Fantasy Tournament: World Cup All-Time All-Stars

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

1. Entirely random, could you post this in the Fantasy Tournament Thread in the mains for Polaroid please? Cheers
  1. Pol
  2. Cal
  3. Aldo
  4. Theon
  5. Ripitroda
  6. Paceme
  7. Jayvin
  8. Desert
  9. Annah
  10. Crappy (asst Pippa)
  11. Fergus
  12. NM
  13. Anto
  14. Gio
  15. Cutch
  16. TITO

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
He told me via PM as well. @Balu might wanna wait before he becomes an assistant as NM might need to be replaced. Shame as he really wanna take part in the next one but perhaps he thought it wouldn't be immediately after the last one.

But he knows my strategy now :rolleyes::(

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He told me via PM as well. @Balu might wanna wait before he becomes an assistant as NM might need to be replaced. Shame as he really wanna take part in the next one but perhaps he thought it wouldn't be immediately after the last one.
But he knows my strategy now :rolleyes::(
I happily play together with you, no need to change it unless we really don't find someone to take over for NM.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I happily play together with you, no need to change it unless we really don't find someone to take over for NM.

Haha it's cool dude - just messing around bud. Feel free to take on your own squad! Gonna be a learning curve for me anyway, love these drafts though

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Okay, so do we really know that NM can't play?

Polaroid

10 min straw poll is well over, the score is stuck 4-3 in favour of usual

I will change the OP to usual sequence

We will re-generate the draft sequence, sorry dhm91

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Okay, I'm off now for about an hour, please let me now, if I play instead of NM or if I assist rpitroda, I'm happy either way :)

Polaroid

Okay, so do we really know that NM can't play?
Let's give him some time - 24 hrs to confirm his participation here, if not we have someone to take over
Anybody keen to join the waiting list?

Polaroid

Okay, I'm off now for about an hour, please let me now, if I play instead of NM or if I assist rpitroda, I'm happy either way :)
If Rpitroda is ok, I will have Balu first on the waiting list

Polaroid

10 min straw poll is well over, the score is stuck 4-3 in favour of usual

I will change the OP to usual sequence

We will re-generate the draft sequence, sorry dhm91
Will wait another 20 min for a helpful soul to re-generate the draft order
If not, we will use the one by dhm91 and proceed ahead with the draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Let's give him some time - 24 hrs to confirm his participation here, if not we have someone to take over
Anybody keen to join the waiting list?
Yeah, fine with me. Thought you wanted to start the drafting today. I don't mind to wait.

Polaroid

Why re-generate the draft order?
Because I inadvertently benefited from switching to usual drafting sequence.

Yeah, fine with me. Thought you wanted to start the drafting today. I don't mind to wait.
Would prefer to start today. We can proceed with the draft until it is NM's turn. Will give him the full 24 hrs (23 hrs left now). In the meantime, you can plan your pick if you are to take his place?

I'm ok with that bud
Great

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Would prefer to start today. We can proceed with the draft until it is NM's turn. Will give him the full 24 hrs (23 hrs left now). In the meantime, you can plan your pick if you are to take his place?
To be honest, that sucks, because either I'm playing my team or I'm playing together with rpitroda. If we do it that way, I can't talk anything through with rpitroda and might end up doing nothing at all for the first 2 picks.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Of course, if everyone else is on and wants to start, I'm fine with that solution. No need to wait just because of me.

Annahnomoss

Because I inadvertently benefited from switching to usual drafting sequence.

Great

Sounds brilliant to me to start as well.

Polaroid

To be honest, that sucks, because either I'm playing my team or I'm playing together with rpitroda. If we do it that way, I can't talk anything through with rpitroda and might end up doing nothing at all for the first 2 picks.
Will not end up doing nothing for first 2 picks because we will not skip NM's turn - if he does not show up, you take over his place to pick. Effectively you will only not be involved with Rpitroda's first pick.

Alternatively I pencil you in to take NM's place, if NM shows up within the allocated timeframe, I let you take my spot if you do not mind my first pick

Polaroid

Will wait another 20 min for a helpful soul to re-generate the draft order
If not, we will use the one by dhm91 and proceed ahead with the draft
It has been 50 min so we will start with the draft order from dhm91

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Will not end up doing nothing for first 2 picks because we will not skip NM's turn - if he does not show up, you take over his place to pick. Effectively you will only not be involved with Rpitroda's first pick.

Alternatively I pencil you in to take NM's place, if NM shows up within the allocated timeframe, I let you take my spot if you do not mind my first pick
No, nonsense. Keep your spot, start the draft. It was just a first reaction, I already posted I'm fine either way. If NM shows up, I join rpitroda, if not, I play.

Polaroid

Has to be him

Pol 1. Maradona
Cal
Aldo
Theon
Ripitroda
Paceme
Jayvin
Desert
Annah
Crappy (asst Pippa)
Fergus
NM / Balu
Anto
Gio
Cutch
TITO

Cal?

CR7 fan
Actually never mind, I'll work on a list later, for now there isn't much choice.
Pol 1. Maradona
Cal 1. Pele
Aldo
Theon
Ripitroda
Paceme
Jayvin
Desert
Annah
Crappy (asst Pippa)
Fergus
NM / Balu
Anto
Gio
Cutch
TITO

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No, nonsense. Keep your spot, start the draft. It was just a first reaction, I already posted I'm fine either way. If NM shows up, I join rpitroda, if not, I play.
feck that, from being a possible AM of mine to picking right before me? feck off! Redo the draft order, now!

Joking.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
feck that, from being a possible AM of mine to picking right before me? feck off! Redo the draft order, now!

Joking.
:lol:
I'm worse off, imo. Everytime I pick, you probably know instantly who I want to pick next and can feck up every great partnership I'm trying to recreate.

antohan

:lol:
I'm worse off, imo. Everytime I pick, you probably know instantly who I want to pick next and can feck up every great partnership I'm trying to recreate.
You tell me, I have fecking Gio and Cutch straight after me. Basically at the bottom with no upside, worst place to be. But then, I won the All-Time draft from the same spot. Lucky number 13 :D

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
This is actually looking pretty hard! So many great players who have won the world cup, getting 4 non-winners will be tricky

antohan

This is actually looking pretty hard! So many great players who have won the world cup, getting 4 non-winners will be tricky
Really? I'm not too fussed with that at all. What is doing my head in is the continental stuff. Easy enough in principle, but it's a very fine balance. For every position you know who your top 5-6 targets are but always different continents so if you keep finding the "wrong" continent available you would end up tied up in knots.

I already have a rough draft plan and am chomping at the bit.