Gaming Fifa 14

Nanook

I love Fifa 14 on my PS4 but does anyone else's game randomly close down and kick you off back to the main start up page? Enough times to be incredibly annoying it let's me play a game and then after it's finished and about to save the progress it randomly flashes up error and I have to load up Fifa again from the start up page. I've got the latest update but it's done it on and off from when I bought it shortly after release, it's completely random but just when I think it's ok it goes and does it again. For the £50 or so they charge for the game it's pretty crappy to have to deal with and really takes the fun out of it at times of you've just pulled off a beautiful comeback only for it to be meaningless.

To add to this I've had two Dualshock 4 controllers, both costing about another £50 each, where the rubber thumb grip on the left analogue stick has just ripped away on them. One controller is about 6 months old and the other about 3, definitely not been used anywhere near enough to warrant the material wearing away. Not even a couple of hours a week I'd say so it's weird to happen to both of them so easily. Makes it very tricky to play Fifa properly cos there's no grip and your thumb slips but looks like Sony simply didn't test the material on the analogue sticks thoroughly. So basically that's about £150 spent on a game that doesn't save all the time and randomly closes down and two controllers that have faulty analogue sticks.....sigh.
Are you on about the error ce-32-34878-0 thing on PS4? Where it kicks you off mid game, that's a glitch loads of people have been having, they normally fix pretty quickly. The rubber part of the analogue's are fecked on my controller as well, mine went in about a month. For the past few months I've just been playing without it, you get used to it and can't really tell after a couple days without it. You can buy like 8 of them online for like £5 if you must have them though.

This game on playstation 4 is really good. Enjoying career mode so far. The cameras are abit weird though. I like and dislike broadcast camera at the same time. Tele broadcast is ok, but there needs to be something in the middle of broadcast and tele broadcast.
You can increase/decrease the height and zoom of each camera angle, try doing that.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Yep, there's definitely a fault with the rubber on the PS4 analogue sticks. It's mostly after playing Fifa that they get wrecked.

EvilChuck

You can't. There's numerous things you cannot do in this mode that cannot really be explained, like save your squad for example

What chemistry have you manage to get with that team? You have a much better defence, comparable midfield (Moutinho, Modric and Busquets are IMO as good as Fernandinho and Gundogan), you have Messi I got Ronaldo, you got Aguero I got van Persie, you got Gotze/Di Maria I got Muller. I guess at the minute your team looks slightly better mainly due to far superior central defence.
100 chem. They all are on 10 chem except Gotze who is on 8, there is literally no way for me to get him on 10 chem too which is a pain. My full backs need improving, i know that, but my pack luck has pretty much gone to shit. Dani Alves and Jordi Alba in defence there would be pure sex, and would help the endless assault of l1+triangle that everyone uses..... its like world war 1 ffs

ravi2

I am always breaking the right thumbstick on my Xbox 1 esp with Fifa 14, does anyone else have this problem?

alastair

ignorant
I picked up FIFA 14 on PS3 for the first time in a while today.

I realised my mistake immediately. I like giving it a go v AI because FIFA has every opportunity to get that right. For the first time ever, however, I noticed that the scripting has got so bad they are now actively cheating.

Two things happened regularly:

My tactics would be switched for me at crucial moments. I would be 3 on 3 at the back and suddenly my tactics would shift to offside trap, and all of my players would run away from the ball, leaving a 3 v the keeper scenario. Inevitably would concede.

Then, often, my controller would simply be switched off. I'd try to control a player and the tactics board would come up again, meaning no player was being controlled.

I thought it was a problem with my controller, but I noticed that it was only happening when I was in a position of some danger. When I had it by their corner flag, it never happened. When they had a menacing situation, it happened all the time, and it was done to make me concede.

I've never had this before on any other game. A deliberate attempt from the makers to cheat. Incredibly odd.

Becknaldolencia

Can't install the WC update on my ps4, it says it can't install. Downloaded the update again and it says the same, anyone who can help?

Dan_F

I picked up FIFA 14 on PS3 for the first time in a while today.

I realised my mistake immediately. I like giving it a go v AI because FIFA has every opportunity to get that right. For the first time ever, however, I noticed that the scripting has got so bad they are now actively cheating.

