Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Moby

Dick
It'll be tricky for those who played their WC and FH already to navigate 34 and 37 perfectly. With Chelsea ande Spurs most likely doubling twice from 35-37 and not in 34 while Liverpool and Arsenal most likely double in 34, but not in 37. Newcastle and Man United 100% double in 37 though, and we will most likely play SHU at home in 34....it's going to be huge differentials within the "big teams" for the rest of the seasons. If you plan to deadend into 34 and WC in 35-37 you'll also be in a great position.
Possible to make huge climbs up the ladders.
Yeah exactly, that's the plan. The remaining chunk has to be divided into 30-34 and 35-38 and most likely I should have two distinct squads for those two periods. So WC35 makes sense. My squad is good for the current GWs till 34 anyway and I have easy routes to Salah, Darwin etc.

I know Man Utd play SHU in 34, but it's a DGW and most people will use their transfers/FH to get the doublers especially given it could be good teams like Arsenal and Liverpool. (We all have 2-3 Arsenal anyway). So I think there wouldn't be a lot of coverage for Man Utd in that GW barring an enabler like Garnacho. I was interested in Hojlund but the front three will likely be Darwin, Solanke and Haaland.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Can't be arsed to even think about the doubles at the moment. We'll know what they are soon enough so can plan then. 20 points ahead of second place in my ML with FH in hand. I suspect he'll wildcard this week anyway so at least I'll be able to predict his moves a lot easier and he won't know when I'm going to FH.

Bus team for 30

Neto
Zabba Gabriel Udogie
Palmer Salah Saka Son Maddison
Toney Watkins

Feel immediately safer with Palmer and Salah back in.

With Arsenal at home to Luton and Liverpool at home to Sheffield United in 31 there might be an argument to hold off on Haaland for even longer. Might prioritise a second Liverpool and Arsenal attacker instead.

Moby

Dick
I've grabbed multiple 18 pointers including a captained one from owning players when they play at the home of goalfests aka Bramall Lane. An on fire Muniz goes there this week and that gives me the ideal midfield of Saka, Palmer, Son, Salah and Foden. Very, very tempting.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
With the Gabriel injury and just my defence looking stinky and overpriced, I'm definitely WCing

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm doing a wildcard now. I know most are waiting for GW36 and then doing BB in GW37 but feck it, I am 40-50 points behind in every mini league I am in and it's time to take risks.

Going without Haaland as well as I don't see myself captaining him + he has not even been that consistent. This allows me to go full strength with the rest of team. For now my squad is:

Areola Dubravka
Robertson Udogie Walker Gabriel Branthwaite
Salah Son Saka Foden Palmer
Watkins Isak Solanke

Wanted Garnacho in there but no idea for whom. Also, not sure I want Walker, could replace him with someone else.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think Onana should be in my team, he's the top keeper on FPL and not expensive.

Mind you, none of the other big club keepers are up there. Leno is equal top and he's Fulham's keeper. I have him, so maybe I should just stick with him. My back up is Neto and he's top 5.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Genuinely don't know what to do with that now as someone with just FH and BB left. I think I'll wait and see what my rivals wildcard looks like before doing anything. I reckon he'll use it during this break.

Will probably be FH34 and BB37 but don't feel especially excited about either.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Genuinely don't know what to do with that now as someone with just FH and BB left. I think I'll wait and see what my rivals wildcard looks like before doing anything. I reckon he'll use it during this break.

Will probably be FH34 and BB37 but don't feel especially excited about either.
The moment Wolves fecked up in the FA Cup is the moment I knew I should have FH in GW29 (or navigated it with transfers). I basically feel like I wasted my WC.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The moment Wolves fecked up in the FA Cup is the moment I knew I should have FH in GW29 (or navigated it with transfers). I basically feel like I wasted my WC.
Yeah I know what you mean. Still with Wolves but I think the feck up for me was that Hwang transfer in 26. I was on Luiz or Bailey (who both hauled that week) if you remember and a plan to not use any chips until after GW29. Easy to say in hindsight but I should have stuck to that plan.

