Farewell Zlatan! | Zlatan: "I came. I said. I conquered."

tomaldinho1

will sign with LA Galaxy for 2018/2019. Giving him option of finishing his stint here or even abroad once he fully recovers.

Suits all parties, is a great asset when fit and probably saving near enough Lindeloff fee (probably exaggerating)by having him off the books for ~1 yr

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Still in United gear too, can't see any reason why he wouldn't re-sign in January.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's absolutely no reason for him to make any decision about signing anywhere for a fair while.

And what club is going to commit to huge money wages before he's back to fitness?

I wouldn't at all rule out him playing for us midway through the season. Especially looking at the current fact we don't have a front line main striker!

ps I know..it's "Only" May...June 1,2,3, etc 22nd...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Smashing player. Was absolutely world class for years. Just shy of that in his stint here but far and away our best forward player last year. He showed the rest of the lads up. I hope we sign him again in Jan, he'd be an amazing option to have. Not sure about the economics of the situation though. His wages were insane! Seems like a really cool guy too for what's it's worth. Dare to Zlatan! : )

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Really hope we sign him up for a few months towards the end of the upcoming season. I don't feel like we've seen enough of him in a United shirt!

Bo_7iDaR

Smashing player. Was absolutely world class for years. Just shy of that in his stint here but far and away our best forward player last year. He showed the rest of the lads up. I hope we sign him again in Jan, he'd be an amazing option to have. Not sure about the economics of the situation though. His wages were insane! Seems like a really cool guy too for what's it's worth. Dare to Zlatan! : )
Hear, hear. Besides the fact that he's, well, Zlatan, that's one of the reasons why I would love it if we were to retain him. For way too long we've allowed the playing standards to fall down way below the bare minimum of what's acceptable at this club. His drive and determination to win and to do it in style were such a breath of fresh air after the dire post Fergie years.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hear, hear. Besides the fact that he's, well, Zlatan, that's one of the reasons why I would love it if we were to retain him. For way too long we've allowed the playing standards to fall down way below the bare minimum of what's acceptable at this club. His drive and determination to win and to do it in style were such a breath of fresh air after the dire post Fergie years.

He made rooney look like what he really is too- finished at the top level

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe I was skeptical about him coming.
I love that man.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
Zlatan is a legend. From his Ajax days all the way to United he has been an enigma and an inspiration to watch playing football. I think in his season at United he also inspired some of the youngsters and showed those up who underperformed. To be performing like he did at age 35 is incredible imho.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He wrote "I came. I said. I conquered" as the caption.
Sounds like a reasonable thing for him to say. Although there's nothing there to suggest anything about his future status. He's obviously going to be in rehab for the next 4-5 months so no club is going to sign him now.

CM

The phrasing of that post does make it seems as though he intends to move on once he's recovered but I'd love for us to bring him back in January. Being able to call on that kind of quality for the second half of the season would be massive for us.

Jaybomb

He was a brilliant signing but I'm not sure if I'd say he "conquered", he has unfinished business here and I for one, would love to have him back in January. Even for half a season like Larsson.

The guys an animal, if he was to stay here until 2019, I'd fancy him to get at least 50 goals in that time.

Point is, he needs to win the league here. He needs to be in the Champions League. With us. He worked so hard to get us there.

Jaybomb

Always loved his celebrations. Nothing complicated but full of anger and energy
The one against Liverpool :drool: Pure passion.

Why didn't we sign him all those years ago? He would have gone down as one of the greatest United players of all time.