Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Suv666

Not sure I get you. It's a game that requires following news for making predictions which is what people are doing. There's nothing that makes it unfair because you can't give it enough time to do what is required.
Its not predictions I’m concerned about its leaks. These accounts leak actual information.

It is unfair when the whole game is based on making predictions based on past information but nerds invested in the game 24*7 get last minute information about starting 11.

Suv666

The deadline used to be an hour before and they moved it to an hour and a half to try and minimise the advantage gained from leaks. To be fair, I'm not sure why they didn't make it a little longer, but perhaps the leaks would just come through even earlier then.
yea I understand that there is no real way to contain these leaks. Its frustrating though.
In the end it worked out i guess as Darwin got an assist.

Moby

Dick
Its not predictions I’m concerned about its leaks. These accounts leak actual information.

It is unfair when the whole game is based on making predictions based on past information but nerds invested in the game 24*7 get last minute information about starting 11.
It's news on a platform where every other news comes out, all of which is taken into account for making these predictions and it is equally available to everyone. As far as getting it on the last minute is concerned, again the game requires you to track the information till the last minute before the deadline hits which is what people are doing. So I'm still waiting for you to explain what exactly is unfair in any of this.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So annoying it's panned out that way. A spawny pen against a 10 men Everton then last min breakaway goal, gives the impression of a dominant performance.
Yeah he wasn't good at all over the 100 odd mins so quite a lucky haul. Kept hitting Everton defenders with every touch. Maybe just a bit of international break hangover. He's worth the money though because he's the only 100% nailed Liverpool attacker and they're getting pens every week after Offside gate.

Suv666

It's news on a platform where every other news comes out, all of which is taken into account for making these predictions and it is equally available to everyone. As far as getting it on the last minute is concerned, again the game requires you to track the information till the last minute before the deadline hits which is what people are doing. So I'm still waiting for you to explain what exactly is unfair in any of this.
I don’t understand how you’re not able to comprehend leaking team sheets before the deadline is unfair.

I’m not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you lets just agree to disagree.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another week, another reversal of captaincy bites me in the backside.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Glad to captain Salah but now expect Haaland to strike back

Moby

Dick
I don’t understand how you’re not able to comprehend leaking team sheets before the deadline is unfair.

I’m not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you lets just agree to disagree.
Likewise. At this point I'd need to post the definition of "unfair" to be able to make the point clearer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah he wasn't good at all over the 100 odd mins so quite a lucky haul. Kept hitting Everton defenders with every touch. Maybe just a bit of international break hangover. He's worth the money though because he's the only 100% nailed Liverpool attacker and they're getting pens every week after Offside gate.
Yep, finally time for me to bring him in this week after United squeeze past Sheff Utd by a goal, and nothing from Rashy/Bruno!

Although imagine if both haul, i'll get sucked back in again, just for City at home, :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Relax footy friend, success in this game is based on 3 things. Footy knowledge, luck and research.

Those who are willing to put more effort into the research will always have a slight edge.
This game spoon feeds people enough with the flags on availability, with fantasy footy scout, with tonnes of media outlets etc.

You could say a lot of the above is "unfair" to the absolute casual. But that's the game - put the research in - profit.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Probably need to take a minus 8 to bring in Salah tonight before I'm blocked out by price rises.

Which is better?

Trippier, Salah, Bowen vs. Burn, Salah, Son?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Probably need to take a minus 8 to bring in Salah tonight before I'm blocked out by price rises.

Which is better?

Trippier, Salah, Bowen vs. Burn, Salah, Son?
I have Bowen and Salah and working towards Trippier. Son is not reliable

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I used the wildcard thing to tear up my team and create a new one. Was in here talking enthusiastically about what a relief it was to shift out Salah and have some funds to bring others in. FML.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I used the wildcard thing to tear up my team and create a new one. Was in here talking enthusiastically about what a relief it was to shift out Salah and have some funds to bring others in. FML.
I used mine to tear up my team so I could bring him in. His (your?) upcoming fixtures looked amazing when I was going through them ahead of the Brighton match and I thought he might hit a rich vein of form.

