g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
slig acting in his usual role as ambassador for BVB and its fanbase. His doing great, as always:D
Seriously, way too many of them are just like that. I know that in England, everyone is just seeing the pretty choreos and stuff. But in reality, they are just a bitter bunch of hypocrites. Because you know its fine to buy from rising competitors like Leverkusen and Gladbach if you are Dortmund, but Bayern doing it? Don't you dare!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Seriously, way too many of them are just like that. I know that in England, everyone is just seeing the pretty choreos and stuff. But in reality, they are just a bitter bunch of hypocrites. Because you know its fine to buy from rising competitors like Leverkusen and Gladbach if you are Dortmund, but Bayern doing it? Don't you dare!
I like them being bitter, tbh. Means everything is going well for us. Long may it continue:)

Quizierda

Anyway, to turn to something slightly more worthy of our attention, did you guys see how AC Milan welcomed their new signing Sosa with a picture of him in a Bayern shirt from what must be 2008? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's quite interesting indeed. My first thought was that it could be due to their sponsorship with adidas, however, since Besiktas is also one of adidas' clients I would assume that Milan tried to avoid posting a picture of him in Besiktas' shirt simply to not get associated with Turkey in these turbulent days.

Nevertheless, it's quite funny and seems like decades ago that a player of Sosa's capability was playing for FCB considering which European powerhouse Bayern has become in recent years.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
That's quite interesting indeed. My first thought was that it could be due to their sponsorship with adidas, however, since Besiktas is also one of adidas' clients I would assume that Milan tried to avoid posting a picture of him in Besiktas' shirt simply to not get associated with Turkey in these turbulent days.

Nevertheless, it's quite funny and seems like decades ago that a player of Sosa's capability was playing for FCB considering which European powerhouse Bayern has become in recent years.
I think its more due to the fact that Milan is in such a sad state these days they buy someone like Sosa and they wanted to make it look like he's capable of anything, hence remainding people he played for us once. How things have changed since the day Sosa arrived in Munich.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
everyone is just seeing the pretty choreos and stuff.
Oh what a pity that the "clients" of the FCB never managed to do some choreos and stuff. I can smell you envy from here.

And, how was it living in NRW as a Bayern-fan? You not living there anymore, have they kicked you out with torches and pitchforks?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

I hadn't even thought of the sponsors, good point. Guess that ruled out Atletico. Just thought it funny they'd use such an old picture.

Yes, one could say it's emblematic of the developments of the last decade.

We were Sosa's first club in Europe, it was a transfer that was pretty expensive back then for us, and he was heralded as some hyper-talented young playmaker that would lead us into better times and closer to the top team in terms of talent.
He never made it into our starting 11, really, and as far as I remember his flopping ended Breitner's employment as South America scout - he's been 'club ambassador' since :lol:
We were not in a good place back then, in a kind of midlife crisis, as the desperate appointment of Klinsmann exemplifies.
The thought of being one of Europe's top 3 clubs would have seemed pretty far fetched back then.

As for AC Milan, it's the opposite. To think that in 2007, when we bought Sosa frm Argentine, Carlo was winning the CL with Milan :)

Quizierda

I hadn't even thought of the sponsors, good point. Guess that ruled out Atletico. Just thought it funny they'd use such an old picture.

Yes, one could say it's emblematic of the developments of the last decade.

We were Sosa's first club in Europe, it was a transfer that was pretty expensive back then for us, and he was heralded as some hyper-talented young playmaker that would lead us into better times and closer to the top team in terms of talent.
He never made it into our starting 11, really, and as far as I remember his flopping ended Breitner's employment as South America scout - he's been 'club ambassador' since :lol:
We were not in a good place back then, in a kind of midlife crisis, as the desperate appointment of Klinsmann exemplifies.
The thought of being one of Europe's top 3 clubs would have seemed pretty far fetched back then.

