FC Bayern München - 22/23 - No levers, no Lewy

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
What i really, really find despicable is how it was all over the media before they even talked to him in person. Scummy way of doing things.
I second this. However, was it intentionally launched to the press or is there really a leak passing confidential information immediately to the press?
While the first is somehow despicable, the second option is, from the point of Bayern, even more concerning.

It suspiciously reminds of the leaks during meetings of the minister presidents of the federal states during the pandemic. Some where updating the journalists with text messages almost in real time.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What i really, really find despicable is how it was all over the media before they even talked to him in person. Scummy way of doing things.
I wonder if this was meant to be a kind of "you reap what you sow" statement towards him?

"Who is on site gets the information, and if he is away skiing instead of taking care of the team then this is his fault". I don't know if that's what someone was thinking and I don't really agree with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's at least part of a subconscious reasoning.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if this was meant to be a kind of "you reap what you sow" statement towards him?

"Who is on site gets the information, and if he is away skiing instead of taking care of the team then this is his fault". I don't know if that's what someone was thinking and I don't really agree with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's at least part of a subconscious reasoning.
That makes no sense either. They’re all meant to be adults here. There is no explanation that doesn’t make the Bayern board look awful and utterly unprofessional. The most likely explanation is probably is also the worst one of them all - there’s is a leak in the boardroom.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Tuchel has said he's going to try and get Anthony Barry (a coach who has been at Chelsea since the Lampard days) to move to Bayern.

Straight swap for Musiala would be acceptable, just.

Blackwidow

Tuchel has said he's going to try and get Anthony Barry (a coach who has been at Chelsea since the Lampard days) to move to Bayern.

Forget it. For his development Bayern still is a far better place than Chelsea is.

But the press conference with Tuchel (not the first part with Brazzo and Kahn) really was a blessing to listen to. I guess for Bayern it was a lot better to get the Tuchel today after his way over PSG and Chelsea than in 2018 when we were to late to get him.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

...We'll let you know. :P

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
You seem to be obsessed with Musiala.
Why did you let him leave in the first place?

Considering back then Brazzo actually wanted Hudson Odoi you should have just given him the player for 20 million instead of asking ridiculous money. He would probably have taken him and never been interested in Musiala, who was at that time considered just consolation price for not getting Hudson Odoi.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That makes no sense either. They’re all meant to be adults here. There is no explanation that doesn’t make the Bayern board look awful and utterly unprofessional. The most likely explanation is probably is also the worst one of them all - there’s is a leak in the boardroom.
What do you expect from a DoF who usually gets called Brazzo ("laddie")? Adult behaviour? I just don't ;)

And yes that does make them look awful, I don't disagree here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But the press conference with Tuchel (not the first part with Brazzo and Kahn) really was a blessing to listen to. I guess for Bayern it was a lot better to get the Tuchel today after his way over PSG and Chelsea than in 2018 when we were to late to get him.
I remember being struck by his first couple of press conferences and interviews at Chelsea too. It really made me feel like we were in the hands of a top coach and that was before he had taken charge of a single game.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Considering back then Brazzo actually wanted Hudson Odoi you should have just given him the player for 20 million instead of asking ridiculous money. He would probably have taken him and never been interested in Musiala, who was at that time considered just consolation price for not getting Hudson Odoi.
Because the kid and his family wanted to move back to Germany? Chelsea tried to keep him but he and his family were dead set on leaving. It was literally just before Lampard took over and threw a load of kids into the team, so had he waited a couple of months, we may have been able to sway him but it wasn’t to be and leaving has proven to be a better decision for him so all the best to him. I do hope returns to Chelsea one day to fulfil his childhood dream ;)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nah, you were sniffing around a load of Chelsea kids, you signed Arrey-Mbi as well. If you think you only went for Musiala because you didn't get CHO, you're doing the Bayern scouts a disservice.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Forget it. For his development Bayern still is a far better place than Chelsea is.

Tuchel has always been an excellent (in a way even charismatic) speaker, even at Mainz. It's when he has to work with other people that things go south.

Blackwidow

I remember being struck by his first couple of press conferences and interviews at Chelsea too. It really made me feel like we were in the hands of a top coach and that was before he had taken charge of a single game.
He won you the CL some months later...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

That one isn’t on Chelsea. The family wanted to move back to Germany since I believe there were work permit issues for his mom after that stupid Brexit fiasco.

