Fellaini watch | Retires

E-mal

We shouldn't have sold him :(
look at how happy he is, in life youve got to be where you're wanted else you cast a frustrated figure regardless of the financial benefits.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Well, it looks like those videos confirm what we all suspected: covid makes you a better footballer.

Time to airlift Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard and Dalot into the good ole US of A and let it work its magic.

Foxbatt

He was instrumental in us winning the EL for sure. Ajax never got close to him.

Idxomer

Nothing wrong with that, he was his manager for a long time.

Revaulx

Nothing wrong with that, he was his manager for a long time.
Indeed. Moyes’ management of him in the brief time they were together at United was atrocious though. He played him as a DM where he was awful; I’m sure fans would have been a great deal less hostile to him if he’d been played in his Everton position from the start.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Indeed. Moyes’ management of him in the brief time they were together at United was atrocious though. He played him as a DM where he was awful; I’m sure fans would have been a great deal less hostile to him if he’d been played in his Everton position from the start.
It was flabbergasting that after managing him at Everton, that he had no idea how to play him.

I don’t even know what role Fellaini was meant to be playing half the time.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It was flabbergasting that after managing him at Everton, that he had no idea how to play him.

Exactly. Thanks to Giggs and Co, for not letting him play upfront either. I remember reading something about Giggs telling that this is not the United way.

Moyes had no balls to go against that either.

Revaulx

The whole Moyes episode was flabbergasting. I was dead against his appointment and wasn’t expecting that we’d win anything with him as manager, but I thought he’d have no difficulty reaching whatever minimum expectations the board had set (presumably CL qualification). He’d always appeared hard-nosed and pragmatic; I certainly didn’t expect him to be flailing around in a totally clueless manner.

Chairman Steve

Oh god his signing is bringing back PTSD. The fecking double bid for him and Baines and how it was ‘derisory’ to Everton. Chasing Fabregas and Bale and being lead up the garden path. Woodward leaving the Australia tour for ‘urgent transfer business’ and then signing him in the dying minutes of deadline day when we could have got him for much cheaper earlier.

Josh 76

Oh god his signing is bringing back PTSD. The fecking double bid for him and Baines and how it was ‘derisory’ to Everton. Chasing Fabregas and Bale and being lead up the garden path. Woodward leaving the Australia tour for ‘urgent transfer business’ and then signing him in the dying minutes of deadline day when we could have got him for much cheaper earlier.
Today’s problems seem like a dream compared to those dark days!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Just leaving this here to boil some piss.

The glory years!

Josh 76

Except nothing changed.

We're as competitive now as we were then.
Since Moyes took us to 7th, we have won 3 trophies, twice runner up in the league and have signed some world class players. We are in a much better position than that time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Could you imagine Moyes and Young Ed trying to sign Ronaldo :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In hindsight, he really wasn't a bad player for us, he was just more a symbol of our decline than anything else.

stevoc

Except nothing changed.

We're as competitive now as we were then.
Well we're hardly dominating English football these days but at least coming 2nd-3rd and comfortably qualifying for the CL is better than coming 7th and not being able to beat virtually any team in the top half of the league.

Hoof the ball

I honestly believe that Fellaini is a very useful weapon to have in any squad. Especially in an age of tactical variations, you need plan A's and plan B's, and if you couldn't break a low block, if you couldn't get out from a high press, someone like Fellaini was a very useful tool in a tactical move. There was that period under Mourinho where Fellaini would sit in the final third to the left channel and we'd hit high balls to him and the opposition just couldn't manage it. Yes, he wasn't a superb ball-playing midfielder, but in certain contexts he did things better than other players could.

ROFLUTION

I honestly believe that Fellaini is a very useful weapon to have in any squad. Especially in an age of tactical variations, you need plan A's and plan B's, and if you couldn't break a low block, if you couldn't get out from a high press, someone like Fellaini was a very useful tool in a tactical move. There was that period under Mourinho where Fellaini would sit in the final third to the left channel and we'd hit high balls to him and the opposition just couldn't manage it. Yes, he wasn't a superb ball-playing midfielder, but in certain contexts he did things better than other players could.
Never have a post fitted better with the user name posted from :D (I agree)

Hoof the ball

Never have a post fitted better with the user name posted from :D (I agree)
:lol: I get that a lot. The username was supposed to be somewhat ironic since I'm a massive Cruyff and Sacchi fan, and not at all in favour of the old British air raid approach, however, I'm a lot more pragmatic than I used to be. If you're any one thing, you can be stopped easily, but if you're great at multiple approaches, you can leverage your squad to take advantage of games which don't play into your plan A.

edgecutter

He was a very important player in our Europa League winning campaign. He totally fecked up Ajax's pressing by being a target man for us. Was he good enough, no, he wasn't, but he always tried and you have to respect him for that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could you imagine Moyes and Young Ed trying to sign Ronaldo :lol:
To be fair to him he had Toni Kroos over the line. Then LVG cancelled the deal :(

Fellaini scored some clutch goals for us, he wasn't the type of player we'd probably want in attacking positions but he sure could be effective for late seiges.

El Jefe

The Moyes era was such a mindfeck. From seeing Scholes bossing midfields a year before to having Fellaini ambling about with his elbows in midfield was just too much for me to accept.

Looking back, he was far better than a lot of the dross that's played here since but he was the first in line of the long list of players who should never have never been here.