FAO Mods

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murt said:
If youve nothing relevant to say maybe you could follow youre own rules/guidelines and stop your wumming.
Does twice count as persistant?
You seem to have trouble differentiating between WUM and simple statements of fact.

Maybe that is why you are such a WUM.

Murt

Wibble said:
You seem to have trouble differentiating between WUM and simple statements of fact.
Maybe that is why you are such a WUM.
Your trying to wind me up and your being persistant about it.
I didnt make the rules.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murt said:
ohh, sorry, i forgot you were royalty.
Of course I am. :rolleyes:

But a WUM and waste of bandwidth such as yourself expects to be treated as such.

I refer you to my previous comments about irony.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murt said:
Your trying to wind me up and your being persistant about it.
I didnt make the rules.
Am I?

What makes you think that?

Although they do say the truth hurts.

Whoever they are.

UnitedIrishman

UnitedIrishman said:
Banter is ok, but WUM that ruin threads and "have a negative effect on the forum" should be banned. Simple as. But the mods seem to spend their time moderating the United fans whilst ignoring the other fans.
Wibble, do you agree with the above?

Murt

Marching said:
Your idea of Redcafe not being a MU forum though is ludicrous - 99.9% of the members are MU fans. I also disagree with you about the 'away' fans not bringing anything useful to the site. We are all football fans on here and the better posters can put that bias you talk about to one side and have decent debates.
Ppl join here on the pretence that its a Utd forum for Utd fans. Which is why i think its a bit of a rip off using the name "Man Utd" when in real life a mere 33% of the content is about Man Utd.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Murt said:
Ppl join here on the pretence that its a Utd forum for Utd fans. Which is why i think its a bit of a rip off using the name "Man Utd" when in real life a mere 33% of the content is about Man Utd.

:lol:

Who's been ripped off Murt?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Mickeyredlad said:
Read the sentence again!
My bad...

How are United fans ripped off - I've always felt I am amongst my fellow "United" reds...

Murt

Sultan said:
My bad...
How are United fans ripped off - I've always felt I am amongst my fellow "United" reds...
the Man Utd name is being abused as RC is getting new members who want to join a Man Utd forum but thats not what they're getting.

UnitedIrishman

Wibble said:
Well define the rule in the newbie section then.

"Persistent wind up merchants will be banned if they have a negative effect on the forum"

They obviously are having a negative effect on the forum if it results in regulars getting banend and debates over the whole thing.

Red Haze

Here's my two cents, for what it's worth (probably, 2 cents)...

The Liverpool fans on here get a kick out of winding some of the United fans, and some posters will rise to the bait at the spur of the moment. I mean, a United fan really doesn't want to see 18-5 plastered all over the posts in a United forum, which is fair. Hence, when they respond with what they deem appropriate, I don't think they're suggesting that any of the Liverpool fans are "murderers", but they're just responding like with like, i.e. "you wind us up, we wind you up". It's merely harmless banter. Again fair, as non-United fans shouldn't expect to be treated with roses and wine in a United forum.

That said, occasionally, the opposition fans do add to the value of this forum, but more often than not, they're looking to wind up some of the United fans. Not saying eliminate all non-United fans, but just have something in place; for instance, if a Liverpool fan says 18-5 more than 5 times, take action!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
UnitedIrishman said:
Well define the rule in the newbie section then.

"Persistent wind up merchants will be banned if they have a negative effect on the forum"

They obviously are having a negative effect on the forum if it results in regulars getting banend and debates over the whole thing.
The rules are guidelines and if we banned anyone for the mildest windup we would have a membership of about 3.

People behaving like total twats and 3 years olds have a negative effect on the forum. Maybe we should add a rule and get rid of them as well.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Mickeyredlad said:
The Kraptalk admin do it right..

If a rival fan says the wrong thing they are out, i got banned for calling someone a scouse cnut!
Sound like RedIssue would suit you better then.

UnitedIrishman

Wibble said:
The rules are guidelines and if we banned anyone for the mildest windup we would have a membership of about 3.

People behaving like total twats and 3 years olds have a negative effect on the forum. Maybe we should add a rule and get rid of them as well.
Well then like I said the guidelines/lines need editting then.

Murt

Wibble said:

Be an awful lot of work finding new mods and all though,

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murt said:
Be an awful lot of work finding new mods and all though,
Why would you need new mods?

We could have a rule free utopia where the three remaining posters could post the words "Gashout" and "Murderers" whilst giggling between posts.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
UnitedIrishman said:
Well then like I said the guidelines/lines need editting then.
No they don't.

The rule are fine. The discressionary enforcement of them is fine.

The behaviour of a numbe of posters is the problem.

Childish whinging of "Its not fair"and "I'm going hold my breath until you change your mind" don't help.

The Hairdryer

Marching said:
Your idea of Redcafe not being a MU forum though is ludicrous - 99.9% of the members are MU fans. .

I dispute this figure.

The Hairdryer

Wibble said:
No they don't.

Childish whinging of "Its not fair"and "I'm going hold my breath until you change your mind" don't help.
Probably because they've been able to get away with for so long and all of sudden they are treated like school children. Sure they may act like school children, but that's what grown men often act like when they get together in the real world. Specially when they've downed a few.

Murt

Wibble said:
No they don't.
Its everyone else's fault. Dismiss all objections as tantrums.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murt said:
take a look at yourself in this thread, and then you call others childish.
I don't need to. I have been very mildly taking the piss out of idiotic WUM's like yourself. In effect pointing and laughing.

If I was being childish I would have either flounced out, whinged that everyone was mean to me, complained that life wasn't fair or whined that people were being mean to my friends.

Perhaps you should threaten to scweem and scweem until you a sick as your next "debating" tactic.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Mickeyredlad said:
Maybe, are you asking me to leave?

Maybe you could get a scouser from the newbies to take my place!
No. Why would you think that? I simply think that people who want a site where anything goes might be happier going to such a site.

And we have approached Davo but we are afraid that he will decline our offer.