Gaming Fifa 11

MalibuKen

I must say I kinda agree.

Playing the computer is about as fun as lopping your arm off.

I've been playing PES2011 on the PC (patched with proper kits, teams and logos etc) and the Master League is far better. Far far better.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I must say I kinda agree.

Playing the computer is about as fun as lopping your arm off.

I've been playing PES2011 on the PC (patched with proper kits, teams and logos etc) and the Master League is far better. Far far better.
The Master League is the reason i'm getting PES again. I do have FIFA as well but i've not been impressed.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't understand how they've managed to cock it up so much in less than six months, despite changing so little? The World Cup game was actually fun to play on single player. As soon as you get used to the "Pro passing" this is just the same repetitive shite over and over. I've already literally no desire left to ever play it again.

Also, when I play online it'd probably be at a mates or my brothers, which unless they buy the game I can't actually do without purchasing several EA "online licences" or whatever....I mean, seriously.

Half tempted to try and trade it in for PES on Friday, but I don't think I'd get away with that.

Carl

I don't understand how they've managed to cock it up so much in less than six months, despite changing so little? The World Cup game was actually fun to play on single player. As soon as you get used to the "Pro passing" this is just the same repetitive shite over and over. I've already literally no desire left to ever play it again.

Half tempted to try and trade it in for PES on Friday, but I don't think I'd get away with that.
Just flog it on ebay. You'd get at least £30 for it.

Jacob

How is it being a GK Jacob?
It's great fun when you're performing because you're in the limelight.

Need to be patient though, some games you don't get to do much.

Quick reactions and anticipation is key to being a good GK. Feeling of making a great save is much better than scoring.

Just played an 11on11 game online and got MotM as GK with 9.1 in rating :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Also, when I play online it'd probably be at a mates or my brothers, which unless they buy the game I can't actually do without purchasing several EA "online licences" or whatever....I mean, seriously.

It's a great game.

Ekeke

It's a great game.
Wont stop people complaining even though thats true. People like to complain, even if they have to come up with issues that nobody else has with it.

Having said that, a patch to fix negative player growth and a few minor issues is necessary. There's no reason to think that wont come at this point.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's a great game.
It's shit. It was interesting for about a day. Then I figured out that I could score the exact same goal, again and again, even on the most difficult setting, and that I found myself being forced to play the exact same passing moves every time I had the ball, and that I could do this regardless of which players/team I selected or played against, since they're all exactly the same, which makes it completely pointless and dull as feck. And on top of that, things that are either completely unrealistic or which make absolutely no sense keep happening.

I genuinely don't get what anyone in this thread is on about. It's just, well...crap.

You're all very easily pleased, or just really crap at it, or something. It's not really moved on from 08, in the sense that you don't in any way control what happens...you just get better at knowing what is going to happen. How on earth does that remain interesting once you sus it out? It's like watching the same episode of Eastenders over and over, and still thinking it's amazing after the 200th time.

amolbhatia50k

It's shit. It was interesting for about a day. Then I figured out that I could score the exact same goal, again and again, even on the most difficult setting, and that I found myself being forced to play the exact same passing moves every time I had the ball, and that I could do this regardless of which players/team I selected or played against, since they're all exactly the same, which makes it completely pointless and dull as feck. And on top of that, things that are either completely unrealistic or which make absolutely no sense keep happening.

I genuinely don't get what anyone in this thread is on about. It's just, well...crap.

You're all very easily pleased, or just really crap at it, or something. It's not really moved on from 08, in the sense that you don't in any way control what happens...you just get better at knowing what is going to happen.
You just expect too much from games in general. And have a deep dislike for FIFA I feel. Fifa 10 was already a very good game, I'd expect the next big change to be 12 or 13. It's how it works. When PES was at the top of their game, they barely changed anything for a few years. Then when they changed too much they messed it all up.

These games are launched yearly, so don't expect too much to change, there's going to be an overhaul every 3 years or so. PES is doing all the work right now because they have to. Otherwise they'd also be making tweaks for a few years.

Scholesgoals

So last night doing random turkish league i got bucaspor.

Guess who was in my team?!!?!

MANUCHO!!!!!

and yes, he scored two total belters and we won 2-0

hahahahaha

amolbhatia50k

Wont stop people complaining even though thats true. People like to complain, even if they have to come up with issues that nobody else has with it.

Having said that, a patch to fix negative player growth and a few minor issues is necessary. There's no reason to think that wont come at this point.
Sports games always have a feel of 'sameness' after awhile. It's natural. It's a game after all. It does have patterns in it. The day games reach a level of complete non repetition will be when they are almost real.

I've just got it a few days back but I'm sure they'll fix it. So far so good.

amolbhatia50k

What team do you guys like to take in career mode apart from United, as in amongst the smaller teams?

Brocky

Thanks for sharing your opinion that i'm a bug fabricating, moaning cnut. I'll remember to do you a similar favour if the opportunity arises in the future. :rolleyes:

I completely agree that the actual in-match gameplay is great....but the countless bugs, whether you want to believe that they are there or not Ekeke, really sour what could be a fantastic game.

I definitely don't agree that there is no variety in how you can score goals though. That's completely down to the way you play.

I just beat Chelsea (online) 4-1. Here are two of the goals.

