Fellaini's best moments

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I will continue to find it bizarre that we let him go without getting any replacements. I hated that we didn't have a plan A under Mourinho, but there is no doubt that more often than not he was an effective plan B.

Here's hoping the youth academy gives us a replacement.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Rather sad the reaction still from a lot of our fans towards him. While not everyone liked him, he scored some crucial goals for us, and even if style wise he isn't what a lot of people wanted to see at United, he was still a fairly key member to the team for a while.

criticalanalysis

Unfairly scapegoated as the symbol of all things gone bad post Fergie. Echo what most have said already, limited but absolute professional on the pitch.

stevoc

Not so long ago Fellaini scored that late winner vs Young boys and Jose celebrated by kicking the shit out of some bottles. I doubt many would have imagined that only 9 weeks later both would be gone.

Just goes to show how quickly things in football can change.

The skills.

The composure.

The intelligence.

The commitment.

And of-course the elbows.
Goodbye ,Fellaini.
It's been a blast.

Posh Red

Watching some of the videos in here I have to say he gets a hard time from the refs now and again. I mean Wilshire took the piss really but gets away with it because he’s small. At the same time, he’s earned his reputation and the elbow on the city player is a perfect example of one of his unprovoked attacks.

I feel that during his time here he gradually improved his conduct but continued to pay the price for his former crimes. Not a typical united player, but fair play to the guy; he managed to play at the highest level and probably overachieved in respect to his skill level. Maybe if Jose somehow lands a decent job he could find himself back in Europe again some day!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Some good memories in this to be fair:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Over the last few years we've had many players delivering far less: Di Maria, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Depay, Pereira, Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Bailly, Valencia (lately), probably a couple more. Rooney, in fairness. Sanchez too, at least so far.

You could also add some evidently better and more important players nowhere to be found when the chips were down.

Poster boy of failure for some clearly, but far from being in any way responsible for our failings.

Good luck Marouane. Poor Chinese defenders won't know what hit them.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This the worst moment.
That was his point. That one worst moment. Not that we ever had Jones scoring a Puskas contender of an own goal, or our 75M striker finding the wrong net in a derby, list could go on and on...

TheRedHearted

Could show some respect lads, he’s off.
Hoped we would see him in CB once. That time Herrera was there it should of been Fellaini.

Anyway- his best moment? Idk. I remember us being grid locked a couple times and Fellaini winning it for us. A great sub.
His one best moment- Europa league goal? Think it was extra time. Could have sworn it was the Europa league- we were almost out and he did the job.

I actually think with the lack of depth in CDM this was a big mistake (considering we didn’t sign another defensive midfielder, or anyone even though we’ve proven we lack depth in our squad).

I think not signing anyone this window was a big mistake. If we want top 4 we needed one or two players. We should have aimed to loan these players or have bought Pulisic.
Oh well!
I truly think not having Fellaini will bite us in a game or two. Having him mark Hazard in the Cup could have helped us and given a rest to Herrera or Matic.

Farewell Fellaini. Despite all the hate you gave it all to the red and gold crest on that chest of yours. So long!

Loublaze

ATLien
Unfairly scapegoated as the symbol of all things gone bad post Fergie. Echo what most have said already, limited but absolute professional on the pitch.
He was a professional dirty player alright. Are we forgetting how many times he lost his head and risked getting shown reds for unnecessary rough plays? A lot of that stuff was just downright disgraceful, including the recent hair pulling incident with the Arsenal player. Anyway I won't derail his appreciation thread.

Last edited:

Ban

The winner vs Young Boys to get us to next stage of CL.

The goal in second leg vs Celta to get us to final.

The dominant performance in EL final which saved our season.

The assist to Mata by his chest in the equalizer vs Palace in Fa Cup final.

The opening goal vs Everton in Fa Cup semi final.

The second goal vs Hull in EFL cup semi final.

The winner in dying minutes vs Arsenal in the league last season.

And also this goal which is definitely his best in United's shirt :

Great post. Unfortunately most here are posts with videos of his fouls and some lazy jokes about him leaving.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Of his 22 goals, around 6-7 are from Young assists and at back post. He did particularly well for us in cups and played key role in FA cup and Europa winning campaigns. His goal vs Young boys this season is the reason we are in knockouts this year.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we banned everyone who insulted him here, we’d raise the average posting level of the forum massively.
There are far more worthy hills to die on than this, and resorting to Ad Hominem to try and justify your position on Fellaini of all people just isnt worth it.

You rate him, it doesnt make you misguided, a top red, blind, blinkered, or ignorant, you just appriciate him for what ever reason you do.

I cant stand him, because I think he is a talentless clogger who has been stealing a living from us for five and half years and has been responsible for some of the most lazy and inept perfomances of any United player in recent history. What ever good things he has done have been cancelled out by the countless non performances he put in.

You appreciate ciate him the few good things he has done, i cant stand him for far larger amount of shite things he has done, different perspective is all.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There are far more worthy hills to die on than this, and resorting to Ad Hominem to try and justify your position on Fellaini of all people just isnt worth it.

You rate him, it doesnt make you misguided, a top red, blind, blinkered, or ignorant, you just appriciate him for what ever reason you do.

I cant stand him, because I think he is a talentless clogger who has been stealing a living from us for five and half years and has been responsible for some of the most lazy and inept perfomances of any United player in recent history. What ever good things he has done have been cancelled out by the countless non performances he put in.

