Gaming FIFA 17

Shark

@NotShark
Fired it up there for one match. I like what I've played so far, when on the ball with Pogba you really feel it's him on the ball and felt I could ping pong balls around everywhere. It feels very natural in comparison to 16.

Red Stone

Impressions so far after a handful of games in Kick-Off and Journey:

- Passes and touches seem much sharper. Players can actually control high balls in their stride now. A big difference I noticed is that players have a bigger "radius of control" in that they will stick their foot out further than before to get the ball under control. It might even be too sharp, but I'll need to play against actual people before passing judgment on that.

- Flair players seem to be able to produce much more magic than just doing skill moves everywhere. Scored a great goal with Pogba where he received a ground pass and flicked it over himself and the defender behind him before smashing it into the bottom corner on the bounce.

- Ball physics are different. Shooting doesn't feel like old FIFA, which was pretty much the same all the time. Had many shots where the ball acted completely different to the way it used to.

- Pogba's hair doesn't change from game to game. What the feck, EA?

- Shooting from mid-height crosses seems easier. I found it much easier to get players to attempt volleys and bicycle kicks in situations where those would be natural instead of headers. Luckily the accuracy of these shots seems fairly balanced and realistic so I haven't actually scored any Zlatan-esque wonder goals on the four acrobatic shots I've tried so far.

- The acting in Journey is SHITE.

- Gareth Walker is a dick.

Red Stone

Right? It's been part of one game and I already hate him. Why does that git start over Hunter, bloody hell
Won't be for long after I assisted one and scored another three in my 15 minute sub appearance :devil:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Has anyone tried the journey thing and just been a complete donkey just to see what happens? Genuinely intrigued to know what they say if you bag 5 own goals.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Impressions so far after a handful of games in Kick-Off and Journey:

- Pogba's hair doesn't change from game to game. What the feck, EA?
It's only a demo. I expect the finished version will feature a bi-weekly update to cover that.

ravi2

Played a few games last night as MUFC and I am really liking it way more than 16.
Passing and control seems sharper and its the best graphics ive seen on a FIFA game, hands down.

Really looking forward to getting this next week.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Love the demo, I can't wait to start playing The Journey.

The only negative for me was the penalty system. It's a shambles.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Played a few games last night as MUFC and I am really liking it way more than 16.
Passing and control seems sharper and its the best graphics ive seen on a FIFA game, hands down.

Really looking forward to getting this next week.
I believe they're toned down for the demo too, so expect them to be even sharper on full release :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Jose thing is a nice touch, but I know EA, and I guarantee it happens too much (how fecking annoying was Rooney doing his famous City overhead kick celebration pose after every goal?).

They'll also make sure the commentator mentions it every time, just to make sure you know that EA have done something.

It's only a demo. I expect the finished version will feature a bi-weekly update to cover that.
Would actually be a cool touch if they changed it with their regular updates.

ravi2

I believe they're toned down for the demo too, so expect them to be even sharper on full release :drool:

The shooting is also very pleasing, its somewhere between a real life and an "arcade" shot, really well balanced.
Playing with MUFC is fantastic, with all our new additions we are very competitive....I may not have to spend any money on Ultimate Team this year, I might just stick to seasons and career mode :)

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Would love to play on this setting - 21:9 instead of 16:9:

Especially useful on Pro Clubs!

Skills

Snitch
This all sounds encouraging. I prefer the arcadey versions of Fifa, the last few were dull and not fun to play with your friends.

MTF

Guess I'm on my own in the "make it impossible to play" camp, huh? I preferred 16 to 15, although I do admit it took me probably 2 months before I was comfortable in the game.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not really impressed, graphically I see no improvement. Gameplay feels the same to me too.

Journey has potential though

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Seeing the AI make intelligent runs off the ball almost brought me to tears. Was getting hounded in the centre as Pogba, Micki comes infield and Valenica makes an overlapping run down the wing into a ton of space. Was beautiful.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The driven through pass is a nice feature.
Is that RB + Y? All it seems to do for me is do a slow curved, innacurate through ball instead. There's a few things I'm yet to get used to, but the best for me is the low shots.

I think it looks better in general, but not as much as an upgrade in graphics as I was expecting. Someone mentioned flair players being a lot more effective and entertaining, and I've noticed that too.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Mikhitariyan is going to be amazing to play with on this game.

