Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah I'm 50/50 on switching to him myself. Trouble is every time I do that last minute change it goes tits up. I've been on Salah ever since I transferred him in. What you doing?
Drafting a WC and seeing how it compares to current team.

Not pressed button yet but don’t like the look of my current team… 3-4 players I don’t want g/fwd and a few I think are important.

A few on social media seem to be waiting until 34/35 but Ive never seen the point of using so late personally. This year might be slightly different as a couple of late DGWs but they’re not that attractive to me… Liverpool and Arsenal in 34 (use tfrs between now and then), then a couple of teams in 37 but I’d likely have key players from the best doubler teams anyway

80/20 WCing. Partly because I’m bored and this season sucks

Will decide on captaincy then.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Not pressed button yet but don’t like the look of my current team… 3-4 players I don’t want g/fwd and a few I think are important.

A few on social media seem to be waiting until 34/35 but Ive never seen the point of using so late personally. This year might be slightly different as a couple of late DGWs but they’re not that attractive to me… Liverpool and Arsenal in 34 (use tfrs between now and then), then a couple of teams in 37 but I’d likely have key players from the best doubler teams anyway

Definitely agree about the late wildcard. I don't think I've ever used one that late. Bench boost is a shit chip as well in all honesty. You kid yourself about having some scrub defenders on the bench who end up scoring feck all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The closer you can use your wildcard to a BB helps though. If we WC this week, and need to hold on 4 game weeks for the BB, it just screams of things happening in between.
Yes there are a few free transfers in between though.

The late doubles will be prone to rotation whereas week 34 might not, and at least week 31 is in a few days so that's 2 weeks very quickly up.

Long story short - what's your WC looking like, and when's BB kicking in?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not sure whether to WC or not.

I still have FH and BBC and obviously the WC.
Brought in Salah as my free transfer

Neto/Areola

Gabriel/Doughty/Reguilon/Pinnock/Coufal

Salah Maddison Son Foden Palmer

Morris Watkins Solanke

Defence is whack, midfield more or less perfect.

Pickle85

Neto/Areola

Morris Watkins Solanke

:nervous:

RedMist99

Neto/Areola

Morris Watkins Solanke

Very similar team to mine and I'm in the same chip situation. I'm holding fire for now while the team looks good and seeing if a more favourable opportunity arises

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Been biding my time on the WC but had to do it.

The City/Ars game is a pain and so I'm really almost set on going Haaland-less for 1 GW to keep Watkins for his first of three good fixtures.

With my FH gone, I'm targeting 35 for BB and a couple of doubles there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Going Haaland-less for now on my WC as I would not captain him for any of the upcoming 3 weeks, will then have to bring him for Luton somehow. Besides I am chasing three different mini leagues so feels counter productive to go with the same team that everyone else already has.

Raya Pickford
VVD Dalot Gabriel Gusto Branthwaite
Salah Son Saka Palmer Garnacho
Watkins Darwin Solanke

CM

Wildcard deployed. Few gambles but looks solid from what I can see to manage the remaining 8 game weeks including blanks and doubles.

Onana Raya
Gabriel Porro Dalot Bradley Gusto
Salah Son Richarlison Palmer Garnacho
Haaland Darwin Jackson
Jackson has to get through 5 matches without a booking otherwise he gets a 2 game ban

Chipper

Adulterer.
Head's fried, haven't been keeping up with double GW news and it all seems overwhelming at this point.

Still got TAA :lol: , I know I'm binning him off then making a switch in midfield for a -4 hit to bring in one of Son or Salah, with the other following at some point but which one and which defender to bring in for TAA I do not know!

Edit: I remember I was toying with Trent > Van Hecke to free up considerable funds for the midfield at one point a few weeks back. Might just stick with that, but there's no way I can start Van Hecke this week and with the duo of Gabriel and Saliba in my squad this weekend's fixtures aren't ideal.

Now I've just seen Spurs are blanking in GW34 - if I want Son I guess it needs to be done soon, or wait until GW35.

Edit:

Feck it, locked this in - don't see myself returning to Haaland for the rest of the season now. Just tweaks elsewhere, with Gabriel/Saliba locked in to start every week after this one I think and emphasis on trying to max out that midfield. Gamble time!

Neto
Saliba Doughty Brathwaite
Foden Saka Palmer Salah (C)
Toney Solanke Watkins (VC)

Areola, Douglas Luiz, Gabriel, Van Hecke

Last edited:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Back line is Ben White, Doughty, Dalot, Ake

Not a fan especially with City v Arsenal this week. Already done Salah > KDB. Worth taking Bradley in for one of the defenders for a hit?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back line is Ben White, Doughty, Dalot, Ake

Not a fan especially with City v Arsenal this week. Already done Salah > KDB. Worth taking Bradley in for one of the defenders for a hit?
Assume you're using the > for the literal "greater than" meaning here.
When Most use > as being the direction of the transfer...
Can't believe you've actually moved Salah to KDB?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wildcard deployed. Few gambles but looks solid from what I can see to manage the remaining 8 game weeks including blanks and doubles.

Onana Raya
Gabriel Porro Dalot Bradley Gusto
Salah Son Richarlison Palmer Garnacho
Haaland Darwin Jackson
I imagine you have your FH still? As otherwise 3 Chelsea and 3 Tottenham for week 34 wouldn't work.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is anyone else toying with a Palmer captaincy over Son and Salah?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Forgot to make my transfers until it was too late. Perfect. I'm so happy. F úck my fúcking life.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Logged on to change captain from Salah to Son but forgot there's an early game. Well... could be worse.

CM

Kelleher Onana
Gusto Lascelles Branthwaite Gabriel Ait-Nouri
Saka Salah Palmer Son Gordon
Solanke Watkins Darwin

Wildcarded into this. Don't feel good about binning off Van Dijk but don't see another way around it if I want to bring Haaland back next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Logged on to change captain from Salah to Son but forgot there's an early game. Well... could be worse.
I made a change 11.59.
Also tried to make a bench change even later but the server timed me out.

Will see how these pan out later.

Spark

Omg don’t own Salah.

Will need to bang him in a bet builder to hedge. (Will still lose probably).

saivet

Didn't think I'd be here but regretting taking out Bowen for Salah...

Happy I at least switched Martinez to start ahead of Areola (Martinez is now due to concede a bunch and then get sent off)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
My entire FH team with Kudus, Bowen last week: 19 points
Kudus, Bowen 50 mins into this week: 23 points