Supports
The greatest team in history
Areola
Trips Gabriel Tsimi
Salah Saka Son Mbuemo Gordon
Haaland Darwin

Strako Lascelles Taylor Mubama

2 FT 0 itb

Someone please suggest me a transfer :lol: @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @troylocker @Theon etc
I was gonna suggest Strako and Lascelles to Dubravka and Branthwaite so you don't have to play Areola but I'm guessing you're £0.1m shy of that. No idea really. Maybe hold and wait to hear if anyone is benched in the week.

Moby

Dick
I was gonna suggest Strako and Lascelles to Dubravka and Branthwaite so you don't have to play Areola but I'm guessing you're £0.1m shy of that. No idea really. Maybe hold and wait to hear if anyone is benched in the week.
Yep 0.1 short so for that move my only option is to kill that spot to someone like a Kabore or Bell, which I am not sure of either. Let's see what happens. Maybe just burn it anyway, no need to force a move when the team is set.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Areola
Trips Gabriel Tsimi
Haaland Darwin

2 FT 0 itb

Someone please suggest me a transfer :lol: @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @troylocker @Theon etc
You want to think of a way to upgrade Darwin to Watkins in a few weeks but you're right, anything you do this week will result in a negative outcome most likely.

Leonzo1

Watkins and Bowen to Darwin and Palmer for a -4 went well. Lost a total of 14 points on those moves. Watkins is driving me absolutely insane, I owned him for the whole season apart from 3 game weeks in which he scored a total of 43 points :rolleyes:

Moby

Dick
You want to think of a way to upgrade Darwin to Watkins in a few weeks but you're right, anything you do this week will result in a negative outcome most likely.
Watkins will be here before 18 for sure, I will sell one of Saka or Mbuemo to do that, but that will happen later on (or if someone else gets injured.) As of now I can't use the transfer for any move. Later on I can move Saka to Palmer that gives me Watkins to Darwin, Lascelles to Porro and Strako to Dubs, or just do Mbuemo to Palmer in 17 and Darwin to Watkins in 18.

Cant even see any one week punt to go for.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Watkins will be here before 18 for sure, I will sell one of Saka or Mbuemo to do that, but that will happen later on (or if someone else gets injured.) As of now I can't use the transfer for any move. Later on I can move Saka to Palmer that gives me Watkins to Darwin, Lascelles to Porro and Strako to Dubs, or just do Mbuemo to Palmer in 17 and Darwin to Watkins in 18.

Cant even see any one week punt to go for.
I would prefer to do Mbeumo rather than Saka simply due to the AFCON.

Help me with Schar vs. Porro.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What do I do chaps @Moby @Dirty Schwein ?

Leno Areola
Cash
Tsimikas Gabriel Trippier Kabore
Salah Son Gordon Mbeumo Martinelli
Archer
Alvarez Haaland

£0.9m in the bank. Feel all those in bold could be improved. 50/50 on Alvarez but not sure I see too much upside as I want Watkins in there soon and City play Luton at the weekend.

Dubravka in for Leno? Dubravka and Saka in for Leno and Martinelli (-4)? Archer to Chris Wood? :lol:

Duafc

Village Lemon

Leno Areola
Cash
Archer
Alvarez Haaland

£0.9m in the bank. Feel all those in bold could be improved. 50/50 on Alvarez but not sure I see too much upside as I want Watkins in there soon and City play Luton at the weekend.

Dubravka in for Leno? Dubravka and Saka in for Leno and Martinelli (-4)? Archer to Chris Wood? :lol:
What's your team value?

edit - Possibly not as wildly above mine as I thought - had tried to work Son in with Salah and Halaand a few weeks ago and could barely field a full team, tried again there and it's not as bad, can't get to Martinelli also but otherwise can match that squad.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Leno Areola
Cash
Archer
Alvarez Haaland

Fulham look a bit shit so Leno to Dubravka is decent and you get to save some money too. Martinelli has been woeful but players that are not on form seem to find form against us. Kabore is fine as bench fodder as he usually plays and gets forward. Cash might be an issue, maybe Cash to Lascelles? Although it's a short term move potentially. I would get rid of Leno.

I have an issue too.

My team is:

Raya
Tsimikas, Saliba, Estupinian
Salah, Son, Saka, Mbeumo, Gordon
Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Branthwaite, Kabore, Archer

Estu HAS to finally go as I am now in a place where all other fires are dealt with and need to work towards Twatkins.

I can either get in Porro/Schar (can't decide) then wait 2 weeks and do Mbeumo and Alvarez to Palmer and Twatkins.

Or I can do this the following three weeks: Estu to Maguire, Raya to Dubravka and then Alvarez to Twatkins.

