g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 23/24

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
[
Yep, thanks to the bumhead who persuaded me onto him!
As if a Forest keeper was ever going to be a better bet than a United keeper.

He's 4m for a reason
Because he was second choice at Arsenal. It wasn't a mistake, this is on paper Forest's easiest game of the season. Onana could possibly get saves bonus, but relying on a United CS when we've been terrible in preseason and against Wolves is equally risky.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yep, thanks to the bumhead who persuaded me onto him!
As if a Forest keeper was ever going to be a better bet than a United keeper.

He's 4m for a reason
Yeah I jumped on him because I saw everyone getting him and got fomo. Don't think it'll be an expensive lesson as Onana is likely to concede tomorrow but going forward, I will just play Onana every week.

Thing is, I had a hunch Hamer would score...

Dazzmondo

[

Because he was second choice at Arsenal. It wasn't a mistake, this is on paper Forest's easiest game of the season. Onana could possibly get saves bonus, but relying on a United CS when we've been terrible in preseason and against Wolves is equally risky.
This is still an unproven keeper for a Forest team that conceded 68 goals last season. Think people got a bit carried away on this one. No matter how bad they are, Sheff Utd and Luton are going to score some goals and Forest are likely to be one of the worst defences in the league again this season

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
2pts for Turner sucks but not the end of the world. Be surprised if we keep a clean sheet tomorrow and if we do at least that's a real life positive.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Happy the Turner pick flopped because I still have Steele starting and went with Areola as reserve

Canuckred64

Statistically Turner was the right call. Forest were twice as likely to get a clean sheet against Sheffield United as we are to get one against Spurs. Sheffield United are going to have trouble scoring all year unless they bring in somebody in the next two weeks. They likely will come close to beating their own record for the least goals a team has scored in a Premier season. It also took a an incredible shot by Hammer to score their goal and I belive that was their only real chance to score.. It was unfortunate that Turner didn't get a clean sheet, but that's the nature of the game.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Statistically Turner was the right call. Forest were twice as likely to get a clean sheet against Sheffield United as we are to get one against Spurs. Sheffield United are going to have trouble scoring all year unless they bring in somebody in the next two weeks. They likely will come close to beating their own record for the least goals a team has scored in a Premier season. It also took a an incredible shot by Hammer to score their goal and I belive that was their only real chance to score.. It was unfortunate that Turner didn't get a clean sheet, but that's the nature of the game.
Take your reasonable post and get the feck out of this thread :lol:

JP77

Turner is alright for 4m but I doubt I’ll ever put him in because I’ll never have confidence in him to keep a clean sheet. Forest really aren’t very good and Turner is a bang average keeper. He’s just being highlighted right now because of his price, I honestly think you’re much better off paying the extra than having him sat on the bench almost every week with zero confidence in bringing him in for almost any match bar possibly Luton at home. It’s nice to have such a cheap starter but do you honestly feel confident in bringing him in on the weeks your top keeper has a bad fixture? Personally I would rather pay the extra 0.5 or so for a keeper that you can rotate in and out of the team more, Sanchez being the obvious one.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good post. Don't know why everyone is crying about it when Onana hasn't even played yet. It was the right call but didn't pay off this time. No biggie.

Turner is alright for 4m but I doubt I’ll ever put him in because I’ll never have confidence in him to keep a clean sheet. Forest really aren’t very good and Turner is a bang average keeper. He’s just being highlighted right now because of his price, I honestly think you’re much better off paying the extra than having him sat on the bench almost every week with zero confidence in bringing him in for almost any match bar possibly Luton at home. It’s nice to have such a cheap starter but do you honestly feel confident in bringing him in on the weeks your top keeper has a bad fixture? Personally I would rather pay the extra 0.5 or so for a keeper that you can rotate in and out of the team more, Sanchez being the obvious one.
He's not there as a rotation option really. Just a standard cheapest playing bench player to our main gk. The only real reason people put him on this week is because we looked so God awful against Wolves at home.

ROFLUTION

Saved a 1 on 1 yesterday and had a good game against Arsenal. If it hadnt been for a freak goal we’d be talking about a great pick for 4.0. Allison, Ederson, Pope, Onana wouldnt have saved that goal neither.