The Firestarter

David Squires had this great comic when Tuchel became Chelsea manager, with Abramovich sighing to himself 'it's gonna be a looong 8 months' ^^
With Tuchel's first line being a complaint that the toilet paper is too rough, yeah remember that one.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
That one isn’t on Chelsea. The family wanted to move back to Germany since I believe there were work permit issues for his mom after that stupid Brexit fiasco.
Well so this idiotic Brexit has at least one positive outcome.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They're really not that well run, the opposition is just mostly shit and they lucked out in the early 2010s.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Please elaborate on that.
You brought in (and nurtured) a young German cohort of massively talented players who all developed to be some of the best in their positions and some of your more risky moves like the robben move paid off massively ( I remember there being apprehensions concerning his fitness).

The Bundesliga quality was going down the drain and fast so you getting your shit together in that early period and assembling one of the greatest squads ever in 2013 ensured it was a smooth ride from there as BVB your only serious rivals started getting into decline and no one else could even manage to rise up , you certainly get credit for what you managed to achieve early on and the talent you brought in but aside from that it wrote itself.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You brought in (and nurtured) a young German cohort of massively talented players who all developed to be some of the best in their positions and some of your more risky moves like the robben move paid off massively ( I remember there being apprehensions concerning his fitness).

The Bundesliga quality was going down the drain and fast so you getting your shit together in that early period and assembling one of the greatest squads ever in 2013 ensured it was a smooth ride from there as BVB your only serious rivals started getting into decline and no one else could even manage to rise up , you certainly get credit for what you managed to achieve early on and the talent you brought in but aside from that it wrote itself.
So they did not „luck out“.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Even if you just look at the two teams that won the last two CL finals for Bayern:

12/13: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Schweinsteiger, Martinez - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Mandzukic
19/20: Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Alaba, Davies - Thiago, Goretzka - Gnabry, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski

You can quickly see how stupid this "they lucked into a great squad once and rolled on from there" theory is, because you can quite clearly see that they replaced almost their entire team in the middle of their period of success.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I gave them credit for that early period but you could have given Woodward control from then on and they probably would still have the same amount of league titles. (A bit of hyperbole as he would probably fick things up too much but you get the gist)
Even if you just look at the two teams that won the last two CL finals for Bayern:

12/13: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Schweinsteiger, Martinez - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Mandzukic
19/20: Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Alaba, Davies - Thiago, Goretzka - Gnabry, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski

You can quickly see how stupid this "they lucked into a great squad once and rolled on from there" theory is, because you can quite clearly see that they replaced almost their entire team in the middle of their period of success.
Lewandowski and Thiago joined them the very next year and robben and ribery just left right before the second cl win not to mention how easy it would have been sustaining their success and replacing players with the state Bundesliga is in and not to mention, directly weaken the opposition in the process.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I gave them credit for that early period but you could have given Woodward control from then on and they probably would still have the same amount of league titles. (A bit of hyperbole as he would probably fick things up too much but you get the gist)

Lewandowski and Thiago joined them the very next year and robben and ribery just left right before the second cl win not to mention how easy it would have been sustaining their success and replacing players with the state Bundesliga is in and not to mention, directly weaken the opposition in the process.
You might have a point if they weren't also top 3 or thereabouts in Europe over that time period. And what is that second paragraph even about? So what if Ribery and Robben left right before the 2nd CL win (after already being in decline for a good while), they still had to rebuild that initial squad almost entirely and they did so winning a treble. I mean how much clearer can it be that they didn't just luck into a good squad once, than seeing that they continued that success, even after almost all of those initial players had left?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Why the hell do Germans put quotes like this, grinds my gears at work.

Oh and saying Bayern 'lucked' their way into their current success is laughable. Hate them all you want, but they build this team brilliantly from the late 00's.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Oh and saying Bayern 'lucked' their way into their current success is laughable. Hate them all you want, but they build this team brilliantly from the late 00's.
It is the grammatically correct form in German and the default on all German keyboards. But you know that already. ;)

Real Name

Isnt that a noram way of quoting? :D

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Well, blame the BL officials for not letting oligarchs and oil dictators to buy clubs in Germany.

Cause PL would look the same if it wasn't for Chelsea and cheaters City, United was supposed to follow the same path as Bayern, but got stopped by PL officials's greed that allowed people of dubious reputation to buy clubs in England.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Completely sabotaged their season with the sacking :lol:
This.

The Nagelsmann decision looked a bit off at the time. It looks terrible now.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Even when they try and let someone else win they still get the title.

BorisManUtd

Well done to them. They've been gifting it to Dortmund but they wouldn't take it.

Irwin99

Congrats to them... i guess. I know they didn't really want it this time but try to enjoy it anyway ;)