Would love some advice from the usual suspects @CassiusClaymore @RDCR07 @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @anyone

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What's your team value?

edit - Possibly not as wildly above mine as I thought - had tried to work Son in with Salah and Halaand a few weeks ago and could barely field a full team, tried again there and it's not as bad, can't get to Martinelli also but otherwise can match that squad.
This is a good thing, his xGI has been woeful this season.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Areola
Trips Gabriel Tsimi
Haaland Darwin

2 FT 0 itb
That’s a great team - very close to the ideal template at the moment. I think by GW18 when Villa play Sheffield you’re going to want Watkins over Darwin - given AFCON Mbuemo to Palmer looks like the most obvious move which will free up c. £1.5m for the Watkins upgrade. I think that will be the template front seven over Christmas.

Tough one in terms of what to do now - I think it depends if Gordon is injured and the price you bought him at. If he’s out for a couple of GW’s (which is sod all real time) I’d do the Palmer / Dubravka move. The biggest potential improvement in your team for points is easily in goal, so if Gordon isn’t injured I’d be tempted to swap out Lascelles.

Areola isn’t getting a clean sheet at Spurs whereas Newcastle have a fantastic run. You’re effectively swapping a bench Newcastle asset for a starting Newcastle asset, at the expense of better bench depth. Starting points are always more important so I’d probably do that.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Fulham look a bit shit so Leno to Dubravka is decent and you get to save some money too. Martinelli has been woeful but players that are not on form seem to find form against us. Kabore is fine as bench fodder as he usually plays and gets forward. Cash might be an issue, maybe Cash to Lascelles? Although it's a short term move potentially. I would get rid of Leno.

I have an issue too.

My team is:

Raya
Haaland, Alvarez

Estu HAS to finally go as I am now in a place where all other fires are dealt with and need to work towards Twatkins.

I can either get in Porro/Schar (can't decide) then wait 2 weeks and do Mbeumo and Alvarez to Palmer and Twatkins.

Or I can do this the following three weeks: Estu to Maguire, Raya to Dubravka and then Alvarez to Twatkins.

Would love some advice from the usual suspects @CassiusClaymore @RDCR07 @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @anyone
Cheers. Yeah maybe just the GK transfer then although watch Leno keep a clean against Forest now.

Re: your conundrum - I do like my defenders to be attacking and Porro is right up there. That said you don't have any Newcastle defence at all and they're the best in the league even with their injury issues. Are you binning Mbeumo then for the blank (?) bearing in mind he might get a cheeky double in before Afcon. I want to ideally bench Haaland and one other blanker in 18.

Yeah not bummed on him specifically but I'm in the 4-5m range in terms of spend left compared to 3m extra rich feck CC.
:lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Cheers. Yeah maybe just the GK transfer then although watch Leno keep a clean against Forest now.

Re: your conundrum - I do like my defenders to be attacking and Porro is right up there. That said you don't have any Newcastle defence at all and they're the best in the league even with their injury issues. Are you binning Mbeumo then for the blank (?) bearing in mind he might get a cheeky double in before Afcon. I want to ideally bench Haaland and one other blanker in 18.

:lol:
Also check the rotation on Duvravka and Areola... it's mint.

Yeah I will bin Mbeumo for the blank and will keep eye on the double, if it's a good one and he won't be at AFCON, might bring him back in for Saka then switcharoo straight after, I'm leaving money in the bank for this exact scenario.

Moby

Dick

Leno Areola
Cash
Archer
Alvarez Haaland

Cash to Porro? Seems like an upside move, WHU are garbage in defense and Porro is taking corners etc as well.

Moby

Dick
That’s a great team - very close to the ideal template at the moment. I think by GW18 when Villa play Sheffield you’re going to want Watkins over Darwin - given AFCON Mbuemo to Palmer looks like the most obvious move which will free up c. £1.5m for the Watkins upgrade. I think that will be the template front seven over Christmas.

Tough one in terms of what to do now - I think it depends if Gordon is injured and the price you bought him at. If he’s out for a couple of GW’s (which is sod all real time) I’d do the Palmer / Dubravka move. The biggest potential improvement in your team for points is easily in goal, so if Gordon isn’t injured I’d be tempted to swap out Lascelles.

Areola isn’t getting a clean sheet at Spurs whereas Newcastle have a fantastic run. You’re effectively swapping a bench Newcastle asset for a starting Newcastle asset, at the expense of better bench depth. Starting points are always more important so I’d probably do that.
Absolutely agree with all those points.

If there is no issue with Gordon, I'd just at least do Lascelles to Bell and free up that Newcastle spot instead of burning the transfer. Then I can think of either bringing Dubravka in right away and get that Everton game this gw, and gain some keeper points, or keep two transfers for GW16 where some other issues might come in. So it could just be Lascelles, Strako to Dubravka, Bell this week. Seems a boring way to use two frees but that's what it is.

I do hope Gordon is fine but I'd like to keep him for the coming run including Luton in 18, and rather sell Mbuemo like you said before the blank and just easily enable Darwin to Watkins. Also Gordon has been a good differential last couple of weeks so I hope he stays in.

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
76 all out, with Watkins benched. Didn't know Palmer was benched too otherwise would have put Watkins in the starting lineup.
Trippier, Taylor, Mykolenko, Son and Gordon all returned for me. :devil:
Currently at 16k-ish OR (highest I've ever been :lol: )

Now to decide whether need to get Dubv in or play Areola against Spurs and roll the FT(have 1FT)

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wtf? I had 52 points (not good but not disaster either) and i didn't qualify for the cup. How?:confused:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I have an issue too.

