Kick-off
Wed, 22 November 2017 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarchingOn

Once we get one, we'll probably get 3. They're there to be broken down.

If only that Rojo strike went; almost-worldie!

Toad

Only just caught the last 10 mins. Like what I've seen despite the score.

Martial :drool:
    Cruising really, no real effort being put in, looks as if we are conserving energy to be honest, nice and relaxing to watch though which is a first.

kthanksbye

Lukaku and Fellaini should be on the score sheet.
    All Lingard does is run around really fast, he's adding nothing to our attack, add Darmain to that and the right flank is non existent.

Wait, this might seem like I'm ranting, but I'm really happy with our performance in the first half.

Paul_Scholes18

Very good half apart from the finishing. Think everyone has done well in the play. Most disappointed with Lukaku think he could have done much better 1vs 1. Nice to see Rojo back. Looks really good so I think him and Smalling short start next game as well or most games. Maybe take it a bit slow and play Lindelöf vs Brighton.

PoTMS

How are we not winning this? Barely got out of second gear as well.

Camilo

Very average Basel team, we've been poor not putting this to bed.

Paul_Scholes18

We have done everything but score. Incredible how we're not two or three goals ahead.

Yet there are still people on here moaning about how pedestrian we are. :lol:
    Normally I would be more frustrated over potentially dropping points due to wasting chances. Since we only need a draw though I feel the good performance just make me happy. I think part of it is that we play with not too much pressure so the players really enjoy it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    We've been unlucky. A goal should be enough to win this but i'm hoping we step it up a gear second half

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    20:34SAMUEL LUCKHURST
    Just one thing missing
    United have had a decent half, despite not scoring. They have hit the woodwork twice, the ‘keepers made a couple of decent stops and they have had all of the control. Basel, who really need to win this game, haven’t really turned up and are being carried by their fabulous fans.

Pogba has pulled the strings but Herrera has looked a lot more comfortable and Fellaini is playing where he should always play in that advanced role. You would have to say the weak link is down the right with Matteo Darmian but Basel have not bothered to test him. Mourinho was clearly content that half and all United lacked was a goal.

Toad

Yeah we look very comfortable. Only a matter of time and that.

Only needing a point to go through, this potentially could have been a borefest but happy with how things shaped up.
    Goal would be nice though because I’m guessing McTominay will feature if there is.

SirAnderson

There is nothing more we could've done this half to score. The ball has hit the woodwork twice and their keeper has made a couple of outstanding saves, added to this had a shot cleared off the line.

Yes you are being unreasonable :)
    Cmon those off the bar twice in the last 2 mins of the half.

I'm not saying that we playing bad, I'm saying we not giving enough quality in the final third, add the fact that we playing the game at an average temp just ads to the frustration.
    Anyway, gave you the benefit of the doubt hoping you could find a compromise, but guess you happy with the performance so far. That's fine for you.
    I would like to see a little bit more. Call it unreasonable, doesn't change the fact that I want it.
    Enjoy the match bro:)

James Peril

Come on José, go for the kill - we can take a risk in this game. Get the weasle Lingard out of the pitch and bring on Rashford!

Canagel

The weak points in the team are becoming clearer and clearer with every game. The FB positions are a big problem as is the lack of quality on the RW. These positions must be addressed in coming windows. Darmian and Blind cannot cross to save their lives. Valencia isn't much better either. What's the point of having all this height in the team if we cannot even supply them with quality service?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    Yes, I am watching on teletext
    Makes absolute sense. If you managed to catch the half time highlights though, you’ll see two absolute atrocious Blind crosses leading to two very good chances. Might be luck or sumfink!

iam_kramer

Missed the first half, hope we can get some goals and confidence back in the team ready for winter.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    We've controlled the game from start to finish and the last ten minutes or so we've shellacked them really. It's no surprise Martial was getting more involved in that period, more of that and we will surely score.

I'm not sure I'd change any personnel, but as Keith Andrews and his guests on this Irish channel i've got on are saying I'd ask Fellaini and Herrera (particularly the former) to play closer to Pogba, knock down to him etc. so that he can find Lukaku more often. Apart from occupying the centre halves and spurring a good chance he hasn't been able to do very much for us tonight.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
    Another great ball from Martial aaannnddd another wasted header.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Basel win
  • Draw