Books Fantasy Reads

Revan

Assumptionman
Did you really think Tower Lord is a 7/10? Meaning almost as good as the first one which you gave a 8/10 (a rating I'd agree with).
I thought the first one was a lot better. For reasons read my old post below.
Yes, as I said I really liked the second book. It is totaly different from the first one, but still a very good book IMO.
Answering to your post that was in spoilers.

I liked Frentis chapters, I liked his 'wife'. Thought that she was a perfect antagonist.

Reeva is a female carbon copy of Vaelin, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

Lyrna's chapters were great IMO. It also helps that I like her (on both books).

Vaelin didn't abandon anything IMO. He was still willing to fight the Ally. He doesn't feel the same for the Order, because he knows the truth but he still has loyalties to his people. Also, he wasn't ever happy to kill. But he did that when he needed.

Agree, but that is for most of these kind of books.

Completely disagree. The Ally plot developed significantly. Now we know that there are three Ally's agends ruled by a supreme being. What we though was the Ally on the first book, it was only their second most powerful agent. We also learned who was the Aspect of the seventh Order. I also loved the parts with that evil Empire, who actually make the Empire of the first book look like puppets.

Kallech33

My happy place. Where I kill more than time.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I do want to start the WOT series just because it's seen as a must for fantasy readers, but the size of the series scares me.

Revan

Assumptionman
I do want to start the WOT series just because it's seen as a must for fantasy readers, but the size of the series scares me.
You start and then you get hooked on it which makes you not care that you have to read just another 10 books to finish it.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
You start and then you get hooked on it which makes you not care that you have to read just another 10 books to finish it.
That's true. I wasn't too keen on ASOIAF, started the first book and found it tough to get through because of the number of character names to keep track of, got to the ending chapters with Ned and Dany and immediately ordered the entire series and preordered ADoD.

Will give it a shot during end of year holidays. Unfortunately haven't had time to start a new series.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's true. I wasn't too keen on ASOIAF, started the first book and found it tough to get through because of the number of character names to keep track of, got to the ending chapters with Ned and Dany and immediately ordered the entire series and preordered ADoD.

Will give it a shot during end of year holidays. Unfortunately haven't had time to start a new series.
Wheel of Time is a more easy reading than ASOIAF. Similar to ASOIAF, there are a lot of characters, but on the other hand, story goes a bit faster and there is much more action (compared to ASOIAF which has more politics). Really great though.

Whiteside1985

Not many mentions of Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant Chronicles on this thread. The first two series are excellent, I wasn't as sure about the third and final one.

Also, if you don't mind some frantic genre-jumping, Stephen King's Dark Tower series is a favourite of mine (and some has been turned into excellent comics, too).

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not many mentions of Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant Chronicles on this thread. The first two series are excellent, I wasn't as sure about the third and final one.

Also, if you don't mind some frantic genre-jumping, Stephen King's Dark Tower series is a favourite of mine (and some has been turned into excellent comics, too).
I enjoyed the first few Coveant books, but that series really turned into a drag towards the end and I stopped reading them eventually.

Bebe

But I could read like 5 other series instead

Are they that good?
Yes.

Everybody is saying that the series becomes bad until Sanderson arrives. However, I am liking the sixth book so far (26%).
Good to hear you started them and glad you seem to be enjoying. The ending of Lord of Chaos is one of the best scenes in the entire series, get excited!

Personally I don't lump A Crown of Swords in as one of the "bad" WOT books, I'd limit it from 8-10/11. Also, Winter's Heart is pretty good imo and has another wonderful climax. They aren't as bad as people say, though I haven't read A Path of Daggers for years so maybe I've forgotten how bad it is. They certainly not great, but you seem to be literally consuming the series. You'll see them as an inconvenient speedbump at worst.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'm sure you told me not to read them Bebe, despite being a big fan.

bishblaize

I loved the first one, but the second one I found pretty tough going. That whole weather cycle thing just didn't do it for me.

Besides Donaldson puts his character through the mill too much. Its like he has to completely break them before they can finally win. There's only so many times you read about the main character facing yet another bloody set back.