As for AC Milan, it's the opposite. To think that in 2007, when we bought Sosa frm Argentine, Carlo was winning the CL with Milan :)
Don't forget his honourable performance fighting for your colours as a knight back at Wembley though. :lol:

But you're right and as a United fan I can clearly understand you since we've made some bad experiences with South American players as well (Veron, Forlan, Kleberson, Anderson etc. etc.). Bayern has managed a great development over the past years and I'm quite interested in seeing how it will continue with UH back in charge. As annoying as KHR is, he has built a club which is able to compete with the best in Europe every year and was not afraid to spent "big cash" when neccessary and senseful.

Blackwidow

The wahre Tabelle that tries to include errors into a real table has last season's table like this:

Somehow looks like Bayern had more disadvantages and Dortmund advantages - not the other way around...

http://www.wahretabelle.de/statistik/wahretabellehistorie

Don't forget his honourable performance fighting for your colours as a knight back at Wembley though. :lol:

But you're right and as a United fan I can clearly understand you since we've made some bad experiences with South American players as well (Veron, Forlan, Kleberson, Anderson etc. etc.). Bayern has managed a great development over the past years and I'm quite interested in seeing how it will continue with UH back in charge. As annoying as KHR is, he has built a club which is able to compete with the best in Europe every year and was not afraid to spent "big cash" when neccessary and senseful.
Nothing will change with Hoeneß back in charge - he was never really out. Even the visitor list during his prison time was full with Bayern officials. The club is Hoeneß' baby since he took over the management end of the 70s. It is more interesting what will happen in five or 10 years as the old men cannot rule forever.

Last edited:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
The wahre Tabelle that tries to include errors into a real table has last season's table like this:

Somehow looks like Bayern had more disadvantages and Dortmund advantages - not the other way around...

http://www.wahretabelle.de/statistik/wahretabellehistorie
Thats an argument for the league and i accept that. Wahre Tabelle is a serious evidence.

But for all the recent finals, i stick to my opinion, final after final there were decisions only pro Buyern, and this must have an end. Video evidence might help. I mean the best example is that one cupfinal, where the clear first goal for us wasnt seen, and thatswhy the DFB get the Hawkeye or whatever it is one year earlier than they planned.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This thread is highly confusing when you have slig on ignore and can't see his posts.

Okay, it's probably the same if you see them and I'm sure as hell won't change blocking him.

Blackwidow

Thats an argument for the league and i accept that. Wahre Tabelle is a serious evidence.

But for all the recent finals, i stick to my opinion, final after final there were decisions only pro Buyern, and this must have an end. Video evidence might help. I mean the best example is that one cupfinal, where the clear first goal for us wasnt seen, and thatswhy the DFB get the Hawkeye or whatever it is one year earlier than they planned.
You mean the freekick prior to Hummels not allowed goal in the Cup final two years ago was not a referee mistake and Hummels was not offside?

For me the freekick was a wrong decision and Hummels was offside - if it would have been given that would have been wrong.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I said for the league you might be right, just what later Blackwidow showed with the good idea of having a look at Wahre Tabelle.
Alright. We're good then? Ready to talk about something else?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
For the Pokal game at Jena on Friday night, Alonso and Thiago are out too, with 'minor problems'.

With Robben, Boateng, Coman, Costa, Sanches, and Badstuber, that's eight players missing due to injury. And that's before the first league game.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
You mean the freekick prior to Hummels not allowed goal in the Cup final two years ago was not a referee mistake and Hummels was not offside?

For me the freekick was a wrong decision and Hummels was offside - if it would have been given that would have been wrong.
No, Hummels was not offside, and it was a clear goal.

I dont find a better video in that short time:
Its a pity the reason for the freekick isnt shown there.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
For the Pokal game at Jena on Friday night, Alonso and Thiago are out too, with 'minor problems'.

