Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuranoLover

I will miss him - nevertheless what people say , he was never screaming all around he wants to play more , wants more money , etc , he was just trying to do his job and when he succeeded in that , boy I was happy for him .

Hope it does not happen , because we need players who love the club , not the brand .

MILLHILLMANC

I don't think he will be sold. He is the ultimate Plan B.
A plan B we managed to survive without for 20 years whilst winning 13 league titles.

Fellaini epitomises the mediocrity which has manifested itself in the club since the Ferguson era.

Reactions: Sultan

pauldyson1uk

£10m ? He is worth more than £10m, he was ever present last season and was a big part of us winning the EL , in today's hyper inflated transfer market he is worth more.
Ideally I would of liked nearer £20m.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
£10m ? He is worth more than £10m, he was ever present last season and was a big part of us winning the EL , in today's hyper inflated transfer market he is worth more.
Ideally I would of liked nearer £20m.
He's in last year of contract.

Having said that, it'd be stupid to sell him right now. Our midfield options as of now are Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera, Andreas and Pogba. We need 6 players from three positions IMO considering Europe etc.

pauldyson1uk

The point is we don't want him here. You can't command top price for a reject. His wage is substantial as well (in the 120k region iirc), so getting that off our book is also helpful, considering his bit-part status.

We could try to squeeze a bit more out if a PL side wants him, but evidently none does.

You mean the fans ? since when does what we want make any difference and to be honest I know plenty of United fans that want him to stay.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Having said that, it'd be stupid to sell him right now. Our midfield options as of now are Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera, Andreas and Pogba. We need 6 players from three positions IMO considering Europe etc.
I doubt we'll sell him without first securing 2 midfielders

TsuWave

Only on redcafe would you find this many people actively saying they don't want Fellaini to go :lol:

"showed great character"
"can hold his head high"
"was just trying to do his job"
"offers something different"

:lol: terrible player, and this is long overdue. the minutes wasted on him are better employed developing kids like Pereira

pauldyson1uk

He is the weakest link for me, not the weakest player not saying that, his age and he was injured a few times last season goes against him, I dont think we can relay on him for a full season.

foolsgold

Not really true, we also have McTominay & Pereira who Jose seems to rate, plus the Matic deal looks close.

At a push, Jones or Blind can play in DM.

I think it'd be wrong to stand in his way if he wants to go and get some security for himself

KM

He is the weakest link for me, not the weakest player not saying that, his age and he was injured a few times last season goes against him, I dont think we can relay on him for a full season.
Yes. He's looked rubbish in the pre-season so far. He'll play the role he was playing last season, that is too come after 60 mins and steady the game when we're winning.

InfiniteBoredom

You mean the fans ? since when does what we want make any difference and to be honest I know plenty of United fans that want him to stay.
The board, the manager, you name it. Otherwise why would we apparently are letting him go for a trifling sum (in the context of the current market)?

I don't get this 'manager's pet' thing either. Jose will use whatever he has in his arsenals, he made use of even worse players than Fellaini, but that doesn't mean he favours him or doesn't want to upgrade on him. Fellaini was hardly an unquestioned mainstay in our team last year.

KM

Not really true, we also have McTominay & Pereira who Jose seems to rate, plus the Matic deal looks close.

At a push, Jones or Blind can play in DM.

I think it'd be wrong to stand in his way if he wants to go and get some security for himself
Already counted Pereira, I don't think McTominay is good enough to play senior football regularly for us. Jones and Blind hasn't played DM under Jose at all, so I wouldn't count them.

devilish

Only on redcafe would you find this many people actively saying they don't want Fellaini to go :lol:

"showed great character"
"can hold his head high"
"was just trying to do his job"
"offers something different"

:lol: terrible player, and this is long overdue. the minutes wasted on him are better employed developing kids like Pereira
Fellaini is strong and stable

pauldyson1uk

The board, the manager, you name it. Otherwise why would we apparently are letting him go for a trifling sum (in the context of the current market)?

I don't get this 'manager's pet' thing either. Jose will use whatever he has in his arsenals, he made use of even worse players than Fellaini, but that doesn't mean he favours him or doesn't want to upgrade on him. Fellaini was hardly an unquestioned mainstay in our team last year.
We dont know that, unless we have a couple of better players ( OK I know what is coming next ) letting him go is a mistake, he might be in the last year of his contract , but £10m is peanuts for him.
I also dont agree with the pet thing, but despite all the reports , I am not convinced he will be going yet.

ti vu

Now I look at other tweet about Galatasaray trying to use Fellaini to lowball another club's player then it makes sense. I meant there would be quite few PL club we can sell Fellaini to & get better offer than 10mil in this market. After all, he is PL proven & is quite in coaches' eye to carry some specific task. Moving to Turkey is big risk for him given next summer is WC. Joining a new league is always huger risk.

