FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Dan_F

How is he? He is being honest. Many of these players are nowhere near good enough and as a squad we are miles off the required quality to compete. He is 100% right.
Well generally a manager won’t say that kind of stuff in public. He is right though. Spurs have no chance of a top four with that 11 and the midfield is absolutely worse than McFred for me.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well generally a manager won’t say that kind of stuff in public. He is right though. Spurs have no chance of a top four with that 11 and the midfield is absolutely worse than McFred for me.
A manager will if he wants to put pressure on the club to back him with transfers

mu4c_20le

I wouldn't say no chance, they do have Ndombele, Alli and Lo Celso, they just don't use them. Conte seems to prefer grafters in the midfield.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wouldn't say no chance, they do have Ndombele, Alli and Lo Celso, they just don't use them. Conte seems to prefer grafters in the midfield.
All three of those players are terrible for us and hopefully will be sold and never play for us again.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This. You dont air your dirty laundry in public. I can guarantee pep roasted his players in private yesterday but said it was the best performance of the season in the presser.

Dan_F

Yeah I meant that 11 specifically. I think you can get away with the grafters, like Liverpool do, but they looked well short of quality and creativity without Son and Regulion.

A manager will if he wants to put pressure on the club to back him with transfers
Straight out of the Mourinho play book. Let’s hope he gets some players in because it’s a sure fire way to piss off the ones that are already there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah I meant that 11 specifically. I think you can get away with the grafters, like Liverpool do, but they looked well short of quality and creativity without Son and Regulion.

Straight out of the Mourinho play book. Let’s hope he gets some players in because it’s a sure fire way to piss off the ones that are already there.
This 100%.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
All three of those players are terrible for us and hopefully will be sold and never play for us again.
What’s the issue with Ndombele? He was so highly rated at one point

Crick

Mourinho mark 2 always blaming the players. Nothing to do with him when he loses a match all about him when he does. Why not defend your players to the media, say we have improved but we need to go further. Make them more than the sum of their parts. Be a team.

It will when end in tears as Spurs won't/can't give him what he wants. He'll be tearing his hair out after a couple of Levy windows.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What about Lo Celso, he’s always impressed me when I’ve seen him decent technique and a bit of bite.
He looks disinterested when he plays. Hasn't been fit enough to play regularly and although he is a good player he isn't suited for the premier League

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
What about Lo Celso, he’s always impressed me when I’ve seen him decent technique and a bit of bite.
He was one of their best players under Mourinho. Jose was really fond of him.

Really rate the guy. He's very technically gifted but also gets around the pitch. Has a Lamela-esque nasty streak in him too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's a lovely position to be in for Conte. Win something or achieve top 4 and he's a genius. Fail to deliver results and its because the players are crap. He can walk away anytime with his reputation intact.

I asked a Spurs supporting mate 'at what point does any of this reflect badly on Conte?' and the thought had clearly never crossed his mind.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Wasnt mourinho saying similar. That he doesnt have the players. He was saying it at United as well.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Conte and Spurs will end in tears. He will demand signings and wont get them. Top coach but volatile

Caesar2290

I will never understand why Levy and Spurs broke their winning ways and stopped recruiting managers from Soton. They had Mitchel and Poch both of which turned out to be big hits. Right now Ralf Hassenhuthl is doing a very good job at keep Soton afloat while going toe to toe with the big boys despite him losing his key players every year.

I think Levy fecked up when he tried to go for "big name" managers. Those always demand that you sign their preferred players or they throw their toys out of the pram. People like Ralf usually work with what they have and get the best possible results with minimal fuss. A perfect match for Spurs if you ask me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I will never understand why Levy and Spurs broke their winning ways and stopped recruiting managers from Soton. They had Mitchel and Poch both of which turned out to be big hits. Right now Ralf Hassenhuthl is doing a very good job at keep Soton afloat while going toe to toe with the big boys despite him losing his key players every year.

I think Levy fecked up when he tried to go for "big name" managers. Those always demand that you sign their preferred players or they throw their toys out of the pram. People like Ralf usually work with what they have and get the best possible results with minimal fuss. A perfect match for Spurs if you ask me.
Yea i think they should have went with Hassenhutl or Potter.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs are average outside their attack of Kane and Son. Midfield is all hard workers that don't really offer much going forward. Hojbjerg and Skipp are pretty much the exact same player, hard working grafters that are happy to put a foot in. They need someone in there that can either drive past a player or pick a pass. But that player needs to be disciplined enough to operate in a midfield 2, I think Hojbjerg or Skipp alongside maybe Lo Celso would be a better option for them.

Alli, Doherty, Ndombele, are probably the three main players that need to go. Ndombele wanted to leave last xfer window, not sure why Spurs kept him around, Alli has been doing nothing there for years, and not even sure why they brought in Doherty? Then there are a lot of maybe players, that you question if they have a future at Spurs if top 4 is their goal. Players like Winks, Bergwyn, Sanchez, are they top four players? Debateable.

Will be hilarious if Conte receives little to no backing and walks because Levy broke some kind of gentleman's agreement he had with Conte about transfers. Mason should have Spurs in 10th in no time.

Caesar2290

Yea i think they should have went with Hassenhutl or Potter.
Agreed. Big managers for big teams. Emerging managers for emerging teams.

Just look at Poch and Ancelotti.

One was a God at Spurs yet looks uninspiring at PSG.

While the other looked completely finished at Everton, yet has a 76% win percentage at Real Madrid.

Some managers are better suited for better jobs.

croadyman

That momentum from the Leicester win has been flushed down the toilet, same thing happened when they went there in league cup.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Agreed. Big managers for big teams. Emerging managers for emerging teams.

Just look at Poch and Ancelotti.

One was a God at Spurs yet looks uninspiring at PSG.

While the other looked completely finished at Everton, yet has a 76% win percentage at Real Madrid.

Some managers are better suited for better jobs.
I agree. Its the style imo that is hurting them. They went from Poch to Mourinho, which is to contrasting styles. The players got fed up with the latter. Then they went with Nuno is another counter attacking manager. That didnt work out. Then they picked Conte who is of that mould as well. Maybe not as bad.

I think Potter or Hassenhutl would have been much better. They played their best stuff under Poch. They were so good. Until near the end.

norm87cro

But I tought Conte is a mastermind who was going to turn Spurs into the new Barca? No? Joking aside ambitions are low if you accept the Spurs job. It applied for Jose who is a much more established manager and it applies for Conte

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
But I tought Conte is a mastermind who was going to turn Spurs into the new Barca? No? Joking aside ambitions are low if you accept the Spurs job. It applied for Jose who is a much more established manager and it applies for Conte
The absolute state of this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They barely beat Chelsea at home. Not sure why they are complaining about their away record.
They've beaten us a couple of times at their ground over the years, but they were at one point 26 years without a win at the Bridge. Ironically the only Chelsea manager to lose to Spurs at home since 1990 is Conte.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He might turn them into current Barca tbf :drool::lol:

norm87cro

The absolute state of this.
Sorry mate but it's true. Wouldn't you want another midfielder to help out Son and Kane? Don't you feel you could have been champions instead of Leicester if only Levy invested more in the squad? Don't you think that Kane's career is going in a similar direction to Shearer's?Spurs invest little money while we invested in the likes of Sanchez, Schweistenger, Lindelof, Di Maria, Blind and a few more flops. Nothing personal against Spurs so my bad.