g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Bayern are remarkable. Best run club in the world.

AshRK

If jose wanted him, he would have joined us. Some believing Bayern beat us to him is a pure joke.
Is he a good player? Yes
But we were not interested in him. No official enquiries ever made . I highly doubt had we made such offered, perez wouldn't have even entertained. Perez and rummenige are buddies, hence a straight forward deal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What a fantastic deal for Bayern. Ancelotti surely helped in that regard, plus who knows maybe they felt guilty after robbing them in the CL last year. :lol:

Even so, you just know we'd have been quoted 60m or something. Real seem to hate us after they screwed themselves over with De Gea.

Wonder if there's an option to buy? It's not a very good deal from Madrid's point of view if there isn't.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Actually really food deal if the numbers are true. Probably Perez felt bad about Kroos' transfer which was a steal and that they robbed Bayern in the CL semis. Jokes aside, I think Real and Bayern's board just have a great relationship.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Great deal but they were helped by the lack of interest.

MadMike

Great deal but they were helped by the lack of interest.
But what is the reason behind the lack of interest?

James is clearly very talented and while he was a bench player at RM, he did have very good impact from the bench in terms of goals & assists. He can be a marquee/marketable signing for any team too. So if teams were not interested in him it can't have been because of James, but because of the costs.

Yet Bayern's team managed to put a deal together that convinced Real Madrid to let him go while evidently reducing the cost significantly.. with the caveat that RM could have him back. They outmanoeuvred anybody who might have been interested in James the player, but didn't like the price tag.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
But what is the reason behind the lack of interest?

James is clearly very talented and while he was a bench player at RM, he did have very good impact from the bench in terms of goals & assists. He can be a marquee/marketable signing for any team too. So if teams were not interested in him it can't have been because of James, but because of the costs.

Yet Bayern's team managed to put a deal together that convinced Real Madrid to let him go while evidently reducing the cost significantly.. with the caveat that RM could have him back. They outmanoeuvred anybody who might have been interested in James the player, but didn't like the price tag.
Tactically inept, does not work both sides of the field and frustrating at times.

He is capable of the absolute sublime and stupendous at times but does not seem to understand basic fundamental tactical development and won't work both sides of the field.

I have often said he would make a perfect switch to striker, a 9.5 type, because he has an amazing shot and final pass. All the best to him, you got yourself a cracking player.

MadMike

Tactically inept, does not work both sides of the field and frustrating at times.

He is capable of the absolute sublime and stupendous at times but does not seem to understand basic fundamental tactical development and won't work both sides of the field.

I have often said he would make a perfect switch to striker, a 9.5 type, because he has an amazing shot and final pass. All the best to him, you got yourself a cracking player.
Didn't strike me as tactically inept the many times I've watched him, but he does a preference for the left side indeed. A Griezmann-style role of Support Striker or 9.5 as you put it seems to suit his skill set better. He is lethal around the box but he's not a midfielder really. More like a forward.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Honestly, the mewling quims in this thread and throughout the transfer forum, are becoming a real turn off.

Most if you cnuts never wanted James, but then Bayern sign him and a meltdown commences. Also, never heard of a two year loan deal with option to buy? Umm Tevez to United? Coman to Bayern?

I actually wanted James, but am not remotely fussed he went elsewhere. Clearly we were never in for him.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Hopefully this means we move away from 433 and finally we bought someone who is able to compete with the established players. Not the biggest James fan but that's a very good deal

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Marca are saying it's a 12 million loan + a 60 million fee after the 2 years. That sounds a lot more realistic than what the german press is saying. It's a great signing for Bayern regardless of the price though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Marca are saying it's a 12 million loan + a 60 million fee after the 2 years. That sounds a lot more realistic than what the german press is saying. It's a great signing for Bayern regardless of the price though.
After 2 years isn't his contract up? 60m would be very steep.

Varun

Staff
Great deal for Bayern but the deal pretty much proves the lack of interest in him from other clubs.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yes, a loan spell screams 'everyone wanted him so badly.'