Then again, compared his Gap Series its like reading The Hobbit.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Wheel of Time is a more easy reading than ASOIAF. Similar to ASOIAF, there are a lot of characters, but on the other hand, story goes a bit faster and there is much more action (compared to ASOIAF which has more politics). Really great though.
If Jordan had skipped just 50% of the braid tugging and skirt smoothing the series might have been 2 books shorter.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes.

Good to hear you started them and glad you seem to be enjoying. The ending of Lord of Chaos is one of the best scenes in the entire series, get excited!

Personally I don't lump A Crown of Swords in as one of the "bad" WOT books, I'd limit it from 8-10/11. Also, Winter's Heart is pretty good imo and has another wonderful climax. They aren't as bad as people say, though I haven't read A Path of Daggers for years so maybe I've forgotten how bad it is. They certainly not great, but you seem to be literally consuming the series. You'll see them as an inconvenient speedbump at worst.
Lord of Chaos is decent so far (80 percent). The politics is written really poor, but otherwise is fine. Will make a review when I finish it.

@Kristjan, he may have saved hundreds of pages if he wasn't so determined to mention character's height every time he mentions them. Literally he has mentioned hundred of times how tall Aiel are. Then obviously how tall Rand is, how short are Egwene and Moiraine, how Faile's dad is shorter than Aiel women and a head shorter than his wife etc. How on earth didn't RJ' editor (his wife) tell him about that.

Bebe

I'm sure you told me not to read them Bebe, despite being a big fan.
I think I'd also say don't bother regarding the Wheel of Time.

...Well no actually I'd say read it, because its brilliant especially if you're a fan of the genre.

But it is such a significant commitment that unless you will actually be able to read at a consistent pace, then don't bother..

I
suppose I did in a fashion, didn't I? I still stand by this to be honest. If you're somebody who is regularly going to be reading a book anyways, and are a fan of fantasy, WOT is incredible. But there are enough people out there who simply won't have the patience or commitment to read them at a decent pace. Similar to ASOIAF I feel where if you left off midway through a book or the series, then tried to revisit it months later, you might have forgotten key details. Of course this is no problem for @Revan since he seems to be attempting to set some sort of record. You are obviously a genre fan to a far greater extent than me, so I think you'd probably enjoy WOT. I think in the post I had responded to, you'd made a comment about having other commitments that would keep you from reading regularly.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yeah. WoT is NOT for the casual reader. I read at a fairly decent pace but it's something of a struggle to figure out what character Jordan is actually talking about at times. There's a character in the 4th book with a PoV who was briefly appeared in the prologues of books 2 and 3. Jordan would have been better of doing what George Martin did and naming his chapters after the characters. As it is it's a nightmare at times.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lord of Chaos. Not bad at all:

The book is a bit slower than other books but still very enjoyable. Perrin returns which is awesome. Lan makes a 5 second appearance. Mat becomes stupid again. And obviously no Moiraine :(

The two defining moments of the book are Egwene becoming the reber Amyrlin Seat and the ending. Like most of fantasy authors, Robert Jordan doesn't have a clue how to write politics. Egwene becoming AS was written poor on my opinion. The effect is there, but still just compare that to Jon Snow becoming Lord Commander of the Wall in ASOIAF - both from very similar positions (young, unexperienced and pretty much manipulated their way to the positions in order to not put there more experienced and strong willed people - and the difference is staggering. Before that happens, it must be said that Rand-Egwene relations were degrading very fastly with neither of them trusting the other.

The ending on the other side was fantastic. Rand got schooled by Gallina (the sister who leads the mission from White Tower) and so was imprisoned (together with Min). A rescue takes place, lead by Perrin and Rhuarc and joined by nine rebel sisters. At the heat of the battle, Rand somehow manages to break his shield and still 3 Aes Sedai on the process and then joins the battle stilling/defeating the other Aes Sedai. However, the battle was pretty much won by Mazrim Taim and his Asha'man who came to save Rand and pretty much single handed defeat the 40thousand bad Aiel and encapture most of the Aes Sedai.

On other news, Elayne and Nynaeve continue doing things that no-one gives a shit.