My team is:

Raya
Haaland, Alvarez

Maguire is a decent cheapo pick right now. The quick turn around in games means you can nicely do a couple of freebies before and after the midweek games too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Maguire is a decent cheapo pick right now. The quick turn around in games means you can nicely do a couple of freebies before and after the midweek games too.
Yeah but I dunno, one option on paper looks much weaker than the other.

Dabruvka, Mbeumo & Maguire vs. Raya, Palmer & Porro essentially.

Last edited:

troylocker

Areola
Trips Gabriel Tsimi
Haaland Darwin

2 FT 0 itb

74 all out. Darwin spoilt an otherwise good GW. Can't wait to bin that shit.
In that case:
Mbeumo -> Palmer
&
Darwin -> Watkins

....Which probably is a downgrade of your team, but I really think Mbeumo is massively overrated and his easiest fixture is now behind him. He has 2 goals in the last 10 games and despite putting up good numbers, he's always been a very poor finisher.
You will be a lot better set for GW18 though (Mbeumo blanks and Darwin has Arsenal while Watkins has SHU and Palmer has Wolves).
Gametime will be hard to predict going forward, and we might see some rotation on several of the template players the the next few weeks.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Got a plan forming to bolster the squad and navigate the blank...

GW15 - Leno > Dubravka
GW16 - Martinelli > Palmer
GW17 - Archer > Solanke
GW18 - Alvarez > Twatkins

Play

Dubravka
Trippier Gabriel Tsmikas Cash
Salah Gordon Palmer Son
Twatkins Solanke

in 18 and bench Mbeumo & Haaland. Bring in a City defender and mid for a potential GW20 double and lose Salah/Kabore pre Afcon. Only have Mbeumo and Son to deal with then the week after.

Moby

Dick
In that case:
Mbeumo -> Palmer
&
Darwin -> Watkins

....Which probably is a downgrade of your team, but I really think Mbeumo is massively overrated and his easiest fixture is now behind him. He has 2 goals in the last 10 games and despite putting up good numbers, he's always been a very poor finisher.
You will be a lot better set for GW18 though (Mbeumo blanks and Darwin has Arsenal while Watkins has SHU and Palmer has Wolves).
Gametime will be hard to predict going forward, and we might see some rotation on several of the template players the the next few weeks.
I have that move in place but I can wait for two GWs as Watkins is playing City and Arsenal. But to be fair City are without Rodri so it's not the worst shout. Good idea to prepone the move that I need to make anyway.

The other option is to do Lascelles and Stako to Dubravka and Bell and keep Mbuemo for another couple of weeks.

Depends which move should I do first.

Chipper

Adulterer.
When are we likely to hear about this potential City and Brentford double GW? Week 20 has been talked about for a long time and it's only a month away now with no announcement yet.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
When are we likely to hear about this potential City and Brentford double GW? Week 20 has been talked about for a long time and it's only a month away now with no announcement yet.
If it's going to happen then by the end of this week according to the man who makes the plans.

He also said if it's not then it'll likely be in 21/24/25.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If it's going to happen then by the end of this week according to the man who makes the plans.

He also said if it's not then it'll likely be in 21/24/25.
Cheers for that, I don't know who the man who makes the plans is but he sounds important!

Got it into my head that I want Bernardo Silva for the double. Don't know if he was a victim of Pep roulette earlier in the season or if he had injuries? 7 x 90 minute appearances on the bounce now for 34 points at just under 5 a game. It's not spectacular but very solid for a 3% owned mid at 6.4m.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The more I think about it, the more certain I'm becoming of my plan:

Current team:

Raya
Tsimikas, Saliba, Estu
Saka, Salah, Mbeumo, Son, Gordon
Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Areola, Branthwaite, Kabore, Archer

GW15: Estu to Porro
GW16: roll transfer
GW17: Raya & Mbeumo to Dubravka & Palmer
GW18: Alvarez to Twatkins

£1.3m (approx) left in the bank.

The I have to start thinking about DGW20 if that happens as well as AFCON.

If DGW20 is announced, then it's Salah to Mbeumo and in GW21 I still have two free transfers to get rid of Son and Mbeumo.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
My god the forward thinking in here is wild. Does no one just make their changes 5 minutes before the gameweek deadline based on intuition anymore

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
My god the forward thinking in here is wild. Does no one just make their changes 5 minutes before the gameweek deadline based on intuition anymore
This is how I ended up with Digne in my team :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Red arrow on 52.

Made 2 mistakes.

1. Had Charlie Taylor in for Hee Chan, then swapped it out last minute. Loss of 9 extra points. Cash coming on for 15 minutes also ruined a secondary chance for Taylor to come in :(
2. Thought Watkins was out, Brought in Darwin.... Whoops.

Hungover after Christmas party at work - should have just left Fantasy league as is

Already done an early transfer too - Cash out and Porro in