Gaming FIFA 16

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Passing overall has been criticised but i don't find it as bad as some BUT there is one underlying issue with it and that's passing to a player behind you. Apparently no professional player is able to play a successful pass whilst turning and then passing.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The more I play it, the more I'm finding that pace really isn't nerfed. It's not as easy to abuse, but well timed sprints can still do damage.

Crossing is fecked though, which is a shame. Seems opposite foot wide players are the only real option.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The more I play it, the more I'm finding that pace really isn't nerfed. It's not as easy to abuse, but well timed sprints can still do damage.

Crossing is fecked though, which is a shame. Seems opposite foot wide players are the only real option.
If that's not nerfing pace then what would be?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

So, like real life then? I'd be pissed if they made pace useless. Because it's a very dangerous thing when you play football. It was just too easy to abuse in prior fifa's due to awful defensive positioning.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So caftards, what's the verdict? Worth buying or not?
If you just want to play casually or with friends I'd stick to a different game. If you want to play a lot and are willing to spend some time re-learning the game then 16 is a good choice.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
If you just want to play casually or with friends I'd stick to a different game. If you want to play a lot and are willing to spend some time re-learning the game then 16 is a good choice.
Hmmm.. I am a casual player only and did not think 16 demo was that far removed from 15.. what am I missing?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
If that's not nerfing pace then what would be?
Making it completely useless, like they did with crossing.
So, like real life then? I'd be pissed if they made pace useless. Because it's a very dangerous thing when you play football. It was just too easy to abuse in prior fifa's due to awful defensive positioning.
Bingo.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Making it completely useless, like they did with crossing.
I think both is about equally useful right now. I think I conceded more goals from crosses than from pace abuse, good strikers actually win loads of headers, you just have to time the cross so the keeper won't get to it. And how would you even make it completely useless? Defenders are already faster than attackers unless they sacrifice all their maneuverability by knocking the ball ahead.
I think in a way it's already overdone, because the way even the shittiest of defenders can still catch you after you've just completely outplayed their defense with a clever through ball is pretty ridiculous.

Hmmm.. I am a casual player only and did not think 16 demo was that far removed from 15.. what am I missing?
I don't mean to sound condescending but both games are miles apart gameplay wise, like polar opposites.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don't mean to sound condescending but both games are miles apart gameplay wise, like polar opposites.
Don't care what you want to be. Like I said I am not a FIFA or any football game fanatic but this is what I posted after I tried demo for the first time -

I tried the demo today, can't see any major differences between it and 15. Shame
Since then have had a session or two on it, playing 10 games with others. Other than shooting and some changes in pace of the players, I don't see anything that is a drastic chance. May be it is in the main game?

tom33

So I've loved career mode so far but I just played a couple of ultimate team games and my God! It feels like I'm playing fifa 15 as India against Germany! But in reality I'm playing as a team with Ronaldo, Fabregas, Pelle, Schneiderlin, etc. (95 chem) against Brisbane bloody Roar!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You could already see the direction in the demo, maybe the full game pushed it a bit further, I don't remember exactly tbh.

tom33

So I've loved career mode so far but I just played a couple of ultimate team games and my God! It feels like I'm playing fifa 15 as India against Germany! But in reality I'm playing as a team with Ronaldo, Fabregas, Pelle, Schneiderlin, etc. (95 chem) against Brisbane bloody Roar!
So I managed to win all four games of the draft, thanks to a 90th minute Ronaldo free-kick while down to 10 men (got Mata sent off in frustration after their equaliser came from my own player intercepting a pass and knocking the ball into the path of their striker!). Won a gold pack and a gold jumbo pack, both of which were full of crap.

The draft was fun, but you have to pay 15k coins to play again, and the prizes I got were only worth 12.5k! Think that's me done with that game mode!

Leg-End

FUT Draft is a decent idea but the 15K entry fee is ridiculous, your better off gambling on packs. Would work better with 1 free entry per month or something, as it stands I won't play it again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
FUT Draft is a decent idea but the 15K entry fee is ridiculous, your better off gambling on packs. Would work better with 1 free entry per month or something, as it stands I won't play it again.
Are you playing it online or offline? On offline it's quite easy to win on professional difficulty and you get two gold jumbo packs for winning which is way better than two 7.5k packs.

