Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You need evidence that Fellaini is a bang average player not good enough for Utd?
I certainly need evidence of all these games he has cost us. As you're so eager to talk on his behalf, feel free to step in and list them.

El Zoido

I wanted him to leave but he’s nowhere near as bad as some people here are making out. People talking about him as if he’s Ali Dia or something.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As much as I want him gone this could be the silver lining to it, I'd much rather get say Alderweireld/Sandro/Willian & keep Fellaini than no Alderweireld/Sandro/Willian because we have to replace Fellaini

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Slows our game down. Hardly scores or creates. Then I question myself. How has he been given games by Moyes, LvG, Belgium, and Mourinho. Most of us must be missing something obvious?

Minimalist

Slows our game down. Hardly scores or creates. Then I question myself. How has he been given games by Moyes, LvG, Belgium, and Mourinho. Most of us must be missing something obvious?
He can be useful on the odd occasion with real shithouse tactics - putting his big melon on the end of something. About it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes tall and we can hoof it to him when their tactics fail and we need a last resort. Only they do it far too often so refuse to fix the problem in the first place

hungrywing

There are other players at the club who in my opinion are better. They would be on lower salaries and have an upside for the future. If there are financial restraints then Fellaini could surely be replaced by many players around the world who would be free transfers?
How dare you not put your full support behind a player who always gives 100% for the shirt etc etc.

Still trying to concoct scenarios where this re-signing makes sense from more than just a 'need warm bodies' and 'can maybe get 15-20m for him next summer'. If the latter were true, then surely someone would have offered him a fat signing bonus and snapped him up four days from now...

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
There are other players at the club who in my opinion are better. They would be on lower salaries and have an upside for the future. If there are financial restraints then Fellaini could surely be replaced by many players around the world who would be free transfers?
This is also a good point. I don't mind having Fellaini as a squad player as he has proven useful. However I find the way he handled the contract situation thoroughly distasteful and wouldn't have been sad to see the back of him.

Djemba-Djemba

I certainly need evidence of all these games he has cost us. As you're so eager to talk on his behalf, feel free to step in and list them.
It's not so much glaring errors, although he's provided them too idiotic penalty against Everton, awful backpass against Leicester off the top of my head.

It's the fact that if he starts we're playing with a midfelder who can't pass the ball so we're immediately struggling to control the game, and if we bring him on he's stuck up front and we play shit hoofball to him which almost never works anyway.

Look at his performance against Sevilla in the CL this season for example. He didn't directly make any errors leading to goals but he was fecking dreadful.

His huge weaknesses are not compensated for by scoring 3 or 4 important goals in 5 years.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I find it hard to believe that United fans could turn their backs on a player who scored a PL goal every 152 minutes.

:P

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Hes tall and we can hoof it to him when their tactics fail and we need a last resort. Only they do it far too often so refuse to fix the problem in the first place
Do these last resort tactics even work? I'd love to know from stat guru.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
fantastic, now lets give Darmian a new deal as well.

Rajma

Some sense in the world after all. Those blind supporters or so called supporters need to be shut down.
Spot on, worst than those blind supporters are the ones who fail with their rubbish attempts at sarcasm and fishing, they need to be clapped down mate.

Ban

Spot on, worst than those blind supporters are the ones who fail with their rubbish attempts at sarcasm and fishing, they need to be clapped down mate.
Well I caught you it seems. Rubbish sarcasm or not.

Mate.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's a conundrum of which the greatest scientific minds in the known world have yet to solve. Still, they soldier on for all our sakes.

Brave men & women of the scientific world we salute you.

MUFC OK

I hate him as much as its possible to hate one of your own players, whilst remembering that football is just a game and appreciating that he is only looking after his own interests.

He has taken this club for a ride since he arrived and now nobody else is willing to pay his ridiculous wages demands, not to mention no elite club in Europe being remotely interested, we are caving in to this moron.

