Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Palmer is fine. Udogie is out for the season. Gusto less sure about but looked like he was training away from the group and might not be ready for the weekend. I have the same 4 as well. Very annoying and a big advantage to wildcarders.
Thanks bro. Completely missed Udogie being out for the season! Yikes. There goes my "carefully" crafted plan for doubles this week, without taking a hit.

I brought Havertz in for Son this past GW, with the intent of reversing that sub for the DGW. Now i am thinking of keeping Havertz (I have Saka as well) and rather doing Salah to Son. Thoughts? It would also spare me some cash to strengthen my midfield again (get Foden in perhaps and/or someone like Porro at the back).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Thanks bro. Completely missed Udogie being out for the season! Yikes. There goes my "carefully" crafted plan for doubles this week, without taking a hit.

I brought Havertz in for Son this past GW, with the intent of reversing that sub for the DGW. Now i am thinking of keeping Havertz (I have Saka as well) and rather doing Salah to Son. Thoughts? It would also spare me some cash to strengthen my midfield again (get Foden in perhaps and/or someone like Porro at the back).
That sounds sensible yes. I think Havertz is a good hold and differential with Arsenal still pushing for the title.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Any news on the fitness of Udogie, Palmer & Gusto? Of course 3/4 of my doublers (Son being the other) which i've had most season would show signs of injury ahead of a DGW.
Palmer is fine. Udogie is out for the season. Gusto less sure about but looked like he was training away from the group and might not be ready for the weekend. I have the same 4 as well. Very annoying and a big advantage to wildcarders.
Same. That early WC really was a season-ending mistake.

To top it off, Neto that bumbaclut gets dropped so even more issues. I will hold him this week and hopefully he's sucked the manager off in the week and will get to play. Areola not being injured is at least a sliver of good news.

Pickle85

Is Haaland to ISAK worth a -4 this week? If he doesn't play, Hojlund comes in for me.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

To top it off, Neto that bumbaclut gets dropped so even more issues. I will hold him this week and hopefully he's sucked the manager off in the week and will get to play. Areola not being injured is at least a sliver of good news.
Infuriating yeah. Gets dropped and they keep a CS, ffs. Cost me a triple digit score this week (ended on 97 with only 10 playing as Haaland missed out).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I mean you say that but I'm still in the top 10k. :lol:

I do keep looking back on that Hwang week as the one for me because it pushed me down the wildcard 28 path when I was set to go through 29 with 8/9 players which was the best play in hindsight. I'd have probably wildcarded in 30/31 and got Isak's goals and not missed the Foden hatty in 31. Oh and I'd have had Baily or Douglas Luiz in that week instead of Hwang and they both hauled. :mad:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I mean you say that but I'm still in the top 10k. :lol:

I do keep looking back on that Hwang week as the one for me because it pushed me down the wildcard 28 path when I was set to go through 29 with 8/9 players which was the best play in hindsight. I'd have probably wildcarded in 30/31 and got Isak's goals and not missed the Foden hatty in 31. Oh and I'd have had Baily or Douglas Luiz in that week instead of Hwang and they both hauled. :mad:
Ahh yeah you're still doing ok. I'm about 100k now whereas at that point, I was 30k. But more importantly, it knocked me down in my race for my ML. I think I might just do Udogie to Van de Ven in the end as I feel Solanke can outscore Nicolass Jackshit in one game and I need differential picks at this point (although I know I'll bottle it and do it last minute anyway).

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore i made up good ground on the leader of my ML this week (+34 points). Thought season was over as he was circa 70 ahead of me but now i'm sort of back in it...there's money on the line as well.

I have 3 chips left (WC, TC and BB) and he has 2 (WC, BB). Plan my side was/is to play WC to plan for the DGW 37 and then do BB during that DGW as well.

Now obviously - i need to get rid of my TC chip. Thank goodness i didn't do Salah this past GW - and the best play is Palmer this week. Or even Son...fixtures for both aren't ideal/great though, but i really have no other choice. Thoughts here lads?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore i made up good ground on the leader of my ML this week (+34 points). Thought season was over as he was circa 70 ahead of me but now i'm sort of back in it...there's money on the line as well.

I have 3 chips left (WC, TC and BB) and he has 2 (WC, BB). Plan my side was/is to play WC to plan for the DGW 37 and then do BB during that DGW as well.

Now obviously - i need to get rid of my TC chip. Thank goodness i didn't do Salah this past GW - and the best play is Palmer this week. Or even Son...fixtures for both aren't ideal/great though, but i really have no other choice. Thoughts here lads?
You can either roll the dice this week and in that case, I would say Palmer (keep an eye on pressers)... or have fun and do it on GW38 where all sorts of shit can go down!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You can either roll the dice this week and in that case, I would say Palmer (keep an eye on pressers)... or have fun and do it on GW38 where all sorts of shit can go down!
Yeah, GW 38 has crossed my mind...especially if the title race goes down to the last day, you can bet on City/Arse going all out...:nervous:. Issue obviously comes in if the race was decided earlier...and no one has much to play for

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

So yeah you've got 2 choices really. Wildcard this week, BB in 37 and then TC in 36 or 38. I'd go 38 if doing this one as there will be team leaks I imagine. Can imagine a KDB haul in 38 for some reason.

Other route is TC this week on Palmer and Wildcard in 36 for BB 37. Advantage of this is you get an extra week more info on injuries etc.. for 37 and you get to use your TC chip on a DGW player.

Is your team in decent shape for this week?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So yeah you've got 2 choices really. Wildcard this week, BB in 37 and then TC in 36 or 38. I'd go 38 if doing this one as there will be team leaks I imagine. Can imagine a KDB haul in 38 for some reason.

