Gaming Fifa 11

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
God damn full manual is fecking solid.

Ekeke

Good to see free kicks have been tidied up in this version
(compared to 08, the last one I bought). Just managed to flight one in brilliantly with massive swing :D

Also, I can't get enough out of 'be a pro' mode. Just infuriating that when have have a goals to game ratio (with 8 games played) of 1+ I'm not getting selected.

On that, though, I've noticed that the AI will give me a rating of 1.2 after some games, especially after I've bagged a brace. I've then been promptly benched for a week. cnuts.
Keeping your position, and boosting with goals, nets you really high performance ratings online or offline. If you're all over the pitch just ignoring the indicators you might get a low rating even if you score a couple.

Flying Fox

Keeping your position, and boosting with goals, nets you really high performance ratings online or offline. If you're all over the pitch just ignoring the indicators you might get a low rating even if you score a couple.
I have noticed this has some sort of bearing. The first few games I was all over the place but now I'm just hanging off the last man and that seems to be less of an issue now.

Ekeke

I have noticed this has some sort of bearing. The first few games I was all over the place but now I'm just hanging off the last man and that seems to be less of an issue now.
Yeah you just need to time your runs and make sure you bust your ass trying to get to the right position if the indicator has a couple of arrows. Its fine wandering if you call for a pass and receive it but then as soon as you release the ball again, you need to get back in the optimal position

Ekeke

Bojan is annoying. I'm trying to complete the 20 assists from ground passes accomplishment and its fairly simple with David Villa up front. Just play the ball into feet and have him run the defender and score often. Then after an hour Bojan comes on and misses everything.

I guess its realistic though as he's getting more game time than Ibrahimovic.

beardsleybob

It has a huge bearing when youre a midfielder. You lose the battle entirely if you dont know where to be and how to anticipate tackles with just the one player. You slowly get a handle on it though and i could probably do a good job even without the indicators now

Flying Fox

It has a huge bearing when youre a midfielder. You lose the battle entirely if you dont know where to be and how to anticipate tackles with just the one player. You slowly get a handle on it though and i could probably do a good job even without the indicators now
Is that what the white-ish arrow is? Always wondered what it was for. I'm playing on a Ps2 mind you.

beardsleybob

Is that what the white-ish arrow is? Always wondered what it was for. I'm playing on a Ps2 mind you.
Think its orange on the xbox360 never really noticed the color :p

but it doubles when you get really far away from your position

Flying Fox

Think its orange on the xbox360 never really noticed the color :p

but it doubles when you get really far away from your position
Yeah. My brother's started a save on it as well.

Daft cnut didn't know what he was doing, thought he was in control of everyone (in be a pro, remember)...tired himself out...red arrows everywhere...falling behind on the scoreboard...swearing quite loudly.

All the while I'm sitting next to him, mind you :lol:.

Turns to me and says "This game sucks" to which I reply; "You're only meant to control one player in this moder remember? The one you created at the start is your guy."

"Oh...."

Carl

Nice to see this game still has the ability to send me into an absolute rage due to it's fecking annoyingness at times.

Right now, I preferred the WC game.

Brocky

Finding more and more bugs now and it's becoming a joke.

I've switched my pro from a CB to a midfielder to improve my passing but i only have the option to be a CDM or CAM and not just CM. This means that when i play in a formation at CM i'm losing stats as i'm not playing in my designated position.

The offside coding is terrible with players on the opposite side of the field being pulled when they are clearly not interfering with play.

Player switching is poor.

Teammates rarely make runs when you press L1.

Was in a penalty shootout and i hit the post, the ball bounced out but then hit the keeper and rolled in but the goal didn't count.

Getting a constant static sound from opponent's mic's that sounds like a helicopter.

Crashing/freezing during or just after club games.

Club games being very slow and your player being very unresponsive.

Typical EA i guess. :rolleyes:

Carl

Yeh the offside and the player responsiveness in online game modes is really what's irked me the most.

Ekeke

I've switched my pro from a CB to a midfielder to improve my passing but i only have the option to be a CDM or CAM and not just CM. This means that when i play in a formation at CM i'm losing stats as i'm not playing in my designated position.

The offside coding is terrible with players on the opposite side of the field being pulled when they are clearly not interfering with play.

Was in a penalty shootout and i hit the post, the ball bounced out but then hit the keeper and rolled in but the goal didn't count.