With Robben, Boateng, Coman, Costa, Sanches, and Badstuber, that's eight players missing due to injury. And that's before the first league game.
You really think you got to less depth for the season?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
You really think you got to less depth for the season?
If you include a realistic estimation of how many players will be out injured at any given time, based on the record of the last few seasons, then yes, I think we are just about not deep enough in a couple of areas. And I can't repeat often enough how puzzling it is to me not to have a single backup striker.

KingNick

Like i said: They are class, no doubt. BUT there were dozens of biased referee decisions who leads to a win for Buyern even if they were close to loose. Dozens of times! The list is so long.. And often it was in finals, we were betrayed in all the last finals against them. In all (Iam talking about the CL final, 2 cupfinals, and the last supercup, not the league)! And thats not funny anymore. Everyone in Germany share this opinion except fans of Buyern. But no objektive person can ignore that it was like that.

But also in the league: we were only 5 points behind them. these 5 points alone they got from the most stupid decisions
where everybody was shaking there head about. The best example is this:

If they are close to loose points, the referees often helped them.
Man, the footbal world even got a name for this effect since years: Bayern-Dusel.

And btw: Passlack made nothing but getting on Riberys nerves cause he defended so well. He wasnt provoking him in no way, this young boy got more calmness than this 33 old experienced footballer called Ribery.

This stupid referee decisions PLUS the not punished Ribery actions PLUS the diving actions of Robben, Ribery and others = its enough FFS
Nope, if you take all those wrong decisions into acount, the lead of Bayern would have been even greater: http://www.wahretabelle.de/index/index/liga/1?saisonId=205

Blackwidow

No, Hummels was not offside, and it was a clear goal.

I dont find a better video in that short time:
Its a pity the reason for the freekick isnt shown there.
Hummels was offside. Look where Hummels foot is and where the feet of Martinez are... (he is leaning even a little back, so his knees cannot be so much more in front of his shoes...)

It is always about some centimetres in which the decisions fall. And a lot you can still discuss. The decisions that did not fall for Bayern aren't discussed much after the match as Bayern won.

Last edited:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Like i said: They are class, no doubt. BUT there were dozens of biased referee decisions who leads to a win for Buyern even if they were close to loose. Dozens of times! The list is so long.. And often it was in finals, we were betrayed in all the last finals against them. In all (Iam talking about the CL final, 2 cupfinals, and the last supercup, not the league)! And thats not funny anymore. Everyone in Germany share this opinion except fans of Buyern. But no objektive person can ignore that it was like that.

But also in the league: we were only 5 points behind them. these 5 points alone they got from the most stupid decisions
where everybody was shaking there head about. The best example is this:

If they are close to loose points, the referees often helped them.
Man, the footbal world even got a name for this effect since years: Bayern-Dusel.

And btw: Passlack made nothing but getting on Riberys nerves cause he defended so well. He wasnt provoking him in no way, this young boy got more calmness than this 33 old experienced footballer called Ribery.

This stupid referee decisions PLUS the not punished Ribery actions PLUS the diving actions of Robben, Ribery and others = its enough FFS
And do you think Bayern is the sole beneficary of wrong referee decisions? Referees are human, they commit mistakes all the time and there's always a beneficary. I'm confident Dortmund has benefited from quite a few decisions themselves, just like Bayern had decisions go against them. It simply didn't impact them because they are good enough to win anyways.

There is no grand scheme to Bayern being helped. That may be a popular opinion amongst German fans, but it is more of a coping mechanism to explain the reasons for their own team not being able to compete with Bayern. Your claim that allegedly in every cup final between Dortmund and Bayern in the last few years Dortmund has been betrayed undermines that.

