Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

luke511

Anyone else feel like EA really need to pull their finger out for next year's version? Their recent persistence on assisted AI defending and nerfing of the lower rated players have completely sucked the life out of the game in my opinion. On the older versions, 15 for example, you could use a 75 rated Ibarbo and still dribble through a defence and score a worldie, now you need an icon Ronaldinho to have the same effect. They've obviously implemented this so it encourages players to spend a lot more money to get a better team, only to find their team is still not good enough. Back in the days of 14 and 15 if you were good enough you could stuff a team 6-0, that never happens anymore. It all relies on the momentum swings in the game's script, it's a clear as day and it seems a lot of people have had enough of the bullshit.

izec

Anyone know if there is a glitch that disconnects the game, but doesn't actually count the game as played even though your players use contracts?
I got it twice now on the World Cup mode and i'm pretty sure people are abusing the glitch because I did get my free pack. Also, both times this happened the opponent had a terrible squad with random low rated players and no chemistry.
I think there is. Seen something on twitter, but you get a ban if do it too often. People do it for free one player pack

Dolf

I think there is. Seen something on twitter, but you get a ban if do it too often. People do it for free one player pack
oh. I just found out about it and i've done it about 20 times now so I hope I don't get banned then :lol:

MTF

Anyone else feel like EA really need to pull their finger out for next year's version? Their recent persistence on assisted AI defending and nerfing of the lower rated players have completely sucked the life out of the game in my opinion. On the older versions, 15 for example, you could use a 75 rated Ibarbo and still dribble through a defence and score a worldie, now you need an icon Ronaldinho to have the same effect. They've obviously implemented this so it encourages players to spend a lot more money to get a better team, only to find their team is still not good enough. Back in the days of 14 and 15 if you were good enough you could stuff a team 6-0, that never happens anymore. It all relies on the momentum swings in the game's script, it's a clear as day and it seems a lot of people have had enough of the bullshit.
Agree 100%

izec

To be fair, the game is almost dead at this point. They didnt even release a TOTW, not that it matters much for the useless players, but it still shows. I played last year til August at least, now i played the WC mode for a week and am bored.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone know if there is a glitch that disconnects the game, but doesn't actually count the game as played even though your players use contracts?
I got it twice now on the World Cup mode and i'm pretty sure people are abusing the glitch because I did get my free pack. Also, both times this happened the opponent had a terrible squad with random low rated players and no chemistry.
I have came across those type of games many times down the years, you only get the points if you are winning when they disconnect or else it doesn't count in points but does on contracts.

Dolf

Very true. Whats bothers me the most is EA’s arrogance. For years they denied the scripting, even banned people from their forum for talking about it, until someone found evidence in their gamecode. Then they just admitted it and called it ‘momentum’.
They should take it out, it drives me crazy being the better player , missing 10 shots from point blank range and then your opponent get his first shot ongoal from the half way line and it goes in.
There should also be more rewards or waya to get packs for people who dont want to spend any real money.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Very true. Whats bothers me the most is EA’s arrogance. For years they denied the scripting, even banned people from their forum for talking about it, until someone found evidence in their gamecode. Then they just admitted it and called it ‘momentum’.
They should take it out, it drives me crazy being the better player , missing 10 shots from point blank range and then your opponent get his first shot ongoal from the half way line and it goes in.
There should also be more rewards or waya to get packs for people who dont want to spend any real money.
I went on a 11 game winless run despite battering the opponent in 8 or 9 of them.

To give an insight of what i had to deal with, the last of those games i conceded the equalizer due to a glitch with the keeper then after that their keeper made two saves that make even DDG's best ones look routine, i hit the underside of the bar three times, the post once then Jamie Vardy (one of the most clinical players in football) misses three sitters with ALL off them going past the post by a millimetre.

At that point i was genuinely wondering if i was having a long winless run scripted against me but luckily i won the game after.

Dolf

I went on a 11 game winless run despite battering the opponent in 8 or 9 of them.

To give an insight of what i had to deal with, the last of those games i conceded the equalizer due to a glitch with the keeper then after that their keeper made two saves that make even DDG's best ones look routine, i hit the underside of the bar three times, the post once then Jamie Vardy (one of the most clinical players in football) misses three sitters with ALL off them going past the post by a millimetre.

At that point i was genuinely wondering if i was having a long winless run scripted against me but luckily i won the game after.
:lol: How many controllers did you break?

I'm so done with Fifa, i've always bought it on release but this year i'm going to wait for the reviews first. Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out in October so if Fifa hasn't completely changed i'm not even going to buy it.
Too bad there is no real competition for Fifa.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: How many controllers did you break?

I'm so done with Fifa, i've always bought it on release but this year i'm going to wait for the reviews first. Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out in October so if Fifa hasn't completely changed i'm not even going to buy it.
Too bad there is no real competition for Fifa.
The controllers were safe, the wall not so much :lol:

I would probably be able to somewhat tolerate it if i got it back in reverse at some stage, but i have been playing UT since 2012 and while i have ground out a few results in my time, i can't recall ever getting hammered and getting all the breaks like what happened in the game i described above.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is it just me or is neither De Gea or Courtois very good in this fifa?

Tried both, including DDG TOTS and i found both severely underwhelming and much prefer TOTS Zoet (PSV keeper). One keeper card i'd stay well clear of is TOTS Nick Pope, he is truly every shade of shite.