Television Fear the Walking Dead

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Aftter being total crap in s1 and the first half of season 2, the second half of season 2 was ok. Nick makes sense now, and his sister ,too. The bad and dumb character of the mogliboy turns out, i strongly recommend killing him (what is goood cause it means that it works. there are likeable characters and hateable ones, mogliboy is clearly one of the last ones). The different storys/ways of different characters are good melted together.

Very disspapointing that the series didnt focus on how exactly the civilisation collapsed and how it all started slowly, i was hoping for exactly this. But now its a good focusing on how it is in the first weeks after the collapse. Still a bit unbelievable how less walkers are around in such an area like the westcoast and mexico, but after the completly crap in season 1 and the first half of season 2 i enjoiy the current status.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Aftter being total crap in s1 and the first half of season 2, the second half of season 2 was ok. Nick makes sense now, and his sister ,too. The bad and dumb character of the mogliboy turns out, i strongly recommend killing him (what is goood cause it means that it works. there are likeable characters and hateable ones, mogliboy is clearly one of the last ones). The different storys/ways of different characters are good melted together.

Very disspapointing that the series didnt focus on how exactly the civilisation collapsed and how it all started slowly, i was hoping for exactly this. But now its a good focusing on how it is in the first weeks after the collapse. Still a bit unbelievable how less walkers are around in such an area like the westcoast and mexico, but after the completly crap in season 1 and the first half of season 2 i enjoiy the current status.
It definitely picked up in the last few episodes but is still a bit lacklustre when compared to The Walking Dead but I guess that is expected. As for your point about the less walkers - I think you could argue that as it is set generally before TWD timeline (maybe it has caught up though, not sure) it makes sense that there are not as many walkers as in TWD because less people have been killed at that point.

I agree with the disappontment in how they handled the outbreak though I guess it was probably fairly accurate that if something like that was to happen civilization would probably break down very quickly indeed - all it would take was the electricity to be turned off permanently for the world to go mental imo, nevermind a zombie apocalypse!

Having said all that, I was engaged enough at the end of the latest episode to be disappointed there was a break until we found out what happened next, so that shows I'm interested.

I hope they didnt kill off Daniel because he was by far the most interesting character in it imo

Edit: I havent watched the second half of season 2 yet if you havent noticed!

Last edited:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
What i also still miss in FTWD is what i call the beauty of The Walking Dead: in my eyes TWD has its strongest moments when they got a melancholic atmosphere in showing what comes with such an apacalypse or how it feels. Iam thinking of for example the scene where Beth finds the spoon from the Capitol in the country club. Or some of the strongest scenes: The mad women who meets Rick in the forrest. You know what i mean?

starman

I guess FTWD posts are mixed in with TWD thread, seeing as there is no activity in here. Though, not surprising as the first season was abysmal and second was not amazing either, but much improved. The third however, is pretty good, much more enjoyable than the last two, maybe three seasons of TWD.

As much i was wanted Madison to die through the first two seasons, shes gone some ways to redeem herself a bit and grew on me in the third, which is by no mean feat considering how annoying shes been.

Also there maybe a crossover coming, apparently, which could be good, as it might breathe some life back into the TWD (no pun intended)

Mal donaghy

Talking of crossovers I wonder if any characters actually will from fear edition and vice versa , like it could resurrect characters like Abraham in fear and promote into the walking dead from fear :houllier: if you follow !! The possibilities are endless.

R'hllor

I didnt watch TWD this new season and didnt watch FTWD last 2 seasons, so anyone who is watching it, is it similar to TWD, pace wise etc?

ZAGREB RED

I didnt watch TWD this new season and didnt watch FTWD last 2 seasons, so anyone who is watching it, is it similar to TWD, pace wise etc?
I would say both series are about the same pace wise, in regard to the storylines. Both can be a bit frustrating to watch in their own way.

ZAGREB RED

I see, thanks a lot m8.
I do actually prefer FTWD, I think TWD has just run it's course pretty much, but that's just my opinion, others might see it as the other way around. I think FTWD has more interesting characters overall, Daniel, Nick and most of all, Victor.

starman

Other then the 10 minute dragged out sequence (walking dead style) to prove Morgan had travelled far, it was a lot more interesting then TWD. Hopefully the show runners on TWD do not muscle their way and impose themselves on fear and ruin its momentum. Intrigued how they are going to handle the time jump

JP77

The motherfeckers killed him :(

Apparently Frank Dillane had asked for that so he could pursuit other stuff outside of the show which is the reason for it happening.

starman

I had no idea he was leaving so it was a welcome surprise (without any prior speculation)

Even so, its pretty ballsy (something TWD could learn from) to kill him instead of letting him leave within the show allowing his character room to come back. In fact FWTD has been pretty advantageous in killing off characters. (Travis, Chris, The Ranch brothers). Its one of the reasons why its a decent watch and not as stale as the TWD.

rufus diabolus

This is so much better than the walking dead in every way, I don't know whether that's because it's only season 4 but hope they keep it up. I didn't know he was leaving either, the ending was brilliant.

That said I'm a bit disappointed as he, along with Troy were my favourite characters. Hopefully Alycia can carry the show for a bit as i'm not a huge fan of Madison (still hasn't been seen in the later time jumps) and Strand. Morgan and the 2 new ones are solid additions.

Parry Gallister

Thought last series was actually pretty good, don't rate the main show at all (even if the last couple of episodes were ok). This one hasn't been fantastic so far imo, bit too comic-booky - basically a bunch of super hero types making a gang, compared to the grit and ambiguity in Mexico last series. As said above, ballsy move with the surprise, the main series would only do that in a finale.

starman

Fear going from strength to strength. Probably one of the best episodes for either show. This is easily better than TWD now

ZAGREB RED

Fear going from strength to strength. Probably one of the best episodes for either show. This is easily better than TWD now
This. I was finding a bit of a struggle to sit through TWD at times recently, I still haven't watched the last three or four episodes, not even sure I will bother now.