Rating: 7 out of 10

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Yeah. WoT is NOT for the casual reader. I read at a fairly decent pace but it's something of a struggle to figure out what character Jordan is actually talking about at times. There's a character in the 4th book with a PoV who was briefly appeared in the prologues of books 2 and 3. Jordan would have been better of doing what George Martin did and naming his chapters after the characters. As it is it's a nightmare at times.
WoT is pure vanilla compared to Malazan. I spent chapters reading blind before the authors perspective comes forth. And the books refers to standalone novels in between makes it far more complex than WoT.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Lord of Chaos. Not bad at all:

The book is a bit slower than other books but still very enjoyable. Perrin returns which is awesome. Lan makes a 5 second appearance. Mat becomes stupid again. And obviously no Moiraine :(

The two defining moments of the book are Egwene becoming the reber Amyrlin Seat and the ending. Like most of fantasy authors, Robert Jordan doesn't have a clue how to write politics. Egwene becoming AS was written poor on my opinion. The effect is there, but still just compare that to Jon Snow becoming Lord Commander of the Wall in ASOIAF - both from very similar positions (young, unexperienced and pretty much manipulated their way to the positions in order to not put there more experienced and strong willed people - and the difference is staggering. Before that happens, it must be said that Rand-Egwene relations were degrading very fastly with neither of them trusting the other.

The ending on the other side was fantastic. Rand got schooled by Gallina (the sister who leads the mission from White Tower) and so was imprisoned (together with Min). A rescue takes place, lead by Perrin and Rhuarc and joined by nine rebel sisters. At the heat of the battle, Rand somehow manages to break his shield and still 3 Aes Sedai on the process and then joins the battle stilling/defeating the other Aes Sedai. However, the battle was pretty much won by Mazrim Taim and his Asha'man who came to save Rand and pretty much single handed defeat the 40thousand bad Aiel and encapture most of the Aes Sedai.

On other news, Elayne and Nynaeve continue doing things that no-one gives a shit.

Rating: 7 out of 10
Tbf, I think books 5-10 could have been combined into 2 books. That's all the story progress in holistically.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
WoT is pure vanilla compared to Malazan. I spent chapters reading blind before the authors perspective comes forth. And the books refers to standalone novels in between makes it far more complex than WoT.
That's next on my list. Do you recommend any order for reading the Malazan books?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
That's next on my list. Do you recommend any order for reading the Malazan books?
I had a link somewhere. Can't access in office. Let me check when I get back home.

Stats off with GotM. The third book is the sequel of the first. The second starts a new storyline which is continued in 4th. After that both stories start to mix. Then you interject with Esselmont's standalone novels and the confusion is complete. It is also written in a style where the action happens first and explanations are provided later.

But Gardens of the Moon is the best of the lot. True classic and is worth a read even as a stand alone. Don't miss it.

Revan

Assumptionman
Tbf, I think books 5-10 could have been combined into 2 books. That's all the story progress in holistically.
Not really. Fifth book is the best in the series so far IMO, and on the sixth book happen a lot of events. Both of them needed to be seperate books.

However, if the legend is true than the books 7-10/11 could have been merged. Just read the prologue of the seventh book, which was pretty much the ending of the sixth book from different perspectives. Also Elaida. Arguably the most ignorant 'powerful' character ever written.

I am planning to read the Black Company before it. Apparently it is a more easy reading and one of the Malazan Book references it (it is dedicated to it).

Searching on the forums, I read that you should read them in the order of publishing. While also skipping the Esselmont five standalone novels who apparently aren't that good. Similar to Wheel of Time, it looks that the saga loses it's way.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I tried starting Malazan, was 5-6 chapters in couldn't make head or tail of it. From what i recollect
The guy who I thought was the central character is killed and then gets resurrected - think a coin toss (or was it a spinning coin) is involved
Gave up after thought. And though I want to get into it again - I think I have been subconsciously avoiding it.

Probably during the Diwali vacations.

Outremangeur

there are two different ways to read it.

First: They way they have been published 1-10 and then afterwards the 5? books by esslemont.

Second: In line with the (sometimes a little bit botched up - but not really important) timeline.
that can be found here: http://thewertzone.blogspot.co.at/2012/12/updated-malazan-reading-order-and-map.html

I just re-read the entire thing and it just gets better. Incredibly complex and must have been thought through from start to finish when the first book was written...

