Fantasy Premier League 23/24

RedDevil@84

Areola, Flekken
Cash, Trippier, Tsimikas, Udogie, Kabore
Saka, Bowen, Son, Maddison, Diaby
Haaland, Alvarez, Archer

2.1 ITB. 1FT.

There is no easy way to get Salah without dismantling good portion of the team. I am not sure if Salah alone will be that worth, especially when I am not gonna captain him every week.
Think I will wait for 1 more week (and not get rid of Diaby) and think what I should do with 2FT next week.

What say?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Areola, Flekken
Cash, Trippier, Tsimikas, Udogie, Kabore
Saka, Bowen, Son, Maddison, Diaby
Haaland, Alvarez, Archer

2.1 ITB. 1FT.

There is no easy way to get Salah without dismantling good portion of the team. I am not sure if Salah alone will be that worth, especially when I am not gonna captain him every week.
Think I will wait for 1 more week (and not get rid of Diaby) and think what I should do with 2FT next week.

What say?
Question - why is Salah not worth it but Haaland is?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I already have Haaland and trying to get Salah
Ideally I want both of them.
I think having both is too much money on two players.

This season is different because you have very viable alternatives who are capable of hauls most weeks for the next 6-7 gameweek.

In attack Alvarez and Watkins of course, and in midfield Bowen, Saka, Maddison, Martinelli, even Mitoma looking tasty with his fixtures coming up.

Moby

Dick
In attack Alvarez and Watkins of course, and in midfield Bowen, Saka, Maddison, Martinelli, even Mitoma looking tasty with his fixtures coming up.
Yeah and you don't have to sell either Salah or Haaland to get those players as they are not premium money.

One of my drafts has a front 7 of Salah, Saka, Son, Mitoma, Watkins, Alvarez and Haaland. Those midfielders are of higher value can be easily swapped for others based on form and fixtures.

redcucumber

Neto or Gordon moving forward? Current midfield is Salah - Son - Bowen - Neto (Anderson). Not having any Arsenal assets has got me slightly shooketh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah and you don't have to sell either Salah or Haaland to get those players as they are not premium money.

One of my drafts has a front 7 of Salah, Saka, Son, Mitoma, Watkins, Alvarez and Haaland. Those midfielders are of higher value can be easily swapped for others based on form and fixtures.
Yeah thats a really good side.
If you're an idiot like me and made silly transfers with a low team value, it's hard to move to that :lol:

I'm also still pursuing my Trent experiment :lol: Bastard should have had an assist and a CS vs Everton :(

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
What is your defence with that?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm gonna wait until Friday regardless but I think I will do one of the following...

A) Maddison & Alvarez to Mitoma & Watkins (-4)
B) Maddison & Alvarez to Saka & Ferguson (-4)
C) Walker to Gabriel (no hit)

What's your gut on these @Sandikan @Moby @Dirty Schwein @RDCR07 etc ?

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Walker Cash Udogie Trippier Kabore
Salah Gordon Maddison Son Diaby
Haaland Alvarez Archer

Currently very happy with Archer and Kabore warming the last 2 bench spots and picking 3 from 4 defenders every week along with GK and captaincy. If I go with either of the top two I'd probably roll and then get in Bowen and Gabriel the week after for Diaby and Walker.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm gonna wait until Friday regardless but I think I will do one of the following...

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Haaland Alvarez Archer

Currently very happy with Archer and Kabore warming the last 2 bench spots and picking 3 from 4 defenders every week along with GK and captaincy. If I go with either of the top two I'd probably roll and then get in Bowen and Gabriel the week after for Diaby and Walker.
Saka or some arsenal player feels needed for their upcoming run.

Gawge

I have transferred out Haaland, which I didn't think would be on the cards this season.

I am definitely worried, but it just feels like the best option available to me at the moment, as I do think Alvarez's current form and minutes make going without Haaland the best option available to me.

I still have my WC, so I could work out a way to have Salah, Watkins, Son and Haaland, but I really do think I prefer just using my free transfers to get Salah.

May regret it, but feel like taking a chance for a few weeks. Having that first Wildcard still means I can easily rectify if it proves a disaster, but if I cope then it lets me really attack that Man City blank/double.

Johnstone
Cash Trippier Saliba
Salah Son Maddison Bowen Saka
Alvarez Watkins

(Turner, Schar, dross x 2)

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Yeah, Haaland out. What a wild feeling. I feel young and feckless again. A risk for sure but just feels like there are so many form players around at the moment, Salah, Son, Maddison, Watkins, Trippier, Saka......you want them all, don't you? I'm also doing shite, so that helps throw off the shackles. Let the fun begin!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Haaland Alvarez Archer

I initially thought A, as Watkins feels essential and Mitoma is about to come into a great run.

Arsenal v Sheff Utd feels utter must cover though.
And taking Alvarez and Maddo (about to come into a great run too), out for -4 could be costly!

Option C feels like it has less tears. Option A is a real 50-50 high risk I think.
Don't like B as Fergo has 1 hattrick and barely a shot on target outside of it and isn't nailed. So feels like you're losing 2 players for Saka.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, Haaland out. What a wild feeling. I feel young and feckless again. A risk for sure but just feels like there are so many form players around at the moment, Salah, Son, Maddison, Watkins, Trippier, Saka......you want them all, don't you? I'm also doing shite, so that helps throw off the shackles. Let the fun begin!
Life gets easier when you lose the fear.
I've gone full circle from thinking people who didn't have Haaland were absolute loons, to watching them romp miles clear of me!