I guess the only small advantage I can see with the FH still is being able to hold Spurs and Chelsea through 34 and into their double double but people on wildcard can get them in GW35/36. Might be sensible to play the weeks as they are now. I don't fancy loads of hits to get a BB team out in 37 either with those fixtures.

Might regret not BB'ing in 28 as well.

suheilsworld

So when are we wildcarding? My squad needs major surgery but apprehensive to play the WC so soon. I think playing it in 33 with 34 and 37 in mind would be the wise decision

suheilsworld

Yeah I know what you mean. Still with Wolves but I think the feck up for me was that Hwang transfer in 26. I was on Luiz or Bailey (who both hauled that week) if you remember and a plan to not use any chips until after GW29. Easy to say in hindsight but I should have stuck to that plan.

I guess the only small advantage I can see with the FH still is being able to hold Spurs and Chelsea through 34 and into their double double but people on wildcard can get them in GW35/36. Might be sensible to play the weeks as they are now. I don't fancy loads of hits to get a BB team out in 37 either with those fixtures.

Might regret not BB'ing in 28 as well.
34 looks more sensible to BB than 37 for now. Although city and arsenal play just 3-4 days before in CL before start of GW34 … so there’ll be rotation for sure, esp pep

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
34 looks more sensible to BB than 37 for now. Although city and arsenal play just 3-4 days before in CL before start of GW34 … so there’ll be rotation for sure, esp pep
For people with a wildcard maybe. Even then if you wildcard before to maximise a BB in 34 then you've got the issue of no Spurs and maybe Chelsea before the double double they will have in 36 and 37.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It always looked risky, wildcarding the week before a 4 game reduced week featuring only a couple of teams you'd want a player from afterwards.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Template GW30 wildcard draft seems to be emerging as

Petrovic
Onana
Gusto
Gabriel
Udogie
Lascelles
Van Hecke
Saka
Salah
Son
Palmer
Garnacho
Haaland
Darwin
Isak

Quite happy if that's the case as I already own half of that squad and have a spare £2m in the bank to improve on it. Don't really rate Lascelles and Van Hecke as picks even though I now they're only there for BB in 37. Also happy to have Maddison over Garnacho at the moment.

Will be focusing on sorting out my strikers now so Darwin/Haaland/Isak are all on the radar currently. Watkins has the 2 toughest fixtures you can get sandwiched between 3 easy ones. Have to weigh up what I think he will score over the next 5 compared to the others. Isak will be injured again come GW37 but will definitely need some Newcastle attack for that run from 35 until the end of the season.

Last edited:

JP77

Wildcard played, felt like I had no choice really.

injuries to Doughtry, KDB, Walker, Neto etc. not serious apart from Neto but they all had to go, can’t be taking the risk at this stage in the season and I still have BB and TC to play in the final 8 weeks anyway.

currently after wildcard:

Dubravka (Areola)
Braithwaite, Lascelles, Richard’s, Bradley, Robinson
Palmer, Saka, Son, Salah, Gordon
Haaland, Watkins, Solanke

Accidentally took Gabriel out :lol: so he will likely go back in next week. Was really considering Haaland out to spread the money into the defence but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. On paper the defence isn’t great but some decent fixtures. Bradley probably needs to go with Trent back next week though.

ROFLUTION

This is the exciting part of the season where strategy and long term thinking meets luck. For me this is the best part of the season, so many factors and fixtures to consider.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad to see Doughty's yellow has gone as I've already got 2 injured defenders.

That helps.

What doesn't help is that my current starting back 3 of Gabriel, Maguire and Trippier are all flagged. As is Saka and KDB!

Am sure at least 3 of that 5 will start though. Possibly 4. With Trippier the miss.

Team is a bit of a mess with Hwang still in there. Luton gub Doughty still in there and Estu too.