With the second reading i also found a forum where the books and theories are being discussed...this made it even more enjoyable.
I read a book and then checked the discussions in the respective book threads.
Incredible what you miss!
This is a link to the forum: http://forum.malazanempire.com/

Outremangeur

Not really. Fifth book is the best in the series so far IMO, and on the sixth book happen a lot of events. Both of them needed to be seperate books.

However, if the legend is true than the books 7-10/11 could have been merged. Just read the prologue of the seventh book, which was pretty much the ending of the sixth book from different perspectives. Also Elaida. Arguably the most ignorant 'powerful' character ever written.

I am planning to read the Black Company before it. Apparently it is a more easy reading and one of the Malazan Book references it (it is dedicated to it).

Searching on the forums, I read that you should read them in the order of publishing. While also skipping the Esselmont five standalone novels who apparently aren't that good. Similar to Wheel of Time, it looks that the saga loses it's way.
I enjoyed reading the esslemont books afterwards. They clear up a lot of things.

After reading the malazan books for a second time i am inclined to change my opinion and say that they are better than the black company.

Book 10 - The crippled god - is absolutely fantastic. I also enjoyed book 7 and 8 which got mixed reviews.
They are different though. Less action in a way.

Some of the characters are maybe the best ever written. Kruppe, Tehol, Buggs, and of course Quick Ben, Fiddler, Kalam...Fantastic!

Outremangeur

I tried starting Malazan, was 5-6 chapters in couldn't make head or tail of it. From what i recollect
The guy who I thought was the central character is killed and then gets resurrected - think a coin toss (or was it a spinning coin) is involved
Gave up after thought. And though I want to get into it again - I think I have been subconsciously avoiding it.

Probably during the Diwali vacations.
Its incredibly complex! The first book is just the start...

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

I've only read the first 3 chapters of the 5th book (WoT) but it's amazing so far. Superb prologue.

It's basically a choice between Mistborn, Black Company and Malazan. Or a re-read of ASOIAF if the publishing date for WoW is announced any time soon.

Wait. Malazan references a book in the Black Company? That sounds a bit bizarre.

there are two different ways to read it.

First: They way they have been published 1-10 and then afterwards the 5? books by esslemont.

Second: In line with the (sometimes a little bit botched up - but not really important) timeline.
that can be found here: http://thewertzone.blogspot.co.at/2012/12/updated-malazan-reading-order-and-map.html

I just re-read the entire thing and it just gets better. Incredibly complex and must have been thought through from start to finish when the first book was written...

With the second reading i also found a forum where the books and theories are being discussed...this made it even more enjoyable.
I read a book and then checked the discussions in the respective book threads.
Incredible what you miss!
This is a link to the forum: http://forum.malazanempire.com/
Sounds good!

The only doubt I have is whether I will be up to reading another huge series just after I've finished WoT which is pretty fecking big.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Its incredibly complex! The first book is just the start...
While I was reading the Gardens of the Moon, the nagging feeling at the back of my head was that there has to be a book before that. I mean it seemed that a whole lot of information was missing. Hopefully, this time round I am able to finish the book.

Outremangeur

While I was reading the Gardens of the Moon, the nagging feeling at the back of my head was that there has to be a book before that. I mean it seemed that a whole lot of information was missing. Hopefully, this time round I am able to finish the book.
Yeah...I remember having the same feeling and checking if I really started with the correct book.

But its fair to say that (almost) everything is coming together and making sense in the end.

Revan

Assumptionman
I've only read the first 3 chapters of the 5th book (WoT) but it's amazing so far. Superb prologue.

It's basically a choice between Mistborn, Black Company and Malazan. Or a re-read of ASOIAF if the publishing date for WoW is announced any time soon.

Wait. Malazan references a book in the Black Company? That sounds a bit bizarre.

Sounds good!

The only doubt I have is whether I will be up to reading another huge series just after I've finished WoT which is pretty fecking big.
I've read that one of the books (seventh?) is dedicated to Black Company (apparently Erikson is a big fan of it). What doesn that mean exactly I don't know, but most likely there are eastern eggs or stuff like that.

I agree about your last point, cannot definitely imagine going from WoT directly to Malazan/Black Company. Most likely I'll go for a few shorter sagas for some time and then read the larger ones. It is definitely hard to commit myself to read a 10-15 book saga immediately after I finish 15 books of Wheel of Time.

