FC Bayern München - 22/23 - No levers, no Lewy

Godfather

Actively sabotaged themselves more than once during this season and still won the league. Kudos

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Tuchel is a lucky manager :lol:
Got top 4 with Chelsea last minute because other teams bottled it and now this.
Anyway, congrats to the mostly smug Bayern fans on the Caf (vomit immediately and now need to clean my floor).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I shudder at what's to follow, but holy hell, the club is in some state.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
League and both of them gone. That's the real treble right there.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Are they the German mafia or something?

Dortmund/others drops points exactly when Bayern needs to.

united_99

League and both of them gone. That's the real treble right there.
They’ve done a bad job. How do you manage to go from winning the CL in 2020 and playing the football they played to their current state and (for a top level) a rather average team?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Brazzo gone too apparently.

He was jumping up and down in the stadium after Musiala scored :lol:

Wouldn't put it past him that he also knew he was out of the job but the guy's passion of Bayern is deep so he was celebrating more as a fan than as an executive.

Irwin99

I shudder at what's to follow, but holy hell, the club is in some state.
I haven't followed the news at Bayern much but what's wrong with the club?

I remember Sir Alex being very impressed with how Bayern was run and he was very complimentary about the way Bayern operated.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They tried their best to not win it, fair enough

HTG

Supports
Bayern

I remember Sir Alex being very impressed with how Bayern was run and he was very complimentary about the way Bayern operated.
It was a disastrous season considering the level we're usually at. We were tactically weak, the team was badly assembled and many players didn't fit in, the transfers throughout the last years were bad and our whole communication with the media was horrible. The title is sheer luck. We've been badly managed the whole time Salihamidzic was at the club. His dismissal is long overdue. Kahn on the other hand turned out to be precisely the narcissistic egomaniac he always was. Which doesn't work if you have to lead other people.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It was a disastrous season considering the level we're usually at. We were tactically weak, the team was badly assembled and many players didn't fit in, the transfers throughout the last years were bad and our whole communication with the media was horrible. The title is sheer luck. We've been badly managed the whole time Salihamidzic was at the club. His dismissal is long overdue. Kahn on the other hand turned out to be precisely the narcissistic egomaniac he always was. Which doesn't work if you have to lead other people.
I look at team and it's still mostly young with nice solid and experienced players in 24-27 age range e.g De Ligt, Upamecano, Gnarby, Sane, Coman, Kimmich etc.

Not good enough to win CL but with a Tuchel pre season it should be a comfortable title win next year.

Need to sort the keeper situation out but is it too simplistic to say main issues were just no Lewandowski anymore with Mane turning out to be a total flop? Played better with Choupo-Moting leading line so obviously solution is to find CF with that profile but 10 years younger.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
He was jumping up and down in the stadium after Musiala scored :lol:

Wouldn't put it past him that he also knew he was out of the job but the guy's passion of Bayern is deep so he was celebrating more as a fan than as an executive.
There were voices suggesting he was the "Maulwurf" or at least part of the media leakage problem. Read stuff that some players were irritated that information form their talks to Brazzo ended up in the media

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's actually crazy. Bayern didn't allow their CEO Oliver Kahn to attend the match.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Kahn was reported as saying.

"I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it."
Or in German: Ich nichten lichten

Weird that Bayern didn't allow him to attend but Brazzo was there. I wasn't following German football during the original FC Hollywood days, but this has to be the closest to it :lol:

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
They have been talking to Eberl apparently as a replacement for Brazzo.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
They’ve done a bad job. How do you manage to go from winning the CL in 2020 and playing the football they played to their current state and (for a top level) a rather average team?
They didn't play bad against City, they just couldn't score to save their life. They only need a very good striker.
Even the points dropped in the league were because they missed too many chances.

You put Haaland in Bayern, and they probably would have won the tie against City.

united_99

They didn't play bad against City, they just couldn't score to save their life. They only need a very good striker.
Even the points dropped in the league were because they missed too many chances.

You put Haaland in Bayern, and they probably would have won the tie against City.
They need more than just a striker. They lack creativity and midfield gets easily overrun at times.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Brazzo gone too apparently.

Is Kahn's role that important to the results? I mean they won CL when he was there but I never thought of it as a result of his brilliance whatsoever.

Why do I feel like this is just politics? to me an outsider they are being run like a political party.

Last edited:

wangyu

They did pretty wel versus City despite the 3-0 scoreline or what was it. Not a bad team at all

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Squad planning has been dubious for years. Most recent example: Lewandowski leaves, only 'replacement' is Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (who has done well enough, when he was fit) or 18 year old Tel.
But sacking Nagelsmann halfway through the season while still holding all the cards must have been the breaking point. They went full on headless chicken mode, panic over planning. Had Dortmund not performed a monumental feat of failure, zero trophies would have been the deserved result.
Then there has also been an endless stream of indiscretion regarding negotiations with players and other interna.
Well run is in the past for now, not sure where the club is headed right now.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes it was a disastrous season. Something very significant must have happened between the WC and the second half of the season.
The team didn't looked like itself anymore.

In almost every match the team started strong, went ahead to than struggling in the second half. We gave 13 (!) points away after leads. The highest of all Bundesliga teams.
The team doesn't look match fit all.
Key long time injuries (Neuer, Hernandez, Choupo Moting, Davies, Mané) didn't help either. And then there were the many leaks of insides and chaotic decision in the management.

I'm confident next season we will see a much more stable Bayern again.