Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Gawge

Bit of a loss at what to do.

I feel like I'm just treading water until I Wildcard next week (or the GW after).

I have fires to fight GK (Johnstone and Turner), Schar, Gordon, Nunez but... taking any hits seems silly the week before a wildcard.

There feels like too much uncertainty to Wildcard this week, with Haaland unknown. Also a big benefit should be instantly spreading Salah/Son costs rather than booking transfers.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Bit of a loss at what to do.

I feel like I'm just treading water until I Wildcard next week (or the GW after).

I have fires to fight GK (Johnstone and Turner), Schar, Gordon, Nunez but... taking any hits seems silly the week before a wildcard.

There feels like too much uncertainty to Wildcard this week, with Haaland unknown. Also a big benefit should be instantly spreading Salah/Son costs rather than booking transfers.
Big balls move is to wildcard them all out and leave the money in the bank for Haaland when he's fit. That's soomething that @Dirty Schwein might do.

Moby

Dick
If I'm keeping the Haaland money needs to be someone £4.7m or less. Was thinking a Villa defender (Konsa) or that Tosin dude from Fulham who have a decent run. I guess I should consider Chelsea as well but I'm wary of Chelsea both for shitness and rotation.

Will wait and see if Gordon is pictured in training tomorrow though. Not adverse to moving on from him as Newcastle have Liverpool (A), City (H), Villa (A) in a row coming up which is about as bad as it gets.
Might as well keep Tsimi over those options, he gets bonus and takes set pieces, can get something in one of the games.

For me I can get Haaland for Darwin by doing Tsimi to fodder which was my initial plan. But now I am tempted to just bin Darwin for Solanke (or Nkunku?) now and directly do Salah to Haaland in 20. But other than that since I already have Trips and Porro, and an Arsenal defender, I don't see many options in defense apart from Trent, and his fixtures are a bit dodgy (although he looks hot right now and can smash in a few goals/assists).

If Gordon is a big issue then I'd think of directly jumping in Rich now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Might as well keep Tsimi over those options, he gets bonus and takes set pieces, can get something in one of the games.

For me I can get Haaland for Darwin by doing Tsimi to fodder which was my initial plan. But now I am tempted to just bin Darwin for Solanke (or Nkunku?) now and directly do Salah to Haaland in 20. But other than that since I already have Trips and Porro, and an Arsenal defender, I don't see many options in defense apart from Trent, and his fixtures are a bit dodgy (although he looks hot right now and can smash in a few goals/assists).

If Gordon is a big issue then I'd think of directly jumping in Rich now.
You means Solanke back out for Haaland when you downgrade Salah?

I don't want to go for Rich just yet. Everton isn't easy now but he's probably going to be one of the two who do come in for Salah and Son. Other will be Bowen or Ode I think. Also now I've seen the yeti kicking a ball there's obviously a chance he comes straight back in GW19 so I need to keep the money to do the upgrade from Alvarez.

Yeah defender transfer is not particularly exciting which is why if I don't see/hear anything positive about Gordon tomorrow I fancy that Bailey punt instead. Him, Luiz, McGinn all same price range. Very good fixtures for a long time as well. Only worry is his minutes. Not so with the other two but Bailey is the spicy pick let's face it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I could just bring in Solanke for Alvarez mind. Same price. Feels even more boring though and looks like I'm copying our ml leader. Bonus is I won't have to play Archer.

RedDevil@84

Forgot about Iwobi as well.

Points and (Minutes) over the last 5 …

Andreas - 2 (75) / 2 (61) / 15 (90) / 6 (90) / 2 (60)
Willian - 15 (90) / 1 (28) / 6 (62) / 6 (45) / 0 (0)
Iwobi - 9 (90) / 2 (74) / 14 (75) / 6 (78) / 2 (76)
Cheers. I may take a punt on one of them or I could take Bailey and ruin your prospects of getting any points from him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How is the GW still open 24h before the deadline ffs. Just make a decision and get on with it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I was being a cnut and put Porro on bench and started Branthwaite knowing it will auto sub... So still waiting for the auto sub :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Who had him then? Who’s your auto sub, their score, did you take a hit and where are you on the “I hate FPL“ anger chart (1-100)?
Didn't have him. Don't care. Rival is getting Lascelles with 6 anyway although he's moaning about the lost 3 bps and threatening to void the league if that's the amount he loses by at the end of the season :lol:

RedDevil@84

Who had him then? Who’s your auto sub, their score, did you take a hit and where are you on the “I hate FPL“ anger chart (1-100)?
Archer coming with 2 points. Was 2 pts away from my ML leader. Now 6 pts. 5 pts away from the third position guy now.
Not sure if I should call Haaland to Solanke a wasted FT, especially if Haaland is gonna be back pretty soon.

Edit: When do we need to sell Salah? After GW20?

Bristol_Red_87

First and foremost, not important in comparison to the reason behind the abandonment.

There was no easy decision but I do feel the fact its going to be rescheduled later in the season means its incredibly harsh to void the points.

It was a toss up for me to bring in Solanke or Watkins in 17 and vice versa in 18.

No hits, but a drop down to Archer for 2pts (whereas others got more fortunate with Chelsea or Newcastle defence for example) is again a bitter pill to swallow!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They should’ve left the points on the board and replayed the match at a later date with the scoreline starting at 1-1.
It was never going to be that way in a league match if both teams are happy to play again. The PL have wiped the goals from records and it's only correct FPL do it too.

There's no solution here that will make everyone happy but as someone who isn't affected in any way (my rival has Gabriel coming on) I think they did the right thing despite how unfortunate it is.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Lost 5 points with Mubama (1) coming in for Solake (6). Frustrating as I'd saved my transfer the week previously to get him and Porro for that game week however like said in this thread already it's very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Looks like I'll be out the top 50k :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How anyone thought points could count for a voided game I do not know.

The arguments over 6 points have been epic, especially as most would have a 1-2 pointer on the bench at least .

Saw some dastard getting 14 in for Palmer 1st sub!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Archer coming with 2 points. Was 2 pts away from my ML leader. Now 6 pts. 5 pts away from the third position guy now.
Not sure if I should call Haaland to Solanke a wasted FT, especially if Haaland is gonna be back pretty soon.

Edit: When do we need to sell Salah? After GW20?
Will keep him until he goes… can’t see Klopp resting him (just to help Egypt).
Tsimikas and Gomez start tonight. That's no help.
Tsimikas did get subbed mid second half, so hopefully good for the weekend.