I would recommend you to go for Mistborn. It isn't as good as the best fantasy books, but still it is great, has two fantastic protagonists and two fantastic antagonists and it is very fast paced. Personally, I am planning to read something like Gentleman's Bastards, Prince/King/Emperor of Thorne, Half a King (new Abercrombie saga) or The Stormlight Archive before I'll jump to the next big saga.

Rereading ASOIAF is good. I re-read the first three books recently and they're as good (if not better) than on the first read. Will re-read the next two wither before the new season of Game of Thrones or perhaps before the new book will be published.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I've read that one of the books (seventh?) is dedicated to Black Company (apparently Erikson is a big fan of it). What doesn that mean exactly I don't know, but most likely there are eastern eggs or stuff like that.

I agree about your last point, cannot definitely imagine going from WoT directly to Malazan/Black Company. Most likely I'll go for a few shorter sagas for some time and then read the larger ones. It is definitely hard to commit myself to read a 10-15 book saga immediately after I finish 15 books of Wheel of Time.

I would recommend you to go for Mistborn. It isn't as good as the best fantasy books, but still it is great, has two fantastic protagonists and two fantastic antagonists and it is very fast paced. Personally, I am planning to read something like Gentleman's Bastards, Prince/King/Emperor of Thorne, Half a King (new Abercrombie saga) or The Stormlight Archive before I'll jump to the next big saga.

Rereading ASOIAF is good. I re-read the first three books recently and they're as good (if not better) than on the first read. Will re-read the next two wither before the new season of Game of Thrones or perhaps before the new book will be published.
I'll probably end up going for Mistborn though from what I've read Sanderson's style is not to my taste. Another one I was looking at was the First Law trlology. That's got some fairly decent reviews. Stormlight Archives is a 10 book series right? You could probably put that off for a while. Even with Sanderson's inhuman pace that's not going to get completed any time soon.

I've already re-read ASOIAF once and it definitely gets better.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'll probably end up going for Mistborn though from what I've read Sanderson's style is not to my taste. Another one I was looking at was the First Law trlology. That's got some fairly decent reviews. Stormlight Archives is a 10 book series right? You could probably put that off for a while. Even with Sanderson's inhuman pace that's not going to get completed any time soon.

I've already re-read ASOIAF once and it definitely gets better.
Sanderson is very similar (in fact, extremely influended) from Robert Jordan. Consider Mistborn as a Wheel of Time light (and obviously much shorter). It isn't as good, but it is still a good trilogy and a lot of fun. The First Law is very good too. I liked Mistborn more but The First Law is better. It is the closest thing to ASOIAF in my opinion. It is the ultimate gray book and the characters there make ASOIAF characters look black and white. I liked it's characters and three of them are perfectly written. You can't go wrong with either of them.

I don't expect the Stormlight Archive to be completed on 10-15 years but I was hoping to start reading it while it is still young and then reading the books while they come out.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Stormlight will probably take Sanderson about 6 months at his rate.

Revan

Assumptionman
A Crown of Swords

Pretty boring for the most part of it. Perrin has a bigger role, which as always is good. Mat oscillated from super-boring (for the majority of the book) to awesome (in the end of it). Rand was a bit less arrogant as usual, and almost got killed from Padan Fain. We saw more from Min on this book, which is great. She is a good character IMO. Lan returned but was somehow ruined and Nynaeve continued being the most annoying character ever. Elayne was good while Egwene almost entirely missed from the book.

A new arc story seems to begin. The Kin women who outnumber Aes Sedai, but are scared from them. And can live hundreds of years more than Aes Sedai. And then we saw the return of Saenchan.

The ending was very good as usual. I've missed the Forsaken, so it was good to see an epic duel in the end. RIP Sammael. While not as a good antagonist as Ishamael or Lanfaer, he was still good. Speaking of Ishamael, he seems to have returned somehow. On a different body with a different name

Not as bad as the legend says.

Rating: 6 out of 10

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fires of Heaven is hands down the 2nd best fantasy book I've ever read. The last 100 pages or so are just flat out breathless reading.

Moiraine dies. feck.
Moirriane's letter and Lan. Double feck.:( The way she changes herself because she knows she's going to die is amazing. Well and truly Blue Ajah.

