Other Favourite Youtube Channels

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
@Solius

LEMMiNO, Summoning Salt and Internet Historian are great channels! I'll check out the others.

Some other channels that you might enjoy:

EmpLemon - video essays on a wide variety of topics

ContraPoints - video essays with a leftist lean

Pop Culture Detective - video essays typically concerning films, TV and feminism

Man Carrying Thing - short-form comedy on current events

Bertie Wooster

I generally use YouTube for listening songs, some live sport when it's aired on there, or clips of comedy like plenty of Norm Macdonald videos!

I don't really watch many full length shows on there. I guess the one that I do watch plenty of times, and was initially aired on there, is the No More Jockeys game with the 3 comedian mates Alex Horne, Mark Watson and Tim Key. And as a fan of Taskmaster as well, there's unsurprisingly a number of passing references to that which is always nice.

It's ostensibly a 'name game', but the real beauty of each 20-30 minute episode is that they're great mates and have plenty of silly, light hearted banter. As somebody who has no interest in humour about politics or social issues, it's just very enjoyable to watch quick witted friends / comedians share such a light hearted and hugely entertaining half hour each game.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Internet Historian - Comedy/Documentary style videos about anything and everything. His videos about the man stuck in the cave, costa concordia and No mans sky are all great watches.
Can we even call it his video at this point?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can we even call it his video at this point?
Ah that's a shame. I guess since it's a historic event the details will be the same but he's clearly taken it from that article and should've at the very least asked for permission and credited it.

I've heard of hbomberguy but their videos are always like 3 hours long. Are they good and what exactly do they cover?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I've heard of hbomberguy but their videos are always like 3 hours long. Are they good and what exactly do they cover?
They're great as it's usually a really, really deep dive, often with an unexpected twist, that gives you a quite unique insight on the matter. He can take the most random theme and make it 1. entertaining 2. well worth a watch (even if it's something about, say, a videogame or a show that you didn't even play/watch).

It is really time-consuming, but he's one of the few creators (like contrapoints or shaun) that are worth spending that time on.

Ah that's a shame. I guess since it's a historic event the details will be the same but he's clearly taken it from that article and should've at the very least asked for permission and credited it.
He re-edited and uploaded the new version of that cave story (that apparently doesn't follow the article word by word anymore), but I would've preferred for him to publicly acknowledge his mistake (if you can even call it that). I still enjoy Internet's Historian's original content but I started to like him a lot less after that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They're great as it's usually a really, really deep dive, often with an unexpected twist, that gives you a quite unique insight on the matter. He can take the most random theme and make it 1. entertaining 2. well worth a watch (even if it's something about, say, a videogame or a show that you didn't even play/watch).

It is really time-consuming, but he's one of the few creators (like contrapoints or shaun) that are worth spending that time on.

He re-edited and uploaded the new version of that cave story (that apparently doesn't follow the article word by word anymore), but I would've preferred for him to publicly acknowledge his mistake (if you can even call it that). I still enjoy Internet's Historian's original content but I started to like him a lot less after that.
I'll subscribe and check some stuff out. Ending up watching the vid you linked far longer than intended which is a good sign.

And yeah pretty shitty from IH. Just own up to it and it goes away much faster. I guess he didn't count on that vid about him being made and thought he could sweep it under the rug.

buchansleftleg

Here's my subscriptions...

Tested - Adam Savage from Mythbusters
Hand Tool Rescue - rennovation channel with a sense of humour
Bobby Fingers - Craft dioramas with an added dimension!
Steve1989MRE - army rations evaluated - on a tray...noice!
Paul Harrell - a gun tuber that is now sadly terminally ill - but not a normal gun tuber!
Curiosity Incorporated - thrift stalls, car rennovations but get started with the Potters house series on playlists
John and Mandy on Tour - Mobile home adventures from a couple of mancs....with a realistic approach
The Late Brake Show - Barn finds series is very good