Gaming FIFA 17

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Mourinho's there too. Looks like they're having real managers

ravi2

Was it 12 or 13 when headers were total cheese? To me whichever that was was 1st on the least enjoyable since '09, followed by 16. Lets hope 17 borrows from 15 a bit and hands some of the advantage back to the attacking side in terms of quickness in dribbling and passing.

I still play '15 up to today.
'16 just isnt that exciting to me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
New engine, awesome. I hope they improve presentation even further but most importantly, improve physics. Ideally we'll have the equivalent of 2K in football. 16 was fun for maybe 2-3 months but I've barely touched it in 2016, they need to improve the game significantly.

siw2007

For me Fifa has got progressively worse since Fifa 10/Fifa world cup 2010. I think Fifa 12 was when it went on a decline for me. My favourite was probably Fifa 09, because it had a very slick presentation and feel to the gameplay. I think in their quest for realism, they have actually made the game very frustrating to play and facing the AI can be a grind rather than fun.

Nonetheless, I really like Career mode and the options that go with it, thats something that has improved over time. Setting the individual tactics of players, which was introduced over the last few games has been a good addition also.

In the future, it is the AI that I would like them to tweak the most. As much as they like improving their tactical acumen, I would like them to make more unforced errors and mistakes in their decision making.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Im excited FIFA working with the Frostbite engine. Battlefield uses Frostbite too:drool:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I was 200% set on not buying FIFA 17. But now I've seen that there is a new engine, I'm going to have to fecking get it :mad:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode. Please have a decent offline career mode.
PLEASE!

But it will be exactly the same and all the effort will go in to UT.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
New engine means new gameplay for certain and it has to be noticeably different but I still expect the same people to come on here and tell everyone how it's identical because it still includes 22 players kicking the ball as well as green grass pitch and two goals.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Football has changed. Sure it has.

Why bother? I'll cynically criticise it for the next month, buy it in September and then moan how it's the same old shit while playing it for 5 months.

The Fifa boom/bust cycle.
:lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I've been hoping they add depth to pro clubs for the last 5 years or so...what's the betting it's just a rehash of last years? I mean what is there left to do? There's so much they can add to pro clubs and it'd be simple in the grand scheme of things...

The draft in fut was a great addition to be fair.
Agree - Pro Clubs needs some attention given to it.

I would really like the club to have a fixed squad - obviously the human players, but then have the same computer created players as well. So you have the same goalkeeper, for example, every game. Not only would this be more realistic, you could then have them develop and improve in line with your own players.

Also, and I know this is only superficial, but it would be cool if your club started out playing in a lower league type stadium, and then have that improve over time.

Basically, I want to feel like the club is an actual club, and improves and develops over time, as well as the players developing. If a certain human player isn't playing, then it would be cool if his pro could still be in the team. Maybe their development would be much slower if they were not actually being controlled, but it needs to feel more cohesive.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If they persist with the dodgy touches and rubbish weight of passes I won't get it this year. 16 was the first fifa for about 7 years that I have hardly ever played.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hope they sort out the basic issues that have been plaguing Fifa and especially career mode for years.

Also hope animations are further improved, most importantly the close range finishing, as the often weirdly unrealistic shots really spoil any immersion for me.

Cypriot

Excited about the new engine but unless they can finally fix the most game-breaking issue in which the players don't run to the ball when passed to - then it will never be a great game.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Excited about the new engine but unless they can finally fix the most game-breaking issue in which the players don't run to the ball when passed to - then it will never be a great game.
It was fine in 14 and 15, but they completely ruined it in 16. That and the dribbling cannot be rehashed.

Uniquim

Pretty excited about this actually. If the new engine is good, I might go for it. Going to wait until I see some gameplay videoes or a demo though. Think the last FIFA I got is FIFA 13.

Marksy7

Agree - Pro Clubs needs some attention given to it.

I would really like the club to have a fixed squad - obviously the human players, but then have the same computer created players as well. So you have the same goalkeeper, for example, every game. Not only would this be more realistic, you could then have them develop and improve in line with your own players.

Also, and I know this is only superficial, but it would be cool if your club started out playing in a lower league type stadium, and then have that improve over time.

Basically, I want to feel like the club is an actual club, and improves and develops over time, as well as the players developing. If a certain human player isn't playing, then it would be cool if his pro could still be in the team. Maybe their development would be much slower if they were not actually being controlled, but it needs to feel more cohesive.
I agree with this, They should have the human players play as AI, like if your pro is RW and your not online the pro still plays RW or available position in the midfield. even have the human select a preferred position and 2 others for rotation.

the idea of having the club grow from a local team to a global team over the season would be really good, even have it that you can create your kits from sponsorship deals and the stadium expands as the club grows

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What time is the full reveal today?

Golden Nugget

Yes!! Please get rid of the women's teams and (I know it'll never happen) have youth squads for career mode (one that you can make signings and throw young signings into).

I loved the draft mode idea and would love to have that in exhibition too... Would be stacks of fun when playing against mates.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes!! Please get rid of the women's teams and (I know it'll never happen) have youth squads for career mode (one that you can make signings and throw young signings into).

I loved the draft mode idea and would love to have that in exhibition too... Would be stacks of fun when playing against mates.
Sexist :p

I haven't owned a Fifa since 2014, I plan to get it again with this new one even before the announcement was made.

One thing I liked about previous Fifas was the be a pro and manager combined mode, they removed it in Fifa 13 where you could only be a pro or be a manager. I hope that returns.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Game has a story mode, you play as Alex Hunter, and make your way through his career, cut scenes and all.
Could be like that story mode they have on NBA 2k16. Kind of like a movie but you being the main player. Would be a tiny bit disappointed if you have to be "Alex Hunter" in this, and they don't let you make your own player for the story.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So I'm guessing that this mode will only allow you to control Hunter in that stupid over the shoulder angle?

JB7

Yep, looks like you have to play as Alex Hunter. Why would you put a mode in and not allow you to create your own player? Just seems like an insane move to me.

Would be great to know how they're going to improve the actual football game though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yep, looks like you have to play as Alex Hunter. Why would you put a mode in and not allow you to create your own player? Just seems like an insane move to me.

Would be great to know how they're going to improve the actual football game though.
I hope its not the case, it wouldn't be hard to change the appearance of Alex Hunter although you may have to use his voice. I imagine it won't be fixed where you have to be Alex, you have to play for United although it might only be limited to England as they only record dialogue for that. At the very least, I hope we get a choice of what to say.

For example, the manager says "Alex I'm putting you on the bench as Rooney is back from injury" do you respond A) "I understand gaffer" B) "I think my performances have been good recently however if its best for the team then I'm ok" or C) "you're a spineless coward and I'm too good for this club"