Federico Chiesa

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There was a Juve UCL game earlier in the season where he was class as well (scored a couple of goals IIRC) that was the first time I'd seen him play

Juve have got a hell of a player

slored1

He's like an Italian Heung Min Son. An excellent player, already convinced me at Juventus.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
There was a Juve UCL game earlier in the season where he was class as well (scored a couple of goals IIRC) that was the first time I'd seen him play

Juve have got a hell of a player
Probably vs Porto, he absolutely carried them at times during that game. He might be my favourite forward in football right now - United should go all out for him

predator

Youth NITK
He's so fast footed. There was abit of play where he was dummying the feck out of Walker and Stones and they looked hopeless. He reminds me of Alexis Sanchez when he was good but I see similarities with son as another poster mentioned.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah you could see he was very aggressive, hardworking and fast and he knows where the goal is
But was he consistent though? You'd think there'd be more buzz about him before the tournament.

NoLogo

He's so fast footed. There was abit of play where he was dummying the feck out of Walker and Stones and they looked hopeless. He reminds me of Alexis Sanchez when he was good but I see similarities with son as another poster mentioned.
Yes, that is one of the things that really impressed me about him, very quick feet and seems to be almost two footed shooting with left and right foot with almost the same precision. Very impressive player, too bad Juve already got their hands on him.

Ekeke

But was he consistent though? You'd think there'd be more buzz about him before the tournament.
He was linked with us plenty last summer but we just kept going ahead in the losing battle for Sancho. In terms of this season, he was Juventus' 2nd best attacker after Ronaldo

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz aside, there's not a single attacking player I wouldn't sell tomorrow to bring this guy to Chelsea.

poleglass red

good player, liked what I saw.He ran out of gas in the semi and got subbed, he also got subbed in final, does anyone know was he injured?

Boh

Supports
Juventus
good player, liked what I saw.He ran out of gas in the semi and got subbed, he also got subbed in final, does anyone know was he injured?
Yeah, he had some blood on his ankle during the celebrations( like Messi)

SATA

So who owns him now, Fiorentina or Juve? If it’s the former, surely United can try to prise him away? I know we already have Sancho but Chiesa is very good. If we are after the winger from the Danish league, my muppet sense tells we should really go for Chiesa instead

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For some reason I feel like SAF would have tried to buy him.

izec

So who owns him now, Fiorentina or Juve? If it’s the former, surely United can try to prise him away? I know we already have Sancho but Chiesa is very good. If we are after the winger from the Danish league, my muppet sense tells we should really go for Chiesa instead
It was a 2 year loan with option to buy. And Juve will trigger it after one year. I think he would stay there as well, even if he got offers elsewhere, as he peferred to stay in Italy going by reports last summer.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It was a 2 year loan with option to buy. And Juve will trigger it after one year. I think he would stay there as well, even if he got offers elsewhere, as he peferred to stay in Italy going by reports last summer.
Obligation to buy depending on certain criteria being met (appearances, modest success etc), and I'm pretty certain that criteria has already been met.

mav_9me

No way he is leaving Juve or Italy. Unless Juve decide to sell him for big money.

BlahRules

They are also England defenders? I don’t know what point you’re trying to make here?
It is quite clear, Chesia was easily dealt with when he was playing agaisnt Shaw and Maguire but found it better playing agaisnt Walker and Trippier.

You are suggesting England defenders meaning as a whole which is not true. He did nothing when in the first half nor did he torment the England defense when playing at the right side.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It is quite clear, Chesia was easily dealt with when he was playing agaisnt Shaw and Maguire but found it better playing agaisnt Walker and Trippier.

You are suggesting England defenders meaning as a whole which is not true. He did nothing when in the first half nor did he torment the England defense when playing at the right side.
so 1 man vs a 5 man defence found some joy when he took on some players and not others? Basically he got Italy back into the game however he did it. It’s semantics to suggest otherwise

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Either of these two flair moments would have been a sensational goal. I remember watching him in a U20 or U21 tournament a couple years back and he was phenomenal at times.

He either rolled the ankle or took a slight kick to the ankle/foot and went off shortly thereafter.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Not exactly true. He produced at least one sensational moment on the right side, missing a goal by inches (vid above). He became more dangerous when given the freedom to interchange in the front three during the second half.

Ekeke

I think we can say from his great semi final with goal and dangerous final performance that hes a big game player.

Charlie Foley

He had that great run and almost scored in the first half with Rice trying to foul him the whole way. Almost made a goal out of nothing.

Charlie Foley

Been saying it for years now and I'm glad he's showing his class at the highest level. If it wasn't for him, I'm confident England would've won the game, 1-0, he was brilliant and a real driving force.
Probably, and I think England were very fortunate he went off, he was causing real problems and it felt like when not if one would be decisive. After he went off Southgate really failed to capitalise

Charlie Foley

so 1 man vs a 5 man defence found some joy when he took on some players and not others? Basically he got Italy back into the game however he did it. It’s semantics to suggest otherwise
Yeah seriously pedantic

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
I’ve been impressed with him since the tournament started. Initially, Berardi started over him for the first couple of games, but following good cameos Chiesa rightly took his place.

What I would say is that Chiesa aside, Italy look a little threadbare when it comes to genuine quality up front. Insigne, Berardi, Belotti, Immobile really look better suited as back up options, at least the latter three.

Looking forward, they seem to have great options in defence and midfield especially, given that the likes of Sensi, Zaniolo, and Pellegrini were unavailable due to injury. All three would have been selected I’m sure.

Boh

Supports
Juventus
Is he happy at Juve?
Yes, he wanted this move since 2019. Now he's one of the key elements for the future, and all the fans love him( even if initially many didn't want him)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I’ve been impressed with him since the tournament started. Initially, Berardi started over him for the first couple of games, but following good cameos Chiesa rightly took his place.

What I would say is that Chiesa aside, Italy look a little threadbare when it comes to genuine quality up front. Insigne, Berardi, Belotti, Immobile really look better suited as back up options, at least the latter three.

Looking forward, they seem to have great options in defence and midfield especially, given that the likes of Sensi, Zaniolo, and Pellegrini were unavailable due to injury. All three would have been selected I’m sure.
How good is Sensi? I remember some buzz about him playing very well for Inter but it got real quiet afterwards. Injuries?