Gaming Fifa 11

Domzi

Can't believe online clubs is completely fecked. Absolute rip off.

Supports
Barcelona
Its definitely more challenging than Fifa 10, or other football games. Whether that translates to being a challenge to you, only you can decide.
I didn't play FIFA 10, but I'll take your advice and try this myself

Well i said "fairly comfortably". I won my pre-season games and then beat Chelsea in the Community Shield on pens after a 0-0 draw. Then i beat Wolves 3-0 in my first PL game but got beat 1-0 by West Ham and then 2-0 by West Brom then beat City 2-0 and i'm languishing in mid-table. So it's definitely a challenge. Plus i have the board difficulty set to Pro so i'd probably have been sacked by now if it was on WC too.

There is also Legendary difficulty but i don't reckon i'm ready for that yet.
Ah, well that sounds more promising then.Cheers

Aporkalypse

Anyone else finding that Hernandez is fecking brilliant on this game considering his overall stat is so low?
I noticed that United had sold Berba to Milan on my player career, and it turned out that Chicharito was topping the scoring charts in the Premier League!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I hear "Argentina" chants at Old Trafford. This irks me.
Yes, "we are the famous CFC" gets frequent outings at Old Trafford aswell...gay. Also, what's with the weird subsitution loading thing where it shows four of the opposing team husling up as if they're preparing for an American football play, while the crowd slowly disappears into some sound vortex?

I swear certain parts of this game are worked on by people who've never watched a football game in their life.

On the plus side, just played Chelsea in the Charity Shield. Essien cut inside Fletcher, and played a ridiculous through bal in behind my fullback...it looked exactly like that one he actually did play in the Charity Shield, which just made it seem really cool.

alastair

ignorant
To be honest, one of the best parts of the game is that you can't just batter sides home and away. Also, home and away form actually differs. I find it quite hard to win away, and I haven't scored more than 2 goals in 90% of the games. Legendary is an actual challenge.

BezsMaracas

What formations do you use with United? I think I'm just shite at this, struggle to score on World Class mode in a lot of games, never mind Legendary. Tried several different things but the default 4-4-2 seems better than anything I try.

Ekeke

Havent played as United a lot yet as I've mostly been working on my virtual pro career. He's played for Watford and now Barcelona. But, 4-4-2 should suit United down to the ground with Fletcher a tackling machine and Scholes' passing. Valencia also has a high crossing stat so Rooney and Berbatov should get on the end of plays. Also make sure to bring Hernandez off the bench after an hour or so when the opposition are tiring. He's rapid and can finish well.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
To be honest, one of the best parts of the game is that you can't just batter sides home and away. Also, home and away form actually differs. I find it quite hard to win away, and I haven't scored more than 2 goals in 90% of the games. Legendary is an actual challenge.
Yea, I've noticed this. In previous FIFAs you would forget you were playing home or away, whilst you just crushed everyone in sight.

Definitely struggle away from home now. Teams attack you with far more ambition and put you under alot of pressure. I've been knicking my aways 1-0, and usually finish the games playing defensive or sometimes ultra defensive.

What formations do you use with United? I think I'm just shite at this, struggle to score on World Class mode in a lot of games, never mind Legendary. Tried several different things but the default 4-4-2 seems better than anything I try.
The default 4-4-2 is hard to beat. Works well, though I wish Rafael would attack more down the right. Might have to change that, as I think the default formation has the right back playing as an O'Shea type full-back, defensively solid rather than marauding.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Legendary mode is a challenge. I struggle to even create a chance and usually lose games by the odd goal.

World Class mode I'm finding ok at the moment, though I seem to be able to keep scoring the same goal over and over where I just play a one two between the two forwards and run across the centre back...pretty much exactly how I used to always score on Fifa10. It doesn't work on Legendary mode though.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Legendary mode is a challenge. I struggle to even create a chance and usually lose games by the odd goal.

World Class mode I'm finding ok at the moment, though I seem to be able to keep scoring the same goal over and over where I just play a one two between the two forwards and run across the centre back...pretty much exactly how I used to always score on Fifa10. It doesn't work on Legendary mode though.
I play on World Class as well, for the time being anyway. I'll bump it up soon I reckon.

I seem to be scoring alot from crosses. No doubt the crossing has been improved. You seem to be able to get alot of pace on the ball, and the forwards make decent realistic runs for the crosser. But I am scoring alot from them.

Might be because I'm using United though, and regularly find myself crossing with Valencia, Nani, Rooney or Fletcher, all of whom seem to put in a mean ball. Be interesting to see if I have more success on legendary.

Pronewbie

Peep
I play on World Class as well, for the time being anyway. I'll bump it up soon I reckon.

I seem to be scoring alot from crosses. No doubt the crossing has been improved. You seem to be able to get alot of pace on the ball, and the forwards make decent realistic runs for the crosser. But I am scoring alot from them.

Might be because I'm using United though, and regularly find myself crossing with Valencia, Nani, Rooney or Fletcher, all of whom seem to put in a mean ball. Be interesting to see if I have more success on legendary.
Any tips on crossing then? Are you on semi, auto or manual?

Woodzy

Use crossing on manual. It's probably the easiest of the manual settings, and with a bit of time and space you can hand a chance to your strikers on a plate.

I actually suggest putting everything on manual. Far more of a challenge, but not as frustrating as previous games. (Saying that, I put shooting on Semi, feck that for a laugh)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Great news.

Ekeke

The question has been raised a few times, but its been lost in all the replies so I'll ask once more. Does anyone want to bother with a redcafe xbox team?

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Do any of you know how to actually dribble the ball? I mean it's all well and good passing the ball around patiently and waiting for a gap to appear, but sometimes i just want to take defenders on and i fail miserably every single time. Do you have to use the tricks?

Lance Uppercut

It is becoming obvious that asking questions in this thread is pointless.

Ekeke

Do any of you know how to actually dribble the ball? I mean it's all well and good passing the ball around patiently and waiting for a gap to appear, but sometimes i just want to take defenders on and i fail miserably every single time. Do you have to use the tricks?
Depends on who you are playing as. If you're someone like Busquets who can hold off a challenge while he runs with the ball, you can dribble with just well timed directional changes and the sprint button once in a while. If your player isnt strong and doesnt have good balance you may have to evade challenges with a tap or a hard pull on the right stick to knock and run

KingCantona87

Really enjoying FIFA 11 so far and I'm loving the AI in it too. Too often on the older FIFAs it became easy far too soon but at the moment I'm playing on World Class and its realistic in the sense that the big guns (Chelsea Barca etc) are very difficult to break down.

I recently played Liverpool in Career mode and the game was so exciting to play. This goal from Rooney made me literally jump in the air for joy!

Manchester Utd 2 – 0 Liverpool | EA SPORTS Football

SirAF

Ageist
In the online menu it says that my firewall is "restricted", could anyone guide me how to "open" it? As I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this.