Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

I've seen a lot of people say that and I'm not really sure why, he seems to play an often lot.

I think he missed a lot of games last year because he was injured for most of the season. He started against Sevilla in one of our biggest games of the season and if he'd signed the new contract I imagine he'd have played in the FA Cup final too.

I think he'll get plenty of minutes.
He didn't play that much last year. Sevilla game, he started it and from that many conclude he'll play many games which is honestly absurd.

Tony247

Another torturous 2 years of Fellaini.

Does that mean not another midfielder signing?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
People keep saying he won't be starting games for us, but is that really true? No one thought Mourinho would start him in our CL match against Sevilla - after he'd been out for ages - yet that is exactly what happened and we promptly got our arses kicked out.

I bet we see him starting at times, irrespective of whether or not anyone's injured.

Good luck to him anyway, the moment he makes 1 mistake (no matter how tiny) the fans will absolutely go ballistic on him.

Any slim hopes I had that we'd be changing our style of play is being extinguished with this news.

Rajma

Yet you're the one quoting me and I didn't even say anything to you. Poor finishing? Not as poor as your crying whole damn day.
I don't get your thinking, so what if people have their own meltdown over something they wholeheartedly disagree with. Everyone sees things differently, why not argue your point - bring up some valuable stats to highlight Fellaini contributions to shut people down than simply resort to wumming.

Son Of Sam

Imagine the scenes if he renew with us :lol::lol:
I’d rather Fellaini stays. Say what you like about him but he’s a very formidable plan B player. If we had him in the cup final, we would have won against Chelsea.

Yes, he hasn’t covered himself in glory by delaying or playing cat & mouse with the club but he doesn’t throw tantrums like some of our other bench players. Fellaini knows his role & his position in the pecking order.

This is good news!

Kapardin

Still giving this the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not signing a new midfielder instead of Fellaini means we are going to have the budget to upgrade on both LB and RW. Maybe pics of Shaw's tummy on holiday have sent the club into panic mode...

Minimalist

I’d rather Fellaini stays. Say what you like about him but he’s a very formidable plan B player. If we had him in the cup final, we would have won against Chelsea.

Yes, he hasn’t covered himself in glory by delaying or playing cat & mouse with the club but he doesn’t throw tantrums like some of our other bench players. Fellaini knows his role & his position in the pecking order.

This is good news!
Aye, practically a cert.

wat

Djemba-Djemba

This is good news!
You can count the amount of times throwing Fellaini on and lumping the ball to him has worked on one hand.

It's genuinely about 3 or 4 times in 5 years.

Ban

I don't get your thinking, so what if people have their own meltdown over something they wholeheartedly disagree with. Everyone sees things differently, why not argue your point - bring up some valuable stats to highlight Fellaini contributions to shut people down than simply resort to wumming.
I'll be sure to check with you in the future how to post. Sometimes whatever you say it's drowned in complete doom and gloom here whatever the theme..

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Against Everton we were leading 1-0, comes on, concedes a silly penalty. 2 points gone. this is just off the top of my head.
Well i'd stop there then because you're not going to find anymore. It wasn't a penalty anyway his foot was grounded and the lad just ran into him, what was he supposed to do, jump 6 foot in the air and let the lad run under him ?

Anyhow, i'd have thought his semi-final goal against the same opposition would have more than canceled that from the memory bank, but obviously not

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete farce that Mouriniho is intent on keeping such garbage at the club.

Son Of Sam

You can count the amount of times throwing Fellaini on and lumping the ball to him has worked on one hand.

It's genuinely about 3 or 4 times in 5 years.
It’s worked every single time. He would have given the Chelsea defenders much bigger problems than Rashford did.

Fellaini was the reason we copped 3 points in Wenger’s last game at OT. Your fanciful players hit a brick wall but Fellaini’s header was what counted.

Fellaini has more goals against the top 6 than Anthony Martial and yet you lots criticise the Belgian every single time like a jealous ex. Get over it, he has got the United attitude in him and for that reason, it’s good news that he’s staying.

