Fantasy Tournament: World Cup All-Time All-Stars

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Vote for
  1. Footballuser (remembers your players, can get overcrowded and difficult to differentiate what players are doing, no arrows) or
  2. this11 (more accurate, has arrows, shit logo in the middle and doesn't remember your players so you have to type them every time).
Pol -either way
Cal - footballuser but doesn't mind
Aldo - either way
Theon
Rpitroda
Paceme
Jayvin - this11
Desert- either way
Annah
Crappy/Pippa - this11
Fergus
Balu - this11
Anto - this11
Gio
Cutch
TITO

Thisistheone

Vote for
  1. Footballuser (remembers your players, can get overcrowded and difficult to differentiate what players are doing, no arrows) or
  2. this11 (more accurate, has arrows, shit logo in the middle and doesn't remember your players so you have to type them every time).
Pol -either way
Aldo - either way
Theon
Rpitroda
Paceme
Jayvin - this11
Desert- either way
Annah
Crappy/Pippa - this11
Fergus
Balu - this11
Anto - this11
Gio
Cutch
TITO - this11

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Vote for
Pol -either way
Aldo - either way
Theon
Rpitroda - either way
Paceme
Jayvin - this11
Desert- either way
Annah
Crappy/Pippa - this11
Fergus
Balu - this11
Anto - this11
Gio
Cutch
TITO - this11

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So it's
  1. Rpitroda
  2. Cutch
  3. Balu/NM
  4. TITO
  5. Theon
  6. Gio
  7. Jayvin
  8. Anto
  9. Cal
  10. Desert
  11. Crappy/Pippa
  12. Paceme
  13. Fergus
  14. Annah
  15. Pol
  16. Aldo
Rpitroda vs Cutch

Balu/NM vs TITO

Theon vs Gio

Jayvin vs Anto

Cal vs Desert

Crappy/Pippa vs Paceme

Fergus vs Annah

Pol vs Aldo

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
@Polaroid
Could you edit the final draft list with all the players into the op, so that we don't have to look through the pages to find it? It's not that big a problem, but it would be helpful, I guess.

Really didn't want to play TITO btw., his defense is awesome :(. (Can we redo the draw? NM hasn't showed up once so far, and I'm sure I would have had more luck with my name instead of his :lol:. Just kidding of course).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Final list of players

Pol 1. Maradona 2. P. Maldini 3. Breitner 4. Zizinho 5. Boniek 6. Ocwirk 7. Zito 8. Ferdinand 9. Cohen 10. Careca 11. Gregg 12. Maspoli
Cal 1. Pelé 2. Sándor Kocsis 3. Gérson 4. Blanc 5. Overath 6. Cristiano Ronaldo 7. Lev Yashin 8. Lúcio 9. Leandro 10. Grosso 11. Sneijder 12. Luis Cubilla
Aldo 1. Garrincha 2. Romário 3. Scirea 4. Gentile 5. Kempes 6. Ballack 7. Lizarazu 8. Burgnich 9. Hidegkuti 10. Danilo 11. Stiles 12. Escuti
Theon 1. Beckenbauer 2. Zico 3. Baggio 4. Kohler 5. R. Carlos 6. Socrates 7. Andrade 8. Van Hanegem 9. Maier 10. Piola 11. Rattin 12. Geoff Hurst
Rpitroda 1. Zidane 2. Masopust 3. Varela 4. Desailly 5. Batistuta 6. Nasazzi 7. Figo 8. Zoff 9. Eyzaguirre 10. Hagi 11. Marinho Chagas 12. František Plánička
Paceme 1. Platini 2. Rijkaard 3. Djalma Santos 4. Thuram 5. Tigana 6. Ademir 7. Cabrini 8. C. Maldini 9. Clodoaldo 10. Voronin 11. Jair 12. Taffarel
Jayvin 1. Ronaldo 2. Cannavaro 3. Rivaldo 4. Brehme 5. Vieira 6. Coluna 7. Schiaffino 8. Kahn 9. Julinho 10. Mauro Ramos 11. Buzánszky 12. Szymaniak
Desert 1.Moore 2. Meazza 3. Passarella 4. Busquets 5. Makélélé 6. Pirlo 7. Messi 8. Caniggia 9.Branco 10. Grosics 11. Novak 12.
Annah 1. Didi 2. Iniesta 3. Ronaldinho 4. Stoichkov 5. Leonidas 6. Lahm 7. Vicente Lucas 8. Bellini 9. Stam 10. Zambrotta 11. Carrizo 12. Gerets
Crappy/Pippa 1. Fontaine 2. Krol 3. Kopa 4. Vogts 5. Dunga 6. Ruggeri 7. Tarantini 8. Leonel Sanchez 9. Mauro Silva 10. Ricardo Zamora 11. Hamrin 12. Buffon
Fergus 1. Matthäus 2. Falcao 3. Rivelino 4. Nilton Santos 5. Karlheinz Förster 6. Chumpitaz 7. Tostao 8. Manuel Amoros 9. Banks 10. Rummenigge 11. Klinsmann 12. Preud’homme
Balu 1. Cruyff 2. Jairzinho 3. Carlos Alberto 4. Davids 5. Silvio Marzolini 6. Frank de Boer 7. Forlan 8. Gilmar 9. Ceulemans 10. Haan 11. Schwarzenbeck 12. Willi Schulz
Anto 1. Puskas 2. Neeskens 3. Bozsik 4. Czibor 5. Ghiggia 6. Junior 7. Mazurkiewicz 8. Gamarra 9. Seeler 10. Chilavert 11. Carvalho 12. Rodríguez Andrade
Gio. 1. Eusebio 2. Figueroa 3. Laudrup 4. Xavi 5. Keane 6. Da Guia 7. Briegel 8. Lato 9. Zagallo 10. Jorginho 11. Roma 12. Fillol
Cutch 1. Müller 2. Facchetti 3. Cafu 4. Santamaría 5. Cubillas 6. Bergomi 7. Monti 8. Nesta 9. F Albert 10. F Walter 11. Goycochea 12. Ayala
TITO 1. Charlton 2. Baresi 3. Schnellinger 4. Zanetti 5. Tardelli 6. Paolo Rossi 7. Perfumo 8. Vavá 9. Gascoigne 10. Cerezo 11. Carbajal 12. Asamoah

Thisistheone

@Polaroid
Could you edit the final draft list with all the players into the op, so that we don't have to look through the pages to find it? It's not that big a problem, but it would be helpful, I guess.