As for the Passlack-Riber incident: I just judged it based on the .gif you posted and in that .gif, Passlack is pulling on Ribery's jersey, has an arm in Ribery's face and reacts incredibly dramatically to Ribery's rather soft elbow, a reaction he provoked with his previous actions.
Hence, a yellow card for each player appears to be justified.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Didn't you guys have massive injury issues early in the treble season under Heynckes as well? And then suddenly everybody was healthy and firing on all cylinders just at the right time? It might be the anti-Pep curve of things that is happening right now and it might help you more in the CL. :lol:

Gazza

?? Dont know what you mean. Its obvious that all our new players will need time, you can see it clearly in the games they played for us yet. And i just want to respond to expectations that the BVB could win the Meisterschaft. FC Buyern still got more than double of the financial power than we got. Often people ignore that and ask why BVB dont win the Meisterschaft wih ease. Only the fact that Ancelotti is now in charge wont change the conditions in the league.
:confused: Huh?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

"Neuer - Rafinha, Hummels, Martinez, Alaba - Lahm, Kimmich, Vidal - Müller, Lewandowski, Ribery" is still good enough to beat easily Jena and Bremen ;)

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Coman aside, all these players have resumed training already, and are expected to be available within the next 2 weeks.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München

I have to agree with you that it's a shame that so many finals get influenced heavily by bad decisions from referees.

It's really a joke that football doesn't have video evidence. Instead of placing those idiotic goal line referess behind the goals they (aka FIFA) should just take them, add a couple of other referess and place them in a room in the stadium (call it review center or whatever) and have them look at slomos etc from the game for close decisions.
Then if three quarters (or some other arbitrary percentage) of them agree on a different decision they inform the referee via headset and et voila, you just reduced the mistakes made by referees a huge effing lot.
FIFA would also make the jobs of referees far easier, which is long overdue considering the amount of abuse and criticism they get for every small, human mistake.
Despite their great seats at the games I really don't envy them their jobs and think it's amazing how few mistakes referees actually make.
For the world's biggest sport it's just baffling to ignore the possibilities technology provides to minimize flaws in the game due to mistakes that could easily be prevented!

As an added bonus, guess what happens to diving? Gone!
If you get video evidence you see when someone dives and he gets a yellow card instead of a penalty most of the time, so it just isn't "smart" anymore to dive.

So I really have to agree with you. There should be video evidence so that bullsh*t like exaggarated diving (come on Robben ... you are such a good player you don't need that) and cnutish behaviour (can't Bayern install a punching bag for Ribery in the locker room?) just gets the card it deserves.
I want to see Bayern play hard and fast to crush the BvB and all other teams with no doubts, or what ifs? about referee calls.

PS: ... About the Buyern thing.
I get that it's frustrating that Bayern buys a lot of players from their biggest rivals in the league.
I don't like it either that the BvB isn't that close to the top of the football club feeding chain as to prevent the absolute top/suggardaddiest clubs from buying their best players year after year.

Iron sharpens iron and Bayern/the whole Bundesliga would never be as good as it is right now if Dortmund didn't light a fire under the clubs asses after Klopp took over.
Dortmund already aced the most important transfer after getting Klopp in installing Tuchel as his successor.
(Dortmund should be required to send gift bags to Mainz every day for those two coaches.)
So while it might take an annoyingly long time, I have no doubt that with Tuchel at the helm and Watzke + Zorc choosing a good successor to Tuchel when he eventually gets poached by Bayern, Dortmund will edge closer and closer to that fortunate upper echelon of elite clubs in Europe who virtually never sell their best players to other clubs unless they want to.
So come on man just drop the whole Buyern thing, it's silly.
Taxman Hoeneß and Rolex-Ralle are quite funny on the other hand, I gotta admit that. :lol:

Last edited:

Blackwidow

Pep was good - Ancelotti even better. Pepe Reina had a very high level early on and Alonso is not much worse.

But listen to Davide Ancelotti - son and now assistant coach - learning German since November 2015 abroad and now since 7 weeks in Munich...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Since the Bundesliga thread is a clusterfeck.
Bayern need Ribery to stay fit. Some of his passing was sensational.
Does Carlo speak any German yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.