FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Who are the targets for the summer?
They already got a CB (Süle) to pair with Boateng, Hummels, Martínez and an all-purpose player in Rudy.
I would think they are looking at winger(s) and RB. Ribéry and Robben are 33 and Costa and Coman will probably never be world class. Rafinha is a great RB backup and Rudy can play there as well, but I somehow don't see Kimmich as Lahm's heir.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
They already got a CB (Süle) to pair with Boateng, Hummels, Martínez and an all-purpose player in Rudy.
I would think they are looking at winger(s) and RB. Ribéry and Robben are 33 and Costa and Coman will probably never be world class. Rafinha is a great RB backup and Rudy can play there as well, but I somehow don't see Kimmich as Lahm's heir.
Good to know. Probably an expensive summer.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Don't see us going for another winger this summer. Ribery and Robben had their contracts extended for another year, we'll definitely pull the option for Coman, and I don't see Costa leaving either.
Rummenigge publically stated on various occasions that they trust the NT's RB to play the same role for us next season. That makes Kimmich pretty much a dead cert.
The most obvious gap to fill in our squad is that of another creative/strategic player in CM besides Thiago, especially with Alonso likely to retire at the end of this season. Someone like Verratti would suit us just fine, @Downcast :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't see us going for another winger this summer. Ribery and Robben had their contracts extended for another year, we'll definitely pull the option for Coman, and I don't see Costa leaving either.
Rummenigge publically stated on various occasions that they trust the NT's RB to play the same role for us next season. That makes Kimmich pretty much a dead cert.
The most obvious gap to fill in our squad is that of another creative/strategic player in CM besides Thiago, especially with Alonso likely to retire at the end of this season. Someone like Verratti would suit us just fine, @Downcast :D
1) I just cannot see Bayern not adding a winger. Ribery and Robben will eventually get injured and then it's Müller on the wing again..?
2) Do you really see Kimmich as Bayern's RB of the future?

And yes, obviously any team could need Verratti. ;-)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Do you mean- who will they definitively sign once they identify that player?
I mean their priorities according to the press.

If I analyse PSG, I'd say:

- They're looking for a left-back because end of contract next summer for Maxwell: the LB of Valencia is one of their targets.
- They're looking for a back-up in attack in case Cavani is injured.
- As usual, they will try to have a 'Big Name'.

In other words, I see between 2 and 4 acquisitions. I'm not sure they will try to replace Motta (end of contract next summer): Callegari is the future IMO.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I mean their priorities according to the press.

If I analyse PSG, I'd say:

- They're looking for a left-back because end of contract next summer for Maxwell: the LB of Valencia is one of their targets.
- They're looking for a back-up in attack in case Cavani is injured.
- As usual, they will try to have a 'Big Name'.

In other words, I see between 2 and 4 acquisitions. I'm not sure they will try to replace Motta (end of contract next summer): Callegari is the future IMO.
I was alluding to Bayern's German efficiency when it comes to buying players ;)

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
1) I just cannot see Bayern not adding a winger. Ribery and Robben will eventually get injured and then it's Müller on the wing again..?
2) Do you really see Kimmich as Bayern's RB of the future?

And yes, obviously any team could need Verratti. ;-)
1) Costa & Coman?
2) I think he has everything to cover that role, yes.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Who are the targets for the summer?
"France Football" says Tousart of Lyon might be.

"Merkur" says Vidal is flirting with a move in summer, anyone heard anything about it?

Hey, let's spread a rumour: I read Emre Can is stalling talks about extending his 'Pool contract --- coincidence?!! :D

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
"France Football" says Tousart of Lyon might be.

"Merkur" says Vidal is flirting with a move in summer, anyone heard anything about it?
Tousart is young - 19 years.

Let's watch Lyon-Roma in order to assess his potential :)

Nick.

Still think the Portuguese connection from Mourinho will edge it in our favour

Blackwidow

Bayern has already two new ones in Süle and Rudy. In summer Lahm and probably Alonso will end their careers.

But - the last seasons have told that the many rumours the medias had about Bayern's aquisations was never right. So - just sit and wait...

RooneyLegend

One wonders where it all went wrong for us, when you see the sort of standard that Bayern have maintained for what seems like forever now. Can someone make a spend comparison between bayern and the english giants in the past 7 years or so?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
One wonders where it all went wrong for us, when you see the sort of standard that Bayern have maintained for what seems like forever now. Can someone make a spend comparison between bayern and the english giants in the past 7 years or so?
@Blackwidow is our stat gal

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Bayern's transfers according to tm.de:
16/17: -17.7M (buys 70M, sales 52.3M)
15/16: -55.5M (buys 88.5M, sales 33M)
14/15: +0.3M (buys 53.4M, sales 53.7M)
13/14: -22M (buys 62M, sales 40M)
12/13: -69.8M (buys 70.3M, sales 0.5M)
11/12: -47.1M (buys 52.1M, sales 5M)
10/11: -11M (buys 17M, sales 6M)
Total: -222.8M (buys 413.3M, sales 190.5M)

Man Utd: -529.65M (buys 772.36M, sales 242.71M)
Chelsea: -325.23M (buys 819M, sales 493.77M)
Man City: -704.32M (buys 960.25M, sales 255.93M)
Arsenal: -248.17M (buys 454.71M, sales 206.54M)
Tottenham: + 1.75M (buys 433.15M, sales 434.9M)
Liverpool: -206.47M (buys 649.49M, sales 443.02M)

Also:
Dortmund: -46.46M (buys 303.13M, sales 256.67M)
Real Madrid: -264.65M (buys 596M, sales 331.35M)
Barcelona: -316.72M (buys 607.17M, sales 290.45M)

All values in €...