Getting a constant static sound from opponent's mic's that sounds like a helicopter.

I think if a penalty hits the post in a shootout, then its a miss. And what stats are you losing by picking defensive midfield and box to box, or attacking midfield and box to box? Your overall as a CM might be a point less but whats it matter when your rating in the role you selected is fine? And you have the option to adjust your stats to be more attacking or more defensive by picking AM or DM. Cant see a problem with it

The only match gameplay issue I have is with team mate AI in Player career. As with the previous versions of of Be A Pro, all your team mates are clueless and you still have to do it all yourself.

Brocky

I think if a penalty hits the post in a shootout, then its a miss.
Even if it comes off the post and hits the keeper's back and goes in? You sure?

And what stats are you losing by picking defensive midfield and box to box, or attacking midfield and box to box? Your overall as a CM might be a point less but whats it matter when your rating in the role you selected is fine? And you have the option to adjust your stats to be more attacking or more defensive by picking AM or DM. Cant see a problem with it
So if when Gran Turismo comes out the cars only have 2 gears but the performance is pretty much as it should be then that's ok? Or when the next FPS comes out i'm supposed to be able to be a sniper but all i can be is a regular grunt but i can still just pick up a sniper rifle, that's ok too?

I'm not usually one for moaning and, granted, it's hardly game breaking....but it's still a bug. One of many on a still growing list.

It just really pisses me off that we, as loyal, cash paying gamers, get constantly palmed off with half finished products. It's getting worse all the time and EA are probably the worst for it.

If EA come out and fix these bugs then fair enough....somehow though, based on previous experience, i can't see that happening.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Is it only me who thinks some of you lot take this game waaay to seriously?

It's a game. The vast majority of people who buy it probably play it on it's default settings and are probably kids...Just saying like.

Member 39557

I've only played a handfull of games, but I noticed this and it annoyed me.

beardsleybob

Try the right stick instead of L1

Sw33t

Argh.

I gotta agree with what others have said about player career. Playing as my virtual pro, not been selected in like two months now. Not even for league cup games. I got pre-season friendlies, got at least a rating of 9 in every game, and the community shield. Nothing since. How boring is this shit.

Skip match

Advance

Skip Match

Advance

repeat repeat repeat.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've been picked for pretty much every game so far, bar being exhausted.

Lance Uppercut

Argh.

I gotta agree with what others have said about player career. Playing as my virtual pro, not been selected in like two months now. Not even for league cup games. I got pre-season friendlies, got at least a rating of 9 in every game, and the community shield. Nothing since. How boring is this shit.

Skip match

Advance

Skip Match

Advance

repeat repeat repeat.
Overdoing the realism, there. I started a career as Berbatov, skipped a few pre season friendlies.....left out of the charity shield. Left out again. And again.

I binned it and started again.

Ekeke

Played player career twice, once with Eikrem and once with my pro. Didnt take long to establish myself as a main choice in either game. A few matches missed at the beginning with my pro sure, but whats 2 or 3 matches in a 12 year career? ... So now I'm captain of Barcelona and free to keep any player out of the side depending on which position I change my Pro to. From Messi to Abidal.

Ekeke

Even if it comes off the post and hits the keeper's back and goes in? You sure?

So if when Gran Turismo comes out the cars only have 2 gears but the performance is pretty much as it should be then that's ok? Or when the next FPS comes out i'm supposed to be able to be a sniper but all i can be is a regular grunt but i can still just pick up a sniper rifle, that's ok too?

I'm not usually one for moaning and, granted, it's hardly game breaking....but it's still a bug. One of many on a still growing list.

It just really pisses me off that we, as loyal, cash paying gamers, get constantly palmed off with half finished products. It's getting worse all the time and EA are probably the worst for it.

If EA come out and fix these bugs then fair enough....somehow though, based on previous experience, i can't see that happening.
All for the sake of it coming up on screen saying "CM" instead of "AM" ? It doesnt actually change your stats. If you're on the bench you'll still be brought on to play central midfield. So there's no big deal on that one.

There's the same thing with trying to set a player to left or right winger. You have to pick forward right/left or midfield (winger) right/left. When I've picked forward right/left Barcelona have continued to pick me as a central striker. When I picked midfielder right/left I was picked on the wing.

Brocky

All for the sake of it coming up on screen saying "CM" instead of "AM" ? It doesnt actually change your stats. If you're on the bench you'll still be brought on to play central midfield. So there's no big deal on that one.