Don16

Annoying cnut
I'm not mad about it. One small improvement I was hoping for, was if for example I was Man Utd, and I was playing Sunderland at home, and Sunderland were wearing green. In real life (like today), the goalkeeper wears a the away GK jersey. But as like every other year, the GK and the away teams shirts just clash.

Leg-End

Are you playing it online or offline? On offline it's quite easy to win on professional difficulty and you get two gold jumbo packs for winning which is way better than two 7.5k packs.
But I'm still gambling 15K on getting something decent and I have to play 4 more games to get it. I'd rather take my chances with building up a side with 15K than hoping to pull someone not totally useless (I've had shit luck since basically Fifa 14).

Once I have an actual decent side built I might go back but that's months down the line at this point.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But I'm still gambling 15K on getting something decent and I have to play 4 more games to get it. I'd rather take my chances with building up a side with 15K than hoping to pull someone not totally useless (I've had shit luck since basically Fifa 14).

Once I have an actual decent side built I might go back but that's months down the line at this point.
You're not spending anything on contracts or fitness though so all you need to "pay" is the 15k coins. I think it's definitely worth the gamble as since there's so much in them you can usually recoup most of the 15k even if you don't get anyone great.

Shark

@NotShark
It annoys me how you have to play the same against every team, be it Chelsea or West Brom. The A.I hasn't improved. They all pass it like Barcelona.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
What do you win for winning 4 in the draft? Is it always the same or is it randomized? I only won 3 online and won a gold pack and a jumbo pack. One of them was all players as well but I can't remember which won now as it was like 5am after playing non-stop all night :lol:

tom33

I think it must be randomised prizes then, as I won 4 games single player and only got one jumbo and a normal pack, worth 12.5k.

Edit: on professional difficulty as well

Jam

I've been away from Ultimate Team for two seasons but decided to give it a go again this year and it's incredibly frustrating how expensive any player is. Previously it's always been in the realm of possibility to make a decent side but even making a relatively poor four and a half star Serie A team is looking expensive. Is this just early days or the last two years has it been the same in that only those who spends hundreds of pounds or hours get anywhere in the mode?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've been away from Ultimate Team for two seasons but decided to give it a go again this year and it's incredibly frustrating how expensive any player is. Previously it's always been in the realm of possibility to make a decent side but even making a relatively poor four and a half star Serie A team is looking expensive. Is this just early days or the last two years has it been the same in that only those who spends hundreds of pounds or hours get anywhere in the mode?
This is my fitness squad: http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/1647382/. The results arent a whole lot worse than my main squad's - which was quite expensive. You can replace Carvajal with Gaspar and Siqueira with Balenziaga to further decrease the price.
Once prices settle a bit I also plan to replace Torres with Rafinha, because while Torres is brilliant as a passing machine his bad shot stats are a problem. Orellana for Munain (putting Ferreira Carrasco back to LM) is also something I will probably do once prices drop.
Having a good team obviously helps, but as the FIFA season progresses prices continue to drop and with every passing day it gets easier to build a competitive div1 squad, you just have to be a bit flexible.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
When the AI has the ball I find it close to impossible to get the ball off them, my side don't mark them and every time I move towards the player with the ball they pass it. It's really frustrating but I don't see what I am doing wrong

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
So far so good but I do have one trivial complaint. Its been a complaint I have since about 2008 when i first got a ps3 and its still happening in ps4 versions. How come EA are not smart enough to make it that Goal Keepers wear a different coloured jersey to the opposition outfield players?. Its such a basic thing, game after game. Opposition play in red, my goalie wears red, doesnt matter what colour the team play in my goalie seems to match.

Red Stone

Still on the fence with this. It's the same old rushed game with loads of wrinkles that need to be straightened out, but they're definitely on to something. Most of the changes they've made would have been for the better if the execution had been as good as the idea, but there are a few niggles that make the game incredibly frustrating.