Really didn't want to play TITO btw., his defense is awesome :(. (Can we redo the draw? NM hasn't showed up once so far, and I'm sure I would have had more luck with my name instead of his :lol:. Just kidding of course).
Also didn't want to face you either. You've assembled a very good team indeed. (I fear your arrows!)

Should be a great match though.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Also didn't want to face you either. You've assembled a very good team indeed. (I fear your arrows!)

Should be a great match though.
Yes, should be fun. I also fear my arrows :lol:. I'm still voting for implementing the rule that everyone has to use at least 3 arrows in the formation graph so that my 5-6 arrows won't look that ridiculous ;)

Thisistheone

Yes, should be fun. I also fear my arrows :lol:. I'm still voting for implementing the rule that everyone has to use at least 3 arrows in the formation graph so that my 5-6 arrows won't look that ridiculous ;)
I'll be throwing one or two in, for sure. :D

Moby

Dick
As Pol is the organizer, I'd reveal my starting line up before the game. I might redo the graphic later on but this is how it will be.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
As Pol is the organizer, I'd reveal my starting line up before the game. I might redo the graphic later on but this is how it will be.
I'll do the same, I have too much fun talking about the teams with all the exciting players to keep my starting lineup a big secret for the next 2 weeks. With only 12 players in the team, I don't think there'll be much surprises anyway for the first round games.

/edit:
okay, there's one in your team, you're benching Hidegkuti?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Vote for
Pol -either way
Aldo - either way
Theon
Rpitroda - either way
Paceme
Jayvin - this11
Desert - either way
Annah - this11 but should have choice
Crappy/Pippa - this11
Fergus
Balu - this11
Anto - this11
Gio
Cutch
TITO - this11

antohan

Theon v Gio and Pol v Aldo :drool:
:eek:

Cristiano vs Messi in the 1st round? fix
:lol: Poor Desert, having to put up with Cal? banging on about them two.

I will love it, love it if I knock out Anto in the first round :nervous:
:( And there I was making all the picks for you and ensuring I never forwarded them to anyone who could pick your second choices... Kevin.

I don't envy you. Not because I fear Anto's team but his onslaught when the match starts.
I would rather face him than Pol. :p
And so the underrating of the Underdogs begins. It's certainly not the worst draw for either team, but I would have preferred not to face a big modern name side. :annoyed:

Thisistheone

Can I just confirm, since I'm team 4, I need to line up my team from top to bottom?

As in:

-------GK
DR--Dc--Dc--DL

Rather than
DL--Dc--Dc-DR
------GK

antohan

I'll do the same, I have too much fun talking about the teams with all the exciting players to keep my starting lineup a big secret for the next 2 weeks. With only 12 players in the team, I don't think there'll be much surprises anyway for the first round games.

/edit:
Of course he isn't, no one in their right mind would play Danilo ahead of Hidegkuti. Either Ballack drops to a midfield pair or Stiles sits behind Ballack and Hidegkuti.

Edit: Actually, he HAS to play Danilo. Oh boy.

antohan

Can I just confirm, since I'm team 4, I need to line up my team from top to bottom?

As in:

-------GK
DR--Dc--Dc--DL

Rather than
DL--Dc--Dc-DR
------GK
I assume it's the other way around? Surely teams face each other rather than give each other their backs?

Look at your examples, it should be that way, odd starts from GK-ST and even from ST-GK.

Moby

Dick

/edit:
Yeah, need a bit more balance in here given how strong Pol's midfield is.

antohan

Vote for
Pol -either way
Aldo - either way
Theon
Rpitroda - either way
Paceme - this11
Jayvin - this11
Desert - either way
Annah - this11 but should have choice
Crappy/Pippa - this11
Fergus
Balu - this11
Anto - this11
Gio
Cutch -this11
TITO - this11

This11, by a landslide, no need for the last three votes to be cast.

Thisistheone

I assume it's the other way around? Surely teams face each other rather than give each other their backs?

Look at your examples, it should be that way, odd starts from GK-ST and even from ST-GK.
Yes, sorry you're right. I need to do it

Back 4
--GK

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Hidegkuti is off for this one.
Because of the pre/post/continent/winner restrictions or because you really think it's the best way to go? Hidegkuti and Romario looked like a brilliant pair to me.

Moby

Dick
Because of the pre/post/continent/winner restrictions or because you really think it's the best way to go? Hidegkuti and Romario looked like a brilliant pair to me.
It's a choice between Hidegkuti and Stiles. Hiddegkuti definitely adds more in attack, though.

My first instinct was to go with a stronger middle of the park to contest the midfield battle. Your point of the partnership up front is valid as well, though so it might not be as obvious as I thought. Guess I'll think some more.

antohan

It's a choice between Hidegkuti and Stiles. Hiddegkuti definitely adds more in attack, though.

My first instinct was to go with a stronger middle of the park to contest the midfield battle. Your point of the partnership up front is valid as well, though so it might not be as obvious as I thought. Guess I'll think some more.
For Maradona, you always have Gentile :smirk:

I can see the point re: Stiles though.