Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I really hate Arteta. If I was on the pitch, I'd definitely accidentally elbow him on purpose.
Mad game. Everyone would have taken them going on to smash this 4 or 5 nil, yet they're amazingly hanging on late doors and have to bring a centre back on.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You goon. This is soooo late after that goal, I thought they'd equalised!
Hahaha sorry I been driving and just parked up to check the score. Gabriel on is fine. I had Kabore... Everyone else seems to have a Chelsea defender.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He's still getting 5 points though, so still decent.
Much, much better than clean sheet and max bonus on top of that though. All for a last minute leak that none of the influencers fancied 10 minutes before deadline!

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:lol: Saliba owners. Get in Forest. 4 point vs guaranteed 12 point swing. Beautiful.

Now, moving forward, is Gabriel a sell or keep? He played the most minutes in pre season, was crucial last season and Arse have almost thrown away a 2 goal lead while benching him… will Arteta bring him back now? Or do we just swap him for annoying twat Saliba and be thankful that Saliba’s haul was destroyed this gw (:lol:)?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: Saliba owners. Get in Forest. 4 point vs guaranteed 12 point swing. Beautiful.

Now, moving forward, is Gabriel a sell or keep? He played the most minutes in pre season, was crucial last season and Arse have almost thrown away a 2 goal lead while benching him… will Arteta bring him back now? Or do we just swap him for annoying twat Saliba and be thankful that Saliba’s haul was destroyed this gw (:lol:)?
I'd still prefer to have made the switch as I'd be sat on 1 for Gab instead of 5 for Saliba

Sods law would have been leaving Gab in then see the Sheff Utd sub have a stormer. That's the usual fantasy football way.

You obvs keep Gab if you have him. There will be someone else who emerges you'll need to get in.

CM

Gabriel coming on for the one pointer to prevent Trent coming off my bench. We're back!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
You obvs keep Gab if you have him. There will be someone else who emerges you'll need to get in.
That’s not true if they’re sticking with this system. Saliba’s definitely more suited to that centre back role and in Timber / White they have tailor made players for the hybrid fullback roles. What we have to hope for is that Arteta abandons the system and moves to a conventional four otherwise he’s always likely to come on in the last 20/30 minutes to close games out which is a nightmare for FPL defenders, particularly centre backs. He’s so highly owned that his value will drop quickly too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That’s not true if they’re sticking with this system. Saliba’s definitely more suited to that centre back role and in Timber / White they have tailor made players for the hybrid fullback roles. What we have to hope for is that Arteta abandons the system and moves to a conventional four otherwise he’s always likely to come on in the last 20/30 minutes to close games out which is a nightmare for FPL defenders, particularly centre backs. He’s so highly owned that his value will drop quickly too.
You probably give it another game to judge though. And if someone cheap scores 2 goals they'll probably emerge as a bigger priority if you have decent defence cover.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is my thinking also.

Just sooo glad Forest wiped out Saliba’s clean sheet and guaranteed bonus 3.

Just deciding whether it’s Gabriel to Saliba or someone else.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Already sold. He's gonna tank with such high ownership currently. Not losing team value that quickly.

There's obviously a chance he plays, especially if Timber is out, but I'm not taking the risk, especially with a weak bench.

Maluco

Saliba is the most obvious change that people will make, so it will probably be a 4.9 to 5.1 by Monday. Too early to take a hit like that or only have 4.5 options to replace him.

Even if you have saved some cash, it’s not worth dipping in to it for that.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Saliba is the most obvious change that people will make, so it will probably be a 4.9 to 5.1 by Monday. Too early to take a hit like that or only have 4.5 options to replace him.

Even if you have saved some cash, it’s not worth dipping in to it for that.
Are you talking about Gabriel to Saliba? Surely Gabriel will come back in as the regular starter so the short term immediate price movement is irrelevant?

Edit:
As long as this doesn't become a common tactical change then it's irrelevant if he's a season long pick. I'm holding.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Despite just saying I'm holding, it is a little worrying to see that neither Ramsdale or Holding have Gabriel in their teams:

Maluco

Are you talking about Gabriel to Saliba? Surely Gabriel will come back in as the regular starter so the short term immediate price movement is irrelevant?

Edit:
As long as this doesn't become a common tactical change then it's irrelevant if he's a season long pick. I'm holding.
It is very unstable early on with so many casual players. Lots will just see he hasn’t started and transfer him out without thinking. I can’t afford to take the risk.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Held March and Mitoma for the last 6/7 GWs of last season and they've just about matched that output in one game. Of course, I have neither in my team this year.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Already sold. He's gonna tank with such high ownership currently. Not losing team value that quickly.

There's obviously a chance he plays, especially if Timber is out, but I'm not taking the risk, especially with a weak bench.
Imagine he switches out Saliba for Gabriel for tactical reasons next game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
In other news, surprised Andreas is back already. I thought he'd be back a couple of months into the new season.

Garner's also playing today, so the ex-United boys are getting a good run-out.