Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Jacob

A thread for the kids. Let the other one stay sophisticated ;)

Baxter

Final of a draft, cruising at 3-0 up at 65 minutes. It ends 6-4. Defending is just uncontrollable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sané Morata Salah
Mesa Saivet
Schneiderlin
Kolasinac Lindelof Williams Moses
If Fabianski​

What I currently have with another probably 40-50k in my transfer list. Will obviously sell Fabianski, just waiting for an sbc that needs in forms (hopefully Mane potm) and then his price will go way up. Not crazy about Morata though so will probably sell him next week too, when the OTW's drop. Doubt I'll keep salah either, just waiting for him to go up (have another of him in my transfers). Not sure who I would replace morata and salah with though. A lot of underwhelming options. Maybe mkhitaryan for the right and just hopefully get martial as a Lf up top?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Spent all my coins (10k) on marquee matchups earlier and got feck all. Made a very basic prem team out of the better players and my loan Pogba.

———————Heaton———————
Cedric—Lindelof—Dragovic—Gibbs
——Cabaye—Pogba—Capoue——
——Dyer——Gayle——Sinclair—-

Buying and downloading tonight end either doing 4600 or 12K FP, can’t wait!

Renegade81

@bosnian_red nice team. How is Kolasinac and Fabianski. Kolasinac has very good physical very tempted to buy him.

Currently my team. 4321

Lukaku
Martial Salah
Herrera Lallana
Gueye
Darmian Rojo Baily Aurier

IF Fabianski

Wanna upgrade Salah for Willian and Rojo for Azpilicueta eventually.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
@bosnian_red nice team. How is Kolasinac and Fabianski. Kolasinac has very good physical very tempted to buy him.

Currently my team. 4321

Lukaku
Martial Salah
Herrera Lallana
Gueye
Darmian Rojo Baily Aurier

IF Fabianski

Wanna upgrade Salah for Willian and Rojo for Azpilicueta eventually.
Used kolasinac twice and liked him. Didnt feel slow or clunky. Probably isnt worth having fabianski as more then investment purposes, too early in fifa for having an expensive keeper imo.

LonelyFire

Packed TOTW Mertens as one of my squad battles rewards. That will do nicely for my Serie A team

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m shit at this. Haven’t won a single game. Played 8 lost 8. :(

Berbaclass

This is gonna be my team after a rethink, wanted a way to use that IF Perez so doing a Russian. League/Argentina hybrid

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Gave this a proper play today and tried out all the different modes. My best players to use are Salah, Jesus and Mata. Mata has immense finishing and passing range. Salah is super responsive when dribbling and his runs in behind are perfect. Jesus I actually prefer to R9. I've had R9 in 3 or 4 drafts and he doesn't get close to Jesus so far for me.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I’m enjoying this squad battle mode. Not half as frustrating as online :lol:

P-Nut

My god how long does it take to install, it's been on 23% for like 15 minutes :(
Mine got to 64% froze and then disappeared but was installed.

I’m enjoying this squad battle mode. Not half as frustrating as online :lol:
Have to play the games everyday to get near the top and I've just not got the patience. Or a Mrs that would be OK with it.

P-Nut

Packed Paulinho and Musa in my two jumbo premiums from the icon edition, very happy!
Seen a few people using Paulinho. Think I'm going to sell my moussa Dembele as he feels slow and ponderous on this version. Need someone a bit quicker in the middle.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/45742
https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/45758

My two squads, all with various chem styles on the players. Currently have 50k in the bank, so I'm saving for the 100k Mbappe and then have some serious good teams then. Will only buy quality players like Thiago Silva, Cavani, Matuidi, Naingollan/Hamsik, Mertens, Buffon, Chiellini in the coming weeks I think.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Damn if I ordered last week I could have got the Ronaldo edition bundle for the same price as the normal. Now I've ordered the normal one from amazon and they say expected delivery is only Saturday. That shit better come on Friday.

Carlsen19

Mine got to 64% froze and then disappeared but was installed.

Have to play the games everyday to get near the top and I've just not got the patience. Or a Mrs that would be OK with it.
You can’t lose progress though right? I’m ranked gold one after 8 games so I’m guaranteed at least 1 premium gold players pack, 2 jumbo premium gold packs and 12,400 coins? That seems great.

P-Nut

You can’t lose progress though right? I’m ranked gold one after 8 games so I’m guaranteed at least 1 premium gold players pack, 2 jumbo premium gold packs and 12,400 coins? That seems great.
From the little I've played of the mode I think the bands are set of percentages. So I'd say yeah you could lose progress as more people play you'll move down in how high your score is compared to others.

I keep telling myself to work through it and grind the games as I can win pretty easily on legendary so would probably finish gold 1 if I could be arsed grinding it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
From the little I've played of the mode I think the bands are set of percentages. So I'd say yeah you could lose progress as more people play you'll move down in how high your score is compared to others.

I keep telling myself to work through it and grind the games as I can win pretty easily on legendary so would probably finish gold 1 if I could be arsed grinding it.
Yeah you can lose places. 4 games a day. You can actually play no games one day and 8 the next. Not sure if you can roll over 3 days and play 12 in one day though.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Some issue with PSN and haven't been able to get on it in the past couple of hours. Kinda defeats the point of getting the early access :rolleyes:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Near 40k coins and 2 mega packs is awesome. Elite rewards are easy to get if you have a good team and play on legendary.

If you have a top team you might even break into top 100.

Loving the squad battles.

P-Nut

Near 40k coins and 2 mega packs is awesome. Elite rewards are easy to get if you have a good team and play on legendary.

If you have a top team you might even break into top 100.

Loving the squad battles.
Do you need to win every game on legendary? I feel like I'd win most of them but I can guarantee 100% win rate on world class

Carlsen19

Sold all my players and starting afresh. Can't settle on a formation or a squad though, got about 60k to spend. Any recommendations?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I've always been tempted to have a blast of this but I worry it'll suck me in and start demanding my lunch money as these kind of card opening RNG thingies can be prone to do.

Can you compete with others without spending real money if you're pretty decent at the game?

P-Nut

Sold all my players and starting afresh. Can't settle on a formation or a squad though, got about 60k to spend. Any recommendations?
I'd avoid the prem with that sort of money. Bundesliga or Calcio A are probably best value for money.

Alternatively, spend big on a front 3 and hope to outscored opponents.

Berbaclass

Opened 12k FP last night and got not much.

Did the National Pride SBC just then and got Thiago Silva :drool:

Going for around 70k BIN should I wait or sell now?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I've always been tempted to have a blast of this but I worry it'll suck me in and start demanding my lunch money as these kind of card opening RNG thingies can be prone to do.

Can you compete with others without spending real money if you're pretty decent at the game?
Its certainly possible. My brother does well and never puts money in, in fact only takes money out. Probably makes around 10m coins over the year. He is good at the game but that's not the only important thing really. Its being good at trading to make all of those coins to afford a top team.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Its certainly possible. My brother does well and never puts money in, in fact only takes money out. Probably makes around 10m coins over the year. He is good at the game but that's not the only important thing really. Its being good at trading to make all of those coins to afford a top team.
I might give it a dabble then, after watching a few YT vids on how to trade effectively. I'm a bugger for eventually buying "just this once" things though, once ends up being once a week and then eventually I realise I've drip fed hundreds into things