Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
James is probably back after NT break. Sterling is worth it i think. Bruno or Rashford will be major dilemma for everyone this year.
I might just go Bruno from the two. Better expected data, guaranteed 90 minutes and penalties for 0.5 less.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I might just go Bruno from the two. Better expected data, guaranteed 90 minutes and penalties for 0.5 less.
Him and Rashy will be similiar with points in the end. You can't do that wrong.

I wouldn't go with Foden do. Not worth it. Rotation and shit. And bold move to go without Mitoma.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This season is going from shit to bigger shit. I wildcarded, have 15 players who play (and all are flavour of the month) and i got 41 points.
Ederson conceded In 85th minute, Brenford duo did shit, whole defence got 2 points between them, Mitoma blanked.
No way i will beat my FPL record from last year. 3 games in season and morale is low as it goes.

I hate this game.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Am I making a mistake selling Bruno? Am I chasing points with Sterling? Am I missing a trick going without Gusto?

Would love some thoughts @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Moby @RDCR07 @Andycoleno9 @Maluco @anyone
I think Sterling’s fixtures are too good to ignore. If it was only Luton, I would think twice, but he looked electric away at West Ham too and seems to be stepping up as the senior attacking player at the club.

I don’t have Bruno, but will be getting him in after the Arsenal game, probably for Foden. There are too many ways he can bag points.

He is a way better asset than Mbeumo for example, but people are obviously going crazy because of the opening games.

After Bournemouth next, I would even put Bruno back in over Mbeumo. With de Bruyne injured, he is the best creative player in the whole league and he has penalties.

0161_UNITED

Any other Johnstone owners, and what are we doing? I’m tempted to just use my FT this week Johnstone -> Areola and wait a week to figure out who to upgrade Turner to. I’m assuming the Dean Henderson transfer goes through. Annoying to have to do GK transfers but I worry Johnstone is going to get transferred out massively quite soon.

Red Star One

This season is going from shit to bigger shit. I wildcarded, have 15 players who play (and all are flavour of the month) and i got 41 points.
Ederson conceded In 85th minute, Brenford duo did shit, whole defence got 2 points between them, Mitoma blanked.
No way i will beat my FPL record from last year. 3 games in season and morale is low as it goes.

I hate this game.
It's still early days brother and much will happen over the length of the season. Always feels terrible when you wildcard and the hot lads just stop getting points the moment you get them in, but you never bought those players for one game - give them some time!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Any other Johnstone owners, and what are we doing? I’m tempted to just use my FT this week Johnstone -> Areola and wait a week to figure out who to upgrade Turner to. I’m assuming the Dean Henderson transfer goes through. Annoying to have to do GK transfers but I worry Johnstone is going to get transferred out massively quite soon.
I don’t think Henderson is going to start the next few weeks. He still isn’t fit. Plus he needs to displace Johnstone who has done decent so far. So I will wait I till i wildcard around the 2nd international break.

0161_UNITED

I don’t think Henderson is going to start the next few weeks. He still isn’t fit. Plus he needs to displace Johnstone who has done decent so far. So I will wait I till i wildcard around the 2nd international break.
Cheers. I think I might still go ahead with transferring in Areola since he’s going to price rise and there’s no other pressing issue in my team right now, except maybe upgrading Eze. Biggest issue is in a couple of weeks when Turner and Areola have City / Liverpool respectively, I need to book a FT for that week… I don’t think you can roll with 2 4.0 GKs.

Dimitar09

Sold Darwin Nunez this week after he was on the bench for the first two games.
Of course he hauls.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bruno may get points coming up, but Arsenal away and Brighton home don't scream hauls..so you could be spot on reducing him to Maddo.
Already have him. WC team below:

Ederson
Chilwell, Estupinian, Udogie
Saka, Bruno, Maddison, Mbuemo, Sterling
Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Areola, Trippier, Kabore, Archer

£1.2m in the bank

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ederson
Haaland, Jackson

£1.2m in the bank
Are you sure you can't hold 1 more gameweek do your wildcard over the international break?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While it's good to see Newcastle concede as a few in my league oddly have a couple of them, Salah spawning a late assist and worst of all, Liverpool getting away with a win at a tough ground when down to 10.and hapless is a disaster.

Moby

Dick

Ederson
Haaland, Jackson

£1.2m in the bank
Estupinan is an interesting one, they haven't kept clean sheet in easy games and now they are playing better attacks. And there's Europe. But I got my season ended last season when I benched him vs Arsenal for the same reason and he dropped 18 points.

What would you suggest me to do with this squad? 1 FT for this week and around 3M ITB.

Onana, Turner
Chilwell, Estupinan, Udogie, Gabriel, Beyer
Saka, Rashford, Martinelli, Mbeumo, Mitoma
Haaland, Jackson, Archer

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Estupinan is an interesting one, they haven't kept clean sheet in easy games and now they are playing better attacks. And there's Europe. But I got my season ended last season when I benched him vs Arsenal for the same reason and he dropped 18 points.

What would you suggest me to do with this squad? 1 FT for this week and around 3M ITB.

Onana, Turner
Haaland, Jackson, Archer
Try and move on Martinelli.