The scene where Kadere kills Isendre was really chilling and creepy. I could almost swear George Martin had written it. Mat is great as well and he's always good for some much needed humour in the books. The only disappointment was that there was no Perrin but that's more than made up by the the awesome Suian Sanche and Logain plot.

Wish Asmodean hadn't died. Was beginning to like him.

I wish the appendix was a lot better and more detailed. It's hard to keep track of half the Lords and Kings of various nations.

Revan

Assumptionman
The Path of Daggers. Considering that the legend says that this is the worst book ever written by an intelligient being, I must say that I was plesantly surprised to find that this isn't the case. It is a complete nonsense to say that nothing happens in this book. It happens a lot.

Concentrating only on the most important points.
The book starts with the trio of girls activating that artifact and changing the weather for the good. It continues with Egwene playing the hall like kids and telling them that not that she isn't a puppet but indeed she is a very strong Amyrlin. Siuan Sanche has taught her well. She also declares war on Elaida. And then it continues with Rand counterattack on the Seanchan, when Rand practically goes mad for some time. Cadsuane continues her apperance and now she is officially the 'new old' Moiraine. Not as a good character as her obviously - no-one is - but she's quite good. Siuan however has been ruined (which is completely normal considering the change she had). Logain makes an appearance. Perrin plays a quite important part. Morgase continues to survive and now is a servant of Faile. Faile gets kidnapped from Aiel. Elayne goes a bit batshit crazy in the end. Dashiva is quite clearly a Forsaken, as it is Halima. Cyndane is quite clearly Lanfaer (she was the only girl Forsaken stronger than Graendal IIRC, and Graendal sensed that on her). So basically happens a lot.

Now let's look a bit at the Forsaken. I want to know how many of them are alive.
1) Ishamael (awesome name) - Killed by Rand. Resurrected as Moridin.
2) Lanfaer - Killed by Moiraine. Resurrected as Cyndane. Under Moridin's control
3) Aginor - Killed by Rand. Probably resurrected as Dashiva.
4) Balthamel - Killed by the Green Man. Probably resurrected as Dashiva.

5) Demandred - Alive. No idea what he is doing. Probably disgusted as Dashiva.
6) Moghedien - Alive. Under Moridin's control
7) Graendal - Alive. Under Moridin's control.
8) Mesaana - Alive. Controling the Black Ajah and indirectly controling Tar Valon.
9) Semirhage - Alive. Probably disgusted as Halima

10) Be'lal - Balefired by Moiraine. Cannot be resurrected.
11) Asmodean - Killed by one of the other Forsaken. Not resurrected because of his betrayel.
12) Rahvin - Balefired by Rand. Cannot be resurrected.
13) Sammael - Consumed by Mashadar. Probably cannot be resurrected.

So, I guess that 4 Forsaken are done for good. 4 others have been killed and at-least 2 of them have been resurrected, but likely the other 2 are somewhere too (no reason why The Dark One wouldn't do that). Interesting is that all four who have been killed permanently are male, while from the female group only Lanfaer (the strongest of them) has been killed (and resurrected). So, if I am right we have 4 Forsaken who have only a life (3 male and a female) and 5 Forsaken who have 2 lives (1 male and 4 females). Females rule on Robert Jordan universe. Quite clearly.

Rating: 6 out of 10

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Kinda sucky. Would be nice if these authors would just finish the series we are all waiting on instead of putting out side books at the same time.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So there's a book by Patrick Rothfuss out at the end of this month, a kind of 2.5. It's about Auri.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22050093-the-slow-regard-of-silent-things

Seeing how angry some readers seem to be and how doubtful they are of a date for the 3rd book, I will probably delay more my reading of the second book.
:lol:

Some of those people there...complete lunatics. He's being writing this series since the 90's and regardless of what he's said he wasn't going to release 3 books in 3 years. He's a bloody slow writer, deal with it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is another case of the "tale growing as it's being told". There's also no way he's going to finish the story in just 3 books. Given the way he writes and how little of the actual plot line (Amyr, Chandrian, Lanre, Kingkiller etc..) he's covered it will take 4 or 5 books to see it through.

Looking forward to the this book. Perhaps an indication that there's more to Auri's character than just a random girl in the University.