Gaming FIFA 17

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thought I'd start this thread ahead of E3 with our very own Tony making the cover art apparently.

prateik

Wasnt Henderson on last year? It means nothing now.. Anyone can get on.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
A new fecking engine finally! Frostbite is one of the best out there. Now hopefully competent programmers had a hand in this version.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Football has changed. Sure it has.

Why bother? I'll cynically criticise it for the next month, buy it in September and then moan how it's the same old shit while playing it for 5 months.

The Fifa boom/bust cycle.

Sweet Square

Why bother? I'll cynically criticise it for the next month, buy it in September and then moan how it's the same old shit while playing it for 5 months.

PES 2017

Join us.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Why is Hazard on it this year, all he's done is strop & feign injury.

Nickosaur

PES2016 was a great football game, but it was a mess. The roster updates, lack of features, terrible presentation...

Both PES and FIFA need to get their arse in gear.

Razvan

Do we still have a deal with Konami? Are the Mourinho and Martial cameos in the trailers clues that we might get a partnership with EA?

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
FIFA 16 was the worst FIFA since FIFA got good in 09. Truly awful game with all the fun sucked out of it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Proper reveal coming on the 12th? Looking forward to it. Finally it seems they're taking a leap forward on next gen.

MTF

FIFA 16 was the worst FIFA since FIFA got good in 09. Truly awful game with all the fun sucked out of it.
Was it 12 or 13 when headers were total cheese? To me whichever that was was 1st on the least enjoyable since '09, followed by 16. Lets hope 17 borrows from 15 a bit and hands some of the advantage back to the attacking side in terms of quickness in dribbling and passing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This and FM Are the only definite games I buy every year... even if its a slight graphic upgrade and change along with a squad update, its still enough as I play them enough over the year to warrant it. Same issue as always though, try to make the offline more interesting so it doesn't get boring after a day, and for online, make something more interesting and rewarding then normal online seasons.

dove

Goalkeepers and refereeing was shocking in PES last year. Unbelievable how it even passed their QA stage...

It was quite clear that FIFA needed a new engine as it looked a bit outdated, especially player models. Very happy to see that PES and FIFA started using one of the best game engines on the market today - Frostbite and FOX. Hopefully FIFA devs have been working on it for past few years and will deliver a good product because we all remember that first PES on FOX engine (PES 2014 if I remember right) was a complete failure.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

:lol: Amen.

Although, a new engine sounds promising. Hated this engine ever since Fifa 14.

Untied

Didn't have a halfway decent version of his face last year. Cover star this year.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What rating do you think Martial gets on this FIFA? Low 80s with quick growth for me. His ceiling surely has to be 90s?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I expect another season where I continue to showcase my incredible talent in pro clubs. That aside, it looks promising and I am excited for the new engine.

Martial on cover is a surprise.

binary bot
I've been hoping they add depth to pro clubs for the last 5 years or so...what's the betting it's just a rehash of last years? I mean what is there left to do? There's so much they can add to pro clubs and it'd be simple in the grand scheme of things...

The draft in fut was a great addition to be fair.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Isnt Frostbite what they used for Medal of Honor?
Frostbite is what battlefield uses. It looks alright, but I've read it's best for large scale games that need an engine for forests, lakes, fields etc. like battlefield or that Rory McIlroy golf game. Don't see how it'd work in a close stadium environment. They'll probably have some nice aerial shots of the stadium but so what?

Also who's that United player at the end of the video? Was thinking it's surely Martial but on his shirt it looks like a U and N together?

Fortis Mente

Hopefully it's not like playing on ice like the last four Fifa's. 12 is the best Fifa in my opinion.

Cheekiey

What rating do you think Martial gets on this FIFA? Low 80s with quick growth for me. His ceiling surely has to be 90s?
81 overall
90 potential

Potential might even be higher now knowing he is on the cover

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Didn't bother with 16 until it was drastically reduced in price online.
I don't think I've wanted to smash my telly up so much in my whole life. Absolute fecking garbage, hardly played it, I think maybe 40 something games.
I will try before I buy.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm hoping that along with the change of engine they've fixed boring mess that is Be a Keeper and that the away team rating bug is gone.