Two things happened regularly:

My tactics would be switched for me at crucial moments. I would be 3 on 3 at the back and suddenly my tactics would shift to offside trap, and all of my players would run away from the ball, leaving a 3 v the keeper scenario. Inevitably would concede.

Then, often, my controller would simply be switched off. I'd try to control a player and the tactics board would come up again, meaning no player was being controlled.

I thought it was a problem with my controller, but I noticed that it was only happening when I was in a position of some danger. When I had it by their corner flag, it never happened. When they had a menacing situation, it happened all the time, and it was done to make me concede.

I've never had this before on any other game. A deliberate attempt from the makers to cheat. Incredibly odd.
Haha. The game is fecked. My favourite is when you're defending a corner and even though you press circle and move direction, your defender stands there like the controller isn't working. Infuriating.

JB7

Been playing a career mode as Malaga, basically signing lots of young players and seeing where it takes me. First pre-season signed the likes of Chambers, Martins-Indi, Ake, Clasie, Januzaj, Birigmana, Bentaleb and a few other squad players, added Paloschi and Hermann in January and went on to finish 6th first season after tailing off big time towards the end of the season.

Second season, with a bit more money I was able to bring in Begovic, Deulofeu, Rafinha, Martial, Declan John, Correa plus Marcos Rocha, Rode and Aquino on free transfers. Was relatively inconsistent throughout the season but ended up finishing third after winning my last 4 games to gain about 6 points on both Atletico and Sevilla. Best form throughout the season was in the Europa League, only lost one game in the whole comptition, against Spurs at home in the Semi Final but turned it around the in the second leg. The final against Juventus was one of the those crazy games where every went right - I was 5-0 up before half time, it finished 6-0, Paloschi was just monsterous in that game, getting 5 goals for himself plus the assist for the other.

Started the next season with a £39.5m budget, which is over 3 times both the previous years. Have only got to the first friendly so far, but the squad is already looking better after welcoming Ibarbo, Kiyotake and Zambrano on frees and signing Kondogbia and Markovic for bargain fee's.

Not sure how much progress I'll really make over the next month though... :D

Don16

Annoying cnut
Any idea how I'd update the World Cup squads , for the xbox one World Cup add-on? The normal squads still have the likes if Townsend starting

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any idea how I'd update the World Cup squads , for the xbox one World Cup add-on? The normal squads still have the likes if Townsend starting
You can't, they just took the squads from the world cup game I'm pretty sure.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Won division 1 for the first time.....

I then went on a, so far, 31 game losing streak....

Players can't pass properly, they are slow, rushing out of defence and position leaving me exposed, I can't score not matter how many shots I have.

I actually hate this game

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Once I have my PC set up I am going to start doing a career mode with Plymouth with gameplay edited and captured etc.

I am not saying I will kill you if you don't watch and subscribe, but you certainly won't be alive anymore.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
:lol:

You didn't play like a cross merchant though? ;)
Only when I come across these tool bags who are always Real Madrid, and constantly get the ball to Ronaldo, and insist on doing every little trick and skill in the game......Knocking crosses in and blasting in headers then alright yeah.

Other then that, no ha. I never usually am a cross merchant :)

SirAF

Ageist
Only when I come across these tool bags who are always Real Madrid, and constantly get the ball to Ronaldo, and insist on doing every little trick and skill in the game......Knocking crosses in and blasting in headers then alright yeah.

Other then that, no ha. I never usually am a cross merchant :)
Yeah, agree about that! Nothing that kills a match like that.. Bah.. I'm back home, without my PS3, for three weeks during the summer now - serious FIFA withdrawl :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Won the ultimate team world cup thing again, built up quite a good team now.
Have to play a 5 at the back though because my defenders are too good :lol:
Ignoring the chemistry thing, best team is:
Reina (83)
Lahm (87) - Kompany (86) - Hummels (87) - Sergio Ramos (86) - R. Rodriguez (79)
Marchisio (84)- Yaya Toure (86)
David Silva (87) - Negredo (84) - Lavezzi (83)​

Levo

Band of Brothers
Think mine is off memory.