Maluco

Ederson
Haaland, Jackson

£1.2m in the bank
I still think Ederson is a waste of money, especially when 5 million City defenders are a thing. The hauls will always come from the 4.5Gks

I would downgrade him and give yourself another bench option, maybe Wissa? Points on the bench will always be a thing, but I think have two proper bench players will enable you to play the fixtures and avoid hits in the future.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are you sure you can't hold 1 more gameweek do your wildcard over the international break?
Already played. Wanted to wait but I had 6 players between arsenal and United including that useless Gabriel. I've just clawed back into my league and don't want to fall behind again.

Onana, Turner
Haaland, Jackson, Archer
If not using WC, deal with Gabriel. Or do Martinelli to Maddison.
I still think Ederson is a waste of money, especially when 5 million City defenders are a thing. The hauls will always come from the 4.5Gks

I would downgrade him and give yourself another bench option, maybe Wissa? Points on the bench will always be a thing, but I think have two proper bench players will enable you to play the fixtures and avoid hits in the future.
I might think about it but he's the nailed city defender. The money I have left is to switch out Jackson when Chelsea fixtures turn hard, which coincides with villa fixtures turning easy.

Moby

Dick
Nah not gonna WC now. I was thinking of Gabriel to Trippier or Gusto but since I can play Udogie this week I can bench that fecker. I feel there's more upside in midfield especially with Sterling who is at home to Forest.

Maluco

Already played. Wanted to wait but I had 6 players between arsenal and United including that useless Gabriel. I've just clawed back into my league and don't want to fall behind again.

I might think about it but he's the nailed city defender. The money I have left is to switch out Jackson when Chelsea fixtures turn hard, which coincides with villa fixtures turning easy.
Flekken, for example, got 4 this week even conceding. You can imagine him getting 4 again next week and if he gets a clean sheet, it could well be an 8 pointer.

Ederson is one goal, you’re dead, and he just isn’t a very good shot stopper. You are totally reliant on City being faultless for 100 minutes to not get a certain 2 pointer.

I really think that having a quality bench option would more than make up a difference (if there even is any) by seasons end. Especially when you consider hits and needless transfers you would avoid.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Flekken, for example, got 4 this week even conceding. You can imagine him getting 4 again next week and if he gets a clean sheet, it could well be an 8 pointer.

Ederson is one goal, you’re dead, and he just isn’t a very good shot stopper. You are totally reliant on City being faultless for 100 minutes to not get a certain 2 pointer.

I really think that having a quality bench option would more than make up a difference (if there even is any) by seasons end. Especially when you consider hits and needless transfers you would avoid.
You talk a good game. I will look into this for sure.

jasT1981

47 all out.

Haaland pen miss cost me 2 points and Trippier and Estupinan only got one point between them. Solanke mis-firing too.

Thinking about pulling the free hit and gutting my team

Maluco

47 all out.

Haaland pen miss cost me 2 points and Trippier and Estupinan only got one point between them. Solanke mis-firing too.

Thinking about pulling the free hit and gutting my team
Remember that chip is only for one GW! The wildcard is the one you want to change your team permanently.

Just in case you were a new player who confused the two. Wouldn’t want you wasting a chip!

jasT1981

Remember that chip is only for one GW! The wildcard is the one you want to change your team permanently.

Just in case you were a new player who confused the two. Wouldn’t want you wasting a chip!
Yes, thank you, that is what I meant. I got the two mixed up.

2bd season, momentary lapse lo.l

Swiss_Red89

What do people think about Gordon? Only 5.5, looked electric today.

Will surely be rotated when CL begins, but I'm thinking of taking a punt on him.

Last edited:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

You talk a good game. I will look into this for sure.
And yet, who will end up with more points?

Ed for me

Maluco

And yet, who will end up with more points?

Ed for me
Raya ended up with more last season and cost 1 million less.

I think if it enables you to have a Wissa/Awonyiwi on the bench instead of a 4.5, it’s more than worth it.

So many people just two GW with James/Stones/Gabriel/Joao Pedro rage subs last few weeks, myself included.

Having 8 viable attackers allows you to take your time and not rush, as well as attack good fixtures with greater ease.

That far outweighs the potential of Ederson, possibly, slightly outperforming a 4.5.

Thats before you even mention the fact that there are two valid 4.0 options in play.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I have binned Mitoma for Sterling due to Brighton's five week run of horror fixtures. Would love to shift Estupinan as well tbh, but don't want to fall behind 64% of people if he suddenly gets a haul. Their defence looks dodgy though.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I have binned Mitoma for Sterling due to Brighton's five week run of horror fixtures. Would love to shift Estupinan as well tbh, but don't want to fall behind 64% of people if he suddenly gets a haul. Their defence looks dodgy though.
I'm going to do the same, but Maddison for Mitoma. Tough run Brighton have and can always go back to him. Looks like Maddison is rising tonight so will have to lock it in

Mbeumo might rise, if he does I could go for Sterling as well as I’d have enough in the kitty. That might be GW5 though. My midfield would be considerably strong then.

Need to look at Flekken too for Pickford as Everton look relegation contenders.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thought I'd catch up to first in my mini league and Rodri bails him out

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Who cares about price rises. Info during week worth more.