Gaming Fifa 11

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So IGN have given Pes a much higher rating than Fifa. Interesting.
And so much for all that 'Fifa have bought over all the reviewers' nonsense that Spammy keeps talking about.

Ekeke

So IGN have given Pes a much higher rating than Fifa. Interesting.
And so much for all that 'Fifa have bought over all the reviewers' nonsense that Spammy keeps talking about.
Thats IGN in the U.S

IGN uk gave Fifa a higher rating than PES.

But if you think the Yanks know their football, go for it.

SirAF

Ageist
I believe you have to go into Windows firewall and allow the game in the allowances list.
Cheers, I'll see what I can do.

I just wish that EA would focus on making this game flawless online :( That's about the only mode that's fun in the long term.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Anyone else finding that Hernandez is fecking brilliant on this game considering his overall stat is so low?
I've found him very useful off the bench. United overall I've struggled with. We're not well rated on this game at all, I don't think.

Best youngsters on the game, anyone? i.e. players that improve throughout career mode, like Hernandez.

Has anyone played a few seasons and come across some gems?

BezsMaracas

I've set an Xbox club up and sent out some invites to people I have on my friends list. Club name is 'Red Republik FC' if you want to search and add yourself.

Flying Fox

I've found him very useful off the bench. United overall I've struggled with. We're not well rated on this game at all, I don't think.

Best youngsters on the game, anyone? i.e. players that improve throughout career mode, like Hernandez.

Has anyone played a few seasons and come across some gems?
Macheda?

Grows pretty fast, gets into the low 90s within 5 seasons (i think)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just got it!!

First game I was United against City and honestly I was bored.

Second game I was Spurs away at Anfield at night in the rain, and it was fantastic. The speed of the ball on the turf made a huge difference. That was a lot of fun.

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
Bloody annoying why they leave an option to turn Pro passing assistance on when playing online, it's defeating the purpose as to why they put pro passing in the game in the first place.

Every player I've come across has it switched on making alot more difficult.

Ekeke

A couple of strange transfers. Ibrahimovic is at Barcelona in my player career season 2. Also Hleb has come back from his loan and plays regularly. And I've just seen Agger signed by Liverpool from Arsenal.

Also I see a lot of posts on the net about player growth bugs in manager mode. I'm not the only one who has young players with potential playing often, but getting negative growth.

Ekeke

Had to find my mic, havent had live for a year or two. Should be sorted now though and if you play a second match, I'll see if I cant join.

alastair

ignorant
A couple of strange transfers. Ibrahimovic is at Barcelona in my player career season 2. Also Hleb has come back from his loan and plays regularly. And I've just seen Agger signed by Liverpool from Arsenal.

Also I see a lot of posts on the net about player growth bugs in manager mode. I'm not the only one who has young players with potential playing often, but getting negative growth.
Ronaldinho went back to Barcelona on mine. Kalou went to United :lol: and Cambiasso went to Wolfsburg. At least transfers are being made though - the problem with career mode previously was that the further you went into it, the more ridiculous it became. You would improve, but no other side bought any players and they just stayed the same with older players.

Maestro Minded

I'm just using the default settings, whatever they are.

You still have to power and direct it. I think the key is getting your crosser a bit of space in the first place. I use the right analogue stick for that, to knock it into a bit of space.
I've played FIFA since 96' but this is the first time i'm trying things on "manual"
damn, it seriously feels like a totally different game. i can make precise through balls, my biggest problem right now is my passing percentage (~60%). its so damn difficult with the accuracy. and off course i'm not exactly a clinical sharp shooter, but i have no problem with that, because in real life, thats exactly how it is.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Inter signed Seb Larrson on mine!

Carl

Got this game yesterday. It's good but i'm disapointed. Regular shooting has improved but it's still really easy to score screamers from outside the box or simply finesse finish it into the top corner.

I'm going to have to switch to all manual settings too (which is someyhing i've never done) as, once again, it's piss easy in single player. I was hopng to not have to switch to, manual settings as hardly anyone online uses manual.

