Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised at so many remaining with Rashford despite the way we're playing and with him showing complete lack of interest
Next week away v Arsenal is the time to act on Bruno and possibly Rashy.
Too risky taking them out home to Forest.

Both had headers from close range missed, and Bruno could easily have had a pen. 1/2 points could easily have been 10.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Bit the bullet, Gabriel is going to drop in price tonight so brought in Botman. Botman will primarily be on the bench and he will rotate very well with Colwill when Chelsea have some tough fixtures.

Joao Pedro will drop also tonight, but I had him from beginning so he will stay at 5.5 for me.

Also currently have 1.4 in the bank

For GW3:

Pickford

Chilwell - Estupinan - Colwill

Rashford (VC) - Bruno - Saka - Mbeumo - Mitoma

Haaland (C) - Watkins

Subs: Turner, Botman, Joao Pedro, Kabore

Aint gota Kalou

I have two FTs and no real injuries or rotation issues to use them on. Martinelli for Foden is my only temptation, worth it?

saik

They are long term picks. Yes they started slow but if you didn't already get on the Mbeumo Wissa train then you are most likely too late.
Yea not the Brentford picks (pretty sure they'll slow down soon or atleast I hope they do :lol:) but I'll make a sideways move to Diaz or someone from Spurs/City.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So looks like Maddison has minor MCL injury and "could be ready this weekend". With how well Lo Celso played pre-season plus two easy fixtures, can easily see Spurs resting him or managing his minutes until after international break.

Reckon I will take him out.

Would people suggest Foden or Mbuemo?

AlexUTD

So looks like Maddison has minor MCL injury and "could be ready this weekend". With how well Lo Celso played pre-season plus two easy fixtures, can easily see Spurs resting him or managing his minutes until after international break.

Can`t you wait until the weekend? Madders have good fixtures coming up. I bought him on friday before the prise rise, so not always smart to go early on players.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Can`t you wait until the weekend? Madders have good fixtures coming up. I bought him on friday before the prise rise, so not always smart to go early on players.
I can but I'm in a position where I need to catch points and it's quite likely he will either miss out or have minutes managed.

Plus, both Mbuemo & Foden going up tonight.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

They both have good fixtures. Not sure how Doku is going to affect Fodens minutes. Mbeumo might be the safer pick.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
They both have good fixtures. Not sure how Doku is going to affect Fodens minutes. Mbeumo might be the safer pick.
I might just take the price hit and wait.

Edit: feck it, did it. Foden for Maddison. Gonna WC after these next 2 GW's and Foden has two great fixtures so expect him to sit on the bench.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Did Sterling catch anyone else’s eye in the West Ham game? Very tempting with that fixture run. He looked really good.

RedMist99

Got 3 players dropping tonight in Gabriel, Eze and Pedro. Had two free transfers so had to take action. Keeping Pedro as forwards are so scarce and feel resources are better spent in midfield and defence.

However, I've had to act quickly without a great deal of planning so ended up with a couple of punts. Hoping Zinchenko comes back into the arsenal side now that their defensive issues are mounting. Him dropping to 4.9 is quite a blessing as the only mid I could afford that I fancied at the 6.5ish mark was Diaby, who was 6.6m. Feel I've missed the boat on Mbueno now so avoiding, which is really annoying as he was in my team for weeks over summer, only to pull him on on the final day or two.

Edit: rushing made me completely forget Ward Prowse... Shit

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He did but their finish is still very bad and he can’t do much finishing from their RW.
You are probably right, but those fixtures and a whole new midfield behind him….and those fixtures:drool:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am keeping Gabriel for another week but brought Gusto for Baldock to have another option. I cannot really convince myself to invest in defence currently when there are virtually no solid options, Estupinan and Chilwell I already own.

I will need to get rid of both Bruno and Rashford (in that order) after Nottingham game, that will be priority number one.

stretford_oslo

Decided to keep Bruno and Rashford for now, but almost regretting it already. Would've tossed them both if it wasn't for the Gabriel issue.
The game vs Forest will be a low scoring one I'm sure.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Still deciding between Chilwell, Jackson, Alvarez as my transfer this week. Could potentially roll it as Watkins has Burnley.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Committed now to holding off on anything for at least one more week. If we can't do anything against Forest at home then Rashford is 100% gone. Terrified of Chilwell this week tbh but no way to him with this...

Onana (Turner)
Cash Saliba Estu (Udogie) (Baldock)
Rashford Salah Diaby Saka (Chuk)
Haaland Pedro Jackson

£0.5m in the bank. 1 FT.

