Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Paul_Scholes18

I notice everyone’s binning Salah off, any particular reason? Do folk think he’s off to Saudi Arabia or is it just because his returns haven’t been that great.
I was thinking of wildcarding him in if he stays soon. Salah fixtures are better now and I think now could be a time to jump on him.

I think I will stick with Rashford and Bruno for now. Surely after the international break we will improve, but if we keep being shit maybe I make a change like that.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Take a punt! Take a punt! Take a punt!

I want to punt on a West Ham attacker so either Bowen or Antonio. I want 5 of these for my midfield...

Saka / Maddison / Sterling / Mbuemo / Bowen / Foden / Bruno

First 3 are locked so it's 1 or 2 from 4 depending on what formation I'm playing (most likely 3-5-2). If it's 3-5-2 then Jackson and Haaland are locked in to play.

Mbuemo - good short term fixtures, usually gets 90 but might need benching next week away at Newcastle. Good placeholder for Diaby until GW8/9.
Bowen - great fixture this week but tough ones against City and Liverpool after.
Foden - great fixture but always a rotation risk with him.
Bruno - 90 min man every game, talisman but I don't think we're anywhere near clicking at the moment so could well be a wait until we do.

But now I'm starting to wonder if 3 x Chelsea is overkill and who would I rather lose from Jackson and Sterling? Gah! Hate this. :lol:
I do wanna punt but don't wanna be in a "Gabriel" situation, especially with the internationals coming up. Never a good idea to also be booking in transfers after WC I guess. I'll have to think about it.

I know what you're saying about Bruno but I think might still be good to have him. Not super expensive, plays every minute, good expected data and even if United are playing shit, one penalty and it's suddenly a 10 pointer.

As for Chelsea, think you gotta see it as a double up on their attack as Chilwell is a must. It's Sterling that concerns me. He passes the eye test but not great stats. But I think you have to play the fixtures here and have him. Easy downgrade to a Mitoma or Diaby if he looks shit again.

AlexUTD

So looking at my WC team, I will 90% go ahead with this:

Ederson
Udogie, Estupinian, Chilwell
Saka, Maddison, Bruno, Mbeumo, Sterling
Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Areola, Trippier, Kabore, Archer

(£1.1 in the bank)

I can go in with this and I have no plans to do any transfers for at least the next 2 GW's (unless injuries etc).

So do I do that and leave myself with flexibility, especially due to international break upcoming? Or Take a punt on my WC and reverse that transfer next week?

Punts I have considered are:

Foden for Bruno (I know I know :lol:)
Bowen for Bruno
Gvardiol for Trippier (bench Estupinian vs. Newcastle)
Bruno is nailed and on pens,foden is a rotation risk,not really worth it in the long run. Bruno have great underlying numbers also.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I do wanna punt but don't wanna be in a "Gabriel" situation, especially with the internationals coming up. Never a good idea to also be booking in transfers after WC I guess. I'll have to think about it.

I know what you're saying about Bruno but I think might still be good to have him. Not super expensive, plays every minute, good expected data and even if United are playing shit, one penalty and it's suddenly a 10 pointer.

As for Chelsea, think you gotta see it as a double up on their attack as Chilwell is a must. It's Sterling that concerns me. He passes the eye test but not great stats. But I think you have to play the fixtures here and have him. Easy downgrade to a Mitoma or Diaby if he looks shit again.
True. Honestly on paper a midfield of Saka / Bruno / Maddison / Sterling / Bowen just screams points. All really key players for their teams. Not even sure Bowen won't trouble City and Liverpool either.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bruno is nailed and on pens,foden is a rotation risk,not really worth it in the long run. Bruno have great underlying numbers also.
Yeah the realistic "punt" is Gvardiol really because even if he gets stuck in my team, it's not the end of the world but the upside is so low that it's probably not worth it.

True. Honestly on paper a midfield of Saka / Bruno / Maddison / Sterling / Bowen just screams points. All really key players for their teams. Not even sure Bowen won't trouble City and Liverpool either.
The thing with Bowen is you need to be absolutely sure he will bang in the next game because although he can do well against City and Liverpool, they're not exactly fixtures you would target.

AlexUTD

Yeah the realistic "punt" is Gvardiol really because even if he gets stuck in my team, it's not the end of the world but the upside is so low that it's probably not worth it.

The thing with Bowen is you need to be absolutely sure he will bang in the next game because although he can do well against City and Liverpool, they're not exactly fixtures you would target.
Trippier will be essential in a couple of GWs mate :cool:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Trippier will be essential in a couple of GWs mate :cool:
Not so sure about that this season. They've got Livramento in now and CL starts up soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start some of the "easier" fixtures in the PL. Also some Newcastle fans seem to think if Botman is out Burn might move to CB, Trippier might tuck in and Hall could come in at LB and play more advanced.

It's still a wait and see for me with him and their defence in general. It's been leaky for a while.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
He's gonna bang your Luton boys into the stone ages.

All joking aside as an early wildcard I have to look at form as well as fixtures and Bowen might be someone you want to keep for a long time.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He's gonna bang your Luton boys into the stone ages.

All joking aside as an early wildcard I have to look at form as well as fixtures and Bowen might be someone you want to keep for a long time.
Mate, he will break his leg jumping over my mates garden fence trying to get into the away end :lol:

AlexUTD

Not so sure about that this season. They've got Livramento in now and CL starts up soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start some of the "easier" fixtures in the PL. Also some Newcastle fans seem to think if Botman is out Burn might move to CB, Trippier might tuck in and Hall could come in at LB and play more advanced.

It's still a wait and see for me with him and their defence in general. It's been leaky for a while.
Trippier is the Captain, he will play.

