g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Chipper

Adulterer.
I should never have read this post as now i am doubting myself even more :lol:
It's a tough one!

Just looked up anytime goalscorer odds for a bit of extra guidance, see what the betting market thinks. I know they're not a representation of real chances, but sometimes it's all we've got!

Haaland (best odds) 5/6 = 54.5% chance of scoring
Watkins 19/20 = 51.2%
Odegaard (for you) 29/20 = 40.8%
Salah (for me) 1/1 = 50%

xA per 90 so far this season:
Haaland 0.19
Watkins 0.28
Odegaard 0.15
Salah 0.54

For me, I think I've got to stick with Salah. Only slightly less likely to score than the other 2 but much more likely to assist based off this season so far.

For you, Watkins and Haaland looking so close.

Last edited:

Nickosaur

Could destroy my team to get Saka in with my 2x FTs.

But going to keep it simple and just take out Botman for Gabriel.

Will be hiding behind the sofa for the Arse game...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The hesitation with a Salah captaincy is that Forest are not bad defensively meaning teams don’t score 4,5 or 6 past them often, even away from home.
But the flip side is Salah barely had a look in last game, yet still ended up with a double!

RedDevil@84

How are Palace at home? I am chasing differentials and thinking to pick one of Son or Maddison or Saka as captain.
Or be safe and pick Haaland. Don't have Salah and Watkins.

suheilsworld

Salah, Haaland, Watkins, Saka, Son ….. captaincy is a pain this week! Son I’m not considering, but those other 4, anyone can bag a huge score….

Chipper

Adulterer.
How are Palace at home? I am chasing differentials and thinking to pick one of Son or Maddison or Saka as captain.
Or be safe and pick Haaland. Don't have Salah and Watkins.
Pretty tight at the back so far. Quite a few have Johnstone in goal or a random Palace defender because of that.

Palace 0-1 Arsenal (2.21 xG)
Palace 3-2 Wolves (1.14)
Palace 0-0 Fulham (0.54)
Palace 0-0 Forest (1.22)

They like to counter anyway but with no Olise or Eze they really like to sit in at the moment.

Mind you, Spurs have much more threat than anyone they've faced at home so far barring Arsenal who they'd be similar to so they could be opened up. Arsenal could easily have scored more going off that xG

Think your best bet is still Haaland but if you're keen to go with someone else I'd go Saka over the Spurs duo this week. Just don't kill me if I'm wrong, I'm only new at this!

Last edited:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Option B. Mitoma has better fixtures than Palmer going forward.
Thanks. All done and happy.

Areola
Cash Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah (c) Saka Maddison Bowen Mitoma
Haaland Watkins

Strakosha, Estupinan, Taylor, Mubama

Had Maguire as a placeholder for Estupinan but think the latter should be back next week and saves me booking in a transfer

paulscholes18

With Jesus being out for a few weeks, Nketiah to me would be a better option than both Pedro and Ferguson

BootsyCollins

It's a tough one!

Just looked up anytime goalscorer odds for a bit of extra guidance, see what the betting market thinks. I know they're not a representation of real chances, but sometimes it's all we've got!

Haaland (best odds) 5/6 = 54.5% chance of scoring
Watkins 19/20 = 51.2%
Odegaard (for you) 29/20 = 40.8%
Salah (for me) 1/1 = 50%

xA per 90 so far this season:
Haaland 0.19
Watkins 0.28
Odegaard 0.15
Salah 0.54

For me, I think I've got to stick with Salah. Only slightly less likely to score than the other 2 but much more likely to assist based off this season so far.

For you, Watkins and Haaland looking so close.
Thanks man, i really appreciate you took the time to do that.
I will stick with Haaland then, just because he is the only one who has a personal upside for me if dont score.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Thanks. All done and happy.

Areola
Cash Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah (c) Saka Maddison Bowen Mitoma
Haaland Watkins

Strakosha, Estupinan, Taylor, Mubama

Had Maguire as a placeholder for Estupinan but think the latter should be back next week and saves me booking in a transfer
Banging team that.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Agreed. I'm jealous of this one. Looks better than mine and that's even excluding Haaland (who I don't have).
I mean it excludes Son and Trippier but that entire front 7 is talismanic which is why I probably didn't notice at first.

I'd feel comfortable going into most game weeks with that team.

IrishRedDevil

Just looked up a couple of points predictor sites. Free ones so they might be rubbish. They reckon Mbeumo.

I have him but no Palmer, can't say I'm too confident of a haul this weekend.
Thanks, started Mbeumo, but no Udogie tonight means I’ll get Palmer off the bench also.

JP77

Only myself to blame for sticking with both maddison and son this week instead of taking Maddison out for Saka. Talked myself out of it, could work out horrendous for me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Only myself to blame for sticking with both maddison and son this week instead of taking Maddison out for Saka. Talked myself out of it, could work out horrendous for me.
I wouldn't panic. Maddison is picking up really good areas.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Son returned against Fulham because Bassey singlehandedly gifted them 2 goals. Great finish from Son (as usual, tbf), but Spurs created almost nothing outside the goals they were gifted and he won't get many chances against this kind of teams.
Narrator: "They got chances and scored."

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Keeping the Spurs double up has worked so far.

Hopefully Saka is relatively quiet this week and I’ll get him after Newcastle.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Romero, Vicario and Pedro Porro on the bonus points as things stand.

Of course I've got 3 Spurs players but none of them.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Thanks for the jinx. :lol:
You're welcome!

No idea how these bonus points work. Looks like Porro's mistake means Son will get the 3 who I do have, but he cost me 4 for a missed Van de Ven clean sheet.

Pickle85

Lovely moment where I was chuffed for the spurs cleanie going with Madison off, then the realization that actually that would put sonny, a player I've stubbornly refused to get in, from nowhere to top of the bps. Hate this game.