Gaming FIFA 19

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The fact that every single game he has the same commentary for the opening goal is doing my head in already. Hope that isn't the case for the actual game otherwise I'll have to turn off commentary and just have music on.
I think it’ll just be the first group game, which is obviously every game in the demo.

dove

Tried the demo. How the feck do people decide to spend money on a FIFA game after playing that? Graphics are terrible, players look nothing like their real life counterparts, gameplay is arcadey, players still run like they’re ice skating. I mean just wtf?
Probably has something to do with it being the only playable football game around...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think it’ll just be the first group game, which is obviously every game in the demo.
Quite possibly, but even then it doesn't make sense. If the away team scores he still says it was the home teams plan to keep it tight, despite earlier saying you need to win your home games.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think you only really notice the changes if you have put loads of hours in. The changes aren't massive, but they are improvements that needed making. My only thing is how much is going to change on that first patch or 2
Yeah you’re probably right. Me, my friends and the youtube community (all people who have put lots of hours into the game) seem to agree that it’s the best demo in a very long time. Though I think many people fail to realize that there’s so much gameplay tweaking/customization that can be done in settings and in the other menus.

I read on reddit that someone who was at the capture event had spoken to one of the guys working on the game and he had said that unlike previous installments, they won’t make an early gameplay patch this time. So I think it’s safe to assume that the gameplay we’re experiencing on release date will be around for at least a few months. IIRC I also heard this from one of the FIFA youtubers.

Macern

Pee pee pants
The fact that every single game he has the same commentary for the opening goal is doing my head in already. Hope that isn't the case for the actual game otherwise I'll have to turn off commentary and just have music on.
You can switch back to Martin Tyler and Alan Smith I think.

P-Nut

Yeah you’re probably right. Me, my friends and the youtube community (all people who have put lots of hours into the game) seem to agree that it’s the best demo in a very long time. Though I think many people fail to realize that there’s so much gameplay tweaking/customization that can be done in settings and in the other menus.

I read on reddit that someone who was at the capture event had spoken to one of the guys working on the game and he had said that unlike previous installments, they won’t make an early gameplay patch this time. So I think it’s safe to assume that the gameplay we’re experiencing on release date will be around for at least a few months. IIRC I also heard this from one of the FIFA youtubers.
That will be great if true, when a massive amount of people complain about it though, we'll see if they stick to it.

Eriku

Tried the demo. How the feck do people decide to spend money on a FIFA game after playing that? Graphics are terrible, players look nothing like their real life counterparts, gameplay is arcadey, players still run like they’re ice skating. I mean just wtf?
The part in bold is just straight up false, dude, no need to go overboard.

Brinky

Anybody else find the new commentary awful? How on earth have Derek Rae and Lee Dixon got this gig?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Anybody else find the new commentary awful? How on earth have Derek Rae and Lee Dixon got this gig?
I just hate how Derek Rae pronounces names of players. Lee Dixon whilst a bit boring to listen to at least isn’t annoying.

Would love to see a Neville as a commentary option. You should be able to mix and match IMO.

Brinky

They most likely only for champions league.
Yeah they will be, but iam sure FIFA, who are marketing the main brand new feature of FIFA19 as the Champions League mode, would have more well renowned/better commentators.:D I wont likely play the mode much so not really an issue for me thankfully!

P-Nut

I just hate how Derek Rae pronounces names of players. Lee Dixon whilst a bit boring to listen to at least isn’t annoying.

Would love to see a Neville as a commentary option. You should be able to mix and match IMO.
De Bruyne one is so weird. I'm sure he's never said it like that before.

Brinky

De Bruyne one is so weird. I'm sure he's never said it like that before.
The way he says Kroos aswell is weird. He also says "Joshua" in relation to Joshua Kimmich something like "Hossheweer".

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I turned the commentary off for a while it was weird at first but I played better because they just annoy me sometimes.

Green_Red

FIFA 13 was the pinnicle of FIFA games, after that it all went downhill.