- The passing feels very rewarding, but I get the feeling that the game intentionally directs some passes straight to the opposition. I've had plently of simple passes to wide open team-mates snapped up because the game plays them close to - or even straight at - the opposition player instead of rolling it a yard or two to the side and into the feet of my player. I don't have a problem with misplacing a backwards pass, as I get why that happens, but it feels unnecessary that the pass assistance seemingly plays the ball deliberately into the opposition's path even when the opening is there and the passer's body shape is perfect. I have no doubt this is happening, by the way. It happens too frequently to be a coincidence, and in situations where it just can't be a case of user error. I won't switch to manual, by the way. I've tried that, and it takes ages to get a game, so it's not worth the rewards. That being said, when the passing works it feels very responsive. There are more options in the passing game now, so I feel like I have the tools at my disposal to find a team mate with the right kind of pass and into the space I want to play it.

- The first touch is absolutely dreadful. Unless you play the ball so it almost falls asleep on the receiver's foot, it'll bounce all over the place, regardless of the player trapping it. You could have Ronaldinho, Berbatov and Mata playing passes between each other and the ball would be bouncing all over the place as soon as one of them decided to slightly over-hit a pass.

- The ref is even worse than in FIFA 15. You have literally no leeway inside your own box as a defender. Even the slightest touch, without any tackling or shirt-pulling tends to lead to a penalty. I've played Pro Clubs, and we must have given away more than a penalty a game because of opposition players running straight into the defenders or shoulder barges where neither player went down. It's almost better to just not try to muscle your way onto the ball once an attacker gets ahead, as even the jostle from previous games leads to the whistle being blown against you.

- Headers are ridiculous. It seems like even fresh Virtual Pros have the Power Header trait from the get go, and in my FUT Draft games, I had Messi routinely crush much taller defenders in the air for an easy goal.

- Stamina has been destroyed completely. My Virtual Pro has 81 stamina and can't even jog around all game without needing Anderson-style oxygen masks near the end. This also applies to career and FUT. Even players with fairly high stamina will be near death at the end of the game. This was perfect in FIFA 15. I have no idea why they've changed it.

- The speed boost from no-touch dribbling makes no sense. It's almost a time warp sometimes. This video from a mate of mine shows some mind-boggling changes of pace:

Macern

Pee pee pants
I've only got one issue with the game; there are way too many free kicks. There's a free kick for everything, especially in FUT. I expect they'll sort it out in an update soon.

Red Stone

Free kicks and penalties are given for every little nudge, yes. It's tedious and ruins the flow of the game. I thought the referee was too strict in 15, and they've gone and made it worse this year.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Free kicks and penalties are given for every little nudge, yes. It's tedious and ruins the flow of the game. I thought the referee was too strict in 15, and they've gone and made it worse this year.
It must be fixed, I'm certain they'll release an update soon enough. Meanwhile, I'll try and benefit from it by dribbling a lot in attack and playing very carefully in defense.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
feck off Fifa, already sick of some of the bullshit, the inspired keepers, the last man wiping you out and receiving nothing, computer having one shit shot and it managing to wiggle in.

RedMist99

Anyone having trouble finding players on the servers. Haven't had a game in 20 mins.

Anyone fancy a game on PS4? I bought one today.

My I.D is ProChomp

Shark

@NotShark
Playing against the A.I on this, on world class is torture. Norwich intercepting every single one of my passes, dribbling past my players and muscling Bastian off the ball every time he gets it. It's just not realistic. It's shit and unenjoyable.

KingCantona87

Playing against the A.I on this, on world class is torture. Norwich intercepting every single one of my passes, dribbling past my players and muscling Bastian off the ball every time he gets it. It's just not realistic. It's shit and unenjoyable.
It is annoying but the weird thing is if you up it to Legendary the AI is more "adventurous" with their passing and I've actually done better in my Career games.

Shark

@NotShark
It is annoying but the weird thing is if you up it to Legendary the AI is more "adventurous" with their passing and I've actually done better in my Career games.
There must be a way to crack the code without having to adjust the sliders. I've found sitting back and trying to intercept helps but the game is over again you conjure a chance to score.

KingCantona87

There must be a way to crack the code without having to adjust the sliders. I've found sitting back and trying to intercept helps but the game is over again you conjure a chance to score.
Don't think there is but sliders do help a great deal. What irritates me the most is when you're playing Aston Villa and their pass accuracy is 98%. When the AI gets in their passing rhythm it's just absurd.