FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
An already extremely likeable club got that little more likeable with this news.
I guess that is allright though since Beckenbauer didn't notice any slaves in chains in Qatar and Rummenigge never complained about his Rolex watches he received as a present in Qatar either (which he happened to "forget" to declare to German customs).
Finally a good German newbie on the rise:D
The resident holier than thou Bayern fans have been surprisingly silent on this news:wenger:

Blackwidow

The resident holier than thou Bayern fans have been surprisingly silent on this news:wenger:
Yes - as in this times that is as interesting as the so called sack of rice. As there is no other club that has sponsors from the region or as Bayern did not have a sponsor from Qatar before... And I want to see the Bundesliga club that would say no in the same situation...

The Coman injury is stupid.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
This is not the place to push Bayern news. I have been quite critical of the decision, but there’s better places for this. No need to bring it up here.

Since it’s now here: I think we shouldn’t have done it for a few extra bucks, especially since our reduced training camp down there seemed like a step in the right direction.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Joshua Kimmich has extended until 2023. Good.

Meanwhile, Jupp has basically publicly said that he'd love for Bayern to hire Tuchel. Also good :drool:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Joshua Kimmich has extended until 2023. Good.
It is indeed very good news! The one I‘m worried about atm is Alaba. Okay, he is not world class at the moment, but Bayern wouldn’t be able to find a better LB

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It is indeed very good news! The one I‘m worried about atm is Alaba. Okay, he is not world class at the moment, but Bayern wouldn’t be able to find a better LB
Alaba has a contract until 2021. I very much doubt we would let him go, if he even wants to leave. We should definitively do our utmost to keep him.
After 6 years of playing regularly for us, the guy is allowed to ponder his future, of course.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Alaba has a contract until 2021. I very much doubt we would let him go, if he even wants to leave. We should definitively do our utmost to keep him.
After 6 years of playing regularly for us, the guy is allowed to ponder his future, of course.
Does he still want to be a midfielder?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You are correct. I somehow thought his contract only runs until 2019. Yeah, we should be fine then.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Heynckes said for the first time explicitly that nothing is decided about his stay at Bayern... so maybe he will stay beyond this season after all :)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Fun fact: Lewandowski today scored his 100th goal in his 120th game for Bayern and is the player who reached that mark the fastest ever out of any Bundesliga player, even faster than Gerd Müller, who took 136 games.

Blackwidow

Fun fact: Lewandowski today scored his 100th goal in his 120th game for Bayern and is the player who reached that mark the fastest ever out of any Bundesliga player, even faster than Gerd Müller, who took 136 games.
Gerd started that as a 20-year-old in a young team that just was promoted to the Bundesliga. Lewy in best footballer age for a team that is top of the table...

------------------

Heynckes told in the press conference that Alaba just told in the interview that it is possible that he plays someday somewhere else. Just the standard.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Well, great.

So our cavalier approach at finding a new coach has led to Tuchel slipping away. I said above I was worried why Hoeness would start his "Jupp and no plan B" approach when we'd be trying to get Tuchel. Now it turns out we hadn't really offered Tuchel the job until he told us he's taking over a club, I guess Chelsea. SZ write Brazzo and Rummenigge tried to persuade him yesterday after the fact.

I'm at a loss for words right now.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
So, the top favourite for the manager job is gone. What now?

Pochettino won't happen. Who's left?
Nagelsmann? Favre? Hasenhüttl? Kovac?? Löw?

I'm for Hasenhüttl now.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I would love to try Favre. He’s not as young and fancy, but he could archieve great things
Wouldn't be opposed to Favre. I have a feeling it wouldn't work out too well, but I would be ok with giving it a try. Basically, all the above options are interesting (bar Löw whom I simply dislike). Still, at the moment I'm most impressed with Hasenhüttl.

Mensch ist der United

Supports
FC Bayern München & Bursaspor
I honestly think Bayern council is still trying to persuade Jupp into another year and that is why they are so slow on appointing a new manager. If he does not want another year, imho it will be Kovac. He is part of the Bayern family, one year of good work at Frankfurt and a friend of Brazzo. I would much more go for a guy like Favre though, because Kovac proved nothing yet. Could be a step too early.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hiring a midtable manager from the same league to replace an outgoing legendary manager. Can't remember when that happened at a big club?

Anyway genuinely haven't heard of this guy. Seems a surprising choice.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Hiring a midtable manager from the same league to replace an outgoing legendary manager. Can't remember when that happened at a big club?

Bayern have made this type of manager signing in the past. And Barca hired a mid-table manager last summer.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt

Eintracht Frankfurt are fifth in the Bundesliga.

Djemba-Djemba

Bayern could hire Moyes himself and win the league with ease next season.

Although actually, maybe Moyes is so bad he couldn't even win the title with Bayern.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Frankfurt are no more a long ball team than any other Bundesliga team, including Bayern.

I am biased though as I support EF.

Kovac has had a fantastic second full season at Frankfurt after having saved the club from relegation in 2016 (although things got worse before they got better when he took over).

Frankfurt will almost certainly be in Europe next season (probably the EL) and are in with a shout of making the DFB Pokal final for the second year running.

Kovac has done a great job that has not gone unnoticed in Germany.
I wish him all the best at Bayern.

Denis79

Used to be a coach for the croatian national team, did ok there but don't think he's ready for such a big club with equally big expectations.

el3mel

Gonna be an interesting experiment if it happened. Hopefully he won't be their Moyes. :D

Bole Top

yeah, he's done a great job with Frankfurt since 2016. he also used to play for Bayern with his brother, so he wouldn't be an outsider like Moyes was in Manchester and he actually had a good career as player, being the captain of our NT for quite a while and spent majority of his career in bundesliga, so that probably counts for something as well. at least there would be certain logic behind this appointment if it goes through.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Mental decision if true. Mind-boggling. Whoever (we all know...) is responsible deserves a packl watschn.
i wouldn't say that. Kovac did an outstanding job at Eintracht, obviously has the balls for it, and even more importantly, knows the club very well, he knows what to expect. We'll see, i wouldn't say its an awful call. Tuchel would have worked football-wise, but unless he learned a lot from his BVB experience, i'd given him 6 months max before he had clashed with either Hoeneß or Rumpelfliege. Would have been interesting to watch Nagelsmann or Hasenhüttl at the job, though.

Eintracht Frankfurt's Style of Play
  • Long balls
  • Attacking down the left
  • Aggressive
  • Play the offside trap
that either means he doesn't know how to do anything else, or he knows how to set tactics that work with the players at hand....