No Love

352 seems to be my formation this year, the options when attacking are plentiful and it seems solid at the back.

pascell

Wow, doing SBC especially the lower teams on the MM and the specials like St Patrick's Day, Halloween and Christmas are going to be even more expensive.

On the plus side, I'm guessing this will help 85+ players retain their value for longer as not many will be in the smaller packs meaning less on the market?

Edit: or another ploy from EA for people to spend more money on the more expensive packs for better players?

Utdstar01

Just played the demo and i have to say it doesn't feel great at all. Potentially worse than last year's. Player models look poor as well. Fred looks nothing like him and Lukaku looks like 2014 edition Lukaku.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wow, doing SBC especially the lower teams on the MM and the specials like St Patrick's Day, Halloween and Christmas are going to be even more expensive.

On the plus side, I'm guessing this will help 85+ players retain their value for longer as not many will be in the smaller packs meaning less on the market?

Edit: or another ploy from EA for people to spend more money on the more expensive packs for better players?
I think it's just always been like that tbh, they're now actually being forced to release the probabilities.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The demo is absolutely shit BTW. I will probably somehow end up buying this again for local multiplayer (I wish I didn't but most of my mates won't even contemplate playing any other sports games during our beer & shots sessions) but it's unplayable for me in this shape, really.

My mates are in awe and saying it's the best football simulator ever and that they actually did not change much on purpose because FIFA 18 was already a perfect football game, I think I should find new friends. It's really so shit on so many levels.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just played the demo and i have to say it doesn't feel great at all. Potentially worse than last year's. Player models look poor as well. Fred looks nothing like him and Lukaku looks like 2014 edition Lukaku.
EA regressing the player resemblance so they can bring it back as a noticeable feature.
Only half joking.

bosnian_red

Wait, they've actually been ordered to do that? Amazing if so.
Yep because of gambling laws and potential lawsuits they were pressured into it. Madden and fifa and probably their other games as well started releasing the odds.

KingCantona87

I guarantee you there's not a 4.5% chance of getting an IF or a Messi/Ronaldo card. So I'd argue these odds are misleading even if technically accurate. Also, £120 on average to pack 4 good players (and that's ignoring the fact it could take thousands of packs to achieve that average). That's atrocious! feck off EA and the sooner Ultimate Team dies, the better.

Sarni

Yep because of gambling laws and potential lawsuits they were pressured into it. Madden and fifa and probably their other games as well started releasing the odds.
Great, though they are still claiming they've done that voluntarily. That company is so rotten.

Sarni

I guarantee you there's not a 4.5% chance of getting an IF or a Messi/Ronaldo card. So I'd argue these odds are misleading even if technically accurate. Also, £120 on average to pack 4 good players (and that's ignoring the fact it could take thousands of packs to achieve that average). That's atrocious! feck off EA and the sooner Ultimate Team dies, the better.
No, for a Messi/Ronaldo or IF card it's probably like 0.005%. 4.5% is for 84+ and it will mostly be 84-86 players I guess. It's still telling that you will get a fairly good player in one of 21 packs and should stop people from buying those in huge amounts, they still will though.

UT is pure evil garbage.

izec

No, for a Messi/Ronaldo or IF card it's probably like 0.005%. 4.5% is for 84+ and it will mostly be 84-86 players I guess. It's still telling that you will get a fairly good player in one of 21 packs and should stop people from buying those in huge amounts, they still will though.

UT is pure evil garbage.
IF card is not that difficult, but you wont get a good one. You will get one under 82 with relative ease, the higher ones are difficult to get though.

SirAF

Ageist
They should have a CL mode online in the same mould as Seasons, that would be neat.

bosnian_red

FUT Champions is finally reduced down to just 30 games (still excessive but 10 a day is way better then the 40 total before). Also no more monthly rewards, but instead you get a player pick every week to choose which weekly you want. Welcome changes, feck having to do that every single weekend.