Could wildcard, but never feels good doing that last min, and it's essential to marry the wildcard up with the bench boost, which will be used in week 35 I assume. So 5 weeks is a stretch to hold on for.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That helps.

What doesn't help is that my current starting back 3 of Gabriel, Maguire and Trippier are all flagged. As is Saka and KDB!

Am sure at least 3 of that 5 will start though. Possibly 4. With Trippier the miss.

Team is a bit of a mess with Hwang still in there. Luton gub Doughty still in there and Estu too.

Could wildcard, but never feels good doing that last min, and it's essential to marry the wildcard up with the bench boost, which will be used in week 35 I assume. So 5 weeks is a stretch to hold on for.
Jesus Christ. Never mind the bench boost how are you not wildcarding that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having humble bragged about a 77mile running week the other week, I've managed to pick a coughing bug up, so am on a more realistic 0 runs in 4 days run.

Therefore, watching Wycombe online, and have a pen and paper out to work out a last min wildcard team to try and fuse a great team across this last 9 weeks to incorporate a BB somewhere too!

saivet

WC going into 31, Bench Boost in 34 and Free Hit in 37 is my strategy.

Current team is:
Martinez
Udogie, Tosin, Dalot
Bowen, Son, Elanga, Palmer
Solanke, Watkins, Toney

Subs: Areola, Saka, Gabriel, Doughty

Thinking is to use my free transfer this week and get Bowen out for Salah

Sir Marcus

Neto
Doughty
Burn
Branthwaite
Saka
Salah C
Palmer
Foden
Haaland
Watkins
Solanke

Turner
Gabriel
Mengi
Chong

Is this team ok going into this week or would you guys be thinking of taking a hit and making changes?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Neto
Doughty
Burn
Branthwaite
Saka
Salah C
Palmer
Foden
Haaland
Watkins
Solanke

Turner
Gabriel
Mengi
Chong

Is this team ok going into this week or would you guys be thinking of taking a hit and making changes?
I'd say that's probably fine.
I've got the same front 3 and can't see a reason to change this week. Watkins does have a couple of difficult aways, but that's in the near future, and he's bound to spank us this week if we bin him.
Right captain, and a strong mid, plus playing defence.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right.

2 options for the below
1) Salah and Lascelles for KDB and Trippier for -4
2)Wildcard

If number 2, what priorities above the 2 i'd have brought in for option 1? Watkins feels a keep for this week, and a lose for next week.

Dubs Aerola
Trippier Gabriel Maguire Estu Doughty
KDB Saka Palmer Garnacho Hwang
Haaland Watkins Solanke

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Right.

2 options for the below
1) Salah and Lascelles for KDB and Trippier for -4
2)Wildcard

If number 2, what priorities above the 2 i'd have brought in for option 1? Watkins feels a keep for this week, and a lose for next week.

Dubs Aerola
Trippier Gabriel Maguire Estu Doughty
KDB Saka Palmer Garnacho Hwang
Haaland Watkins Solanke
Just do 1 and at least then you can think about it. Too late to wildcard now. Is Lascelles the best bet for a 1 week punt though or is that all you can afford?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just do 1 and at least then you can think about it. Too late to wildcard now. Is Lascelles the best bet for a 1 week punt though or is that all you can afford?
That's probably me more in wildcard mode, so you're right he won't be the best.

I have Trippier at 5.7, so to convert KDB to Salah I can get a 5.1m in.

suheilsworld

So I have

Dubravka (Kaminski)
Gabriel Udogie Gusto (Doughty, Ake)
KDB Bowen Bailey Son Saka
Muniz Watkins (Morris)

So I’m not playing WC this week and have players like Salah, Haaland, Palmer on my mind. I have cash and if I had to select 2 out of the 3, who would I take? I’m leaning on Salah and Palmer as I don’t have pool and chelsea attackers. Can I risk going without haaland for another week?