Last edited:

devilish

Fellaini is at his last year of contract and he's a utility player. At 29 he's hardly old. There again he's not going to improve either. Quite the contrary his mobility and his productive levels will soon start dropping. That's why its only fair for the manager to assess the situation and decide whether he will give him a long term contract which will see Fellaini ending his career with us or to let him go. Sentimentality has nothing to do with it. Nicky Butt and Phil Neville were SAF's favourites and they were way more important to us then Fellaini has ever been. However, they were allowed to leave at a similar age

devilish

Adds more credence to the rumor that Matic is basically a done deal.
Matic deal will end any United need for Fellaini. Matic is an upgrade over Fellaini in every possible way. Also if we bring Matic in then the temptation will be to add someone younger alongside him to learn the trade from him while providing the leg work needed to take the most out of Carrick/Periera.

pauldyson1uk

Fellaini is at his last year of contract and he's a utility player. At 29 he's hardly old. There again he's not going to improve either. Quite the contrary his mobility and his productive levels will soon start dropping. That's why its only fair for the manager to assess the situation and decide whether he will give him a long term contract which will see Fellaini ending his career with us or to let him go. Sentimentality has nothing to do with it. Nicky Butt and Phil Neville were SAF's favourites and they were way more important to us then Fellaini has ever been. However, they were allowed to leave at a similar age
This make sense.

SATA

I'll only believe it when i see pictures of him undergo a medical at Gala or holding their shirt with the Gala president or something

Von Mistelroum

I'm not a fan of Fellaini but we should reject that, obviously. In this market especially he is worth at least double, if not more. Added to the fact that we need numbers.
Moyesie? Get off these forums! You've been warned about this before.....seriously though, I'd be happy for him to go for free just to end the association of our club to big useless oafs like this.

el3mel

Exactly. This is our last chance to chop him out. Next year he's gonna be 30 and out of contract.

The minutes he's getting is better be given to Pereira, a younger player who still has future to improve. The service Fellaini giving us on the pitch is unneeded as Lukaku is a good target for long balls and anyway, it'll be better for us to decrease the usage of long balls as plan b. Other clubs don't have Fellaini and they are doing well.

barmyarmy

I don't think we'll sell 3 midfeilders since January and buy only one.

Out of all these seasons fellani had his best season under mourinho and was decent at times.

I think he'll stay
Jose said last season he likes to work with a small squad and the 2 players sold were not rated by our manager. Having said we are really short of options in midfield (if fellaini is sold) we will definitely sign someone.

minoo-utd

Jose loves him you can easily see that, the man has progressed very well under Jose, and he relies on him in many occasions, don't think he will be sold unless we are signing another MF.

buckooo1978

if Jose loves him why has he a contract that's expiring?

if Jose doesn't love him why haven't we been trying more actively to flog and replace (1 midfielder seems to have been Jose's target)

doesn't add up just to let his contract expire - He'd be a good signing for a load of Premier League clubs who play that type of football or want that option he gave Everton

iHicksy

I'll be happy to see him leave, but that's based purely on ability, if we had a team full of players with his attitude we'd be golden. One thing is for sure, if he comes back to OT with his new team, he deserves to be well received. He's put up with boo'ing from fans and dog's abuse but he gives his absolute all and has shown up and won us some crucial games. I've never seen him go and hide unlike some other higher profile members of our team.

Butty19

Right, so it is his fault that he starts those games? And it is his fault that he is holding us back because managers keep playing him ahead of other people. Why didn't you say, I get it now.
He's holding us back by taking up a place in the squad that could be occupied by a superior player. The same way Rooney did for the last 3 years.

RedPnutz

A plan B we managed to survive without for 20 years whilst winning 13 league titles.

Fellaini epitomises the mediocrity which has manifested itself in the club since the Ferguson era.
That's because we had a great plan A. We don't have that now.

Amir

That's because we had a great plan A. We don't have that now.
If Fellaini is plan B, we don't have that either.

The idea of him being plan B is based more on theory than anything we've seen in the past four years. As a plan B he just means we hoof the ball towards him, and rarely get anything out of it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

What's even more depressing is the amount of people that have actually settled for this level of mediocrity too. It really is bizarre. Don't want Ronaldo, don't want Bale, don't want Rodriguez, don't want Willian but please don't sell Fellaini???? Feck me.

Litch

I'm sure some on here have selective memories about players that wore a Utd shirt for many a season that actually weren't that good either. I can understand if this lad was starting each week but he's not. Also he doesn't pick himself, two managers have continued to pick him even though they didn't buy him. If Jose wanted to be a fans favourite, he had opportunities to get rid and he would have been sold but he stays.

The idea this lad is the reason we are where we are is ridiculous. Ask LVG and Jose why they have settled for mediocrity not the fans. Easily resolved, sell him buy someone else. I suspect some might have a very long wait. We can't find one midfielder much less a replacement for him irrespective of the calls for Pereira.

Last edited:

el3mel

But not this year, unless we bring in 2 midfeilders.
Last year we have Pogba, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera.

This year we replace Fellaini with younger Pereira and get Matic. That's a very good depth for me. We don't need to play 3 midfielders in all games anyway.

This will be a very good step forward for us. Instead of giving thousands of minutes to 29 years old player who knows nothing except chesting long balls upfront we'll give these minutes to a younger kid who is better technically and has higher potential. We'll also get a proper DMF.

The midfield will look much stronger than last year in every aspect if this happens.

Castia

When did Fellaini suddenly become a great plan B anyway? 9 times out of 10 when he comes on his does nothing but infuriate with his constant fouls and feck ups. The guy is a donkey, I'd prefer to let him join Galatasaray on a free this summer than see him get a new 4 year contract.

Awful, awful player easily one of the worst I've seen at United.

BarstoolProphet

Him being MoM in the EL final shows that he can be very useful at times. What's weird is that despite him being quite allright against Barca a few days ago I still want him out of the team because he is one of the main contributor to our static gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.