Chelsea 1 - 4 Manchester Utd - Rooney | EA SPORTS Football

Chelsea 1 - 4 Manchester Utd - Berbatov | EA SPORTS Football

The other two goals came via a Vidic header from a corner and Rooney pickpocketed Cole as he was bringing the ball out of defence and slotted it in the bottom corner.

Minkaro

Still waiting. :mad:

The Asda site said it was "fully despatched" on Monday, so with the two day delivery it should be here. If it doesn't come this afternoon I shall not be a happy bunny, or any other variety of bunny.

amolbhatia50k

You're all very easily pleased, or just really crap at it, or something. It's not really moved on from 08, in the sense that you don't in any way control what happens...you just get better at knowing what is going to happen. How on earth does that remain interesting once you sus it out? It's like watching the same episode of Eastenders over and over, and still thinking it's amazing after the 200th time.
YOU don't like it. There's no need to mock people who do. At least let them form their own opinion instead of playing the 'I'm the only one who sees sense' card, and trying to drill your opinion into their heads.

amolbhatia50k

What's that? :(

Good point Brocky, about HOW you play. I felt there wasn't enough variety in FIFA 10. This time, a few games into the league season, I've scored 4 or 5 very different goals. Hope it continues.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You just expect too much from games in general. And have a deep dislike for FIFA I feel. Fifa 10 was already a very good game, I'd expect the next big change to be 12 or 13. It's how it works. When PES was at the top of their game, they barely changed anything for a few years. Then when they changed too much they messed it all up.

These games are launched yearly, so don't expect too much to change, there's going to be an overhaul every 3 years or so. PES is doing all the work right now because they have to. Otherwise they'd also be making tweaks for a few years.
Nah, I liked Fifa09 apart from the shitty career mode letting it down. It's just that it's STILL all so systematic. There's no actual freedom or control over the gameplay at all, and as a result it gets repetitive and boring as soon as you suss it out, which in this case took about two days. They really should have moved on from this linear stuff a long time ago now, and I don't understand how internet people don't get bored with it very quickly. Everyone I know thinks it's shit...I've had the piss ripped out of me for even buying it.

PES has been shite for a few years but in its prime, you felt like you were in control of what was going on, rather than just pressing buttons at the right time, which is what made it fun...plus the Master League dicked all over anything any Fifa or any other football game has ever come up with in terms of single player. Fifa tries too hard to simulate a realistic football season, but then cocks it up with idiotic errors and pointless nonsense...which could be easily resolved, but which they never bother to get rid off or iron out (and yet insist on pretending they have every single year :confused:)

If I had a hatred of the game I wouldn't end up buying it most years. I simply don't get it, it's as if people are kidding themselves into thinking it's what they hope it is. The only actual dislike or resentment I have for EA or Fifa is this more recent thing where you buy the game, but then have to pay more money to play all of the modes on it, or if you want to play it online using a mate's account...Do people actually do this? if so, they're even bigger mugs than I am.

Ekeke

What team do you guys like to take in career mode apart from United, as in amongst the smaller teams?
So far I've only used Watford, but Brentford are another team I tend to use. With the negative player growth I havent been much into manager mode yet, just played and simmed one United season, then simmed another new game for a season to see if the same issue came up.

Knowing that the issue will impede my ability to have fun in manager mode, I've been playing and upgrading my pro as much as possible. I didnt give it much of a chance in Fifa 10, but for some reason I find it really addictive this time around. And personally I find it very challenging to get some of the specific accomplishments, especially on world class, when you dont have a player with 80s in most of his skillset and such.

Anyway, as soon as they fix that issue in manager mode I'll be playing as United, Watford, Brentford, Valencia and then look to play right from the bottom.

Carl

Anyone had any issues with Game Face? Can't get it to work. I've downloaded the add on but now there's just a blank box that slows down my browser.

Carl

I'll give you a game if you want. I've only played 3 or 4 games and 2 of those were full manual.

Carl

What happened?
Crashed/froze. Again. I'd get used to it if I were you. I don't know how far you saw, but I went down the left and your keeper saved a shot. It froze up after that.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
noodle...I agree in the main it hasn't changed drastically from 10, or 09, or in fact, stylistically from 08, but all this nonsense you keep going on about how you aren't in control and you score the same goal over and over is nonsense...or maybe YOU'RE just really shit at the game and only able to score one type of goal. Has that occurred to you? or is it much funnier to keep claiming everyone's a stupid sheep and only you (and you're friends of coure) have sussed the one way to keep scoring the same goal which infuriates you but which for some baffling reason you keep doing, thus continuing to both perpetuate your singular opinion and frustrate you at the same time.

You can score a myriad of different goals on this game...As many in fact as the great PES's of the day, and while I don't think it's as good a game as PES 5 was (relative to the time) I think there is a whole load of complete nonsense chatted about it ... This mythical "one goal" being one..and since you've also been complaining about things like unrealistic transfers, I assume you were just as pissed off that in PES you had to play with a team called Man Red who had Von Nostrelguy up front.

Everyone I know thinks it's shit...I've had the piss ripped out of me for even buying it.
I think this is a more logical reason for your sudden violent about turn in opinion.

I do agree it's a flawed game and no great leap forward by any means...but you're talking complete nonsense noods...and then claiming anyone who doesn't agree is obviously an idiot...That's a bit fecking rich.