Other route is TC this week on Palmer and Wildcard in 36 for BB 37. Advantage of this is you get an extra week more info on injuries etc.. for 37 and you get to use your TC chip on a DGW player.

Is your team in decent shape for this week?
Team in decent enough shape but have no Newcastle players and Gordon hauls have always disadvantaged me. Udogie and Gusto (possibly injured) have thrown me and I haven't really thought about the possibility of WC'ing this week...due to, as you mentioned, injuries generally stuffing up plans if you're not careful/or do it too early. So currently only DGW i have for this week are Palmer, Udogie & Gusto - and i need to get Son back in (initially was reversing the Havertz sub, but now contemplating life without Salah).

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore you both bring up valid points in terms of thinking about playing the wildcard this week. Looking at the fixtures now, leading up to the DGW 37...

I can possibly refocus on Spurs/Chelsea assets (with Udogie, Gusto doubts) whilst loading up enough City (only currently have Haaland), Toon (have none), Brighton (none currently) & United(only Garnacho) assets to BB in 37. Then i will have to do TC in 38.

ROFLUTION

Is Haaland to ISAK worth a -4 this week? If he doesn't play, Hojlund comes in for me.
I'd say no, but it's close to a 50/50 for me.

Wilson might be back, but it's hard to guess with Newcastle at home where they sometimes do hauls while Højlund has an easy opponent but little service.

But you might want Haaland back at some point, and then it becomes a -8 ... not worth it imo

Pickle85

I'd say no, but it's close to a 50/50 for me.

Wilson might be back, but it's hard to guess with Newcastle at home where they sometimes do hauls while Højlund has an easy opponent but little service.

But you might want Haaland back at some point, and then it becomes a -8 ... not worth it imo
Thanks buddy, I'm leaning this way too now. Thanks Caf FF hive mind!

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
With Udgie out for the season does that mean Davies lays as LB for the rest of season or is it Emerson, Which Spurs defender is a lock for the starting 11 as they have 2 DGW before season ends

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still have my bench boost. Do I use it this weekend with my team of:

Martinez
Van Dijk - Gabriel - Branthwaite
Eze - Salah - Palmer (x2 games) - Saka
Watkins - Darwin - Cunha

Leno - Gordon - Van De Ven (x2 games) - Ruben Dias

Or do I save it for GW37 when Brighton, Chelsea, City, Utd, Newcastle and Spurs have DGWs?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Martinez
Watkins - Darwin - Cunha

Or do I save it for GW37 when Brighton, Chelsea, City, Utd, Newcastle and Spurs have DGWs?
I would personally save it. Bigger potential returns.

Pickle85

Martinez
Watkins - Darwin - Cunha

I'd hang on to it for now.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Pickford
White Gabriel Dalot
KdB Son Palmer Bruno Saka
Muniz Ishak

Bench: Darwin, Gusto, Branthwaite

Not really sure who to bench, but after a large haul from an everton double (GK and CB) last week, i feel like its risky doing that again.

Also, not confident at all starting darwin, especially without knowing who to bench from midfield.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Martinez
Watkins - Darwin - Cunha

Eze is injured apparently.

suheilsworld

Should I fall for the double trap of getting Jackson for haaland or go for in form mateta. I have Isak and Watkins as my other two strikers. On a WC here

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should I fall for the double trap of getting Jackson for haaland or go for in form mateta. I have Isak and Watkins as my other two strikers. On a WC here
Jackson has had a horror time in front of goal bit that 2 game potential is seducing. Especially as Richarlison isn't really a valid alternative.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What do we think @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Dirty Schwein @Cutch @Amir @Rightnr @everyoneelse

Haaland, Muniz and Gusto, out for -4 for
Jackson Isak and Porro.

Would just need to work out which of the front 8 to leave out..possibly Saka!?
Could transfer Solanke out instead of Muniz, who is an easier bench, and leaves more funds for steps later on...but this would still leave about 2.5m in the bank

PETROVIC
PORRO Gabs White
SON PALMER (C) Saka Garnacho Salah
JACKSON Isak Solanke

Rauður Djöfull

Doing a wildcard
currently on this team with gw 37 in mind as well (bench boosting there)

Ederson - Petrovic
Dalot - Gvardiol - Burn - Gabriel - Van Hecke
Foden - Bruno F - Palmer - Gordon - Son
Isak - Watkins - Højlund

got 3,6 mil left so after this gw I can do two transfers before double gw 37

any thoughts?

I'm not sure on skipping Haaland and don't have money for him unless I dump one city player + son and a striker for him so that is three transfers where I only got two
also unsure about Son, he is expensive, would rather Richarlison if he is fit for example

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What do we think @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Dirty Schwein @Cutch @Amir @Rightnr @everyoneelse

Jackson Isak and Porro.

Could transfer Solanke out instead of Muniz, who is an easier bench, and leaves more funds for steps later on...but this would still leave about 2.5m in the bank

PETROVIC
PORRO Gabs White
JACKSON Isak Solanke
Is Gusto fit again? Thought out?

Not a fan of the Jackson move, partly because their double is quite hard but mainly because he’s absolutely sh!t… makes Nunez look decent.

Go Alvarez or go Mr Billy Big Cajones and do Hojlund

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Jackson Isak and Porro.

PETROVIC
PORRO Gabs White
JACKSON Isak Solanke
Gusto might be injured. Sell Muniz, he's been useless.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Jackson Isak and Porro.

PETROVIC
PORRO Gabs White
JACKSON Isak Solanke
Yeah sure why not. Salah your route back to Haaland in 37? No City players there at all is a bit odd seeing as they need to win every game most likely.