Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Meh, as much as I agree our midfield options are poor, I'm convinced we need to shift these bad buys out when we can. Hopefully will result in a replacement.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he leaves, it's overdue but that shouldn't mean overlook his contributions. Yes, he's limited and has had some stinkers, as all United players have done the past few years. But he has been committed to United and battled for the shirt. More than Jones, more than Memphis, di Maria, Schniderlin, Bastian, Falcao, etc.

Largely agree with this except for Falcao. He gave his all for us without a doubt. It just didn't work out.

Yeah, Fellaini is a remnant of Moyes era. It's not his fault but I just want him to go. It's like Caitlin Stark's situation with Jon Snow. You're reminded that he's David Moyes' bastard.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I can give you a generic answer:"Having him as a squad option or as a starter means we wont reach the hights we intend to."
It's amazing some of the posts I read on him. :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'll pray for Trabzonspor's' success if they take Fellaini. God surely listens to the oppressed.

My fear is this might be a smokescreen for them to put pressure on another target.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's had a few good moments but in all he's been absolutely shite and nowhere near the standard we should be striving for. Won't really be missed.

Summit

I hope he stays.
Yep I do too. I think he is a very useful option for us, and I've grown to like him. Not everything he does is great, but he has moments in games that are match winning. Granted it doesn't always work out when he plays, but I think with a manager like José he has learned his best qualities and when to use him. He may not be first team material, but is certainly a very good option should we need him.

Ban

Yep I do too. I think he is a very useful option for us, and I've grown to like him. Not everything he does is great, but he has moments in games that are match winning. Granted it doesn't always work out when he plays, but I think with a manager like José he has learned his best qualities and when to use him. He may not be first team material, but is certainly a very good option should we need him.
Agreed on all counts.
Tbh part of me wants him to stay just so see people being pissed of in the comments too.

starman

Matic will play as dm. Its only fair we also add a younger dm to learn the trade from him. We've got herrera,carrick and pogba for the box to box role/deep lying playmaker role with mata, mkhitaryan and periera for the no 10 role. Theres really little space for a 29 year old midfielder who lacks mobility, passing ability and football brains in that midfield
I can see your one of these age obsessed people, and your completely missing the point of Fellini being a utility player, but keep on banging about Matic being a DM and comparing them

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Says who?
Says anyone who watches football? Ask any of their fans you wouldn't find one that would take him. Look, he's a decent player who is sometimes effective but he's little more than a battering ram with a horribly inconsistent touch and not even as effective in the air as he should be for his size.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I seem to remember he signed a 1-year extension a few months back?

George Beast

I'm amazed some people actually think there's a chance we sell him without adding another midfielder :lol:

MILLHILLMANC

First player bought by Moyes for a ridiculous fee on the back of a bullying physical performance against us. He set off the mediocrity of the Woodward years and hopefully his departure will be a turning point.

Reactions: Sultan

M4YON

If he's Mourinho's darling as claimed by some then he would have been offered a longer contract?
He's a good squad player and has his uses (height, elbows etc) but if Mourinho can improve on him by signing someone, he will do.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Galatasaray now. Hate that club.

Can't believe it's happening though, extremely happy. His lack of ability stuck out like a sore thumb even in our worse sides post-Fergie.

Summit

He's a limited footballer. He's technically poor, lacks composure, footballing intelligence and isn't comfortable in possession. He's a good option to throw on if we're chasing a game and that's about it.
You have used he is a good option to throw on, but in your previous statement you said he is holding is back. Again, if we use as a squad player how is he holding us back?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Please be true

He's very committed but Christ he's awful. He should be sold for that miss against Madrid alone.

Dinghy

Are people actually worried that we're not gonna be able to replace him with one month left of the transfer window, and with unlimited funds to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.