Newcastle havent had the easiest fixtures either.

ShinjiNinja26

I mean he's ticking along but not worth the money when we're perma capping Haaland at the minute and players at £5m less than him are producing the same if not more. Saka + Maddison for example is still £1m cheaper than Salah + £4.5m bench fodder.
I was thinking of wildcarding him in if he stays soon. Salah fixtures are better now and I think now could be a time to jump on him.

I think I will stick with Rashford and Bruno for now. Surely after the international break we will improve, but if we keep being shit maybe I make a change like that.
I do think Diaz is more value at £7.7m.
I’ve just got this feeling as soon as I drop him he’ll start banging them in again. They’ve got a favourable set of fixtures coming up.

Paul_Scholes18

I’ve just got this feeling as soon as I drop him he’ll start banging them in again. They’ve got a favourable set of fixtures coming up.
If he is off or on pen can be a factor. He has missed many though.

It feels like he is not really value, but there is a decent amount of cheaper picks to get.

Sterling, Diaby, Mitoma, Mbeumo for example are all quite decent and Bowen too and Maddison is not super expensive yet.

Although I guess with Salah I would have to go without Rashford and Bruno and I want at least one of our attackers. Feels so weird watching our games and hoping Antony or like Casemiro gets all the goals.

With Salah I want him to fail either way. Before I have been like I enjoy having Salah to reduce the pain a bit and get some minimal joy if Liverpool win games, but everyone are on Haaland captain these days so Salah is not to fear in mini leagues etc.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Trippier is the Captain, he will play.

Newcastle havent had the easiest fixtures either.
He will definitely miss games. There was a hold-up on the Livramento deal because he wanted to have a season of playing at Southampton and wanted game time.

There is no way he has gone there to spend a season on the bench. CL will mean some benchings for Trips in the league.

AlexUTD

I'm talking about the second half of last season as well. 2 clean sheets in the last 18 games or something stupid.
Well sure but Trippier got assist and bonus points even without clean sheets last season and with the fixtures coming up im not worried.

But it is just my opinion and im going for Trippier cause im convinced that the second he gets a assist or CS with his fixtures coming up then everyone will kneejerk and go for him.

Moby

Dick
He will definitely miss games. There was a hold-up on the Livramento deal because he wanted to have a season of playing at Southampton and wanted game time.

There is no way he has gone there to spend a season on the bench. CL will mean some benchings for Trips in the league.
Trippier can play on the left if Livra needs to play.

AlexUTD

So Trippier the captain will get benched because the new kid does not come from a relegated team to sit on the bench?

Trippier takes the corners and free kicks but the new kid from a relegated side does not want to sit on the bench gotcha.

Guess i have to sell Trippier then with all this new information.

Maluco

Trippier can play on the left if Livra needs to play.
They have brought in Hall too on the left who is an absolute baller.

I think it gets a bit lost because of his time spent outside the league, but Trips turns 33 this month. I don’t think there is anyway he plays every game between now and the end of the year.

I think Livramento was bought with that in mind.

Moby

Dick
They have brought in Hall too on the left who is an absolute baller.

I think it gets a bit lost because of his time spent outside the league, but Trips turns 33 this month. I don’t think there is anyway he plays every game between now and the end of the year.

I think Livramento was bought with that in mind.
Maybe but I'll wait to see him getting benched before worrying about that.

Maluco

So Trippier the captain will get benched because the new kid does not come from a relegated team to sit on the bench?

Trippier takes the corners and free kicks but the new kid from a relegated side does not want to sit on the bench gotcha.

Guess i have to sell Trippier then with all this new information.
They have other set piece takers. He turns 33 this month, he won’t be playing every single game, and they have bought in a young, highly rated RB who needs games after an injury on that basis.

I am pretty confident he will be rested with games coming thick and fast.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Right all aboard the Trippier train. Early departure in GW4 on the wildcard

Leno / Areola
Trippier / Chilwell / Udogie / Walker / Kabore
Bruno / Saka / Maddison/ Sterling / Bowen
Wissa / Haaland / Jackson

Have that.

Moby

Dick

Leno / Areola

Have that.
Big man Antonio didn't last 24 hours in your team, just like in real life. :lol:

paulscholes18

Leno / Areola

Have that.
Don’t like the Leno pick, Fulham have looked really poor defensively.

El-Manos

Wc team;:

onana areola
Estu udogie chilwell walker
Rash Sterling maddison Saka mbuemo
Jackson haaland wissa

yes/ no ?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
With Ansu Fati signing for Brighton I’m taking out Mitoma on my WC during the 2nd intl break.

saik

Any recommendations ? Pickford.
?
Nah. There's better options out there. I'll probably go for Flekken or Sanchez. Other than that you can look at Palace's GK but need to hold on until we see whether Henderson is going to be their first choice GK.

saik

With Ansu Fati signing for Brighton I’m taking out Mitoma on my WC during the 2nd intl break.
Yup. Fecking De Zerbi out here thinking he's Pep constantly rotating everyone, including their GK's. Got his arse rightly handed to him by West Ham. I'm going to take out every Brighton player from my team now. No one is nailed on in their team.

saik

So this is my current team. As you can see, lots of fire to put out already. And, if Baldock leaves, I won't have a bench at all. I'm still umming and ahhing on WC. Do I do it? Or just the 2 free transfers for now and delay the WC until after the international break.

Maluco

So this is my current team. As you can see, lots of fire to put out already. And, if Baldock leaves, I won't have a bench at all. I'm still umming and ahhing on WC. Do I do it? Or just the 2 free transfers for now and delay the WC until after the international break.
Any money in the bank?