Alabaster Codify7

Our idea of catching up with City this season is to add Fred to midfield.

Liverpool's midfield, for crying out loud, massively outshone ours last season and they've added Keita and Fabinho.

Cheers, Jose. You've lost it mate. Completely lost it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Sorry, but when did he impart this grand effect on our play? did he do it in all of the 5 times he started for us in the prem? or the 11 sub appearances? The reason we would start lumping the ball to him anyway is that we were incapable of breaking teams down playing through the midfield. To place the problem at his door is laughable.
While he's here, he always gives us that option.

You're right, the reason we went there was because the 'plan A' wasn't working or good enough.

So improve the plan A. Simple.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Does feel a bit worrying that Fred is apparently the missing piece to solve our woes.
And when Fred gets injured we'll have Fellaini. The absolute state of it.

Siorac

It’s worked every single time. He would have given the Chelsea defenders much bigger problems than Rashford did.

Fellaini was the reason we copped 3 points in Wenger’s last game at OT. Your fanciful players hit a brick wall but Fellaini’s header was what counted.

Fellaini has more goals against the top 6 than Anthony Martial and yet you lots criticise the Belgian every single time like a jealous ex. Get over it, he has got the United attitude in him and for that reason, it’s good news that he’s staying.
They both scored 3 against the current top 6 teams.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Does feel a bit worrying that Fred is apparently the missing piece to solve our woes.
Our woes are poor and inconsistent performances from most our team. No one player can solve that .

That's on Jose and he should fix it . I think we have a decent midfield but we desperately needed width in our team. Fix that and we have a large part of the missing piece .

GBBQ

If getting Fellaini to sign means we can bring in a top class right winger then happy days. He's gonna be 6th choice and has been effective from time to time. He'll find it even harder to get into the team with Fred here now as well and was hardly a first team fixture last season anyway.

Stop moaning, its highly unlikely to impact our first choice team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People saying he won't start are clutching. He'll start many games. Mourinho started him in our biggest match of the season.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I didn't mind him as a player. Not ideal but does give his all. It's the fact he's just waited it out and bent us over that pisses me off.

Our idea of catching up with City this season is to add Fred to midfield.

Liverpool's midfield, for crying out loud, massively outshone ours last season and they've added Keita and Fabinho.

Cheers, Jose. You've lost it mate. Completely lost it.
Well, on the flip side they still havent addressed their biggest concern which is a keeper and to a lesser extent their back line (bar VvD).

Ban

People saying he won't start are clutching. He'll start many games. Mourinho started him in our biggest match of the season.
He won't. Others are clutching to that Sevilla game like it's a gospel. He'll be.a 5th or 6th choice.

Siorac

If getting Fellaini to sign means we can bring in a top class right winger then happy days. He's gonna be 6th choice and has been effective from time to time. He'll find it even harder to get into the team with Fred here now as well and was hardly a first team fixture last season anyway.

Stop moaning, its highly unlikely to impact our first choice team.
If he's gonna be 6th choice then his staying or leaving should have no impact on signing a right winger or anyone else.

Djemba-Djemba

:rolleyes:

Has to be a WUM

led_scholes

Well i'd stop there then because you're not going to find anymore. It wasn't a penalty anyway his foot was grounded and the lad just ran into him, what was he supposed to do, jump 6 foot in the air and let the lad run under him ?

Anyhow, i'd have thought his semi-final goal against the same opposition would have more than canceled that from the memory bank, but obviously not
You mean the game that he started, he scored but got completely outplayed in the midfield because he is a bad cm, until Herrera (who was then out of favor) assisted Martial who is going to leave now? Btw rewatch the penalty incident, Fellaini went straight ahead to him.

Siorac

He started 7 games last season. 5 in league, 2 in europe.
He was injured a lot though. He was barely fit between October and March. Judging by the season before and by Mourinho's comments, if he is fit we can expect him to feature a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.