Might not keep him all season as I've also squeezed in Haaland, Watkins, Maddison and Son in as headline players but it's very much at the expense of other positions. The plan was to swap him back out for Saka eventually, who I've already had once then beef up elsewhere. Will have to see about that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Turner is fine for now but be prepared for him to lose his place soon as they have another GK they bought waiting in the wings. Turner has done ok so should survive a little longer

I like the defense. Dunno if Tsimikas will 100% play all games but you got enough cover there for sure so no worries.

I would not have Mbeumo personally, he is the weak link in your attack. He might do well against Burnley and has pens so not end of the world but without Toney AND Henry, Brentford look to be in trouble going forward. If you have the funds, would make sense to upgrade him.

You might also want to consider an arsenal attacker with the fixtures they have upcoming, especially Sheffield. One is definitely a must.

A solution could be to downgrade Watkins to Alvarez and upgrade Mbeumo to one of Martinelli/Odegaard/Saka (reverse order of my preference).

Apart from that, I would have a team like this if I was using WC right now.
I kept Mbuemo

Chipper

Adulterer.
Looking like an epic week so far. Returns from every one of my 5 starters (Salah, Alvarez, Haaland, Trippier, Gordon).
I think everyone is having decent week with lots of the usual suspects contributing. Interesting to see where it all ends up.

Returns for Mbeumo, Neto, Salah and Haaland for me, Turner on a clean sheet so far.

Edit: Just cursed that clean sheet!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I kept Mbuemo
Yeah always risky taking a player out before a game against Burnley. Sterling did the business against them last week.

But I maintain what I said, don't think Mbeumo will be worth it over the upcoming fixtures. Take the points and discard him soon.
Yeah I think so too thanks. Is the -8 worth it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another low output from Haaland makes me wonder if those non Haaland teams are actually the smart ones.
Alvarez in the lineup seems to be a bit of a reducer, that and no KDB of course.

Salah seems the must have at the moment.

Otherwise, Salah & Trippier, disaster hauls. Turner doesn't spank me on my bench, goal for Alvarez and Haaland and 6 for Tsimikas.

Needs some magic from my United and Spurs boys, which is not a great place!

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ho! Akanji from a clean sheet to a minus figure in the blink of an eye. The dope.

Pickle85

Mate, like anything else you get out what you put in. If you wanted to put in the time it takes to look for leaks ahead of the deadline then you'd do better. You choose not to so you can't really moan that it's not fair.

Chipper

Adulterer.
41 with triple Villa and triple Spurs to go.

Bad Captain pick, Haaland instead of Salah.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Mate, like anything else you get out what you put in. If you wanted to put in the time it takes to look for leaks ahead of the deadline then you'd do better. You choose not to so you can't really moan that it's not fair.
Agree with this. This is only my first season playing and I can't be bothered with leaks but it's a game of information as much as anything else.

Just as there's some who won't follow leaks, some won't even follow widespread injury news or suspensions. The more you know, and the more effort you make to find things out, the better decisions you can make.

I used to gamble on football and it's the same there. Arm yourself with as much info as you can to make better predictions. Occasionally you'd run into something very juicy like a semi pro team missing half their squad with 'flu or going on strike because they weren't paid so they end up playing a bunch of 16 year olds. You might be lucky enough get a bet on before it was widely known and before the bookies changed their odds.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Estupinian, Son & Diaz to 4.0, Salah & Bowen.
Yeah long term that looks sensible. Salah and Bowen are starting to look essential up until the new year. Spurs fixtures start to turn a bit after this Fulham game. Still think Son and Maddison will tick along but there might be better options.

I'll be watching Spurs on Monday and paying close attention to how Son is looking from a fitness point of view.