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the wage bill that mattters

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
in a league with FFP in place, the transfer fees matter, too
I meant wage bill is a better indication of a team's financial muscle, as it is not influenced by one-off sources of income

Blackwidow

It is very easy as transfermarkt offers those comparisons.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/transf...&land_id=&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=

If you take spending and income since 10/11:

1 Manchester City -704,33 Mill. €
2 Paris Saint-Germain -579,10 Mill. €
3 Manchester United -529,66 Mill. €
4 Chelsea FC -325,23 Mill. €
5 FC Barcelona -316,72 Mill. €
6 Real Madrid -272,15 Mill. €
7 Arsenal FC -248,17 Mill. €
8 Juventus FC -232,49 Mill. €
9 Bayern Munich -222,80 Mill. €
10 Liverpool FC -206,46 Mill. €
11 Hebei China Fortune -160,24 Mill. €
12 West Ham United -159,08 Mill. €

If you only take spending:

1 Manchester City 960,25 Mill. €
2 Chelsea FC 819,00 Mill. €
3 Manchester United 772,36 Mill. €
4 Paris Saint-Germain 712,15 Mill. €
5 Juventus FC 652,59 Mill. €
6 Liverpool FC 649,48 Mill. €
7 FC Barcelona 607,17 Mill. €
8 Real Madrid 603,50 Mill. €
9 Atlético Madrid 494,81 Mill. €
10 Inter Milan 490,88 Mill. €
11 AS Roma 480,19 Mill. €
12 Arsenal FC 454,71 Mill. €
13 Tottenham Hotspur 433,14 Mill. €
14 Bayern Munich 413,30 Mill. €

Both. I mean, they don't play the same position, so why choose?
Busquets or Iniesta?
They both are 8s that in their career have been playing in 10 or 6 roles, too. Both in my eyes and against most opponents play best on an 8 as they have flaws for a 10 and a 6 role. In more open plays both can play a 10 and they look good there - but against busses I think they are equipped better one position behind.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We can clearly see now that declining to sign Sané was a major blunder.

He's exactly the kind of player we're going to need to replace Robbery because he actually has the quality, on top of that he is a German international, and we decided against him because we wanted to have our cake and eat it too - waiting another year to get him on the cheap and give us slightly better timing as for our squad management.

The 50 something € City paid for him might have seemed much, but will prove a bargain in the long run.

I'm not crying over it because he is some great talent we didn't get (we can't get most great talents obviously), but because he was ready to join us and we didn't want him.
Seeing him dribble opponents at will for City hurts, I have to say. He is the real deal, world player level talent. There's only a couple of young players in that positions out there that are the real deal.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
We can clearly see now that declining to sign Sané was a major blunder.

He's exactly the kind of player we're going to need to replace Robbery because he actually has the quality, on top of that he is a German international, and we decided against him because we wanted to have our cake and eat it too - waiting another year to get him on the cheap and give us slightly better timing as for our squad management.

The 50 something € City paid for him might have seemed much, but will prove a bargain in the long run.

I'm not crying over it because he is some great talent we didn't get (we can't get most great talents obviously), but because he was ready to join us and we didn't want him.
Seeing him dribble opponents at will for City hurts, I have to say. He is the real deal, world player level talent. There's only a couple of young players in that positions out there that are the real deal.
We already have Coman and we will be able to get others. 50 Million was way, way too much for him at this point.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We already have Coman and we will be able to get others. 50 Million was way, way too much for him at this point.
We payed 30m for Costa, will pay, what, 27m for Coman altogether. That's already more than 50 and we haven't come closer to solving the Robbery succession. Because both are, eventually, not good enough. That's the point. What's the use of spending 30 million on a player who is not really good enough, because 50m is deemed too expensive? Coman is nowhere near as good as Sané. We'll end up paying much more for someone else later on, you'll see.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
We payed 30m for Costa, will pay, what, 27m for Coman altogether. That's already more than 50 and we haven't come closer to solving the Robbery succession. Because both are, eventually, not good enough. That's the point. What's the use of spending 30 million on a player who is not really good enough, because 50m is deemed too expensive? Coman is nowhere near as good as Sané. We'll end up paying much more for someone else later on, you'll see.
CAF rates Coman as one of the best young talent in the world and Bayern fan is saying he isn't good enough. So is this the case of grass always greener on the other side for both parties?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
CAF rates Coman as one of the best young talent in the world and Bayern fan is saying he isn't good enough. So is this the case of grass always greener on the other side for both parties?
I need to clarify.
Coman is a great young player, he's very good. 27m for him is in no way unjustified. I'm happy to have him.
Also, (my) perception of him might be a bit down now because he's had a difficult season, compared to last. If he proves me wrong I'll be more than glad.

It's just that, to be a very top team, you need very special players. We had those with Ribéry and Robben. That's what I mean when I say "good enough".
I just do not see Coman quite at that level, while I can very much see Sané getting there.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
50 Million would net us A. Sanchez.

I'm glad we are always going for the safer/less expensive solutions and are not blowing money on someone like Sané, who could have just as easily failed.
Götze looked better than Sané at the same age.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
I need to clarify.
Coman is a great young player, he's very good. 27m for him is in no way unjustified. I'm happy to have him.
Also, (my) perception of him might be a bit down now because he's had a difficult season, compared to last. If he proves me wrong I'll be more than glad.

It's just that, to be a very top team, you need very special players. We had those with Ribéry and Robben. That's what I mean when I say "good enough".
I just do not see Coman quite at that level, while I can very much see Sané getting there.
Cheers. I very much doubt you get players like Robben and Ribery on either wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.