There's the same thing with trying to set a player to left or right winger. You have to pick forward right/left or midfield (winger) right/left. When I've picked forward right/left Barcelona have continued to pick me as a central striker. When I picked midfielder right/left I was picked on the wing.
Re-read my post.

It's the principle of the matter and it's that kind of "ah well, it's not a major bug, we'll work around it" attitude that has made the gaming industry so cocksure that it can put out unfinished and poorly tested games these days. I'd love to have a job as a games tester because by the looks of things you do nothing all day.

That is simply just one more bug on a huge list. Have you played the game? It's riddled with them. I'll list a few;

Players appearing to shake hands and request shirt swaps with their own players after the match.

Terrible offside programming.

Players vanishing in manager mode (still!).

Not fulfilling objectives in manager mode but still getting a "congratulations on fulfilling your season objectives" e-mail and not getting the sack.

Players warping around in the arena.

Subbing a player in as keeper when yours gets sent off or injured results in the new keeper having his outfield kit on.

Game stutters/freezes for periods for no apparent reason.

Young, high potential players who are playing regularly are having negative growth.

Facing the same teams every time in the cup.

The usual online lag/slow gameplay/getting dropped from games/EA servers going down kind of problems.

These are the ones i have experienced first-hand so far. There are plenty more reported by other people.

This makes it a poor quality product and this is what pisses me off.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I think the reason sports games are riddled with bugs it's the fecking obsession with releasing a new game every year. Couldn't they work for a few years solely on a new and dramatically improved game and just release squad updates?

Certainly won't happen as they would lose a huge amount of money with that. Most people who play these games buy them every year despite of the bugs. But one year is not enough to make a flawless game, you can tell that by looking at the average amount it takes to produce other "types" of games.

As much as we still have loads of fun playing these games the fact is that the improvement on quality on the PES and FIFA series is dramatically low when compared to other games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone else find themselves singing along to pretty much every song already?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think the reason sports games are riddled with bugs it's the fecking obsession with releasing a new game every year. Couldn't they work for a few years solely on a new and dramatically improved game and just release squad updates?

Certainly won't happen as they would lose a huge amount of money with that. Most people who play these games buy them every year despite of the bugs. But one year is not enough to make a flawless game, you can tell that by looking at the average amount it takes to produce other "types" of games.

As much as we still have loads of fun playing these games the fact is that the improvement on quality on the PES and FIFA series is dramatically low when compared to other games.
They make a shitload of money out of it - why change it? People still buy it anyways

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's this 'Fastest Goal - Arena' thing on the menu? I have the fastest out of everyone I have on my friends list. 1.56 seconds. Is that straight from going to the arena any time? Or how long it took each of us to score our first ever arena goal?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The only thing that's bugged me so far is that I had to create a new user to play online. Apparently it's really hard to allow people from Iceland (amongst many other nations) to play online. Not to mention that buying a game in Europe doesn't allow you to play it at your home in USA, or vice versa. I mean what if people move continents? It's really not user friendly.

Brocky

Ultimate Team is going to be free and out in November
Well that's decent of them to be fair. Seems as though you will be able to play friends this year too which is a bonus.

There is definitely a whiff of a veiled attempt at an apology for the poor state that the game was released in though, don't you think?

Ekeke

Well that's decent of them to be fair. Seems as though you will be able to play friends this year too which is a bonus.

There is definitely a whiff of a veiled attempt at an apology for the poor state that the game was released in though, don't you think?
No not really. Since the last game came out with a far more broken manager mode where your players dissappeared.

Other than the negative growth and some dissappointment at the team mate AI in player mode, I'm extremely happy with the game. Especially the gameplay. Some issues with the out of match modes, but I've never known a (playable)football game that didnt have a whole bunch of issues. So I'm not expecting one now. Aside from the negative growth, none of them ruin my enjoyment.

The gold packs will still cost I'm sure, so its not all free. But we'll still be able to enjoy ultimate team without buying them

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007

i heard its only free to save them updating for 8 months or so

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
this game freezes or disconnects ALOT
but its still a wonderful game when you start getting decent at it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So, after a few days of playing, it turns out this game is in fact quite shite.

Play one two on half way line, run through, score, repeat over...win every game, get sacked from Career mode for being a point off the top with a game in hand....shite, and not even a patch on WC2010 gameplay wise (you could actually score different types of goal on that).

You're all weirdos.