Loving the new through balls as well - it stops the overhit balls that made me want to tear my hair out in 16. Overall, the game looks and feels fantastic. Can't wait to go on to the full game and play online

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seriously considering a new console + this game but I'm hesitating when it comes to the tactical aspect of football as it's something EA has always neglected. Anything promising for this title ?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Got these penalties nailed down.

siw2007

Just had a few games, mainly as Man Utd (who are pretty good). Really enjoyed it so far, i am pleased with the speed of the game and it's a little more methodical than 16 but fortunately it isn't exactly difficult to play either. Defending is still annoying when they just go freestyle on you but overall am looking forward to the main game.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Just had a few games, mainly as Man Utd (who are pretty good). Really enjoyed it so far, i am pleased with the speed of the game and it's a little more methodical than 16 but fortunately it isn't exactly difficult to play either. Defending is still annoying when they just go freestyle on you but overall am looking forward to the main game.
The only issue is FIFA is always different at launch, I always think oh the demo is great! I look forward to this year, then suddenly launch comes and its final build is different.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I'm impressed with much of it but my main gripe with 16 was how every AI team plays exactly the same way. Playing against Wycombe Wanderers was literally the same difficulty as playing Barcelona.

I've played two games so far. Battered Juventus with the majority of possession, and scraped a win against Jay Jay Okocha or whatever they're called - and they had 65% possession.

It has me worried, as it takes away a huge part of the game for me if good teams are exactly the same as the bad ones.

siw2007

The only issue is FIFA is always different at launch, I always think oh the demo is great! I look forward to this year, then suddenly launch comes and its final build is different.
Yeah, I don't usually play the demos that much but I have heard that they quicken the main game and change the style.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm impressed with much of it but my main gripe with 16 was how every AI team plays exactly the same way. Playing against Wycombe Wanderers was literally the same difficulty as playing Barcelona.

I've played two games so far. Battered Juventus with the majority of possession, and scraped a win against Jay Jay Okocha or whatever they're called - and they had 65% possession.

It has me worried, as it takes away a huge part of the game for me if good teams are exactly the same as the bad ones.
Yeah but then the bad ones would be way too easy, no easy game in football.

I do get what you mean though, same tactics for every CPU team, wheras shithouse away from home would defend and not make passing look simple.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I like how the referees in Fifa still dont have pockets, they still put their cards right through their chest.

who needs pockets.

ravi2

Guess I'm on my own in the "make it impossible to play" camp, huh? I preferred 16 to 15, although I do admit it took me probably 2 months before I was comfortable in the game.

I never found 16 enjoyable and am still playing 15.
17 looks like they found a nice balance realism and fun.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not bought FIFA for awhile but giving the demo a shot.

What's the point fo the right stick having to be used for explosive pace? Why is there such a huge difference between sprint (which is really mildly run) and this shoving of the stick to burst forwards? It seems like an overcomplication for no apparent reason.

Also I don't know if I'm really bad at it, but defending seems really awful on this. Most of the time my defence is just arbitrarily floating about in hope of getting a foot it. It's not as if I'm defending badly either given I barely ever concede on Legendary mode. Just that the whole control over defending seems extremely random and lacking in precision. I'm surprised defending is nearly still as bad as it was 4 years back.

On the ball it's a decent play but I'm still unsure as to whether to buy this in addition to PES.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Not bought FIFA for awhile but giving the demo a shot.

What's the point fo the right stick having to be used for explosive pace? Why is there such a huge difference between sprint (which is really mildly run) and this shoving of the stick to burst forwards? It seems like an overcomplication for no apparent reason.

Also I don't know if I'm really bad at it, but defending seems really awful on this. Most of the time my defence is just arbitrarily floating about in hope of getting a foot it. It's not as if I'm defending badly either given I barely ever concede on Legendary mode. Just that the whole control over defending seems extremely random and lacking in precision. I'm surprised defending is nearly still as bad as it was 4 years back.

On the ball it's a decent play but I'm still unsure as to whether to buy this in addition to PES.
Defending takes a lot of time to get used to. Has been quite complicated since they implemented tactical defending.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Defending takes a lot of time to get used to. Has been quite complicated since they implemented tactical defending.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really good.
I hated it when they introduced it too. Conceptually good but didn't like the implementation. Maybe I need to play this interation of it more.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I hated it when they introduced it too. Conceptually good but didn't like the implementation. Maybe I need to play this interation of it more.
Quick tip, use the triggers/L2R2 to move around when attempting to get the ball. Much easier to control your player

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Please let The Journey be good, please let The Journey be good...

I bet it's going to suck, but I'm pretty much buying this for the MyPlayer gamemode. So much potential.

DeOddi

Just can´t win the ball from opponents on world class. I don´t concede goals but just closing down space and waiting for the opponent to misplace a pass is annoying. And if i actually manage to get into a tackle it is on the sidelines and the ball rolls out of play only for them to keep it anyway.