People are being too harsh on a decent goalkeeper for 4.0. The issue is however, that everybody can afford almost any player so there’s no real need to go with 4.0/4.5 if others like Ederson is a safe and stable pick.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I jumped on him because I saw everyone getting him and got fomo. Don't think it'll be an expensive lesson as Onana is likely to concede tomorrow but going forward, I will just play Onana every week.

Thing is, I had a hunch Hamer would score...
Hopefully we win 3-1 with Bruno and Rashy going absolutely appenhaller.

Nervous about getting home for that one now they bloody add so much time onto the end of matches.
Wycombe was 10mins 2nd half midweek, for no particular reason.
Add in a criminally slow laptop too and probably be 6pm before it's up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, we made the mistake of thinking he was a rotational. When really you pick a big club keeper for a reason.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Did I just miss the boat to change my team? I want to make Salah captain.

JP77

Good post. Don't know why everyone is crying about it when Onana hasn't even played yet. It was the right call but didn't pay off this time. No biggie.

He's not there as a rotation option really. Just a standard cheapest playing bench player to our main gk. The only real reason people put him on this week is because we looked so God awful against Wolves at home.
Saved a 1 on 1 yesterday and had a good game against Arsenal. If it hadnt been for a freak goal we’d be talking about a great pick for 4.0. Allison, Ederson, Pope, Onana wouldnt have saved that goal neither.

People are being too harsh on a decent goalkeeper for 4.0. The issue is however, that everybody can afford almost any player so there’s no real need to go with 4.0/4.5 if others like Ederson is a safe and stable pick.
That’s fair but at the end of the day it comes down to how you play the game. Personally I would rather have one of the top keepers and a good backup that can come in when the top keeper has a risky fixture against one of the better teams, that way you potentially don’t have to rotate keepers in and out throughout the season in terms of transfers.

Like I said on one hand it’s good to have a starting keeper for 4 million but ultimately I never felt tempted because there’s close to no chance I’m ever putting him in my team. I still feel it’s stronger to have backup options on the bench instead of the cheapest players you are never going to use. There’s enough options in the game now that you don’t need to do that unless you want three or four of the top priced players in your starting lineup.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Still no real midfield and attack 5.0-5.5 mil bargains on sight. I thought Elanga will be the one but he is still a sub.

saik

Still no real midfield and attack 5.0-5.5 mil bargains on sight. I thought Elanga will be the one but he is still a sub.
And now 5.5m attacker Pedro is benched. Who else is there in that bracket? Pedro not starting regularly is going to be an issue. Owning both Salah and Haaland is a fecking nightmare. :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And now 5.5m attacker Pedro is benched. Who else is there in that bracket? Pedro not starting regularly is going to be an issue. Owning both Salah and Haaland is a fecking nightmare. :lol:
After our home game vs Forest i will bring in Rodri and Salah. I don't see better mid value in that range than Rodri.
Cheapest regular striker is DCL but he has other issues.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
As expected, Brighton rotation. Luckily I was planning to do Pedro to Jackson anyway heehee. Hopefully he comes on and scores so I can bag a 0.1

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I have Pedro benched this week anyway. A lot have just a first XI with just fodder on the bench, if those didn’t hold their transfer until next week - there will be a few -8s minimum with the blind panic :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It all but confirms that Brighton are a “stay away”, especially when European games start up.

SteveCoppellFan

You missed their price rise last night though.
This is a slippery slope.

I have 2 free transfers and was going to bring in Maddison last night but decided against it.

Burning 2 transfers for a following game week when you are only through one game in the current game week has a habit of back firing.

AlexUTD

This is a slippery slope.

I have 2 free transfers and was going to bring in Maddison last night but decided against it.

Burning 2 transfers for a following game week when you are only through one game in the current game week has a habit of back firing.
Yeah it is mate, i wanted both but got Maddison and had to let Mbuemo rise cause i want more data and have a joker in midfield i want also soon.

SteveCoppellFan

Yeah it is mate, i wanted both but got Maddison and had to let Mbuemo rise cause i want more data and have a joker in midfield i want also soon.
To get in Maddison, Id also need to remove either Gabriel or Pedro to fund it.

I could not make up my mind on either so wanted to see how they fared this weekend.

Pedro being benched might have made my mind up, lets hope Gabriel is not benched as well !!