GK - Patricio
LWB - Baines
CB - Barzagli
CB - Sakho
CB - Bruno Alves
RWB - Srna
CM - Iniesta
CM - Busquets
CAM - Gotze
ST - Suarez
ST - Rossi

Need some better defenders and keeper, would also like a few more strikers as I'm light on them.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Question time:

I'm getting the Playstation 4.

How big is the difference from the PS3 to the PS4 version of FIFA 14? Considering buying it but thought the game was the weakest in several years having played it on PS3.

Shark

@NotShark
Question time:

I'm getting the Playstation 4.

How big is the difference from the PS3 to the PS4 version of FIFA 14? Considering buying it but thought the game was the weakest in several years having played it on PS3.
It's a lot better IMO. Much faster loading times, superior graphics, animations and physics. The gameplay is also a lot smoother.

Highly recommend you make the jump. Only downside is the bastards at EA removed the tournament mode.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just played Japan on the single player tournament in World Cup UT. Of course they turn me over 3-0, couldn't get anywhere near them. Skipped all the tackles knew where I was going before I did. Sigh.

This was after beating Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica in the group.

Becknaldolencia

World cup update on ps4 is like a new game. Massive and great improvement in terms of gameplay, didn't hear anyone here mention the gameplay tweaks. Completely unexpected from EA.

arthurka

When offline does anyone have problems playing 1vs1??
I cant change the tactics in game..
The left directional keys are used to do this but I can pick anything High Pressure,Default,Possession....
Just stuck in counter attack. There is nothing I can do.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
World cup update on ps4 is like a new game. Massive and great improvement in terms of gameplay, didn't hear anyone here mention the gameplay tweaks. Completely unexpected from EA.
It's the same gameplay wise, is it not?

I hate the fact they're not allowing us to play with normal teams online, just the Ultimate Team crap. I'd like to play full tournament with one country like I did in World Cup 2010 on PS3.

Shark

@NotShark

I hate the fact they're not allowing us to play with normal teams online, just the Ultimate Team crap. I'd like to play full tournament with one country like I did in World Cup 2010 on PS3.
Fifa 15 will bring back the normal tournament mode, surprise, surprise.. it also makes EA's comments about it not being popular even more pathetic.

Becknaldolencia

There are major gameplay tweaks.
It hasn't been mentioned by EA but it's quite obvious.
-Players are less agile, difficult to shrug off the ball.
-More control over players, off the ball and on the ball.
-Passing system feels better.
-Game speed feels slower.
-Player movement feels different and players react more like you'd want them.
-Defending feels better with less unintentional fouls given away.
-Shooting feels different, the ball floats more.

That's what I have noticed, I play on manual.

It's still the same on other game modes, it's only different when you play a game in WC mode.

Sarni

Fifa 15 will bring back the normal tournament mode, surprise, surprise.. it also makes EA's comments about it not being popular even more pathetic.
They're pretty stupid though because tournament mode is on PS3 and that's the only Sony platform where you can also buy World Cup game. Then again it has no DLC like this one, you could make the whole tournament with all teams available now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There are major gameplay tweaks.
It hasn't been mentioned by EA but it's quite obvious.
-Players are less agile, difficult to shrug off the ball.
-More control over players, off the ball and on the ball.
-Passing system feels better.
-Game speed feels slower.
-Player movement feels different and players react more like you'd want them.
-Defending feels better with less unintentional fouls given away.
-Shooting feels different, the ball floats more.

That's what I have noticed, I play on manual.

It's still the same on other game modes, it's only different when you play a game in WC mode.
There is definitely something different but I'm not sure it's all positive. The sensitivity of fouls has gone through the roof and thats really put me off playing. On clubs I'm quite erratic because you have to be, but in H2H modes I usually get by with seal-outs and clean interceptions. But if I tap circle next to a runner, I always give a foul away on this DLC. Many pens and red-cards in my 18 or so games.

Sarni

Can you change your affiliation once you started FUT World Cup? I started with Holland but would like to change my kits and flag to USA now because I actually prefer their kits and I've been there a dozen times. Is it even possible at this point?

Levo

Band of Brothers
You get kits in packs, I've got an England home and French home as my away. Crests your stuck with as far as I'm aware.