g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming FIFA 17

Utdstar01

Been playing online draft, prizes are seriously good if you win at least 2 games. Got a couple of really good players out of those packs.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Was this with the disc or downloaded?

So basically disconnect from the web and it loads up ?
Mine was with the disk mate. It got stuck at 83% install for about half an hour. I switched the PS4 internet connection off, re-connected and then the game installed the last 17% in about 2 minutes.

It was weird, but I assume it was downloading an update at the same time or something and must have got stuck.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Mine was with the disk mate. It got stuck at 83% install for about half an hour. I switched the PS4 internet connection off, re-connected and then the game installed the last 17% in about 2 minutes.

It was weird, but I assume it was downloading an update at the same time or something and must have got stuck.
Thanks for the advice,

I tried to play again earlier but the machine starting making that clicking/struggling noise again and the disc cannot be read pop up appeared. Im going to bring it back to the shop tomorrow and ask for another copy.

Baxter

Been playing online draft, prizes are seriously good if you win at least 2 games. Got a couple of really good players out of those packs.
I've won it twice and got absolutely nothing. 3 really good pack types and just shit all of any value :lol:

Got into the weekend league finally after losing the final game about 5 times over the last couple of days.

Utdstar01

I've won it twice and got absolutely nothing. 3 really good pack types and just shit all of any value :lol:

Got into the weekend league finally after losing the final game about 5 times over the last couple of days.
I've got a couple of rare players packs and got lucky with a couple with an IF and Sane twice in 2 packs :lol: Didn't think he'd be worth much but got about 16k for him.

Just came up against this feck in the final, literally tiki taka passing it all around back 4 and just being an annoying cnut, feck anyone who decides to play like this it's the most annoying and boring strategy ever.

Baxter

I've got a couple of rare players packs and got lucky with a couple with an IF and Sane twice in 2 packs :lol: Didn't think he'd be worth much but got about 16k for him.

Just came up against this feck in the final, literally tiki taka passing it all around back 4 and just being an annoying cnut, feck anyone who decides to play like this it's the most annoying and boring strategy ever.
I fecking hate when you play people like that. I normally have about 54-55% and I've seen myself down to 35% against those knobs. Only way I can play that is drop back to counter and defensive and try and get them to push out.

Devil81

Is it me or is the through ball shite this year, defenders seem to have superhuman powers for blocking it every time.

My opinion has swung on this one, even players with insane skills can be tackled with ease.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Is it me or is the through ball shite this year, defenders seem to have superhuman powers for blocking it every time.

My opinion has swung on this one, even players with insane skills can be tackled with ease.
Use R1 and triangle for a driven through ball

Flames73

Through ball has been alright. Lofted through ball played diagonally across the pitch is OP. If you practice your corners they can be outright deadly, but I still suck at it. Pogba and Ibra gets outmuscled easily when they sprint :O But become beastly when use L2.

Only playing Online Seasons, don't have the time or want to spend the effort on FUT. Got stuck on Div 5 for 2 seasons, but now up to Div 4 and should be able to get to Div 3. Tried to play out from the back too much and a simple error leads to an easy goal for the opposition.

When FM is out though, most of my time would be on FM, so 1 more month of hardcore FIFA left!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How the feck do people constsntly close down on ultimate team, its fecking rank. Closed down instantly, yet they are still a million times faster than me at the end of the match. Broken game mode.

Jacob

How the feck do people constsntly close down on ultimate team, its fecking rank. Closed down instantly, yet they are still a million times faster than me at the end of the match. Broken game mode.
That really irritates me as well. The stamina should be fixed. People on pro clubs can literally spurt up and down the field for 90 minutes. We try to tire them out but it's not possible.

Jacob

Lofted through balls are useless this year, which is kind of good. I'm not that good at regular through balls either, I want to play the ball more into space rather than a few meters ahead of the player. What am I doing wrong? And yes, I do power up the pass. I've beed told R1+Triangle is better.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Also why the feck is it not possible to set my match settings so I only play people who don't watch every fecking replay and cutscene? Get fecked.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ever notice how much easier it is to tackle the CPU when the ref is playing advantage for them? Suddenly becomes the easiest thing in the world.

Marksy7

this! FUT is completely broken, doing my head in along with players bumping into each other and getting stuck.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
who thinks they'll open up new seasons of the journey either later this year/next year, or we'll find him in FIFA 18 where it'll be a world cup year, and it will concentrate on him getting in to the squad. Then in FIFA 19 in the next phase of his career, at Real Madrid.

They could make a set of movies based on this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kane is fecking trash on ultimate team. Selling him and going to try and get Lukaku or something. Martial would be perfect if there was a St version of him but he's only a lm. Rashford only being a 76 makes me not want to have him as my striker... even though it makes no difference really.
Edit: Lukaku was like 40k so I just got Welbeck instead who is only 4k.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Kane is fecking trash on ultimate team. Selling him and going to try and get Lukaku or something. Martial would be perfect if there was a St version of him but he's only a lm. Rashford only being a 76 makes me not want to have him as my striker... even though it makes no difference really.
Edit: Lukaku was like 40k so I just got Welbeck instead who is only 4k.
Isn't he? Wasted about 16k on him last week. Slow, turns like a truck and missed everything despite his 88 finishing.

Got Lukaku and he is great. Mahrez is good fun to use too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Isn't he? Wasted about 16k on him last week. Slow, turns like a truck and missed everything despite his 88 finishing.

Got Lukaku and he is great. Mahrez is good fun to use too.
My main 2 are Martial and Mkhitaryan, both beasts on ultimate team. Mahrez is alright but Miki is way better IMO. Welbeck is not bad the few games I've used but once I get enough I'm going to get Lukaku since he's always a beast.