It's an interesting bit of business by Bayern but I'm glad we haven't signed him. We've got two good #10s, have other positions to focus on, and he's not as good as the transfer fee he would have commanded.
This smells a lot like those deals only Bayern can get from Real to be honest.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real learnt nothing from the Morata situation, strengthening a direct competitor is never a good thing. Fantastic signing for Bayern
Unfortunately i agree :(

Btw, already said this, but 2 yr loan with option to buy is just an accounting trick. No way Bayern didn't guarantee to sign him

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They're buying him now. The "loan" bit is just a technicality, imo.
I agree, but I doubt they are paying 12m + 60m so 72m, no way is Bayern paying that for James IMO

Kant-ona

Who the hell is doing the deals for Bayern? They never seem to pay the big fantasy prices, they even seem to have something like a bromance when it comes to transfers, for example with Juventus.

SteveTheRed

How do Bayern do it?! Seriously can someone explain, they work the transfer market like no other team.

Varun

Staff

Btw, already said this, but 2 yr loan with option to buy is just an accounting trick. No way Bayern didn't guarantee to sign him
Yeah, that'd make a lot more sense.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I agree, but I doubt they are paying 12m + 60m so 72m, no way is Bayern paying that for James IMO
From what I understood the 12 mil is his salary for the next 2 years, 60 mil is the fee itself. It's not that inconceivable. Euro, too. Real paid about 75 for him, I think.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Why not? We're paying 41,5 for Tolisso and up to 80 for Sanches. I think the 72 million are most likely.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Exactly. James contract ends in 2019, too I think. No way does Real get rid of a guy like James for 10m euros only.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Who the hell is doing the deals for Bayern? They never seem to pay the big fantasy prices, they even seem to have something like a bromance when it comes to transfers, for example with Juventus.
Rummenige has been G14 and ECA president for close to 20 years now, thus knowing tons of people (while also having played at the highest level in Germany and Italy) and Reschke is an exceptional sporting director. Easy.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Rummenige has been G14 and ECA president for close to 20 years now, thus knowing tons of people (while also having played at the highest level in Germany and Italy) and Reschke is an exceptional sporting director. Easy.
Doesn't Branchini negotiate many of our deals?

Kant-ona

But you have to say that Reschke is rather new to your club, however, Bayern is doing fantastic business since decades. Rummenigge? Maybe you are right. I think he is the weakest link in Munich. Not the brightest and a lot of people in europe can't stand him. When it comes to business, I still think that a man like Uli H. is one of the greatest in Europe. He is something like Sir Alex for managers/presidents.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
But you have to say that Reschke is rather new to your club, however, Bayern is doing fantastic business since decades. Rummenigge? Maybe you are right. I think he is the weakest link in Munich. Not the brightest and a lot of people in europe can't stand him. When it comes tu business, I still think that a man like Uli H. is one of the greatest in Europe.
Hoeneß really was rather diametral to our efforts in the end. He never left the 80's in his head. Only when he began to step back we climbed back to the top. You are really underestimating Rummenigge here. Intelligent guy with a business sense and lots of connections. Doesn't matter what fans think if him, he's will respected within the European football elite. You are not staying at the top of the ECA for more than a decade when people can't stand you.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Well he's an agent. He stil holds no club position. There are tons of people like him
I know. But as far as I'm concerned, he is one of our most important negotiaters. My understanding is, that we contact him to close deals. Especially in Italy. So when asked who's doing our negotiating, I think his is an important name.

Kant-ona

Hoeneß really was rather diametral to our efforts in the end. He never left the 80's in his head. Only when he began to step back we climbed back to the top. You are really underestimating Rummenigge here. Intelligent guy with a business sense and lots of connections. Doesn't matter what fans think if him, he's will respected within the European football elite. You are not staying at the top of the ECA for more than a decade when people can't stand you.
You must right with this, I guess. However, it's hard to imagine that Rumgenippe is smart when you have heard the poem he wrote once for Beckenbauer. ;)

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You must right with this, I guess. However, it's hard to imagine that Rumgenippe is smart when you have heard the poem he wrote once for Beckenbauer. ;)
Funny thing is, he didn't write it. He actually stole it. :D