Gaming FIFA 17

siw2007

The Alex Hunter game mode looks interesting. We obviously aren't seeing the full picture here, as to whether there will be customisation, different teams, different story arcs etc. Can't imagine that they would have a Man United only story line here, though that would be funny as to the amount of opposition fans you would wind up.

KingCantona87

I hope its not the case, it wouldn't be hard to change the appearance of Alex Hunter although you may have to use his voice. I imagine it won't be fixed where you have to be Alex, you have to play for United although it might only be limited to England as they only record dialogue for that. At the very least, I hope we get a choice of what to say.

For example, the manager says "Alex I'm putting you on the bench as Rooney is back from injury" do you respond A) "I understand gaffer" B) "I think my performances have been good recently however if its best for the team then I'm ok" or C) "you're a spineless coward and I'm too good for this club"
Seen some screenshots where Hunter is in the post match interview in the tunnel. It seems to have multiple choice answers.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The Alex Hunter game mode looks interesting. We obviously aren't seeing the full picture here, as to whether there will be customisation, different teams, different story arcs etc. Can't imagine that they would have a Man United only story line here, though that would be funny as to the amount of opposition fans you would wind up.
No it doesn't.

I don't know why I am in the minority about this but sports games going down the NBA 2K route is completely the wrong way to go about shit. The story modes in those games have been clunky, poorly written and acted even worse. If they could come up with a way of having a single player career mode whereby there were position specific/physical training mini games that upped with difficulty over time then maybe look to add some window dressing after that but the core mechanics of the mode aren't even in place yet.

JB7

I hope its not the case, it wouldn't be hard to change the appearance of Alex Hunter although you may have to use his voice. I imagine it won't be fixed where you have to be Alex, you have to play for United although it might only be limited to England as they only record dialogue for that. At the very least, I hope we get a choice of what to say.

For example, the manager says "Alex I'm putting you on the bench as Rooney is back from injury" do you respond A) "I understand gaffer" B) "I think my performances have been good recently however if its best for the team then I'm ok" or C) "you're a spineless coward and I'm too good for this club"
Well it seems to be saying that it's fixed as Alex Hunter (an up and coming player) and can play for any Premier League club. Your second paragraph looks to be about correct based on what I've seen too.

siw2007

No it doesn't.

I don't know why I am in the minority about this but sports games going down the NBA 2K route is completely the wrong way to go about shit. The story modes in those games have been clunky, poorly written and acted even worse. If they could come up with a way of having a single player career mode whereby there were position specific/physical training mini games that upped with difficulty over time then maybe look to add some window dressing after that but the core mechanics of the mode aren't even in place yet.
Everyone has their own opinion.

Still, we don't know enough yet. It might be actually quite good.

Taxx

No it doesn't.

I just have to say that I completely agree with you. People will tell us that we're being "too negative" and we've been asking "for this for years", but I disagree with that. I love the 2k serie, and have been playing almost every single one for many years. Always invest lots of time in MyPlayer, and 2k16's was embarrassingly bad. Are we supposed to get invested in this? It feels like something a high schooler could write. But it's actually written by Spike Lee. This feels very similar.

Something had to be done with career mode, and I hope this cinematic flair is not the only thing being done. If it's 1 year of story mode, and then rest to bare-bones '16 career mode, then it's completely failed.

I'm glad people are liking this idea, but please don't just shoot down the ones that think this isn't the best way to go about improving career mode. And yes, it could very well be good! But I'm very skeptical.

Eriku

I wonder if my Pro HAS to get angry and tear down shit in his new fancy flat, or if you can, y'know, be a stable, boring person?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Disappointed you have to play as this Alex Hunter fella, should be able to make your own guy. It'll be good if there's in depth training sessions and stuff like that.

Happy to see they're bringing low, hard shots. It's probably the most common finish, yet it's never been easy to do in game.

All the other stuff is just generic bollocks they say every year. "Completely overhauled" usually isn't that much different!

It also seems like United have finally signed up with EA, which is good. They didn't even feature in the trailer last year.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Disappointed you have to play as this Alex Hunter fella, should be able to make your own guy. It'll be good if there's in depth training sessions and stuff like that.

Happy to see they're bringing low, hard shots. It's probably the most common finish, yet it's never been easy to do in game.

All the other stuff is just generic bollocks they say every year. "Completely overhauled" usually isn't that much different!

It also seems like United have finally signed up with EA, which is good. They didn't even feature in the trailer last year.
No surprise when they're the "Official gaming partner" of City. City fans must be fuming with our heavy involvement this time around.

Nickosaur

:lol: That Alex Hunter shite, ffs.

If they've made it a decent game of football, who cares what crap modes they add. I suspect it will stay play like a bag of sand though.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
They said new engine but it looked same or even worse to me for some reason.

JB7

It's essentially a "be Marcus Rashford" mode by the looks of things.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That story mode looks to have decent potential for future games. Once they let you customize your own player, other leagues and nationalities in it, and probably more options to decide what type of player you want to be, it could be a fun mode. As it is, it'll probably be a bit shit but there is potential. At least they're trying something new tbf.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No it doesn't.

I agree with you. The sad thing is that these modes generates a lot of interest and cause many people to buy the game because it's a novelty but in truth, it is just a distraction from improving the gameplay and other more important aspect related to football.

dove

This journey mode looks interesting. I know everyone wants to create their own players but it's the first time FIFA is having this mode so there will be a lot of room for improvement in the future releases. But it looks really promising, also Frostbite looks really nice.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Did they actually hype that as a feature?

"Finally, you can kick the ball along the ground! Hard! Towards the goal!"

HabeasC

Rashford looks like he's just seen Fellaini's new hair.
I remember from one of the old Fifas the season after Welbeck had come through - they made zero effort to do his face.

Pretty sure they just went to their stock black person folder and used it.

Mr Smith

Alex Hunter, AKA Marcus Rashford :devil:

Jokes aside, this new journey mode is really exciting. Always wanted something like this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
blocked, and all the others are blocked on YouTube.

All that this trailer is missing is the player diving towards the camera with an explosion going off in the background.

FIFA: Insurrection.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
As long as they fix the dribbling (able to just run sideways and switch direction which gives you a boost), i will be pleased.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Maybe in this first version, but I'm glad they're taking it on regardless. A few years on and they could put together a pretty good story mode.
This is EA so it'll still be shite in 3 years. And they'll start stripping it back so they can add the stuff again as a new feature.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Mourinho was called out on stage at E3.

Marcelinho87

YES Rashford and Martial's faces in the game it seems as well :drool:
I think under the Frostbite engine we will see a lot more real faces included.

This is EA so it'll still be shite in 3 years. And they'll start stripping it back so they can add the stuff again as a new feature.
I think EA have improved over the last couple of years personally.

Ubisoft is the shithouse these days.

Here is hoping the PC release is a full fledged effort and not some hybrid crossover bollocks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think EA have improved over the last couple of years personally.

Ubisoft is the shithouse these days.
Fifa 16 is still littered with many issues that have been around for years. Hopefully it changes but I'm not holding my breath.

If any of their other brand new additions are to go by this will be half arsed.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Not gonna happen but I hope different teams have different styles of play on this one. Literally every opponent you face plays EXACTLY the same way. Playing against Leyton Orient is the same difficulty level as playing Barcelona.