Marcelinho87

I got lukaku in some random pack I was given by the game earlier, for completing all the challenges I think it was.

Cant sell him but he's great to use anyhow.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Best believe that Walker got kicked to shredds in the two games I had to face him in The Journey.
I tried my best to obliterate him at every opportunity. Really wish I'd managed to nail him with Hunter, y'know, for immersion.

Golden Nugget

Interesting seeing other players United team on career. I'm top of the league in November of the first season, City are second... 3rd and 4th are.... Crystal Palace and Swansea. Spurs are bottom despite winning the league in Journey mode.

Found United too strong at the start, but have found myself struggling against random teams - Let in 2 goals in about 8 PL games, Bailly gets injured and I concede 4 in the next 5.

I've won all PL games but 3, 0-0 to city, drawing to Swansea at home and losing to... Burnley. It's the same issue I've had for the last few FIFA's now - I smash most big teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool 3/4-0 but struggle against the small teams.

Ibrahimovic was on fire for me at the start (although it seems like he's going to retire after 1 season) - but him and Mata get injured in the same game, Zlatan for 1 month, Mata for 3. Up steps Rooney and he is absolutely shocking - play him up front and he's not there for chances. Attacking midfield, he goes missing too. I switch to a dm instead of a Am, using Martial up front and he scores a goal a game.

Schneiderlin has been one of my best players - so I'm surprised to see so many people selling him. Herrera has been good too - but he's always it of energy by the end of the game. Fellaini has been excellent for me too.

Smores

Who are peoples hidden gems on FUT? Finding Mendy was a great cheap buy

JmRssll555

Interesting seeing other players United team on career. I'm top of the league in November of the first season, City are second... 3rd and 4th are.... Crystal Palace and Swansea. Spurs are bottom despite winning the league in Journey mode.

Found United too strong at the start, but have found myself struggling against random teams - Let in 2 goals in about 8 PL games, Bailly gets injured and I concede 4 in the next 5.

I've won all PL games but 3, 0-0 to city, drawing to Swansea at home and losing to... Burnley. It's the same issue I've had for the last few FIFA's now - I smash most big teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool 3/4-0 but struggle against the small teams.

Ibrahimovic was on fire for me at the start (although it seems like he's going to retire after 1 season) - but him and Mata get injured in the same game, Zlatan for 1 month, Mata for 3. Up steps Rooney and he is absolutely shocking - play him up front and he's not there for chances. Attacking midfield, he goes missing too. I switch to a dm instead of a Am, using Martial up front and he scores a goal a game.

Schneiderlin has been one of my best players - so I'm surprised to see so many people selling him. Herrera has been good too - but he's always it of energy by the end of the game. Fellaini has been excellent for me too.
What difficulty are you playing on? I would get so bored just winning constantly. If you're winning comfortably, try turning it up a notch.

I've found Zlatan to be pretty ineffective in the league, so I've mostly played Rashford. That being said, I did smash some random nobody team 5-1 in the Europa League and Zlatan scored all of them. I might need to experiment with them a bit more.

I've also found Tuanzebe to be a bit of a beast. I've used him in the League Cup and Europa League and his rating is improving nicely. He's so tall and quick too, he often dominates attackers.

Golden Nugget

What difficulty are you playing on? I would get so bored just winning constantly. If you're winning comfortably, try turning it up a notch.

I've found Zlatan to be pretty ineffective in the league, so I've mostly played Rashford. That being said, I did smash some random nobody team 5-1 in the Europa League and Zlatan scored all of them. I might need to experiment with them a bit more.

I've also found Tuanzebe to be a bit of a beast. I've used him in the League Cup and Europa League and his rating is improving nicely. He's so tall and quick too, he often dominates attackers.
Legendary :). Usually i sign a stack of players after a few seasons and it gets to this point - United are too strong in this

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Seasons :drool:

Always makes me feel better.

Sold Smalling for £40m. Signed Gimenez for £25m.
Sold Darmian for £18m. Signed Bellerin for £20m.
Sold Schwein, Fellaini, Mata and Herrera £70m. Signed Saul Niguez for £25m and Alexis Sanchez for £45m.

Still got £180m to spend :lol:
I think sign Kroos and Dahoud to build a squad for a 4-3-3.

De Gea
Bellerin Bailly Gimenez Shaw
Saul Pogba
Alexis Mikhi Martial
Zlatan

As it stands.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I see its still useless to pick anyone but Barca/Real online.

53% possession, 14 shots, 10 on target for me and Ter Stegen saves every one of them. Even open goals.

They get 2 shots all game, halfway between the box and the centre of the pitch, R2 finesse shot and De Gea can't stop them.

fecking bullshit really, just wish they'd nerf them online.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this worth getting? I only ever see negative comments about the game play but people keep playing it. I guess you never hear people say "no but to be fair I really did enjoy my time on crack".

Anyone regret getting it?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I played earlier and got peppered on UT in division 10 against teams with no chemistry. Thought that was meant to be the easy bit. Had to go on Rocket League and repair my ego by smashing some shithouses.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is this worth getting? I only ever see negative comments about the game play but people keep playing it. I guess you never hear people say "no but to be fair I really did enjoy my time on crack".

Anyone regret getting it?
Sometimes it's fun and other times it infuriates me. I can play for an hour in my season and have the most frustrating game at home to Ipswich and then batter City away. Then the next time I play it can feel really realistic and I have fun and challenging games, or beat the fodder I'm supposed to beat. It sometimes feels like I don't know which game I'm going to play when I turn my console on. Fun fifa or frustrating Ai fifa.