I think this is the week that will decide whether to wildcard or not for me. As with Rashford if Jackson blanks again to Luton he can get in the bin. Pedro as well if he's benched again. 2/3 of those things happening + the injuries to my bench players is enough for me to pull the trigger. A good week and I can just do something like Rash + Chuk out for a couple of decent mids and bench Pedro.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If I was wildcarding this week it would probably look something like this

Areola Johnstone
Chilwell Gusto Akanji Saliba Udogie
Saka Diaz Foden Mbuemo Mitoma
Watkins Jackson Haaland

£1.2m in the bank. Weekly benching fun.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
On paper yeah. It's also the sort of team I can see myself instantly regretting after a couple of City benching's and Chelsea continuing to unimpress.
I would try hold off until international break. Price rises and drops wont matter with Haaland being the only premium worth having.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Done my 1 transfer, going with:

Pickford

Shaw
Chilwell
Estu

Saka
Odegaard
Rashford
Diaz
Mitoma

Isak
Haaland (c)

Got Turner, J.Pedro, Beyer and Baldock on the bench with 0.2 in the bank.

Think I may have to address GK soon.

adkb

Need help people.

I currently have Gabriel, Stones, Maddison and Darwin.

All three look dodgy af as of now. I need to know was the best way to deal with the one free transfer I have.
To add
Really depends on the rest of your midfield and attack, you still have 2 of the top defenders, so as long as you're going 343 or 352 that's only 1 transfer to sort your defence for now, and maybe one more and a -4 to get rid of Darwin most likely.
Suggestion to replace Darwin with? I got Halaand and some no name 4.5 million forward.

My mid did well this week thanks to Mitoma and Mbuemo, but i doubt they will keep bailing me out. I got Rashford and Saka as well.

Drizzle

I'm going Watkins to Jackson and I know deep down that this is a huge trap. Selling a reliable proven fpl asset away to Burnley for some random new striker who has so far shown poor finishing, just 'for the fixtures'.

I can only apologise to future me. I couldn't help it, it was just too tempting :(

kps88

Bit annoying we didn't get to see Burnley or Luton in action last weekend. Would have helped me decide between Watkins and Jackson.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
City's fixtures look to good to ignore. Had 2 transfers, did 3 and took a -4. 1.6m ITB is a nice one to see where I can upgrade next week perhaps, just have to hope that Rashford doesn't go off this week.

Rashford to Luis Diaz
Gakpo to Alvarez
Cash to Walker

Onana
Gabriel Walker Estupinian
Salah Diaz Saka Mitoma
Alvarez Haaland Joao Pedro​

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

To add

Suggestion to replace Darwin with? I got Halaand and some no name 4.5 million forward.

My mid did well this week thanks to Mitoma and Mbuemo, but i doubt they will keep bailing me out. I got Rashford and Saka as well.
I'd stick with Maddison and hope he plays, and focus on Darwin, get him out for Alvarez.
Or, if you fancy a punt on someone who hasn't scored yet but has great fixtures and is guaranteed to play, Jackson.
Try and save your WC for the international break if you can get away with fielding a pretty decent team for a -4 hit this week.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If I was wildcarding this week it would probably look something like this

Areola Johnstone
Chilwell Gusto Akanji Saliba Udogie
Saka Diaz Foden Mbuemo Mitoma
Watkins Jackson Haaland

£1.2m in the bank. Weekly benching fun.
I have that now. For next week bench is Diaz, Gvardiol and Gusto. What can go wrong? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just seen I've got a 100.8m team value.
Chilwell, Estu and Saliba have gone up 0.5m between them so far. That's some decent bank.
Wissa, Mitoma and Saka all 0.1m too.

Imagine if the United guys, Jackson and Martinelli actually start going!

Saliba, Wissa, Estu and Jackson all on the way to further increases by the next deadline too.

Spark

City's fixtures look to good to ignore. Had 2 transfers, did 3 and took a -4. 1.6m ITB is a nice one to see where I can upgrade next week perhaps, just have to hope that Rashford doesn't go off this week.

Rashford to Luis Diaz
Gakpo to Alvarez
Cash to Walker

Onana
Gabriel Walker Estupinian
Salah Diaz Saka Mitoma
Alvarez Haaland Joao Pedro​
A Salah Diaz double is the one. Think I'll take a -4 and ship Richarlison, before Diaz's price rises any more.w and have the exact same midfield as you :lol:

Onana
Saliba Chilwell Estupinian
Salah Diaz Saka Mitoma
Alvarez Haaland Wissa

Areola Garnacho Botman Baldock 0.3 ITB

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Starting £4.5m striker? Not that it matters with the shit pricing this season.
Worth considering, But McBurnie is nearing fitness, Brewster seems to be doing some training, and they already have Osula getting minutes (probably as a necessity). Will see how it pans out, but he seems as much a roation risk as my current bench sitting and dearer Joao Pedro anyway

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
All I will say is remember when Brewster first went to Sheffield United and he was a £4m starting striker and did feck all.
:lol: very true. And he's still there.

I think this might be the season to spread the funds + Haaland and just take your bench points on the chin as and when they happen so probably no need for a £4.5m striker.