You appreciate ciate him the few good things he has done, i cant stand him for far larger amount of shite things he has done, different perspective is all.
Well get out of a thread that is thanking him for his good work for Man United and use the ample forum threads to criticise him then.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well get out of a thread that is thanking him for his good work for Man United and use the ample forum threads to criticise him then.
I believe everyone is thanking him in one way or another. I am surely thanking him for leaving. He could have easily dug his heels and remained at OT till the end of his contract. TBH its a win win situation. He'll be playing at his own level while we've got a very average player off our salary.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I liked him when he was at Everton and I've liked him whilst he's been one of ours. I know he's not a silky-skills player, but he's made a difference on several important occasions and as others have said, he always gave it his all.

I'm sorry he's gone, I think he was always a decent and different option to have on the bench.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I believe everyone is thanking him in one way or another. I am surely thanking him for leaving. He could have easily dug his heels and remained at OT till the end of his contract. TBH its a win win situation. He'll be playing at his own level while we've got a very average player off our salary.
I’m going to remind everyone at this point you once claimed you have at least two screens on when watching united because you are too intelligent to watch just one thing, that wouldn’t be able to hold your interest.

Darkhorsez

You are easily the most miserable na d negative poster on the Cafe. Congrats man, that’s a huge win considering the state of this place over the past few years! We fully get your point of view in multiple threads and comments. How about giving it a break for a bit.

devilish

I’m going to remind everyone at this point you once claimed you have at least two screens on when watching united because you are too intelligent to watch just one thing, that wouldn’t be able to hold your interest.
What does that has to do with the thread? Anyway I don't remember me saying so.

What I did said is that I sometimes post on redcafe while watching the game. That's called multitasking which is something most people can do.

devilish

You are easily the most miserable na d negative poster on the Cafe. Congrats man, that’s a huge win considering the state of this place over the past few years! We fully get your point of view in multiple threads and comments. How about giving it a break for a bit.
Actually I've been over the moon for the past 2 months or so, especially yesterday.

Member 113277

My favourite moment?

We've just gone 1-0 down to Palace, Pardew did his stupid dance, the TV commentator says 'it's Palace's FA Cup to lose'. Rooney runs through their defence, puts in a great cross. Fellaini rises majestically and chests it down to Mata, goooooal. There was much more water to run under the bridge, but that moment was when the tide turned and to win a trophy after a few years of nothing was a great feeling.

Milo2035

I think his best period for us was that 6 games winning run we had under Van Gaal, that got us top 4 while outplaying the likes of city liverpool and spurs.
He was pretty good for that short period.
Second that. He and Herrera were top class in that run. Sad it didn't last long.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What I did said is that I sometimes post on redcafe while watching the game. That's called multitasking which is something most people can do.
Its called technology and multitasking. My line of work allowed me to develop an analytic eye. I can observe and do many things at once. In matter of fact I find it difficult to focus on one thing at a time these days
What does that has to do with the thread? Anyway I don't remember me saying so.
What it has to do with the thread is that some people may come on here and wonder where you get your opinions and now it’s a little easier to see the kind of poster you are.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
My favourite moment?

We've just gone 1-0 down to Palace, Pardew did his stupid dance, the TV commentator says 'it's Palace's FA Cup to lose'. Rooney runs through their defence, puts in a great cross. Fellaini rises majestically and chests it down to Mata, goooooal. There was much more water to run under the bridge, but that moment was when the tide turned and to win a trophy after a few years of nothing was a great feeling.
Oh man, I forgot his involvement in that goal, I just remember being absolutely furious at that dance. He was an integral part of that FA Cup win.

IAmAWinner

How many penalties did he actually have away, because I still see people calling him a liability in our box. Only remember one against Everton.

My favourite moment was his performance against City in 2015. Scored a goal and pissed on their midfield.

devilish

What it has to do with the thread is that some people may come on here and wonder where you get your opinions and now it’s a little easier to see the kind of poster you are.
Which is exactly what I said. Still, I don't see how anything of that is related to Fellaini in anyway possible.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Actually I've been over the moon for the past 2 months or so, especially yesterday.
Over the last two months we’ve hired a manager that is a club legend, won eight games of footy in a row. Gone through to the next round of the cup. Created more chances than any other team.

Yesterday we sold fellaini, a player who has been an important part of our trophies in the last few years and THAT moment is the happiest you’ve been supporting our club.

You literally don’t get football. You don’t get that is supposed to be joyous and filled with good memories. Your vision of football is based on hatred and wanting to constantly win and win without any time for appreciating those who got you there.

devilish

Over the last two months we’ve hired a manager that is a club legend, won eight games of footy in a row. Gone through to the next round of the cup. Created more chances than any other team.

Yesterday we sold fellaini, a player who has been an important part of our trophies in the last few years and THAT moment is the happiest you’ve been supporting our club.

You literally don’t get football. You don’t get that is supposed to be joyous and filled with good memories. Your vision of football is based on hatred and wanting to constantly win and win without any time for appreciating those who got you there.
Erm do you know how to read?

Let me break it to you then

"I've been over the moon for the past 2 months or so" - which means I have been happy since Ole was signed and therefore prior of Fellaini leaving.

"especially yesterday" - ie I found out that one of our top players signed a new contract + one of the deadwood is leaving.

I'm looking forward to summer as more deadwood will probably be shown the door. Darmian, Rojo, Jones...........happy days.

You might not notice but one of the first things that our club legend, who won eight games of footy at a row did was selling Fellaini. That speaks volumes about how good the player is.