It's so ill advised of Jose to keep him at the club and he rightly deserves to fall on his sword for this kind of decision.

We are scarily heading towards another season of abject failure of which this is the most symbolic precursor.

Ban

I take it you disagree then?

You glad we've signed Fellaini up?
Im not glad I'm just not going in complete meltdown like some of you here. He probably won't even play that much but can he an option from the bench. And the funds which would be used for a new CM can be used elsewhere as they should.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Ok I will try and see the positives from this in that hopefully that means another 3 quality signings where we really need them.

Will be annoyed if that doesn't happen now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The club has said nothing, I don't believe he has signed a new deal

Bwuk

Find it very strange that he’s waiting till the 1st to make an announcement on his future, the day his contract expires.

Rajma

Well I caught you it seems. Rubbish sarcasm or not.
:lol: as if it is not obvious to anyone that all your contributions here stop at jumping around the threads with the hope of catching some anti-Jose fans with poorly executed fishing.

MUFC OK

Fellaini played less than 20% of our league season (although still managed 4 goals). He has little impact on our overall style of play over the season. Changing him for another £40m+ bench option isn't going to make us play like City.
why do we need that option? do Madrid, City, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG do not have a target man to lump balls up to when they need a goal. the fact none of them would sniff at him on a free says it all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do these last resort tactics even work? I'd love to know from stat guru.
Worked exactly as intended against Arsenal tbf! And he has had his moments as much as I hate him. But people talk about him as if hoofing the ball is the only way to chase a game, forgetting how we did it for years with Sir Alex or how every other big side does it. Theres a time for long ball when chasing the game, but that's usually last 5 minutes and you just throw a cornerback up there when all other tactics fail. That's what annoys me with Mourinho and having Fellaini. Just resorts to long ball so early.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well at least the comments on United twitter account when the announcement is made will be priceless. :lol:
This:lol:

It might crash to be fair.

Hope Jose takes his lover boy with him when he fecks up and gets the inevitable sack.

Djemba-Djemba

Im not glad I'm just not going in complete meltdown like some of you here. He probably won't even play that much but can he an option from the bench. And the funds which would be used for a new CM can be used elsewhere as they should.
I've seen a lot of people say that and I'm not really sure why, he seems to play an often lot.

I think he missed a lot of games last year because he was injured for most of the season. He started against Sevilla in one of our biggest games of the season and if he'd signed the new contract I imagine he'd have played in the FA Cup final too.

I think he'll get plenty of minutes.

Minimalist

I've seen a lot of people say that and I'm not really sure why, he seems to play an often lot.

I think he missed a lot of games last year because he was injured for most of the season. He started against Sevilla in one of our biggest games of the season and if he'd signed the new contract I imagine he'd have played in the FA Cup final too.

I think he'll get plenty of minutes.
Didn't really last season. Just seems to play in inappropriate games more so (e.g. Sevilla).

Ban

:lol: as if it is not obvious to anyone that all your contributions here stop at jumping around the threads with the hope of catching some anti-Jose fans with poorly executed fishing.
Yet you're the one quoting me and I didn't even say anything to you. Poor finishing? Not as poor as your crying whole damn day.

Djemba-Djemba

Didn't really last season. Just seems to play in inappropriate games more so (e.g. Sevilla).
Only because he was out injured for most of it. If he'd stayed fit he'd have played a lot I think.

Like I said, I think if he'd signed the new contract last season he'd have played in the Cup Final.

AshRK

Fellaini has his uses and I actually wont hsve been this pissed had he signed his deal this Jan, but the fact that he has been keeping the club and fans in the dark and acting as if he is some big shot and then we after all that give this idiot a contract hurts me.

Anyways what's done is done, one good thing this does is, now Jose has even less excuses. Do or perish and take your lover boy with you. I am also someway glad he did not join arsenal as he surely would have got them some important points.

Status
Not open for further replies.