FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
So Tolisso, Rudy, Süle, James in and Lahm, Alonso, Costa, Sanches (loan) out. Gnabry gets loaned out immediately. I think there's one more player joining Bayern this summer, we still don't have a backup for Lewandowski.

podurban2

Is James allowed to play against Real Madrid during these two years? No, right?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bayern doesn't feck around with transfer sagas, do they? They usually wrap it up quickly.

MUFC OK

How do they always get such good deals in the transfer market? They practically took hummels, lewandowski, vidal, now james for under £100m. Theres no way madrid would have given us that deal on Rodriguez and in a way I'm relieved that we can move on from madrid targets and avoid perez and that circus all together. When it comes to MUFC they are a waste of time and resources.

Deleted member 101472

So Tolisso, Rudy, Süle, James in and Lahm, Alonso, Costa, Sanches (loan) out. Gnabry gets loaned out immediately. I think there's one more player joining Bayern this summer, we still don't have a backup for Lewandowski.
Don't you need a right back pretty badly? I'm thinking Fabinho will end up with you's

Deleted member 101472

How do they always get such good deals in the transfer market? They practically took hummels, lewandowski, vidal, now james for under £100m. Theres no way madrid would have given us that deal on Rodriguez and in a way I'm relieved that we can move on from madrid targets and avoid perez and that circus all together. When it comes to MUFC they are a waste of time and resources.
German efficiency

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Don't you need a right back pretty badly? I'm thinking Fabinho will end up with you's
Kimmich is supposed to play there, Rafinha is first backup and Tolisso and Rudy have both played that position multiple times. So i guess we're fine.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Marca are saying that we pay 12 millon for the loan and then a fee of roughly 60 million. This sounds very fair to me.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder who could replace James in two years....if only there a young player at Dortmund :o

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Real learnt nothing from the Morata situation, strengthening a direct competitor is never a good thing. Fantastic signing for Bayern

izec

Tolisso, James, Rudy and Süle sounds like a good summer for the money they have spent.

Any more targets?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There's also rumours about Goretzka joining them on a free next summer window, that'd be another amazing transfer for them.

Noc-Z

ffs
I'm having a good week, delighted with Lukaku, much prefer him to Morata. MUCH prefer!

And didn't want Rodriguez, so happy to see him go to Bayern. I don't believe we were ever in for him, just paper rubbish thankfully.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So that's 10 Million for 2 year loan and then option to buy for 35 Million rather than obligation to buy. Excellent deal for Bayern.

Devil may care

Real Madrid weren't selling for less than €70M, then Rummenigge shows up and Perez pants are around his ankles quick smart.

AshRK

Bayern have very good relationship with most of the top clubs and which is why their deal goes smoothly. One big advantage of playing in a one club league. Keep good relationship with other clubs and poach their players.

roonster09

Scout
They sold Costa for 46 Million (obligation to buy) and signed much much better player for 10 Million for 2 years and with option to buy.

Great deal. Upgrading from Costa to James and still making profit while dealing with fecking Juventus and Madrid.

RedStarUnited

Marca are saying that we pay 12 millon for the loan and then a fee of roughly 60 million. This sounds very fair to me.
Im seeing 5m a year loan and 35m price at the end. Effectively making it a 45m Euro transfer. For a player like him in this market? that's a bargain and a half.

roonster09

Scout
Im seeing 5m a year loan and 35m price at the end. Effectively making it a 45m Euro transfer. For a player like him in this market? that's a bargain and a half.
Exactly. It's a no risk transfer as they have option to buy, not obligation. So they are just ditch him after 2 years if he flops.

Jorsett

Supports
Bayern Munich
Left field signing! I thought the rumours were memes. Good deal though. Let's hope he does well.

cyberman

And some people here think James wasn't good enough for Man United :houllier: GTFO :lol:
It's almost as if both sides have different style and needs for their sides.
Funny one isn't it? If anything screams confidence in James it's the fact Bayern are getting him in on loan instad of buying him outright. It's almost as if they're not quite sure on him and are taking a low risk.

Xian

Of course he is. Why wouldn't he?
There's a PL rule forbidding loanees playing against their former club. It's the only league I know of doing this and it's against UEFA rules so...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's called delusion, denial and blind bias. They currently have a team that we can only dream of at the moment
I genuinely believe United aren't that far away anymore. Last season yes but Lindelof and Lukaku are excellent buys that will improve United. They also add the necessary physicality to compete in the CL.

RoyH1

Real Madrid weren't selling for less than €70M, then Rummenigge shows up and Perez pants are around his ankles quick smart.
You only know what the press says. We have no idea how much Madrid was asking for and how much we were wiling to pay (if at all!). It's media/agent speculation. Remember all the BS numbers being thrown around when we got Pogba? The actual amounts and deal structure we found out afterwards were very different.

Bayern were simply more interested than we were and quickly wrapped it up for a player Ancelotti knows and likes. Him being a big Adidas face helps too. Despite their big European rivalry, Bayern and Madrid have a good business relationship and sell to each other at less than Premiership prices. Remember the Kroos deal?

And some people here think James wasn't good enough for Man United :houllier: GTFO :lol:
First of all, lets see how he does at Bayern before trying to get bragging rights! Just because he's gone there, doesn't mean he's going to be successful. However I think he will do well.

In my opinion, its not that James wouldnt do well at Utd, but he's not the right player at all when we already have Mata and Miki - and we need strengthening in other areas, and we need to prioritise.

AmanNits04

What the hell!! How can Bayern be so efficient in transfer Market, Unbelievable.I hope we could be as methodical as Bayern.Since we have minuscule chances of winning Champion's league this year I'd rather see Bayern win it instead the likes of Barca or Madrid.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You only know what the press says. We have no idea how much Madrid was asking for and how much we were wiling to pay (if at all!). It's media/agent speculation. Remember all the BS numbers being thrown around when we got Pogba? The actual amounts and deal structure we found out afterwards were very different.

Bayern were simply more interested than we were and quickly wrapped it up for a player Ancelotti knows and likes. Him being a big Adidas face helps too. Despite their big European rivalry, Bayern and Madrid have a good business relationship and sell to each other at less than Premiership prices. Remember the Kroos deal?
Important aspect.

Zoo

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Either show some faith in him and pay the money or don't bother. What a fall from grace for him from 3 years ago.

dichinero

I genuinely believe United aren't that far away anymore. Last season yes but Lindelof and Lukaku are excellent buys that will improve United. They also add the necessary physicality to compete in the CL.
I'm not excited but fairly pleased with our signings but there is no denying that bar Pogba and Dave we lack that super game changing quality. I'd say we are still far off but it's not an impossible task to catch up.

RoyH1

James Rodriguez joining Bayern Munich on a two-year loan deal from Real Madrid.
I was not expecting that.
Goes to show how badly Real wanted to offload him. According to reports in Spain, he was the only player that Zidane couldn't connect with. That coupled with Isco's godly form and the rise of Asensio made it difficult for Madrid to keep him another year.

ottosec

Good deal for Bayern, but I guess that they were the only acceptable option for James and Madrid wanted to get rid of him.

Brightonian

Yes, a loan spell screams 'everyone wanted him so badly.'

It's an interesting bit of business by Bayern but I'm glad we haven't signed him. We've got two good #10s, have other positions to focus on, and he's not as good as the transfer fee he would have commanded.