Carl

Just had my first ever game on manual. Played as United against Accrington. Drew 0-0, dominated the game but only had 1 shot on target! :nervous:

It's much better though, I wish i'd discovered that you could actually alter the settings previously!

SirAF

Ageist
What's the fastest goal you've scored on arena mode? Mines 1.83 at the moment, trying to catch up with a mate who's on 1.63 :eek:

Maestro Minded

Just had my first ever game on manual. Played as United against Accrington. Drew 0-0, dominated the game but only had 1 shot on target! :nervous:

It's much better though, I wish i'd discovered that you could actually alter the settings previously!
what difficulty are you playing in?

go to training mode and play 11-vs-keeper, just to to learn to shoot on target

Hitchcocker

EA clocks it, when you go to single play they show you some statistics...

manual on legendary?... damn, im struggling on pro/world class
I can win on professional but World Class is just insane. It's like facing a brick wall. Must you learn and use trick moves when playing on World Class onwards or you pass your way to a goal on FIFA?

Carl

I can win on professional but World Class is just insane. It's like facing a brick wall. Must you learn and use trick moves when playing on World Class onwards or you pass your way to a goal on FIFA?
Just passing really. I rarely use tricks. I use the pass and move button very reguarly. In fact, the only trick I use that actually works for me is the fake shot. You can usually engineer a bit of space to get a shot off with that.

Having said that though, on manual/legendary i'm struggling to even get to the edge of the box!!

Maestro Minded

passing your way...

That's what I love about fifa, simple play is always easier than using trick moves, just like in real life. Especially when you're playing on legendary, pass your way, take your time and lace a through ball... I use trick moves only when facing my mates, because they're obviously easier to fool than the Xbox AI, and its humiliating ;)

Carl

Woooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo just had my first shot on full manual on legendary against a decent team. First time in 3 games :lol: It went wide like, but I don't care. Progress :D

acnumber9

I see long balls to pacy strikers is the new tactic of choice online. I was playing a guy yesterday who was Inter who constantly passed the ball back to his defence or keeper just so he could kick it long for Et'o to chase. I don't see how people get enjoyment from that.

RonaldoVII

What's the fastest goal you've scored on arena mode? Mines 1.83 at the moment, trying to catch up with a mate who's on 1.63 :eek:
Mines 1.63 :cool:

I see long balls to pacy strikers is the new tactic of choice online. I was playing a guy yesterday who was Inter who constantly passed the ball back to his defence or keeper just so he could kick it long for Et'o to chase. I don't see how people get enjoyment from that.
That's often our main tactic in the PS3 club :D We have Solius and Makki up front who are both pretty quick and strong so just launch it up to them as default defenders are weak and slow. It's the air through balls that cause people problems as most teams have one person controlling the whole defence too.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I've seen a lot of that as well. Shocking. Almost defeats the point of career mode!

Has anyone created a team yet? How good are your likenesses on your players? Struggling to make mine like the actual person.

Hitchcocker

Just passing really. I rarely use tricks. I use the pass and move button very reguarly. In fact, the only trick I use that actually works for me is the fake shot. You can usually engineer a bit of space to get a shot off with that.

Having said that though, on manual/legendary i'm struggling to even get to the edge of the box!!
Sorry for sounding like an utter noob but when you refer to the move button, is that the left analog stick or another button? Because I was told that you could control another player off the ball to set him off on a run but I've yet to discover that ability yet. :nervous:

Carl

Sorry for sounding like an utter noob but when you refer to the move button, is that the left analog stick or another button? Because I was told that you could control another player off the ball to set him off on a run but I've yet to discover that ability yet. :nervous:
When you pass press LB or L1 (depending on console) whilst powering up the pass and the player that passed will make a forward run.

Flying Fox

Good to see free kicks have been tidied up in this version
(compared to 08, the last one I bought). Just managed to flight one in brilliantly with massive swing :D

Also, I can't get enough out of 'be a pro' mode. Just infuriating that when have have a goals to game ratio (with 8 games played) of 1+ I'm not getting selected.

On that, though, I've noticed that the AI will give me a rating of 1.2 after some games, especially after I've bagged a brace. I've then been promptly benched for a week. cnuts.