Obviously triple United was maniac too.

Could still be major tears, but I just can't see there's any sensible way to get Trippier, Salah, Haaland, Watkins into one lineup without major sacrifices.

Without Haaland, can cover Son, Salah, Maddo, Martinelli, Saka, Watkins, Alvarez, Trippier and Saliba!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I initially thought A, as Watkins feels essential and Mitoma is about to come into a great run.

Arsenal v Sheff Utd feels utter must cover though.
And taking Alvarez and Maddo (about to come into a great run too), out for -4 could be costly!

Option C feels like it has less tears. Option A is a real 50-50 high risk I think.
Don't like B as Fergo has 1 hattrick and barely a shot on target outside of it and isn't nailed. So feels like you're losing 2 players for Saka.
Fair points. I should have quantified that I'm about 25 points behind the cash league leader who has a front 7 of Salah, Son, Diaby, Bruno, Alvarez, Haaland, Watkins. I think he'll do Bruno to Saka this week. His defence and gk are cheap as chips apart from Udogie and Cash who I also own Annoyingly he's been keeping a little pace with my Trippier hauls by playing Lascelles. Turd.

Moby

Dick

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Haaland Alvarez Archer

And here I am trying to keep hold of both Madders and Alvarez on WC so selling both is a bit crazy for me. I wouldn't touch Ferguson given his injury record and the number of options they have. Alvarez is rested and will play Man United and Bournemouth in the next two who I will probably end up keeping on my WC as well. But if you have to sell them then I like the first option more given Arsenal have Newcastle after Sheffield. You can get arsenal attacker in GW12.

ROFLUTION

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Haaland Alvarez Archer

maybe D) Maddison+Walker to Saka and Gabriel? You’re covered a bit for Watkins by having Diaby. Wouldnt take Alvarez out, has great fixtures and is in great form.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
maybe D) Maddison+Walker to Saka and Gabriel? You’re covered a bit for Watkins by having Diaby. Wouldnt take Alvarez out, has great fixtures and is in great form.
Yeah I think that was my initial thought about 3 pages back actually :lol: Talked myself into a loop since then. And yes really hoping Diaby does something this week rather than Watkins.

Moby

Dick
Yeah I think that was my initial thought about 3 pages back actually :lol: Talked myself into a loop since then. And yes really hoping Diaby does something this week rather than Watkins.
That sounds better than selling Alvarez for sure.

I still can't decide between Madders + Gordon vs Alvarez + Mitoma. :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought this, but Diaby has done next to nothing versus Watkins the last 3-4 weeks.
Beware covering the lesser option in attacks.

(He says, keeping Alvarez instead of Haaland)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Squad is currently..

Leno Areola
Haaland Alvarez Archer

Why is B even an option???

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On another note....if I switch

Martinelli, Son, Alvarez, Burn
to
Mitoma, Anderson, Haaland, Lascelles

could field

Areola/Turner
Trippier Saliba Cash (Tsim/Lascelles)
Salah Saka Maddo Mitoma (Anderson)
Haaland Watkins (4.5m)

@Moby @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein

What do we reckon here? Is Haaland & Mitoma basically more important than having Son, Martinelli and Alvarez?
Would stretch things when Tsim/Lascelles lose their places

Son and Martinelli have great games coming though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

to

could field

Areola/Turner
Haaland Watkins (4.5m)

What do we reckon here? Is Haaland & Mitoma basically more important than having Son, Martinelli and Alvarez?

It's like for like but Haaland won't stay quiet forever.

Moby

Dick

to

could field

Areola/Turner
Haaland Watkins (4.5m)

Salah, Saka, Haaland, Watkins and Son are locked in my WC.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Douglas Luiz for 5.5m for Villa is someone staying off the radar. 4 goals in the last 6, takes the pens, great run coming...

Think I'll move Burn out to Lascelles overnight, as the latter may go up to 4m. Then re-assess tomorrow on.

Think it basically comes down to Trippier v Martinelli.

But to get the former in could field

Trippier-Gabriel-Cash
Salah Saka Son Luiz
Haaland Watkins

Which looks solid.... but that's enough for tonight.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If you’re not planning on doing anything with that extra .8 you might get by brining in Gordon I’d suggest rolling the transfer. It depends on who starts Newcastle tmrw against Dortmund.
Murphy's injury has made my decision for me. Highly likely that Almiron keeps his starting spot now.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Sure he might start but his output isn’t there. Gordon is way more effective for a cheaper price.
Almiron looked like he was hitting another one of his goalscoring patches when I brought him in on my wildcard. May as well roll the transfer and look to potentially upgrade him with a more expensive midfielder next week.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

All this Martinelli talk has me a little baffled. He's not getting a huge amount of minutes and hasn't hauled yet. Am I missing something?
People are wanting Arsenal coverage for their next few fixtures whilst also fitting in the big hitters like Salah, Son and Haaland. Makes sense as he's 0.8m cheaper than Saka and got plenty of hauls last season.